• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boomer Shooter/New Blood Interactive discussion thread

Is Blood Fresh Supply good? It's on sale rn cause of Realms Deep and Blood always interested me, but I know it was pretty buggy in the past.

It was buggy at the start, but the devs have consistently released patches that fix a lot of the bugs and some other things. If you want to play Blood but without using BloodGDX or DOSBox imagine using that program in 2021 lmfao, then go for it.

Besides getting a sneak peek of the Wrath layer for ULTRAKILL, it looks like we are also getting an update for Unfortunate Spacemen and...
holy shit
its a ******* amid evil prequel hOLY FU

Last edited:
We could use that part of the ULTRAKILL preview to show how V1 can bounce a bullet between several coins, actually. I don't think that's new, right?

Also wow I can't believe New Blood is ripping off Among Us like that smh.

Played Blood and Amid Evil, Blood was amazing, definitely a candidate for my favorite shooter now- Didn't like AE quite as much but it was pretty good.

Nah I probably agree. Not only is it really fun but the atmosphere is top notch and Caleb is just really cool. It's either Ultrakill, Blood or Half-Life for me. Probably gonna work on a revision when I get back home

I was thinking, should we switch V1's picture to something less stylized? The current one is really cool but it doesn't really give you a great idea of what it actually looks like.

Also, I recently played Quake, since the remaster came out. I'd already played the older Steam version but I didn't really like it, idk why. I definitely underrated it back then but man that 4th episode is kinda stinky. Also I spent more time bugfixing than actually playing it thanks Bethesda

Yea, I guess that should be changed and it totally isnt the reason why its taking me so long to make the verse page or anything haha. I'll see if I can render that art of V1 dashing through a swarm of enemies.
the remaster
the what

oh yeah they just dropped a Quake remaster on like, every platform a few days ago. it's got new models (you can switch back to the old ones) which i really like, all expansion packs + a new one, online multiplayer and all. If you have the old Quake on Steam it's a free update.

OH, and a shambler-related achievement is called "A Close Shave", finally confirming Shamblers are fuzzy. Very important.

I don't think they're fuzzy, but I am very willing to believe they might enjoy that.

Just beat Dusk, damn that was really good. Might like it more than Ultrakill, actually, although Ultrakill isn't finished yet so it's not a fair comparison. But damn, I could gush about how well it's made for a half hour.

By the way, Shmooply, if you ever happen to be working on those profiles for Dusk Dude or the Champion, tell me, I wanna help out.

By far one of the most based threads there ever was.

I'll be keeping up with this as I am a very big fan of such shooters and may even be able to help. In particular, I know about DooM (Mostly only I and II, although I know a bit about the more recent ones), Blood, Dusk and ULTRAKILL.

There's also some indie games I know that are on this style.

Very different from the style of games mostly talked right now, it is way more similar to System Shock, but there's an indie game I ought to reccommend because it is great. Check out Delver if you guys like RPGs in a first person style similar to Doomlikes! It is a much slower and methodical game, as I said, and more similar to System Shock with the inventory management and slower nature of gameplay, but it is a very cool one that invites a lot of tactical thought and is beautifully animated.

They're looking really good!

Most characters of such games seem to orbit around Tier 9 to low 8, I've noticed. Most of fictional games, really, when I really think about it.

By far one of the most based threads there ever was.
cant believe you would just sweep the dwarf fortress thread under the rug SMH

Speaking of shooters made on the Build engine, I was shocked to find out that both versions of Lo Wang don't have profiles on the wiki. If I somehow find the time for it, I'll try to make a profile for his classic version, since I've yet to touch the remake despite owning it for who-knows-how-many-years.

cant believe you would just sweep the dwarf fortress thread under the rug SMH

Speaking of shooters made on the Build engine, I was shocked to find out that both versions of Lo Wang don't have profiles on the wiki. If I somehow find the time for it, I'll try to make a profile for his classic version, since I've yet to touch the remake despite owning it for who-knows-how-many-years.
ONE OF, not the most. The alcoholic, tantrum-fillled manchildren capable of decapitating bronze colossi with their own vomit are still on the top of the based ranking.

They're looking really good!

Most characters of such games seem to orbit around Tier 9 to low 8, I've noticed. Most of fictional games, really, when I really think about it.
Amid Evil has some vague-ish tier 4 to 2 stuff, not quite sure if it's applicable but it is there. But yeah, it's very difficult to have tier 7 or above stuff happen in gameplay unless you're playing as a really big character I guess, and usually these games are relatively light on lore.

I was thinking of playing that one next, if you don't mind I could keep an eye open for feats and maybe calculate one.

I was thinking of playing that one next, if you don't mind I could keep an eye open for feats and maybe calculate one.
It's a pretty good game, especially if you can bear Wang's stereotypical accent and the very cheesy jokes unless youre edgy like me and enjoy offensive stuff.
i hate reddit spacing i hate reddit spacing
As for the stuff that can be calced, Wang's rocket launcher can also fire nuclear warheads, and after searching for a bit and watching some vids, I think this one is good enough for a calc, but if that doesn't work, then there's also this random screencap I found, and this random video I found that shows off the explosions as well. The bosses of the game can tank the explosion, but not Lo Wang himself, sadly. However, he can also harm said bosses with his fists, and they can harm him back, so it's... kinda weird.

I began playing it, rn I think the level design is kinda annoying but I'm not too far in so that is subject to change. As for the rocket launcher the way I'd calculate it would be saving in a large empty area and then just calculating its max range by firing it at a wall and seeing how close I need to be to get hurt by it.

As for scaling that warhead, I'm not sure, guess I'll have to see, but generally scaling weaker weapons through bosses via gameplay ends up with silly results- I mean you can punch a cyberdemon to death back in the first Doom, but obviously that isn't material for scaling.

time to work on the lo wang profile and leave it unfinished just like the ultrakill verse page mWUAHAHAHAHAHA

Played and beat Shadow Warrior, I enjoyed it but not as much as Duke 3D or Blood, weapons and enemies were good but the levels were a bit too long for me (and wang is a little annoying most of the time imo)

So assuming Saiman's shockwave thread thingy passes through, wouldn't that mean V1 will lose its shockwave-creation ability? Since it creates it by slamming into the ground really hard.

Nah, it's still used for combat purposes so I think it counts

That looks awesome. It reminds me of FAITH.

Sigh, as soon as my economic situation settles a bit, I'll be getting a few shooters that this thread has illuminated me about-

saw this game on discord, looks cool

Yea, it looks cool, but... like...
I'm not the only one who's growing tired of playing video games where you play as a priest with a gun mowing down monsters in urban areas, right? I swear, more of these types of games have been popping up recently, I'm not going insane.

I'm not sure I can think of many that hit all those boxes, but there's definitely a lot that hit some lol

Back