• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Possible Upgrade for Barragan, Starrk and Ulquiorra

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the conclusions here so far?
It seems there are people against and people for it.
I wrote what I think it would be right to do or even just evaluate in my last answer to Arc7Kuroi and I would like to hear his (and also yours) opinions, because besides the necessary addition of missing abilitirs in the AP section of different characters, ignore some similar statements without even carefully evaluating them would not be fair.

The bolded. I already answered it.

"4. Grimmjow lose to the likes of (Dictionary - "Likes: used with reference to a person or thing of the same kind as another." Text comprehension - In the context is most likely referred to their level of power) of Aizen OR Barragan. I prevent you from twist my words once again. Please, dont' say I'm saying Barragan and Aizen are equal. With basic text comprehension skill, it's easy understand here that Grimmjow would lose on being on the level of Barragan OR on the level of Aizen."
Nothing I wrote implied that I suggested you claimed anything I never once acknowledged your interpretation so it’s impossible that I attempted misconstrue your interpretation “ once again”….. you completely lost me there nor am I saying barragon and aizen are equal me saying the comparison is questionable doesn’t suggest that

This literally doesn't make Barragan = Aizen and absolutely doesn't treat them as equal. If you understood this from the scans, then you probably misunderstood the meaning of the scan itself since nobody puts Aizen and Barragan on the same level.

The bolded. It actually was specified that he got stronger through that method. There are also two factors that enhance what is written: 1. Going to review Grimmjow's past, the Adjuchas who later became Fracciones of Grimmjow, said that they stopped growing, not that Grimmjow stopped, admitting that in fact they will consider Grimmjow as their King also because his evolution hadn't stopped there; 2. As the case of Nnoitra demonstrates, the Espada could move up and become stronger, climbing the previous ranking established by Aizen. Logically, they couldn't become stronger by doing nothing, but much more likely they would become through training or making use of methods such as hollow devouring.
Actually the context behind his past is ultimately saying it’s more than the devouring of hollows, “deeper” was used suggesting the evolution from adjuhas to vasto is inherent or destined
I never contested the notion that espadas don’t move up or grow in power literally no one is arguing against that more so saying the increase wouldn’t be significant enough eclipse the top 4 basically the espada below the top 4 couldn’t reach those levels by devouring thousands of hollows or training they could be destined to be forever below those espada which was implied by the adjuhas in grimmjow’s past.

what do you make of starrk depowering himself , splitting his soul because he didn’t wanna be alone the lore doesn’t suggest starrk was devouring hollows though he still remained #1

Actually I don't have this valid scaling of FB Ichigo > Dangai Ichigo, indeed I would be very curious to see it since FB Ichigo has not fought with beings of the level of "God" Aizen (> Trascendent > Post Chrysalis > Chrysalis, the latter is a form already powerful enough to the point Isshin can't feel his reiatsu. Dangai Ichigo is powerful enough to the point Aizen can't feel his reiatsu), unless here we want to admit that FB Ichigo ~ Quilge Opie > "God" Aizen, which would be a lot of fun to see demonstrated using feats and relevant statements.
So, Grimmjow fought with Ginjou on par for a while before being interrupted, which put Ginjou ~ CFYOW Grimmjow. And then, Barragan is stated to be equal to (weakened) Ikomikidomoe, who's > CFYOW Grimmjow.
Dangai ichigo is just ichigo training for several months it’s literally nothing special vs Fb who was training and also amped by all of the captains

being able to sense someone’s spiritual pressure shouldn’t be a reliable scaling tool tatsuki was able to sense “ god” aizen’s spiritual pressure and inou being able to sense sk yhwach none of that means you’re objectively relative

