• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In celebration of the next Death Battle, I decided to give Booster a few touch-ups.

PHYSICAL FEATS:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bV67s7D1...JoI2DRmoujc/s1600-Ic42/blue-beetle-011-09.jpg - Punched out Blue Beetle

https://www.deviantart.com/users/ou...to/Comic/Booster-Gold-2007/Issue-0?id=36542#8 - Harms Extant (Extant was going to kill him through hax, not physical strength, and he tanked a punch from him and recovered immediately after)

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/VlYR87WS0...HKnCdHt4oI2I7fVF22n2IBli7kfXR3kBButFa8A=s1600 - Seemingly caused Doomsday to elicit a roar of pai

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...0.PhvkBH05dazj1F1HMN-nJ2ujcP-4Khu-Xdjep0yaALo - Overpowered Kryptonian Robots (Gotta love long-ass deviantart links)

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ZaZAC7w26...it4jHRp96R4wLj2SoUkPYjNmXuCOEl7RPi04RvZ=s1600 - Knocked out Maxima (Might be pre-crisis, I'm not sure)

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/rTu5_FmA3...wMCJh-cNFXslhHwl2hQRbXQCkCgjDnI98LXQAZU=s1600 - Dodged beams of light from Rainbow Ma

You can argue that he wouldn't scale without his suit, but that's like saying Hal Jordan doesn't scale physically to his lantern ring. It's kind of a foregone conclusion and doesn't really matter in terms of tiers. In terms of speed, he'd either be some type of Relativistic-FTL for dodging lasers or just MFTL+ for scaling to the heralds.

POWERS AND ABILITIES:

https://www.deviantart.com/bangjang96/art/Booster-Gold-Time-Travels-Into-DEATH-BATTLE-761468939 This guy made a really good bio, complete with scans detailing all his abilities. I'll go ahead and run down the list in a big P&A section.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Acrobatics (Shown to be very agile and flexible. was a sports star in high school), Martial Arts (Beat up a group of future cops without his suit. Beat up a the leader of the Criminal Organization 1000), Expert Marksma (Can hit small targets from a long distance away), Energy Manipulation (Can channel energy into blasts and punches with his gauntlets), Paralysis Inducement (His blasters are stated to be capable of stunning), Enhanced Senses (His visor can zoom in on distant objects), Forcefield Creation (His Forcefield belt generates a skintight shield to protect himthat can be applied to others), Sealing (Can contain others in forcefields), Attack Reflection (His shields can reflect projectiles), Flight (Can fly at high speeds with the Legion of Flight ring), Time Travel (Capable of traveling through time, as well as stopping it), Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Resisted the control of Maxwell Lord), Light Manipulation (His visor protects him from bright lights), Poison Manipulation (His forcefield filters out harmful gases)

That's all for that. As for his other form...

WAVERIDER:

Booster Gold once became the Waverider due to Time Paradox Shenanigans. Waverider doesn't have a page, so I'm not sure what his stats or powers are, but that should be noted.

First we're gonna need to properly source these scans to see if they're indeed Post-Crisis before applying anything to his profile

Booster Gold is hard to tier properly, given that he is physically supposed to be at best of a Batman level, but also has force blasts of unknown strength, and a Solar System level force field.

To clarify, Booster Gold has never been pre-crisis. He was created in 1986, a full year after the crisis, and so every scan you see of him is post-crisis and so on the table.

As for these scans in particular, the only one I can comment on is the Doomsday one. In that instance, Doomsday was specifically weakened and hadn't had as many adaptations I believe, though he should still be strong.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696052055860838522/696859147253055539/image0.jpg

Even then though, in his first fight with the proper Doomsday, he still managed to react quick enough to raise his forcefield in time to intercept Doomsday's punch, which is evidence for his speed scaling at least.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696052055860838522/696861713290625124/image0.jpg

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696052055860838522/696861713747935262/image1.jpg

He also has some other instances of taking herald level blows even without his forcefield, which I can post later I guess.

