• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clockboxxer said:
>greater scale

Well definitely not that but

I would like to see how she's more consistent
In Binary form she has almost absorbed a star and empowered a stargate if I remember correctly, and she can absorb energy to reach this level of power nowadays as well. She has also damaged and knocked out Thor, consistently treated Iron Man armors like tinfoil, fought her way through an army of Super Skrulls, etcetera.

On the other hand, she was unable to damage the Hulk at all, so she is also inconsistent.

Antvasima said:
Clockboxxer said:
>greater scale

Well definitely not that but

I would like to see how she's more consistent
In Binary form she has almost absorbed a star and empowered a stargate if I remember correctly, and she can absorb energy to reach this level of power nowadays as well. She has also damaged and knocked out Thor, consistently treated Iron Man armors like tinfoil, fought her way through an army of Super Skrulls, etcetera.
On the other hand, she was unable to damage the Hulk at all, so she is also inconsistent.
Base carol, Ant.

BASE carol is 4-B.

@Zephyros

He is not always treated that way by the writers. Some of them give him lots of firepower but not a lot of physical punching power and durability, if I recall correctly. I am not very invested in the character though, so I may remember wrong.

Base Carol performed all of the other feats that I mentioned. The writers are inconsistent with her, but at least she has legitimate feats of that scale.

Anyway, please call the others. I don't want to go to bed at 4:00 in the morning again.

Antvasima said:
Base Carol performed all of the other feats that I mentioned. The writers are inconsistent with her, but at least she has legitimate feats of that scale.
Base Carol has never destroyed a sun or solar system. Her feats in that key come entirely from scaling.

Bro this is a wiki not your education you don't need to lose sleep over this shit. Like I get it might be important to you but you shouldn't be overtaxxing yourself

Also the second paragraph is literally you saying "Nah bro trust me he ain't that strong"

@Zephyrus

Carol has consistent feats of fighting characters on this level and a calculated maximum energy output of this scale as well if I remember correctly.

Booster Gold usually has to exert himself to destroy regular robots, and has never even blown up building or similar feats as far as I am aware. He is almost consistently displayed around tier 8-C, with 4-B defensive abilities. He is a major stone wall in that respect.

@Hugh

I have a few mental disabilities, and as such not anything better to do. Keeping this place organised gives me some sort of purpose.

In addition, doing so has lead to an increase in this wiki's popularity to about 100 times what it was when I came here, and it currently has around twice as many page views per month as sites like Bleeding Cool, so although I would have liked to get paid a reasonable salary for bringing in a lot of money to Fandom every year in advertisement fees, it still feels like I have accomplished something worthwhile and have a responsibility to this community.

No, the only possible legitimate feat is Maxima, and that was likely out of context. He does not regularly fight and beat 4-B level characters on even grounds as Carol has done, and generally has personal power demonstrations on roughly Batman's level.

Anyway, again, call the others. I have read so many of Booster's stories that a few outlier scans are not going to convince me, and do not remotely have the time to argue about this.

Take note that I like Booster and dislike Carol, but this would be extremely unreliable scaling, which is why I oppose it.

Well, I agree that seems more reliable.

I will be updating my list over time.

• Booster Gold Vol 1 #19 August 1987
    • Dodged beams of light from Rainbow Man
  • Booster Gold Vol 2 #1 October 2007
    • Booster Gold fights Ace
  • Booster Gold Vol 2 #0 April 2008
    • Harms Extant (Extant was going to kill him through hax, not physical strength, and he tanked a punch from him and recovered immediately after)
    • How strong is Extant supposed to be?
  • Booster Gold Vol 2 #24 November 2009
    • Booster's shields take an energy beam from Trigon.
  • Booster Gold Vol 2 #45 August 2011
    • Seemingly caused Doomsday to elicit a roar of pain
    • Flashpoint Universe
    • and #46
  • Booster Gold Vol 2 #47 October 2011
    • Booster Gold didn't fly as fast as Flash, otherwise, Alex wouldn't have been hit by an Atlantean soldier.
  • Justice League International Vol 3 #7 May 2012
    • Reacted to Lightweavers' attacks.
  • Justice League International Vol 3 #10 August 2012
    • Beam clash knocking out both Booster Gold and Guy Gardner.
    • New 52
  • Blue Beetle Vol 8 #11 September 2012
    • Punched out Blue Beetle
    • New 52
  • Action Comics Vol 1 #994 February 2018
    • Overpowered Kryptonian Robots
    • Rebirth

After checking, I did not notice him actually harming Doomsday or stalemating Guy Gardner in a contest of raw power.