what do you make of starrk depowering himself , splitting his soul because he didn’t wanna be alone the lore doesn’t suggest starrk was devouring hollows though he still remained #1
What you wrote here literally does not make sense, so I will ignore it, since it is neither related to eating hollow, nor is it related to becoming more powerful by doing it. It's just something you decided to write there at random.
Actually the context behind his past is ultimately saying it’s more than the devouring of hollows, “deeper” was used suggesting the evolution from adjuhas to vasto is inherent or destined
I never contested the notion that espadas don’t move up or grow in power literally no one is arguing against that more so saying the increase wouldn’t be significant enough eclipse the top 4 basically the espada below the top 4 couldn’t reach those levels by devouring thousands of hollows or training they could be destined to be forever below those espada which was implied by the adjuhas in grimmjow’s past.
What you wrote here denotes poor knowledge of Bleach and is totally unrelated to what I said. In Grimmjow's past we find that he can continue to grow in power, regardless of his transformation from Adjuchas to Vasto Lorde. Because, you know, how to say... there are Adjuchas more powerful than the Vasto Lorde. Ask Prime Ikomikidomoe.
So, what you wrote, basically not only is totally wrong, moreover it contradicts what is said about Grimmjow's growth in power as well as being contrary to the evidence of his CFYOW version fights individuals that belong to a tier with which a Grimmjow High 6 -B could not compete.
Dangai ichigo is just ichigo training for several months it’s literally nothing special vs Fb who was training and also amped by all of the captains
Poor knowledge of Bleach once again. Dangai Ichigo is not just training for 3 months, I invite you to re-read Bleach if that's what you understand. Dangai Ichigo is Ichigo accepting the blade of the two sides of Zangetsu to gain a power out of the ordinary. By accepting his zanpakuto, it merged with Ichigo himself (his hand). It took three months because Ichigo only realized after three months that instead of fighting Tensa Zangetsu, he should simply have accepted it.
being able to sense someone’s spiritual pressure shouldn’t be a reliable scaling tool tatsuki was able to sense “ god” aizen’s spiritual pressure
This is the culmination of Bleach's lack of knowledge and I invite you once again to re-read the chapters of the final battle between Ichigo and Aizen. Aizen stated expressly, specifically and bluntly, that the "inferior beings" were able to perceive his reiatsu only because he reduced it to such a point that they could perceive it.

Can somebody write an easy to understand neutral explanation of both sides of the arguments above, so I can ask some staff members who are interested in Bleach to comment here again, please?

I summarize here a series of points that I believe it is necessary to include in the profiles of the different characters treated.

1. Ulquiorra. Regardless of whether he can scale from Grimmjow in CFYOW, which I understand in the way you explained it (since I didn't know how Ulquiorra's own tier was decided here), it is missing a key component in his profile: Lanza del Relampago. As I have said multiple times, that ability certainly showed feats that far exceed the combined feats and statements of GRC and CO. So it is, at a minimum, due to insert in its AP section, as the last term of its attack potency: "higher with Lanza del Relampago" or, much more likely, "far higher with Lanza del Relampago".
  2. Barragan. Regardless of whether you implicitly include in Barragan's possible superiority the use of a technique that has never been mentioned in three volumes of light novels, what has been mentioned is Barragan's spiritual power, on a par with that of Ikomikidomoe and, moreover, I also have a statement from Hikone which refers to him/herself as an equal in strength to Ikomikidomoe itself. This leads only to one conclusion: it is Barragan's spiritual power that is on par with that of Ikomikidomoe and, consequently, superior to that of Grimmjow. So, I think that here too it would have a lot of sense to re-evaluate Barragan's tier itself, or at least make a specific reference to the fact that it is possibly superior to CFYOW Grimmjow. This could mean, add in his AP section, which basically determines his tier: "At least High 6-A, stated to have the same spiritual power of Ikomikidomoe" or "Possibly High 6-A, stated to have the same spiritual power of Ikomikidomoe". And, to be honest, I don't see how this can mess up the whole scaling chain.
  3. Starrk. Here the speech is much simpler. In Aizen's ranking, Starrk is simply defined as having a higher reiryoku than Barragan's. So, if Barragan has a spiritual power equal to that of Ikomikidomoe (remember that it is a weakened version of him and not Prime Iko) and superior to that of CFYOW Grimmjow, then Starrk who has a spiritual power superior to that of Barragan, consequently has a spiritual power higher than that of CFYOW Grimmjow. Therefore, it is more than legitimate to rewrite its AP section with the words: "At least High 6-A, via scaling from Barragan" or "Possibily High 6-A, via scaling from Barragan".
This is what I am asking in simple terms.

