• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

The singular scene of the star expending out after hitting Renji's sword would quite literally be reflection unless Renji's sword has a special ability of reflecting attacks off of it. We see each point in the star expanding and reflecting back. It is on you to prove that Mask's beam somehow expands into the shape of a star always. From what we are shown the most logical assumption is that the beam was shaped like a perfect star. This is confirmed when we see the hole in the captain's chest which is shaped exactly like the one on Mask's head. The light expands and reflects out after hitting Renji's sword.

I believe your claim here was that the energy output to vaporize something with light would inadvertently burn the atmosphere and have AOE effects?
If this is the case then this is an AOE fallacy as pointed out by @AnonymousBlank somewhere in this thread.
Mask could just have been controlling his energy to limit it to a certain point and he even used the case of dragon ball character's ki control to prove the point. To add on this is you again nitpicking and dwelving too much into physics. Using this logic as I pointed out before mftl should'nt even be a tier since it is impossible according to physics.

A surface being reflective doesnt mean its a "special ability". heck sometimes such surfaces dont even properly reflect
optics - Why can't a surface reflect 100% of light? - Physics Stack Exchange

It increased in size from its usual shape, in a 2d format stretching out. that's an expansion effect.

You want to argue aoe fallacy for a beam of light? I dont stand by that. This isnt an ap thing er are discussing, we are discussing speed

Again list of of anti feats:
Not reflecting (Art argument is pointless because has drawn reflection before Yu1P6nU_d.webp (640×960) (imgur.com))
The sound effect
Heat absorption (the smoke) means the light was absorbed on the surface as heat, which means it would not reflect anyways
Not travelling at a constant speed given the vaporization effect

I think Damage was told of the scaling from before and agreed with it, but now that some of the most knowledgeable members are either gone or don’t use this site as often, he’s gonna completely butcher bleach like he wants. I mean, I’m pretty sure he single handily wrecked one piece so I’m not surprised.

You’re being so specific that ANY verse and ANY feat with a light beam calc will be denied and it’s blowing my mind right now. Next you’re gonna say well since the lightning bolt in that picture didn’t come down at this specific angle and hit this specific spot proves it’s not real lightning. Also the sound effects aren’t the real sound of lightning and it didn’t burn the person like it should’ve.
I would appreciate if you stop with insults and banter. You started this thread with derails and clearly havent stopped

I’m fully convinced this is being done because Cyber doesn’t like bleach being at ftl, so he’s pulling out all this cooorful information to get it debunked.

sorry man, but it’s hard not to get mad at you when you want everything to be so specific that mask should’ve given us a detailed explanation himself on why his beam is light.

All the smoke point proves is that the beam itself has heat. The blast went straight through the captain, and his wound was smoking. Mask’s head is smoking afterwards, that doesn’t prove or disprove anything.

Is there anything you don't have a problem with, that's literally every time I see you in a thread.
Sorry that the verse requires so much fixing.
I think Damage was told of the scaling from before and agreed with it, but now that some of the most knowledgeable members are either gone or don’t use this site as often, he’s gonna completely butcher bleach like he wants. I mean, I’m pretty sure he single handily wrecked one piece so I’m not surprised.
I don't care what you think whatsoever.

I’m fully convinced this is being done because Cyber doesn’t like bleach being at ftl, so he’s pulling out all this cooorful information to get it debunked.
I literally stated in a earlier post, i have no issue with mftl if it is from a viable feat

if we want to apply physics here on fiction, Albert Einstwin disagrees with the ratings from FTL to infinite and he surely understands physics far more than any human being on this site, so I'm asking to remove the mftl ratings because physics don't accept such a thing

@Cyber, and a viable feat for you is having literally everything be at your standards and not the sites standards and Damage lol you know it’s true man, you’re version of “accuracy” is lowball everything as low as it can possibly go and I’m sure a lot of people would agree with me on that. Hell if you weren’t a calc member and staff member I’m sure your opinion would get disregarded like many non staff members opinions are.

if we want to apply physics here on fiction, Albert Einstwin disagrees with the ratings from FTL to infinite and he surely understands physics far more than any human being on this site, so I'm asking to remove the mftl ratings because physics don't accept such a thing
Not my issue the site has standards regarding light speed. My dude, you have to appeal to physics in the first place to say light in a fictional medium is equal to irl in speed. A few exceptions like one piece exist. Bleach doesnt have a "these attacks are stated to be light speed"

Welp there you have it, I can’t think of another verse that has a specific,” this is traveling at the speed of light which is 299,000,000 ms”or something like that.

also
Screenshot_20201105-171613.png

The verse literally acknowledges physics

@Dangai, Damage doesn’t fix verses per day imo, literally every calc he’s done for bleach so far has somehow been massively downgraded when I’m pretty sure he also accepted some of them in the past. It honestly scares me with how much power he holds on this wiki.

@Cuber, I think after this thread you should make a discussion rule on what being light is, cause apparently you know more than every single person on this site about it.

and I’m not ******** on anyone, I’m just telling it like it is. Sorry if you can’t accept it hurts.

It's really a snowball effect though. The universal bleach is already going away, so right after that there is a downgrade for speed? Not the best of actions to do though.

The beam itself has heat. Mask's head literally is seen smoking after using it, which makes no sense if it's just "absorbing the heat".
A machine firing a laser can smoke at release due to heat

The issue is arguing reflection AND heat absorption on a surface. Both cant happen as depicted in the scene

It's really a snowball effect though. The universal bleach is already going away, so right after that there is a downgrade for speed? Not the best of actions to do though.
Perhaps timing seems odd, but i've wanted to do this for a while. Waited till my prior crts were finished first. I want to establish two things

1. im ok with mftl if the feats/calc are viable

2. i tried salvaging uni bleach at one point. got ignored

I have no "downgrade mentality" or whatever regarding the verse

I dont see the relevant point?
Photons hitting photons dont create explosions or impact. If it has mass its not traveling at light speed. Very basic science
Light can’t cut or harm people either. Guess we have to remove all FL beams of light attacks from all verses now. Who is making the thread?

It is not a repeat as I have brought up new points that have not been addressed in that prior one. I'm pretty sure the mods like akm and damage wish for it to be open since they've been active in discussion more so damage
Okay. Noted.

Anyway, the toxic comments directed towards Damage3245 need to stop. He is just trying to do his job of making the wiki more reliable.

Back