• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

Not really
notice jugram goes at four angles
specular reflection

For mask, your comparison would work if it started as the center piece, then branched out, but we know it started as a star, then changed shape a bit
Thats more so diffusion, though as I have stated prior, it doesnt follow that
no? its literally the same my friend, just because it didn't reflect in 4 angles doesn't mean that it didn't reflect

I get your point, but just because Kubo made it there doesn't mean that every time a reflection will happen we will see it that way or it won't be a real reflection, I don't think this should be used as a main argument to be honest but let's talk about it
when Mask fired his light beam attack, we know that its always been in star shape, but when it hits the sword what happened? it literally reflecteit in the same way the arrow reflected on jugrams sword
My issue is more its in the same arc, with the timing not being too far a part. I would agree somewhat if the two were say.. soul society arc and war arc. something like that

“Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be”

Masks laser moving straight can be used as supporting evidence

My issue is more its in the same arc, with the timing not being too far a part. I would agree somewhat if the two were say.. soul society arc and war arc. something like that
They are different colored beams from different sources. Of course they look different

has to be any of these:
  • The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
Reflects, check
Called light, check
Goes on a straight line, check
Burns instead of exploding, check

Also:
"Lasers/light beams are only accepted as real if they meet, at a minimum, a few of these criteria"

no? its literally the same my friend, just because it didn't reflect in 4 angles doesn't mean that it didn't reflect
7f14bab0c6b7b5e0fc9314cb59a350e8.jpg

This diagram will serve as a basis for my point. We agree zabimaru isnt flat, correct? In the case of the star its called diffusion. light exposed to a rigid surface. The issue is the star doesnt follow that. The star seemingly expands out flat style then fades. keep in mind both times it used, the beam is several meters. It should look more like jugram's example.

That's an argument from incredulity

Not to mention this renji is not the same as the one that got stomped

This renji went and trained on the soul kings palace by squad 0 and has no anti-feats

Reflects, check
Called light, check
Goes on a straight line, check
Burns instead of exploding, check

Also:
"Lasers/light beams are only accepted as real if they meet, at a minimum, a few of these criteria"
toaa, as stated by damage and akm, as well as other admins ive seen on the site, those are just non anti feats. it has to be 2 of the primary five conditions

That's an argument from incredulity

Not to mention this renji is not the same as the one that got stomped

This renji went and trained on the soul kings palace by squad 0 and has no anti-feats
i dont think you guys understood this part. Im referring to kubo's depiction of what reflection is and the time frame. nothing else

small Segway. Something got brought up and being flooded with responses might have made me miss this. Why would renji moving make his blade "clank", if that is before the "swoosh" as Arc said

It does not write anything special for reflection, it says whether I am wrong or how it should be reflected in the wiki rules, it should only be reflected

Is literaly on the page

Also 1 admin and they are not god nor perfect as all humans they can be wrong too.
"Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria. "

"3"..
Huh
only 2 are on the table
It meets one, and the other is being debated

Anyway
I have to dip for a bit, got to babysit

Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

It is shown at different speeds in the same material
It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans
They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above)
success has none of these

The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera

has 3 of these criteria

so I asked Arc to translate the beam part and he said :
"英雄の光線で悪党は死ぬがよい -> The hero's light ray is sufficient enough to kill the villain."
"like the kanji for beam/light ray is specifically talking about light"

Light creates the gravity that bends the space. Is called science, study it.
ALL MATTER creates curvature in space-time. The thing is that it generally requires a lot of mass-energy in one place for that curvature to be noticeable or significant. Gravitational lensing is used in astronomy because of how massive celestial bodies are, from stars to black holes to galaxies.

Just applying E=MC^2 tells all one needs to know about why your specific argument can't work. The curvature caused by 9x10^16 Joules worth of light concentrated in a certain volume is the same as 1 kg of matter within the same volume; 1 ton = 9 x 10^19 Joules; 1000 Tons = 9 x 10^22 Joules, and so on.

Not to mention that any curvature of space-time caused by mass-energy in real life follows the Speed of Causality. If you were to suddenly remove the Sun from the centre of the Solar System, it'd still take 8 minutes for Earth to stop moving along its orbital path and start moving in a straight line. In other words, any curvature of space-time that "persists" even though the energy causing it has already been scattered to the wind i.e. there is no continual source of energy keeping the space warped, is purely for "rule of cool's" sake, thus unquantifiable.

--------------------------

Then there is the fact that no Cero in Bleach has never behaved in any way like natural light. Cero and other spiritual energy-based attacks almost always physically clash with one another in the common Beam-O-War scenario, whereas natural light beams would just pass through each other unimpeded.

Ceros and other reiryoku-based attacks, like Getsuga Tenshou and Quincy reishi arrows, are consistently shown to have a tangible mass to them. They can be physically halted and stopped; they can be redirected by hand; they can be "shattered" and dissipated. The exact opposite of "intangible", as you've tried to claim before.

Back