• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Lifting Strength Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about:

Lifting Strength: Unknown, likely at least Class G (As the "Strongest in the Universe" and possessing incredible physical prowess in all other attributes, it is likely that Boros is far stronger than heroes such as Superalloy Darkshine and Tanktop Master)

Okay, well let's see what everyone else thinks.
Personally speaking I get Boros scaling above people physically, since his strength is based on muscles and energy amplification.

Saying he should scale to Tornado's TK is just not based on anything. Even being restrained isn't much of an issue if he has more AP and just just break any hold with energy attacks.

So I'm with you regarding Class G, I don't think Class P has much for it at the moment.

Though the LS would just be "At least Class G" I think.

Saying he should scale to Tornado's TK is just not based on anything. Even being restrained isn't much of an issue if he has more AP and just just break any hold with energy attacks.
Again, the statement wasn’t that Boros can beat everyone, it was simply “strength” which we can agree that LS falls under (because we scale LS and AP with statements of strength (Genos and tank top master)) so the same should apply here
And tatsumaki can convert TK into physicals as I explained as well, so Boros would scale regardless.

Again, the statement wasn’t that Boros can beat everyone
Being the "Strongest in the universe" can mean he's phyiscally the most powerful being. Which can work, but being the physically most powerful does not mean he scales to someone's telekinesis.
we can agree that LS falls under
Physical LS sure. But Tornado does not lift with her muscles.
so the same should apply here
No.

You're suggesting a positive modifier here without any evidence to back it up. You would have to prove that Boros, a physical fighter, should scale to a non-physical thing. It's not even like Tornado could probably restrain him either for the reasons I mentioned before.

As if Opm had super strong haxes.

My point is, if Tornado could keep him in place for long periods of time and do whatever she wanted with him unopposed, that would make her the actual strongest, as Boros wouldn't be able to respond in any way.
I think a "posible Class G" could be added then, using this logic

Being the "Strongest in the universe" can mean he's phyiscally the most powerful being. Which can work, but being the physically most powerful does not mean he scales to someone's telekinesis.
No no no, there you go with changing the statement around and putting words into the guidebook’s mouth
it didn’t say just “physically the strongest” it simply said the strongest. You are trying to narrow it down to physical and then use that as the basis for the rest, when that was never the case go begin with.
And you also didn’t address the part about tatsumaki being able to physically self amp herself with her psychic powers to begin with.
Physical LS sure. But Tornado does not lift with her muscles.
The statement wasn’t physical only my friend.
Yes.
You're suggesting a positive modifier here without any evidence to back it up. You would have to prove that Boros, a physical fighter, should scale to a non-physical thing. It's not even like Tornado could probably restrain him either for the reasons I mentioned before.
I do not have to prove that, you are the one who needs to prove that it only applies to physicals.

At least Class G seems fine. Either upscaling from Darkshine or from Saitama's Class G feat.
Sage Centipede wouldn't be included in this statement, right?

It is far too generous to assume that all possible interpretations of what "Strongest" can mean here are all valid to be used for Boros.

It's like you're saying it we don't scale his lifting above Tatsumaki's TK then it is impossible for him to be called the strongest.

It is far too generous to assume that all possible interpretations of what "Strongest" can mean here are all valid to be used for Boros.

It's like you're saying it we don't scale his lifting above Tatsumaki's TK then it is impossible for him to be called the strongest.
It’s not impossible perhaps, just far less likely
You know what I mean? And besides, you say “all” as if there’s not literally only 2 possible ways. It’s literally in the name, lifting STRENGTH.

And you also didn’t address the part about tatsumaki being able to physically self amp herself with her psychic powers to begin with.
When has Tornado has never used her psionics to amp her striking strength or perform feats remotely in the same class as just her TK. Her making herself stronger isn't the same as her being equal to her total power output.

It's why she has Unknown Striking strength and her durability is only High 6-A with barriers.

I do not have to prove that, you are the one who needs to prove that it only applies to physicals.
Boros never encounters anyone with TK and has viable why's to break a TK hold. You would need to prove he can overcome it with brute force. Which isn't possible.

Tatsumaki is Class P
Class G is universally accepted, Class P isn't.

When has Tornado has never used her psionics to amp her striking strength or perform feats remotely in the same class as just her TK. Her making herself stronger isn't the same as her being equal to her total power output.