Okay, and can somebody summarise the other side's arguments as well please?

Sorry for the ping dude. I know you busy irl.
This is where we run into a bit of a contradiction: CFYOW Grimmjow < Espada 2 < Espada 0 ~ AA Byakuya < LAA Byakuya ~ Tsukishima ~ CFYOW Grimmjow (Tsukishima was only able to knick Grimmjow's hierro). Which brings me to the nature of Baraggan's ability, pure hax. Baraggan's respira works by aging, slowing down, and weakening everything it gets in contact with. This would make it so, as long as the AP gap isn't large enough where you reiatsu negg his Respira, he would be able to fight opponents far above his weight class.

This draws another conclusion that arises from an alternative interpretation of Ikomikidomoe's statement. Baraggan would not beat CFYOW Grimmjow because he has more AP, but rather Baraggan would beat CFYOW Grimmjow because unlike Aizen (which CFYOW goes out of their way to mention) CFYOW Grimmjow doesn't have the vast amount of reiatsu capable of negging Respira.

Simply put, Baraggan is not an AP fighter, never has been. Furthermore, we can just deduce that CFYOW Grimmjow doesn't have the vast "Aizen" levels of reiatsu capable of negging Respira, therefore Baraggan would still win (due to hax) against an opponent with more AP than him.

I think for the moment, it's best not to default to beating a character inherently meaning having more AP, and additionally Tsukishima's scaling in the manga contradicts this being an AP thing (manga takes precedence over novels as far as sources go).

Forgive me if I tread on already discussed grounds, but I don't have the time to read y'all's walls of text. Regardless, I have to disagree with all of the OPs proposals.
Arc sums up the opposing arguments best in this part of his post above. He addressed other things in his post but the OP dropped them from his summary so I snipped those parts out.

On the OP’s summary about including Lanza in Ulq’s AP, I think there was a reason we didn’t include it back when we went over the Arrancar Saga scaling in the most recent CRT for that stuff. Imma go reread that thread just to make sure tho and post back here if I find anything.

Thank you. I will ask some staff members again then.

Nothing I wrote implied that I suggested you claimed anything I never once acknowledged your interpretation so it’s impossible that I attempted misconstrue your interpretation “ once again”….. you completely lost me there nor am I saying barragon and aizen are equal me saying the comparison is questionable doesn’t suggest that

being able to sense someone’s spiritual pressure shouldn’t be a reliable scaling tool tatsuki was able to sense “ god” aizen’s spiritual pressure and inou being able to sense sk yhwach none of that means you’re objectively relative
Yeah let me put a stop to this dog shit fb scaling. It doesnt work. "Dangai ichigo is just ichigo training for several months it’s literally nothing special vs Fb who was training and also amped by all of the captains" if you were to use this scaling. Keep in mind it would go like this fb ichigo~tsukishina~LAA byakuya<Post royal guard byakuya~v2 gerard~cfyow byakuya~tokinada<<<ryujin jakka yamamoto. Whos weaker than fourth fusion aizen who transcends all shinigami and hollow in power. Which would be a inherent contradiction. The scale Doesnt work.

No, they shouldn't be upgraded, in fact I don't see the quote as Iko talking about power really and more along the lines of age.

Iko belittles Grimmjow in that line calling him a young arrancar where Barragan and Iko are extremely predating millenia where they are more knowledgeable on the history of the world (the Soul King and Soul Palace for instance).

Besides, it took Yamamoto and Ichibei to defeat Iko, Barragan would've lost to the likes of Shunsui alone, Yama would've been overkill if he fought Barragan.

