• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe I misunderstand. If Boros is scaled from an energy blast, his durability can be lower.

Antvasima said:
Well, maybe I misunderstand. If Boros is scaled from an energy blast, his durability can be lower.
I feel that Boros' strength and durability would scale to Saitama's Moon Jump. During the entire fight, Saitama is gradually putting a little more effort to face Boros. First he does one standard punch against Armored Boros. Then he only blocks Unsealed Boros and a normal attack tears his arm off. Then he fights Meteoric Burst and gets pushed to the moon. Only then does Saitama start trying to fight Boros back. His narration even says it "Now this looks more like a real fight ".

Saitama's Moon Jump and the Respective Punch and Combo he fired at Boros logically have more effort put into them than anything Saitama's ever done before in the manga, even his punch against the meteor (Which is Island level). Also notable that this is the first time in the series where Murata draws a serious, more detailed Saitama during a fight. This indicates that Saitama's actually trying harder here than ever before, and allows us to scale Saitama's punches to anything he ever did before.

Boros absolutely would have a durability that would be Continental at a minimum, and this is only using the manga. If you people want to have Planetary Boros, then he'd have to be way stronger too to endure the energies within him.

If you go strictly by the manga, then we have three things: Saitama's Moon Jump. Boros's Attack and Saitama's Serious Punch.

Here are calcs for all three:

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/opm-feat-saitamas-moon-shockwave-revised.33495/

23.809 petatons

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/opm-feat-planet-buster-roar-cannon.33496/

511.71 petatons

https://forums.hero-academia.com/xfa-blog-entry/saitamas-cloud-parting-revised-opm.31015/

1.667 exatons

This means that Saitama's Serious Punch is about 3.25770456 times stronger than Boros's Planet Busting Roar Cannon, which is itself 21.4922928 times stronger than Saitama's barely trying strength.

It is scary how close and consistent these numbers are.

The energy produced by Saitama's leap should scale to his punches against Boros, seeing as both instances have a "Barely Trying" Saitama putting more effort than ever before. And unless someone can prove me mathematically that Saitama's KE, which produced the moon feat, got so astronomically reduced within seconds, it would also scale to Boros' AP as he was devastating his own ship while Saitama's only made a small crater.

Boros' AP should be comparable to his durability, regardless, since Boros was the first opponent who could actually physically affect Saitama with his attacks. Sure Boros didn't hurt him, but Saitama was at least feeling and being scratched by his attacks, as stated by the narrator during the beginning of the chapter.

Basically, Boros during the Meteoric Burst should at least be Continent level in both AP and Durability.

I think it only Boros's thoughts,after all this make no sense that he got hurt by weaker Boros and then was completely fine and apathetic after Boros's meteoric burst attack who far stronger

No it's not.

Boros' statement is this.

That line is a narrator exclamation of sorts. A lot of manga have this, where something happens and is followed by huge exclamation lines on-page, not meant to be spoken by any character.

It is notable, because in the anime adaptation that particular statement is removed, as the anime chose to remove such exclamations as they wouldn't be natural. Most anime remove them, too. The only example I can think of where such on-screen exclamations are kept is JoJo.

I'll concede on Meteoric Boros being able to withstand the CSRC, there is this panel which shows him firing the beam and not instantly vaporising himself in the process; also, it doesn't shorten his lifespan. It only places a "large burden on him" which indicates it only really affects his stamina rather than anything else. However, using this as a means to produce an explanation that each of his regular attacks scale to a move which involves him gathering up the total sum of his energy is something I heavily disagree with.

The statement "he took damage" is indeed a narrator comment. However, the statement was omitted in the volume release of the manga. This isn't uncommon as there was another feat performed by Boros which was also omitted (picking up a gigantic piece of debris from his spaceship to hurl at Saitama). Therefore, whether or not you can use this as a means to increase Boros' attacks when he was unleashed is questionable.