The Ace robots tend to be of very different degrees of power, and the Blue Beetle was not shown as particularly powerful in this story. It was likely before his later power-ups.

Anyway, thank you for helping out. Input help from you and the other people I mentioned would be appreciated.

Is somebody willing to calculate this feat for him (punching a steel robot into small pieces)? It is the most impressive from him that I can think of at the moment.

It is from issue 23 of his original series.

I agree with the upgrade FRA.

Also, regarding this:

Antvasima said:
@Amelia
Yes, it is just an excuse that I have worked over 20000 hours building up this community to several dozen times its original popularity, and am so ridiculously overworked that I barely get enough sleep. Of course.

I am tired of you taking any opportunity to demonise and attack me, given that I have consistently tried to treat you well despite your ongoing hostility towards me.
I'm going to be blunt with you Ant. People are complaining about this because you always repeat this exact same thing in many different threads. As someone who's been browsing this site for like four years now, I can confirm what's being said. If your life is really this hard, you have other staff members around you that are fully capable of helping if you reduce your workload. Nobody wishes ill will on you, but it's incredibly tiresome to here the same reason over and over again. It almost is an excuse if you're doing nothing about it either.

We appreciate the work you do, but you can't flaunt this in a thread as a means to escape not showing evidence. It's effectively just your word versus indicative scans and we know which is going to take priority here. If you're going to enter a dispute on something, you can't expect one side to bring scans to have to prove what they're saying while you don't, that's incredibly hypocritical and is practicing double standards.

Look, the problem here is that it genuinely isn't just an excuse in my case. I am already pushing myself extremely hard in order to keep up with all of the necessary work to keep this wiki running, and do not have the time to do elaborate research, just go with information from my memory.

This is the main reason why I much prefer to let rational and unbiased people I trust to have at least comparable knowledge to myself handle evaluations and revisions for Marvel and DC Comics, especially Sandman31, PrinceOfTheMorning, and ClassicNESfan, but all 3 of them are missing from the wiki at the moment, which puts me under a lot of pressure.

In the case of Booster Gold, it really is a case of common sense for people who have followed the character for a long time though, and actually read the stories he has been in, not just seen a few out of context scans on the Internet. He has consistently not had any particularly impressive feats to speak of, and been at best a middleweight above Batman but far below Superman.

I take the reliability of this wiki extremely seriously, so if I see revision threads that try to extremely exaggerate or downrank characters that I actually know a lot about, regardless if I like or dislike them (for the record, I like Booster a lot), I easily get stressed out from being forced to engage in long argument about them at the same time that I juggle lots of other tasks, since I cannot focus my full attention to the subject.

Also, most of the used examples here are very unreliable, as I mentioned earlier.

Can all the links get moved into Imgur and can the OP be updated with everything here? I will evaluate the thread after that.

The powers and abilities are fine. 4-B is extremely exaggerated given his general portrayals as physically stronger than Batman, but not much more than that.

4-B seems wrong, Blue Beetle is bizarre to scale off of anyhow since he's weirdly treated as a low tier sometimes for a 4-B, and minor yelps of pain could just be "everyone harms everyone". Kryptonian Robots, might as well start scaling people to Doombots next. If he has better feats, then maybe?

In regards to base Carol, her scaling was getting to the point she barely had antifeats in her modern key and had nothing in common with High 6-As, which is basically an extinct tier in Marvel nowadays. Booster Gold doesn't really have that...

P&A seem fine, but IMO just trapping someone in a forcefield is too mundane for Sealing

@Zark

Thank you for helping out. I appreciate it.

Is somebody willing to calculate the feat of Booster punching a steel robot into small pieces that I showed earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back