• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

ALL MATTER creates curvature in space-time. The thing is that it generally requires a lot of mass-energy in one place for that curvature to be noticeable or significant. Gravitational lensing is used in astronomy because of how massive celestial bodies are, from stars to black holes to galaxies.

Just applying E=MC^2 tells all one needs to know about why your specific argument can't work. The curvature caused by 9x10^16 Joules worth of light concentrated in a certain volume is the same as 1 kg of matter within the same volume; 1 ton = 9 x 10^19 Joules; 1000 Tons = 9 x 10^22 Joules, and so on.

Not to mention that any curvature of space-time caused by mass-energy in real life follows the Speed of Causality. If you were to suddenly remove the Sun from the centre of the Solar System, it'd still take 8 minutes for Earth to stop moving along its orbital path and start moving in a straight line. In other words, any curvature of space-time that "persists" even though the energy causing it has already been scattered to the wind i.e. there is no continual source of energy keeping the space warped, is purely for "rule of cool's" sake, thus unquantifiable.

--------------------------

Then there is the fact that no Cero in Bleach has never behaved in any way like natural light. Cero and other spiritual energy-based attacks almost always physically clash with one another in the common Beam-O-War scenario, whereas natural light beams would just pass through each other unimpeded.

Ceros and other reiryoku-based attacks, like Getsuga Tenshou and Quincy reishi arrows, are consistently shown to have a tangible mass to them. They can be physically halted and stopped; they can be redirected by hand; they can be "shattered" and dissipated. The exact opposite of "intangible", as you've tried to claim before.
that's irrelevant to the op please let's stay to the main points

Just gonna say again this point of reflection is pointless. Admins and Calc group agreed the attack was reflected by the sword already. OP is trying to make the feat hyper realistic which isn’t a requirement at all.

The only thing that matters for reflection is that the object doesn’t have a trait that would allow it to reflect such as Nanao. As long as the light reflects off said object it counts.

ALL MATTER creates curvature in space-time. The thing is that it generally requires a lot of mass-energy in one place for that curvature to be noticeable or significant. Gravitational lensing is used in astronomy because of how massive celestial bodies are, from stars to black holes to galaxies.

Just applying E=MC^2 tells all one needs to know about why your specific argument can't work. The curvature caused by 9x10^16 Joules worth of light concentrated in a certain volume is the same as 1 kg of matter within the same volume; 1 ton = 9 x 10^19 Joules; 1000 Tons = 9 x 10^22 Joules, and so on.

Not to mention that any curvature of space-time caused by mass-energy in real life follows the Speed of Causality. If you were to suddenly remove the Sun from the centre of the Solar System, it'd still take 8 minutes for Earth to stop moving along its orbital path and start moving in a straight line. In other words, any curvature of space-time that "persists" even though the energy causing it has already been scattered to the wind i.e. there is no continual source of energy keeping the space warped, is purely for "rule of cool's" sake, thus unquantifiable.

--------------------------

Then there is the fact that no Cero in Bleach has never behaved in any way like natural light. Cero and other spiritual energy-based attacks almost always physically clash with one another in the common Beam-O-War scenario, whereas natural light beams would just pass through each other unimpeded.

Ceros and other reiryoku-based attacks, like Getsuga Tenshou and Quincy reishi arrows, are consistently shown to have a tangible mass to them. They can be physically halted and stopped; they can be redirected by hand; they can be "shattered" and dissipated. The exact opposite of "intangible", as you've tried to claim before.
I already have passed High School, no need for a online class

Just gonna say again this point of reflection is pointless. Admins and Calc group agreed the attack was reflected by the sword already. OP is trying to make the feat hyper realistic which isn’t a requirement at all.

The only thing that matters for reflection is that the object doesn’t have a trait that would allow it to reflect such as Nanao. As long as the light reflects off said object it counts.
It was accepted in the prior crt.