Regarding Saitama's moon-jump, keep in mind that it didn't just create a crater. It also sent the ship falling down, Boros gathering up his energy only made the process of it falling over more violent (as indicated by dark shine alloy); the serious punch and csrc colliding are what ruined the ship.

@AMM

Narrator Statements that open and close chapters are generally removed on Completed Volumes not because they are not canon, but because they have no purpose, as someone who bought the completed volume would read it all in one sitting, and thus wouldn't need statements at the beginning of the chapter to generate hype and at the end of the chapter to create a cliffhanger.

I don't see anything questionable about using it as evidence of Boros' attack. It just goes to show that Boros was the first opponent to physically affect Saitama in any way, and force Saitama to stop being completely casual.

Yes, Saitama's moon drop made Boros' ship tilt, but that is just because of the nature of the blow. Saitama collided directly with the ship, and gravity made it tilt. Meanwhile Boros' energy blasts which were aimed at Saitama tore huge holes in the ship open, while Saitama's Moon-Jump didn't even break the metal, instead only bending it. This only shows that Boros' attacks did more damage to his ship than the Saitama drop.

Well, I think that we use composite statistics for the manga and anime in the OPM case, due to ONE controlling both of their contents.

@Ant

I just think it'd be more consistent to be Manga only in this case. The gap between 6-A and High 6-A is far more reasonable given the content of the fight than 6-A to 5-B.

We should probably ask Azathoth about that, as I think he had a part in establishing the OPM standards.

@The Everlasting I don't remember. Sorry. But I have asked Azathoth to comment here.

@Matt The "shave the earth" interpretation (which IIRC can also be translated as "erase the earth") means nothing when that is immediately followed by it explicitly being stated that Boros's attack would destroy the earth.

I find High 6-A to be the more substantial rating. As both main canon statements and feats support it. But the guidebook does indeed call Boros a planetbuster and nothing else. As does the secondary canon anime. I'd be fine with him both being straight up High 6-A or the compromise of "possibly 5-B."

@Ant and AMM I personally think Boros shouldn't be treated as a glass cannon necessarily, but durability should be "At most Multi-Continental/Planet" since he can indeed withstand his own attack, but it heavily damages and wears him out a whole lot. I can agree to PBRC not being scaled to his regular attacks as well though.

@AMM

IMO

Sealed Boros: What he currently has.

Unsealed Boros: At least Large Island level, likely higher (Physically affected Saitama far more than any other opponent he faced sans Garou. Notably, Saitama was completely unphased by Tatsumaki's attacks during their fight)

Meteoric Burst: Continent level, Multi-Continent level / Planet level with PBRC

The name for the attack can be shaved or destroy, however, the description explicitly involves destruction which is why the translator in question used "destroy" rather than shave. Not that this really matters, since Boros outright states he is going to wipe out Saitama and the planets surface unless he is ignorant of the capabilities of his finishing attacks. Which may be possible, seeing as Saitama was the first person he went toe-to-toe with; that was just going into his unleashed form.

The guidebook does not call Boros High 6-A. To say it does is to be completely ignoring context.

However since the main canon calls him High 6-A and there are multiple High 6-A feats though, I can be fine with him being rated as only High 6-A on those grounds.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Unsealed Boros: At least Large Island level, likely higher (Physically affected Saitama far more than any other opponent he faced sans Garou. Notably, Saitama was completely unphased by Tatsumaki's attacks during their fight)
Are you sure we should be rating him on those grounds? Yeah Saitama and Boros are rather obviously far above Tornado's level. But during their fight Tornado was quite heavily weakened. Fuhrer Ugly was able to harm her prior. I'm not sure if such circumstances should be used to justify the rating. Of course at full power, I highly doubt Tornado would've done jack shit to super casual Saitama either.

@Ryu

Well, how can we rate Unsealed Boros sans Meteoric Burst, then? He is obviously far above even 100% Tatsu, but can he scale to the 6-A stuff?