Yeah let me put a stop to this dog shit fb scaling. It doesnt work. "Dangai ichigo is just ichigo training for several months it’s literally nothing special vs Fb who was training and also amped by all of the captains" if you were to use this scaling. Keep in mind it would go like this fb ichigo~tsukishina~LAA byakuya<Post royal guard byakuya~v2 gerard~cfyow byakuya~tokinada<<<ryujin jakka yamamoto. Whos weaker than fourth fusion aizen who transcends all shinigami and hollow in power. Which would be a inherent contradiction. The scale Doesnt work.
My intention is not to derail this thread. I didn’t present an actual argument regarding FB> Dangai, nor do I desire to do so on this thread. That’s not the entirety of my argument, or the concept itself please keep that mind.

The main issue with your “ counter argument’s scaling chain, is you believe the ichigo that fought tsukishima before chapter 460 , before the gotei 13 restored his power. is somewhat relative to himself after that fact why?
Tsukishima doesn’t scale to Fb ichigo upon that chapter. Neither does byakuya, your scaling chain is already invalid. Tsukishima has literally no interaction with this version of Fb ichigo. Who’s power was so immense, ginjo didn’t even recognize it clearly not the same level of power.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I still strongly disagree with this (I won't tag to avoid disturbing people who might be busy) as only reason to reject what a wrote "This is where we run into a bit of a contradiction: CFYOW Grimmjow < Espada 2 < Espada 0 ~ AA Byakuya < LAA Byakuya ~ Tsukishima ~ CFYOW Grimmjow" for a variety of reasons, which I'll try to explain later summing up as best I can (university lessions keep me too busy right now).

Besides, it took Yamamoto and Ichibei to defeat Iko, Barragan would've lost to the likes of Shunsui alone, Yama would've been overkill if he fought Barragan.
What you're trying to say here is simply wrong for two reasons: 1. "He tried to scale the skies to attempt to consume the Reio, but as result of the battle with Soul Reapers such as Shigekuni Yamamoto, who was still a youthful hero at the time, he was defeated at the hands of the Manako Osho and Oh-Etsu Nimaiya". (Sorry if I don't attach, right now I am quicker to copy and paste). Here they're talking about a Prime Ikomikidomoe, who's stronger by far than the Iko who is fighting right now with Grimmjow and companions, since this Iko doesn't even own his real name and is still sealed in a zanpakuto, due to the defeat "at the hands of Oh-Etsu and Ichibei"; 2. The confrontation is obviously taking place between the current Ikomikidomoe (far weaker than Prime) and Barragan, since Grimmjow knows Barragan's reiatsu and could not have the slightest idea of Prime Ikomikidomoe's level of reiatsu, but only of the current Iko, the one in front of him.

And I have repeated multiple times here we are talking about Barragan equal to Current Ikomikidomoe, no one has referred to Prime Ikomikidomoe.

No, they shouldn't be upgraded, in fact I don't see the quote as Iko talking about power really and more along the lines of age.

Iko belittles Grimmjow in that line calling him a young arrancar where Barragan and Iko are extremely predating millenia where they are more knowledgeable on the history of the world (the Soul King and Soul Palace for instance).

So what, if anything, should we do here then?

Once again I will avoid tagging, in such a way as not to send notifications to those who are currently busy so as not to disturb them, but I would like Arc, Anonymous and the everyone else who have declared their opposition based on the contradiction generated in the scaling chain by Byakuya/Tsukishima to read what I am about to write.

This "This is where we run into a bit of a contradiction: CFYOW Grimmjow < Espada 2 < Espada 0 ~ AA Byakuya < LAA Byakuya ~ Tsukishima ~ CFYOW Grimmjow" can be highly argued to be incorrect.

The right way to write it would be: CFYOW Grimmjow < Espada 2 < Espada 1 < Espada 0 ~ AA Byakuya < LAA Byakuya ~ 17 months training Tsukishima (> Tsukishima who fought Fullbring Ichigo ~< CFYOW Tsukishima (assuming he trained/improved his Fullbring in the 6 months between TYBW and CFYOW, and it seems so (read below) ~ CFYOW Grimmjow).

Why am I writing this? Because going back to the Fullbring Arc, it is clear how Tsukishima explains to Byakuya that by entering his past he was able to train for 17 months alongside Byakuya (I attach the most significant scan in which he specifies that he has improved to the same extent that Byakuya has improved during the timeskip).