Booster is supposed to be a regular human athlete physically, i.e. weaker than the likes of Nightwing (Post-Crisis). He does have an extremely powerful force field, but tanking blows from Superman-level characters without it is even more of an outlier than when Batman does it.

What about his energy blasts? Since they come from equipment rather than physicality.

Like I said, Hal Jordan is a regular human athlete physically, but his ring boosts him to 4-B. I could settle for "9-A, 4-B with energy blasts".

I don't think that his blasts are powerful enough to harm Superman and the like.

I don't think that he should be anywhere near Superman level. He has consistently been portrayed as only somewhat powerful except for his force field. You will have to find feat of his own to calculate, or his tier will be Unknown in everything except for a Solar System level force field.

They seems fine to add.

Does he have any destructive feats with his blasts or strength that we can calculate?

Antvasima said:
They seems fine to add.
Does he have any destructive feats with his blasts or strength that we can calculate?
He's destroyed some robots before, but I doubt it would pass street level stuff.

I agree with the upgrades and Speedy. I see multiple scans and many people showing that Booster Gold can go up against heralds and has more than a few instances of it. However, Ant, You're kinda just saying "that's not right" without any proof or evidence behind it. Just giving general statements that he ISN'T on Herald level and is rather on Batman level, not even debunking the scans shown, just opposing them.

I will get behind this today, can the Deviantart links get moved to Imgur meanwhile?

I have read lots of appearances with Booster Gold, and he is generally treated as completely outclassed by Superman level entities with the exception of his force field, and has no high level energy output feats of his own. We need lots of consistency for a 4-B upgrade.

But there is a lot of consistency. I can understand thinking that he's portrayed as lesser but that doesn't mean he isn't comparable because these scans clearly show some level of comparability and consistency to his scaling to Superman level entities. This still doesn't entirely debunk the feats shown, because they are too abundant for them just be considered outliers or irrelevant to Booster's feats

There have currently been 7 scans posted of him seemingly contending with characters on that level, and... 0 scans going against him being on that level. Seems pretty consistent to me atm.

They are out of context outlier oddities and a consequence of the everybody can fight everybody standard of western superhero comicbooks. I have read most of his appearances in both JLA, Superman, and his own series, and he has never been treated as anywhere near a Superman level being in terms of raw power output.

Listing a few scans without reading all of his stories gets the entire context wrong, and listing Booster Gold of all people, a character barely above Batman (who probably has a lot more outliers of this variety than Booster has) as Solar System level would be ridiculously unreliable for anybody genuinely familiar with the character.

I am never going to allow a 4-B Booster Gold without much better consistency and evidence than what has been provided here. I could see him as High 8-C or so in terms of destructive power, but anything higher than that would be extremely unlikely.

If you want a tier for him, find some feats of his own to calculate.

If this is the case, then please explain the context. Calling them out-of-context without providing context doesn't debunk them, and claiming he's consistently Batman level without evidence doesn't either.

Additionally, define "better consistency and evidence". How many scans do we need exactly, if 7 isn't enough? What evidence would be "better", if you're always going to be able to call outlier, or claim they're out of context without justification? :/

Look, I handle 300-400 tasks here every single day to keep this community from falling apart into complete chaos and unreliability, so I don't have the time to check through hundreds of comicbooks just to find useful scans on top of that.

However, I have read several thousands of DC and Marvel comicbooks over the years, and do not completely lack a common sense, so given that Booster Gold has consistently never displayed any feats of his own anywhere near this scale, and is generally treated as a pushover in terms of raw power, I have to block attempts to severely exaggerate him, and make our page about him into a laughingstock, despite that I really like the character. That is part of my job in this wiki.

If you want to create a page for him, fine, although it would have unknown statistics except for his force field.