Like i said stuff can be accepted by mods but then disagreed upon later. The pokemon meteor calc for example or recent development with bleach ap

One of the arguments you present here, "it does not reflect correctly, it should be reflected like this" is not necessary for the wiki

My last comment on this subject is that if you have problems with heat and reflection, open a crt for the light requirements page and place what you said on that page. otherwise this is the speed of light according to wiki rules

those are literally not the main conditions. read the actual page. they dont prove light speed
They don't need to be. You should read the actual page instead. It is clearly mentioned:

This is not a full list of qualities that can qualify/disqualify a feat as a "true laser/light beam"

And Mask's beam is not stated or implied to be made of spiritual matter, making it the same as natural light. Quincies are shown to absorb reishi when they use it for their atks yet Mask's isnt. Plus it matches with more than one you brought up. Sooo......
has to be any of these:
  • The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at at a realistic source of light, such as a camera

I honestly feel this drawing refraction part is incredibly arbitrary, they are two different lights/lasers that come from different sources and angels, of course they are designed differently.

Might I ask what's up with the amount of scrutiny here?

Firstly, attempting to say that since the Light isn't 100% like light in the real world that automatically makes the beam not LS. This is a manga, a mangaka cannot be expect to draw everything with 100% scientific accuracy. Not to mention the OP is specifically hellbent on the sound effects argument, and if we're being honest this isn't something that only applies to Title Kubo but Mangaka in general. As I said previously, a Mangaka not drawing something with 100% scientific accuracy is not a reason to downgrade the speeds. Delta's eye beams destroy shit on a Molecular level and have notable bends to them, yet are still accepted as LS, hell even the best example of lightspeed in the HST being the character Kizaru from One Piece doesn't have light that's 100% following real life psychics.

This thread is just a laughingstock if I'm to be succinct. The beam is called light in both RAWs and offical English releases, produces heat just like light would, travels in a straight line like how light would (the shape is a star but that's irrelevant given that it's still straight and doesn't bend.), is luminous like real light and can be reflected like Real light.

Also are we using Renji interaction with the beam as an anti feat? Like really? The guy who has NPI, along with literally 99% of the verse is being questioned for interacting with a beam of light despite having NPI?

Might I ask what's up with the amount of scrutiny here?

Firstly, attempting to say that since the Light isn't 100% like light in the real world that automatically makes the beam not LS. This is a manga, a mangaka cannot be expect to draw everything with 100% scientific accuracy. Not to mention the OP is specifically hellbent on the sound effects argument, and if we're being honest this isn't something that only applies to Title Kubo but Mangaka in general. As I said previously, a Mangaka not drawing something with 100% scientific accuracy is not a reason to downgrade the speeds. Delta's eye beams destroy shit on a Molecular level and have notable bends to them, yet are still accepted as LS, hell even the best example of lightspeed in the HST being the character Kizaru from One Piece doesn't have light that's 100% following real life psychics.

This thread is just a laughingstock if I'm to be succinct. The beam is called light in both RAWs and offical English releases, produces heat just like light would, travels in a straight line like how light would (the shape is a star but that's irrelevant given that it's still straight and doesn't bend.), is luminous like real light and can be reflected like Real light.

Also are we using Renji interaction with the beam as an anti feat? Like really? The guy who has NPI, along with literally 99% of the verse is being questioned for interacting with a beam of light despite having NPI?
renji's issue is mainly sound, though that might not be an issue anymore.

Ive discussed everything else, case in point is reflection

anyway, wokistan might send some calc members to check regarding the reflection issue. whatever they decide, I will abide with

It was reflected, the sound is a non issue. This isn't something you can argue against when we're shown that the beam was deflected and or redirected.

This is a manga, of course the beam of light is going to have some sort of mass behind it otherwise it wouldn't be capable of damaging foes. Kizaru from One Piece does the same thing and I'm positive you wouldn't detest his light being legitimate.

correction to a prior post of mine, wok would like me to open a board for discussion on reflection standards. calc team will then be pinged im assuming

so basically this crt is now on hold
wont be able till tonight

Dude, “devoid of reishi”, where the hell are you getting this from? This goes against the concept of how Quincies fight entirely. Either way, the SS has a sun, made of Reishi. Light made of Reishi is entirely possible.
Everything outside of world of the living is made of pure reishi even light, yes

Back