In the next chapter, Ginjou explains to Ichigo, speaking of the death Tsukishima was going to face, that when a Fullbringer dies, everything that was done through his abilities disappears. What happens then? After his death, Book of the End's effect ceased, with the consequence that Tsukishima was never in Byakuya's past, so he never trained for 17 months alongside him and, consequently, the Tsukishima strong enough to face LAA Byakuya went back to his original level, the one who scales from Fullbring Ichigo.

So how do you get to CFYOW Tsukishima? Quite simply, as can be deduced from some events in the light novels, Tsukishima has somehow improved the ability of his Fullbring during the 6 month timeskip between TYBW and CFYOW (such as it is possible to understand when Tsukishima realizes that Mayuri is in a fictional body that does not have a past just looking at him and not by piercing him with Book of the End. Mayuri itself is amazed in that occasion.)

This bring to another conclusion which basically nullifies every contradiction: Tsukishima improved to the point he can (very barely) face Base CFYOW Grimmjow, but not as strong as he were during his 17 months training form against LAA Byakuya.

Another key point that everyone just ignored and, on the contrary, would make complete Arc's scaling chain contradictory in itself is Halibel.
Halibel did not train during the timeskip and there is absolutely no reference to any kind of improvement. Everything regarding this matter could be only just a huge assumption with zero basis. Yet, she faces and scales directly from Hikone, the same way as Grimmjow. This, not considering what I wrote in my main topic, and what was rejected by many, would be contradictory in itself. Why?

Because the we would have this scaling chain: AA Halibel ~ TYBW Halibel ~ CFYOW Halibel ~ CFYOW Grimmjow > Espada 2/Espada 1/Espada 0 > AA Halibel. Having an AA Halibel at the same time weaker and stronger than Espada 2/1/0 would be a contradiction that, considering what I wrote above, would disappear.

So, in the light of what I have just written, I invite you once again to re-evaluate almost everything (almost, since I accepted Ulquiorra's tier explanation, even If I received zero explanations to the absence of Lanza in his AP section) because, in fact, at least personally I cannot see a more consistent way of seeing things than this and, certainly, a writer like Narita does not it is stupid enough to create similar contradictions.

Thank you in advance if you'll take the time to read this message.

Last edited:
Few things,

Ulquiorra has no scaling to CFYOW Grimmjow. The scaling would go as follows based on what you provided: CFYOW Grimmjow < Barragan < Starrk < Res Yammy. We currently, scale SE Ulquiorra in his own bubble, as that is the best way to scale him due to vagueness and contentions surrounding how SE scales within the other Espada.

Yeah honestly not many people scale to Barragan, except for Soifon's Bankai which as no anti-feats or scaling to other characters anyway, so Barragan doesn't cause any issues.

For Starrk I don't think it causes any issues either. He scales to Shunsui, Shunsui scales with Lille, Vollstandig Robert Acutrone (we dont even have a profile for Colonel Sanders here), Tokinada (Tokinada literally shat own so many CFYOW captain tier fighters at once so checks out), (Byakuya and Yoruichi are stated to have similar reiatsu levels to Tokinada which is fine, they don't have any contradictory scaling in CFYOW cuz they barely do anything), then there's people like Aura, Ginjo, Hikone, blah blah top tiers to borderline god tiers who scale far above Grimmjow anyhow. So, this seems fine and has no contradictions with Starrk either.

You say a lot of things with Ulquiorra and Yammy that blatantly go against a lot of what we accept and common sense. Frankly you touch on a lot of things that should have their own CRT (Yammy doesnt scale above the top 3, GRC < CO, Ulq scales above CFYOW Grimmjow).

Yammy is the strongest Espada, it's affirmed by Ichigo, it's repeated several times in the databooks, and is narratively consistent with how the Espada work. Him getting jobbed by Kenpachi and Byakuya doesn't mean much outside Kenny and Byakuya being that strong. I hate to be that guy, but there's literally no new evidence (nor do I ever think we will get any) to suggest Yammy isn't the strongest Espada.