Doesn't an insanely casual Saitama have a 6-A feat? Could Boros scale to that feat first form and his final forms get the High 6-A to 5-B stuff?

Also didn't Boros do more harm to his own ship than Tornado's High 6-C attack did? Sorry if I am mistaken?

Saitama's moon jump, which is rather casual, generated 6-A energy. The punches Saitama were throwing against Boros at the end of the fight did have more effort.

His First Form (I assume you mean Armored) simply took a normal punch Saitama throws at his usual monster foes, and survived.

Unsealed Boros is notably far stronger than any other opponent Saitama ever faces, aside from Meteoric Burst Boros and Monster Garou.

@Matt Yes I mean Armored Boros. I'm not sure how to rate that form. It's like a Daishinkan thing. He is extremely obviously above Tornado. But there doesn't seem to be good arguments to support that.

Like I said though. I recall Armored Boros doing much more damage to the ship than Tornado's High 6-C attack. Am I mistaken?

@Ryu

No, it was Unsealed Boros who tore the ship open when fighting Saitama, putting them on the "roof".

And is Armored Boros reeeeally stronger than Tatsumaki? All we know is that he is >>>>>>>> His Demon - Dragon level subordinates.

@AMM

How would you calc it, since we know for a fact that Boros' ship is more durable than any material on earth. Use diamond as a low-end?

@Matt Well you suggested Armored Boros be scaled as above Tornado previously. But I think if we have nothing else for that first form, his rating is fine as it is.

> but Saitama was at least feeling and being scratched by his attacks, as stated by the narrator during the beginning of the chapter.

That was left out in the collected version though

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XZi4FPcqd...CioN3_9GzppDAWd-0PWgZgCHM/s16000/0036-001.png

Though Saitama was pretty clear thar Boros was leagues above everyone else he fought

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zU7OPcrj3...sl8nyBWpu_5SjlUwnnYVmgCHM/s16000/0036-016.png

(Almost a real fight still seems like a backhanded compliment, but its good considering the context)

> His Demon - Dragon level subordinates.

All of his commanders are Dragon. I've also heard ONE said they're all stronger than normal Dragons, but the person didn't provide a source

> Also didn't Boros do more harm to his own ship than Tornado's High 6-C attack did? Sorry if I am mistaken?

Yeah. Torando's first and second barrage caused less damahe than the chest beam, Burst Punch, and the CSRC charge up

I dont think we should take the "he took damge" so seriously

Boros's Meteoric Burst didnt do anything to Saitama,he feel noting at all and that not make sense that Boros in far weaker form will be able to hurt him and not in Meteoric Burst form,and it not like Boros did something special to Saitama before,he only hit him in the head ,he did the same thing in Meteoric Burst's form and that has zero affect on Saitama,it more like PIS or somthing unless 100% Boros> Metoric Burst Boros

Saitama wasnt even sure if Boros is the strongest enemy he ever meet ,he didnt think about him or care Boros so much,if Boros really was able to hurt him,after more then years that Saitama forgot how pain feel like,i think Saitama would definitely remember him and would way more Impressed and enthusiastic from Boros and not just "MEH"

That my opinion at least

Sure we should take it seriously.

If you're scratched by a hissing cat, you're still taking "damage", albeit not severe one in the slightest.

The point isn't that Boros hurt Saitama. The point is that Saitama was actually feeling Boros' attacks.

But he didnt feel Boros's attacks when he was in Meteoric Burst,he didnt realise he in the space until he look around,Boros's kick was so weak to him he didnt even understand how far that kick send him

Lmfao i love how the staff members have perfect grammar while the regular members can barely spell XD Anyways, giving boros a separate tier for his CSRC attack is ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense. CSRC is his OWN power, its not like boros had to use a weapon or a machine to generate that attack lmao. If CSRC is high 6-A, boros is also high 6-A. This is common sense... saying that boros is high 6-C and only high 6-A with CSRC is just.... i dont even know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back