• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Lifting Strength Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something being valid in the past doesn't mean people have to care about it in the present. Revisions happen all the time to remove things that were once seen as valid and may no longer be the case.
Was just pointing out a funny wording
But to be fair, this thread’s OP didn’t even take into account the confidence scaling aspect of it, so that’s still not completely accurate

IMO we need to stop with the "he's far stronger than this person who has done "X" feat" even though he has no feats to suggest he can do "X". Like, it's ok to be unknown/featless.

Yeah... People act like if we're labelling someone as "Unknown" that means we're labelling them as "Weak".

Yeah... People act like if we're labelling someone as "Unknown" that means we're labelling them as "Weak".
I don’t really care about that, what matters here isn’t that you’re calling Boros weak (we already know you think so lmao)it’s just that your logic is completely unsupported

So what if Tatsumaki’s LS comes from psychic power? It’s literally still LS, and having non physical statistics have literally not stopped us before.
Strength means strength, it doesn’t mean “he hit harder, but she can lift more though”
Boros is stronger than Tatsumaki, period.

Consider the fact that if tatsumaki was able to restrain Boros via LS, the wiki would instantly declare her stronger
But if we have proof that Boros is stronger, oh all of a sudden it’s “well there’s no way it applies to both kinds of strength”
Yeah, statements. But what has he proven to be capable of?
STATEMENTS ARE LITERALLY PROOF

I don’t really care about that, what matters here isn’t that you’re calling Boros weak (we already know you think so lmao)it’s just that your logic is completely unsupported

So what if Tatsumaki’s LS comes from psychic power? It’s literally still LS, and having non physical statistics have literally not stopped us before.
Strength means strength, it doesn’t mean “he hit harder, but she can lift more though”
Boros is stronger than Tatsumaki, period.
Show me Tatsumaki lifting anything close to her esper output with her bare hands.

Consider the fact that if tatsumaki was able to restrain Boros via LS, the wiki would instantly declare her stronger
But if we have proof that Boros is stronger, oh all of a sudden it’s “well there’s no way it applies to both kinds of strength”

STATEMENTS ARE LITERALLY PROOF
Boros has no resistance to TK tho

Show me Tatsumaki lifting anything close to her esper output with her bare hands.
Oh my goodness gracious, did you even read what you replied to? I literally just got finished explaining why her bare hands do not even matter
but fine, if you want proof that tatsumaki can apply her psychic power to her physical body, just look at her tanking gyoro’s gravity, along with her finger flicking saitama

@ZillertheBucko Boros being the "Strongest in the Universe" doesn't require him to literally be able to bench-press more than Tatsumaki can lift with her telekinesis.

If Boros blitzed Tatsumaki and swiped her head off with a slap, it would fair to label him as "stronger than Tatsumaki" without him having to have superior Lifting Strength.

"Stronger" does not always refer to merely physical strength.

@ZillertheBucko Boros being the "Strongest in the Universe" doesn't require him to literally be able to bench-press more than Tatsumaki can lift with her telekinesis.

If Boros blitzed Tatsumaki and swiped her head off with a slap, it would fair to label him as "stronger than Tatsumaki" without him having to have superior Lifting Strength.

"Stronger" does not always refer to merely physical strength.
But we tend to assume it does apply to physical strength, so I don’t see why all of a sudden you’re bringing speed into this.
As someone said before, no statement says “Boros can win any fight in the universe” is just says he is the “strongest” in the universe (3 times)
And strength, as far as the wiki is considering, is 2 things: AP and LS
If you are gonna argue that it “could” be speed, then give some evidence perhaps, instead of going against the meaning of the statement for no apparent reason.

Genos was stated to be as strong as tank top master, does that mean we would start arbitrarily assuming “oh it could be speed it could be range if could be literally anything other than strength”
No, we would not do that. So what’s the big deal with this? It’s insane the lengths being stretched to in order to make strength not mean strength.

But we tend to assume it does apply to physical strength, so I don’t see why all of a sudden you’re bringing speed into this.
As someone said before, no statement says “Boros can win any fight in the universe” is just says he is the “strongest” in the universe (3 times)
And strength, as far as the wiki is considering, is 2 things: AP and LS
If you are gonna argue that it “could” be speed, then give some evidence perhaps, instead of going against the meaning of the statement for no apparent reason.
Without further context though, I would not assume that statement to automatically apply for Lifting Strength.

Similar case happened with One Piece and the "Strongest" titles there.

And I'm not saying it is related to speed specifically, I'm giving an example of how the title doesn't have to be as literal as just Lifting Strength.

Oh my goodness gracious, did you even read what you replied to? I literally just got finished explaining why her bare hands do not even matter
but fine, if you want proof that tatsumaki can apply her psychic power to her physical body, just look at her tanking gyoro’s gravity, along with her finger flicking saitama
Exactly, that's why she's unknown normally and rated whatever she is while using psychic power.

We could always just do:

'Unknown, likely X (Was called the strongest in thr universe, which would place him above the liks of Darksine), possibly far higher (Despite seeing Saitama overpower Geryuganshoop's telekinesis, he was still shocked that Saitama could match him)

Without further context though, I would not assume that statement to automatically apply for Lifting Strength.

Similar case happened with One Piece and the "Strongest" titles there.

And I'm not saying it is related to speed specifically, I'm giving an example of how the title doesn't have to be as literal as just Lifting Strength.
Well make it a possibly rating, that’s literally the only way you could possibly justify this line of thinking
You can’t 100% assume that it applies to LS by your logic, but there is definitely a fair chance that the word strength actually applies to lifting strength and to completely toss it out of the window just because of an unsupported “could be” is disingenuous

'Unknown, likely X (Was called the strongest in thr universe, which would place him above the liks of Darksine), possibly far higher (Despite seeing Saitama overpower Geryuganshoop's telekinesis, he was still shocked that Saitama could match him)
"Unknown, likely" seems a bit redundant imo, but the rest of it is alright

I like the fact that we're just dancing around the issue of his title being false in the first place since Saitama exists.

A "Likely" rating may work.

I'd personally put it as "Unknown, possibly Class G (Despite seeing Saitama overpower Geryuganshoop's telekinesis, he was still shocked that Saitama could match him)"
Since that would parallel Armored Boros' rating quite well

I like the fact that we're just dancing around the issue of his title being false in the first place since Saitama exists.
Don’t worry, I thought of that too in my Boros crt from before
It was stated to be “a battle for strongest in the universe” meaning that Boros being 2nd strongest still works
even though saitama being the clear exception was already implied without that, but I got that proof just in case

Don’t worry, I thought of that too in my Boros crt from before
It was stated to be “a battle for strongest in the universe” meaning that Boros being 2nd strongest still works
even though saitama being the clear exception was already implied without that, but I got that proof just in case
Blast Also Exists.

Also I’m going to probably give Blast accelerated development, considering he rwent from trading blows with a weaker version of pre molt elder centipede, to 2 years later being able to trade blows with a >> High 4-C Garou

Let’s review then
1. Boros is stronger than Tatsumaki
2. It COULD be excluding LS, but there’s no evidence suggesting that.
3. Psychic power is still considered as AP and LS, but Tatsumaki can even use it for physical attacks and self amping
Boros becomes either class P, or likely class P, or possibly class P, doesn’t really matter
Until there’s actually any evidence in favor of it being AP only, we’re still going to have to add the rating as a fair possibility for LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back