Regarding Ulquiorra, not only is he never brought up in CFYOW, idk why you bring up his Arrancar Arc feats either. The Ulq section felt entirely unrelated to this thread. Furthermore, it's only stated CFYOW Grimmjow would lose to Espada ranked 2 (or higher), so there is literally 0 connection to Ulq in CFYOW. Regarding Segunda Etapa tho, that scales in a vacuum as its only feats are being stronger than Ulq's Res, but getting shit stomped by Full Hollow Ichigo. Also, due to the ambiguity of whether SE Ulq still follows the standard Espada power ranking (Aizen maybe didn't know about, but Ulq claimed that beating him doesn't gaurantee victory against the top 3, etc etc) it's been decided that the best course of action is just to scale him above his Res self and any DC feats he has.

Also, you're new so obviously you're unaware of this, but we just had a Gran Rey Cero thread where it was unanimously agreed upon that GRC is the strongest cero (making it above Cero Oscuras). The argument of "but why didn't they use it tho" isn't a valid argument. We know all Res Espada can fire "black ceros" (Cero Oscuras) but literally no one but Ulq does. Additionally, Grimmjow is the only Espada to fire a Gran Rey Cero in the manga. Like Yamamoto said he and the entire Gotei 13 were prepared to die fighting Aizen, but Yama didn't even whip out Bankai. Characters aren't obligated to use their strongest techniques all the time. Also, if you must have a possible answer for why Ulq doesn't use GRC allow me to supply a couple: we see with Grimmjow GRC has a decent charge time so maybe that wasn't worth it, also Lanza is seemingly SE Ulq's strongest attack which he can spam without cutting himself so why bother with GRC, also prior to Ichigo using Full Hollow Ulq was bullying him effortless aka no need to use GRC. I can go down the rabbit hole of characters not using the entire arsenal, I mean look at Naruto and Sasuke in Boruto lately, Naruto just spams regular rasengan and Sasuke just spams teleportation, it's not uncommon for characters to not make full use of their arsenal. However, we aren't making an exception for Ulq's CO scaling above his GRC for some random reason.

This is where we run into a bit of a contradiction: CFYOW Grimmjow < Espada 2 < Espada 0 ~ AA Byakuya < LAA Byakuya ~ Tsukishima ~ CFYOW Grimmjow (Tsukishima was only able to knick Grimmjow's hierro). Which brings me to the nature of Baraggan's ability, pure hax. Baraggan's respira works by aging, slowing down, and weakening everything it gets in contact with. This would make it so, as long as the AP gap isn't large enough where you reiatsu negg his Respira, he would be able to fight opponents far above his weight class.

This draws another conclusion that arises from an alternative interpretation of Ikomikidomoe's statement. Baraggan would not beat CFYOW Grimmjow because he has more AP, but rather Baraggan would beat CFYOW Grimmjow because unlike Aizen (which CFYOW goes out of their way to mention) CFYOW Grimmjow doesn't have the vast amount of reiatsu capable of negging Respira.

Simply put, Baraggan is not an AP fighter, never has been. Furthermore, we can just deduce that CFYOW Grimmjow doesn't have the vast "Aizen" levels of reiatsu capable of negging Respira, therefore Baraggan would still win (due to hax) against an opponent with more AP than him.

I think for the moment, it's best not to default to beating a character inherently meaning having more AP, and additionally Tsukishima's scaling in the manga contradicts this being an AP thing (manga takes precedence over novels as far as sources go).

Forgive me if I tread on already discussed grounds, but I don't have the time to read y'all's walls of text. Regardless, I have to disagree with all of the OPs proposals.
I have avoided tagging you because I have read in messages from others that you are very busy at the moment and I am sorry to bother you. I would like you to read the last comment I wrote because I believe that the whole point on which your refusal revolves (and practically everyone else who shares your thoughts), that is the incompatibility between Tsukishima and the scaling chain, is actually a point that does not exist. And removed that point from which the thought of Barragan-Hax more than Barragan-SP is created, I see no other reason from your part to reject the thread. Not, at least, in what you wrote in which you seem to agree in different parts.

I apologize again to bother you when you're busy.