I'm sorry, I know it must be very frustrating and hard for you to have to deal with managing the Wiki but that still doesn't excuse the fact that in any debate, even in a middle school essay, evidence should very much be provided and taking someone's word is never a preferred option over showing actual proof. So until you can provide proper evidence and examples of your argument, The oppositions points still stand

@Amelia

Yes, it is just an excuse that I have worked over 20000 hours building up this community to several dozen times its original popularity, and am so ridiculously overworked that I barely get enough sleep. Of course.

I am tired of you taking any opportunity to demonise and attack me, given that I have consistently tried to treat you well despite your ongoing hostility towards me.

bro it ain't anybody else's fault but yours you ain't sleeping

trust me this wiki isn't going to die the minute you close your eyes

So...if you don't have a counter-argument because you're apparently too busy, just get someone else to review? There's really nothing stopping you from just taking some time out to look at it, either, and neither are you forced to overtax yourself.

What I mean is, if you're too overworked, why do you have to block well made arguments without putting in the effort?

Also, if you find any raw power feats for Booster Gold that remotely approach a Solar System level scale, I am obviously willing to listen, but going by my memory, he was always physically treated as a middleweight at best.

@Jugboy

That is not true. I take my responsibilities for this community extremely seriously, and it genuinely wouldn't have evolved beyond the dump that it was if I had not, nor would it be anywhere near s efficient if I stopped. I am definitely not asking for gratitude, but I draw the line at outright hostility as thanks for the effort.

Antvasima said:
@Jugboy

That is not true. I take my responsibilities for this community extremely seriously, and it genuinely wouldn't have evolved beyond the dump that it was if I had not, nor would it be anywhere near s efficient if I stopped. I am definitely not asking for gratitude, but I draw the line at outright hostility as thanks for the effort.
Okay so you just proved his point that you yourself are forcing it

Nobody said to stop, they said to get 8 hours of sleep and get back to it

not saying you gotta stop

but don't actually lose sleep over this

you gotta take care of yourself, not just this wiki

@Clockboxxer

Feel free to ask all of the people that I recommended if you wish. You can ask Hykuu as well, but as a longtime fan of Booster Gold, my memories of him as written by his creator Dan Jurgens do not at all match the portrayal that you are trying to give him, and I take the reliability of the wiki very seriously.

Anyway, I have dozens of other tasks lined up, so you should ask the others to help out further. Thanks.

I do see you not getting enough sleep as a problem and I'm sorry you feel overworked but this is still an excuse to justify your lack of evidence or showing scans, which is fine but not when you're trying to convince people that what you're saying is right. Despite your workload and such, That still doesn't excuse the fact you are working based off memory and these guys have provided scans and consistency. Either way, Thank you for listing other people to talk with about this and I do hope you get more rest.

I don't recall Carol Danvers ever busting a solar system, but she's rated as 4-B for consistently fighting heralds despite overall being weaker.

Remember, Ant, DC characters are 600 kilofoe at worst, and 3 GIGAfoe at best. Putting that into perspective, even only being 1/1000th of a herald's power would still be well into 4-B.

I do agree that it would be better for everyone if certain people in this thread would stop being hostile.

Well, Carol has a far greater consistency and scale of feats than Booster has, but ask the people that I mentioned to help out if you wish.

Carol's consistency may be greater but I do genuinely wanna know just exactly how many feats it will take because you never give a clear indication. 7 scans seems definitely consistent to me

Blue Beetle and Sxtant are not consistently treated as physically of a 4-B level.

Doomsday was not damaged, just moved due to being taken by surprise, and he does not weigh that much.

The Kryptonian robots were not anywhere near 4-B, and Booster was helpless before Zod himself.

Maxima seems like an outlier, or that we don't know the greater context.

Booster also has no consistent feats of anywhere near this scale in terms of raw energy output.

Again, I really like both the Dan Jurgens stories for Booster's own comicbook and the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League, but he really isn't treated as anywhere near this powerful almost ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back