It's why she has Unknown Striking strength and her durability is only High 6-A with barriers.
Wrong and wrong again
It is objectively wrong to assume some kind of arbitrary maximum level for being able to amp, considering that Fubuki using the same technique for bomb and bang did not have such a limit.
And second, it’s only unknown without psychic powers. Of course when her psychic powers are deactivated, it would fall under unknown, but she can use psychic power to make her physical self more durable and powerful.
Boros never encounters anyone with TK and has viable why's to break a TK hold. You would need to prove he can overcome it with brute force. Which isn't possible.
Which is completely possible, because someone with class 100 TK is not allowed to overpower someone with stellar LS. At best they could make them fly against their will, but they would be unable to restrain them at all
You should have known this already but just in case, its nlf to assume that psychic LS can overpower anybody with no Psychic resistance

Well, the only reason why this CTR started was precisely because of this advantage, if there wasn't this advantage this CTR wouldn't have happened...

Anyways I think I’ve made the points quite clear.
Boros is stated to be stronger than Tatsumaki. It was not stated that Boros is physically stronger, or that Boros is most likely to win in a fight, or that Boros has a lot of economic power, or
willpower, or a high lung capacity, or any of that shit.
He is just stronger. And what are the only two MAIN versions of strength? Lifting Strength and Striking Strength. Do we already scale LS from such statements? Yes we do, so why stop now when we have not one, three consecutive statements of Boros being the strongest.
Does telekinesis fall under lifting strength? Yes, considering literally every time TK is used, it’s technically crushing/lifting/pushing something, except for when tatsumaki strikes saitama with her psychic finger.
Boros is stronger than tatsumaki
Tatsumaki is high 6-A
Boros is High 6-A
Tatsumaki is class P
Boros is class P
It really just is that simple. Either this, or we contradict past decisions and throw logic out the window, just because we’re scared of a little Boros upgrade.

It is objectively wrong to assume some kind of arbitrary maximum level for being able to amp, considering that Fubuki using the same technique for bomb and bang did not have such a limit.
I want you to show me a scene of Torndo punching someone or lifting something that would imply her amped strength = psionic strength then.

Which is completely possible, because someone with class 100 TK is not allowed to overpower someone with stellar LS
Her restraining Boros doesn't mean anything if she can't easily damage him and he can escape by just using energy attacks. He doesn't need to scale to her TK to be stronger than her.

nlf to assume that psychic LS can overpower anybody with no Psychic resistance
They could just not in the way you're implying. If you can Class 100 LS you would be able to lift MCU Hulk in the air, you just wouldn't be able to restrain him and there are ways for Hulk to theoretically escape from that lift.

Tornado holding Boros doesn't mean Boros can't just fire at her from a range or pressure her to the point where she can't reliably stop him.

Overall I don't see a proper reason to scale hik to TK like I do with just physical strength.

I want you to show me a scene of Torndo punching someone or lifting something that would imply her amped strength = psionic strength then.
Fubuki exists.
Her restraining Boros doesn't mean anything if she can't easily damage him and he can escape by just using energy attacks. He doesn't need to scale to her TK to be stronger than her.
Which only matters for who would win in a fight, which I must annoyingly repeat, has nothing to do with a statement that said nothing except that he is stronger
They could just not in the way you're implying. If you can Class 100 LS you would be able to lift MCU Hulk in the air, you just wouldn't be able to restrain him and there are ways for Hulk to theoretically escape from that lift.
Which has nothing to do with this, because you are talking about a strategy for Boros winning in a fight once again.

Tornado holding Boros doesn't mean Boros can't just fire at her from a range or pressure her to the point where she can't reliably stop him.
Which, once again, has nothing to do with a statement that Boros is STRONGER
Overall I don't see a proper reason to scale hik to TK like I do with just physical strength.
I don’t know, perhaps the 3 statements that Boros is stronger, could possibly suggest that Boros has more strength.

If we're using statements in place of evidence, the DB states Tatsumaki's power can move "all creation". 🗿

If we're using statements in place of evidence, the DB states Tatsumaki's power can move "all creation". 🗿
Oh yes you’re right, of course
In fact, I guess all statements are invalid guys, we should literally never listen to anything One says again!!!!
Jesus Christ dude there were a number of things you could have responded with, and this is literally the worst option. I’m impressed.
The wiki uses statements, I feel like I shouldn’t need to say this, but it’s true.

IMG_0550.png
I was asking for the scans if possible and which guidebook they’re from
Well here’s one of them, top left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back