• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuminati478

VS Battles
Retired
Recently in the manga, Kubo included a referance to the first Bleach movie "Memories Of Nobody", previously this movie was considered to be strictly non-canon, and does not fit into the main story line in any way.

However the recent reference might require us to re-think the movie's canonicity (or lack there of), the reference is about what is called the "Valley of Screams", a place that was first introduced in "Memories of Nobody", and wasn't mentioned or shown neither in the anime nor the manga after that untill recent chapters, its also important to mention that Ichigo apparently recalls being in the valley of screams, something he only did in the movie itself.

The reason that i am bringing this up is that; if the movie is to be considered as canon or partial canon material, it contains various aspects that would affect the status of the bleachverse (such as a comperison between soul society and earth, in terms of size as well as the dangai).

Needless to say, i am not the one who first thought of this, the movie was already accepted in the OBD as partial canon material, but as long as i won't get approval here, i cannot apply stats from the movie to the canon pages.

well, if this is partial canon, then yamamoto's suicide/overtime bankai explosion would be continent level, and almost any important character (and unimportant ones) would be MHS from the end of "The Agent of the Shinigami" arc, the OBD have already made calcs for this, it would also affect the distance between the Royal Realm and Soul Society, which in turn would upgrade Yhwach's and Aizen's feats by a large margin each...

doesn't really matters to me but yeah, though Aizen would've caught up to madara via pulling the Royal palace down regardless, at least as soon as i finish revisiting its size calculation...

Sorry about that that was me just typeing out loud TBH I actually don't care If bleach surpasses naruto Just that it gets a buff (cause I do like the seires)

I do wish to wait for Antvasima, Lord Kavpeny and other Admins and Moderators before jumping the gun...

well acourding to scaling from a frame in "Memories of Nobody", the direct route in from the living world to soul society through the Dangai is 20,964.42 kilometers long, both in the anime and Manga, ichigo's Group had to cross it in under 4 minutes, so we have distance and a time frame, which will end in 87351.75 m/s or mach 256.69....

Could you link to the scan in which Ichigo references the movie, as well as some OBD calculations based on this please?

However, if it does not fit in anywhere in the manga storyline, is it possible that events transpired differently off-page within the manga?

Ok so then then the all time bleach speed would change to mach 256.69 from literally the beginning of bleach right....

Then applying this most characters would be MHS...

Also applying this to the current arc we would have top tiers as Sub-Relativistic right since if a normal mach 256.69 character would take a week which is 604800 seconds to travel from the RP to the SS in accordance with Tenjiro's statement and since Yhwach crossed that distance in 6000 seconds which would make his speed 604800/6000 X 256.69 which is equal to Mach 25874.352.... Yep totally hope this gets accepted....

@ Antvasima: Here's the manga scan in which Ichigo references the Valley of Screams and states that he has once gone there. Also I believe they had to travel through the VOS to reach the Royal Palace so this does fit in the manga storyline.

Here's the calc which got Bankai Yama's Environmental DC to be 16 Petatons by applying the VOS to be partial canon. Here's the calc which got SS to be the same size as earth. It's the third or fourth calc in it btw.

I could look for more if you want.

@ Antvasima Give me two hours on this, as i need to go now...basically on chapter 623 to 628 but i will get back to you with links later, as for the events of the movie transpiring off-page, well i don't believe we can find a time for it, but maybe between soul society Arc and the beginning of the Arrancar arc, but i don't believe its a good fit either.

Also, perhaps I am blind, but I cannot find any mention of a "Valley of Screams" in chapter 627?

Edit: Sorry. I saw it. It seems legitimate.

007 (1)
Seriously Dude

This is page seven, I believe, from chapter 627. And here Ichigo most definitely says "I've entered the Valley of Screams once before". Also you're not blind but that was really mean.

Edit: No worries.

Yeah, I edited in that I saw it. Anyway, I have messaged the other admins and moderators, so now we just have to wait for input.

Btw: How was I being mean?

Agreed with @A6colute

It's only a very minor reference, it probably doesn't imply the entire movie is within the continuity because of it. If they referred it more than once, or kept going into the subject, then perhaps I would change my opinion on the matter.

@TD No, I was just lacking attention when I first skimmed through the chapter.

@Sheoth Okay. That makes sense.

just because a movie is a movie doesn't make it non-canon, also the "Especially HST movies" is a mean generalization, also one referance should be enough to make the movie, or at least its setting and overall universe to be canon, especially if its a place that was only mentioned in the movie and Ichigo have only been there in that movie, no other time in the Manga was the Valley of Screams mentioned or shown, and since we've been following Ichigo throughout the entire series, we know were he has been to and where he hasn't, and he hasn't been into the Valley of Screams in the manga, only in "Memories of Nobody" he had been there...

Well I defintiely see your point, and while what you're saying could be true, there is also the likelihood that Kubo was just pitching a subtle reference towards one of his movies. And it was only briefly referenced to a specific locatio

If they, say the Buu saga of DBZ, reference the South Galaxy, that doesn't automatically make the Broly movies Canon. Now if they said, "Remember when Broly destroyed the South Galaxy?" it would be grounds for something much bigger.

If in that Bleach chapter they said, "Remember [Movie Villians Name]'s evil shceme in the Valley of Screams?" Then it would be much more credible and likely to believe.

Remember this is all opinio based

but the example you gave is parallelled to what happand here, ichigo basically said that he had been in the Valley of Screams, something that only happand in the movie itself, just like Broly destroying the Galaxy only happend in the movie.

Also, DBZ's southern galaxy (or southern quadrent of the galaxy) was mentioned in the DBZ manga before the movie came out, while the Valley of screams was first introduced in the movie and have been made canon just now.

That's true (and stupid of me to forget...). But honestly, the point I meant to make was that simply referring to could only be a minor reference (or a cameo for lack of a better word) towards the film.

That's really all I have left to say, with it only being my opinion.

However you do make a convincing argument...

Also apparently the calcer made a bit of a calculus error, the distance of the dangai according to his scaling is 7761.9 kilometers which would translate to mach 95 to early Soul Society Arc characters, Byakuya in his "using his hands" bankai mode is twice as fast (mach 190), and any character stronger or faster then him is massively hypersonic via powerscaling pre skip, and far faster post skip

I am still uncertain. I would like to hear what more of the other administrators and moderators think?

I have highlighted the thread, so we can get more input.

This is very similar to Bardock: Father of Goku, which was never confirmed to have taken place but everything about Bardock's canon appearances is based off of. This is a far more direct reference than Father of Goku however, at the very least the movie happened in broad strokes because nothing about that scene implies that we're supposed to think Ichigo went to the Valley off-screen, it's definitely a reference to the events of the movie.

I think that we should consider the events canon but things like the animation and audio should be viewed the same as they were before.

Actually if the movie is canon, we should pay attention to everything about it including visuales and soundtracks if need be, since ignoring it would be like ignoring any other canon scan...

But the fact the story points of the movie took place doesn't necessarily make the movie itself canon, a good reference for canon? yes, but so are databooks, etc. I suppose you are right, the movie shouldn't be viewed in the same light that it was before, but it definitely shouldn't be viewed on the same level as the manga like, for example, Battle of the Gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back