Byakuya, Quilge and Rose still exist and that’s all that’s needed for the scaling chain.
  1. Byakuya said that As Nodt (Mask too) was not an opponent he could beat without Bankai. This means As Nodt is comparable to base Byakuya who took blows from either Kenpachi or Yammy (doesn’t matter which) so As Nodt’s AP and dura scales to Yammy’s AP > Starrk etc. Grimm killed Vollstandig Askin > Auswhalen Askin > base Askin > all other Sternritter.
  2. Mask at the time of said statement is the same one (or weaker) who gets bodied by Kensei and Rose, cue lots of cheers, Star Satsujin, true power etc < Schutzstaffel scaling.
  3. Base Grimm one shot base Ayon Quilge who Urahara was worried about just after taking a single arrow to his back.
  4. Base Rose could fight Rez Starrk but couldn’t kill base Nanana despite trying to, insert Schutzstaffel > all other Sternritter.
Tsukishima isn’t needed to scale Grimm above Barragan.

Byakuya, Quilge and Rose still exist and that’s all that’s needed for the scaling chain.
  1. Byakuya said that As Nodt (Mask too) was not an opponent he could beat without Bankai. This means As Nodt is comparable to base Byakuya who took blows from either Kenpachi or Yammy (doesn’t matter which) so As Nodt’s AP and dura scales to Yammy’s AP > Starrk etc. Grimm killed Vollstandig Askin > Auswhalen Askin > base Askin > all other Sternritter.
  2. Mask at the time of said statement is the same one (or weaker) who gets bodied by Kensei and Rose, cue lots of cheers, Star Satsujin, true power etc < Schutzstaffel scaling.
  3. Base Grimm one shot base Ayon Quilge who Urahara was worried about just after taking a single arrow to his back.
  4. Base Rose could fight Rez Starrk but couldn’t kill base Nanana despite trying to, insert Schutzstaffel > all other Sternritter.
Tsukishima isn’t needed to scale Grimm above Barragan.
Grimmjow doesn't scale to vollstandig askin. He off guarded him. Grimmjow was even stated to still be weaker than base aizen. V2 gerard~<CfyowByakuya~tokinada<<<ryujin jakka yama~base aizen~kisuke~vollstandig askin

Byakuya said that As Nodt (Mask too) was not an opponent he could beat without Bankai. This means As Nodt is comparable to base Byakuya who took blows from either Kenpachi or Yammy (doesn’t matter which) so As Nodt’s AP and dura scales to Yammy’s AP > Starrk etc.
Wrong for multiple reasons: Base Byakuya attacked Yammy with Sokatsui and failed to damage him in the least (Yammy durability> Base Byakuya Sokatsui AP); Byakuya has never attacked Yammy with the Shikai; Byakuya in Bankai injured Yammy; Byakuya wounded As Nodt in Shikai, regardless of whether he was unable to defeat him without using Bankai, he wounded his hand in multiple places. This automatically places Yammy durability > As Nodt durability because you have no evidence to establish that Byakuya in Shikai would have been able to damage Yammy. To establish As Nodt AP during the first invasion, please tell me when he landed a single hit on Byakuya without using the stolen Bankai. So, evidences on hand, right now Yammy > As Nodt AP/Durability during the first invasion.
Grimm killed Vollstandig Askin > Auswhalen Askin > base Askin > all other Sternritter.
Writing this is like trying to make fun of me.
Up until a moment ago, you people were talking about hax-based fighters and now we're going to consider this? And above all especially Askin? Here is the scaling chain that is created following what you just wrote: Resurrection Grimmjow > Vollstanding Askin > Auswhalen Askin > Base Askin > True Shikai Ichigo ≈ Base Grimmjow ≈ All other Sternritters. I don't even need to write down how valid this point you wrote is.
Mask at the time of said statement
This is simply wrong because the "said statement" did not prove anything correct.
Base Grimm one shot base Ayon Quilge who Urahara was worried about just after taking a single arrow to his back.
Ayon Quilge Opie himself who:
  • stated he cannot do literally anything against Ichigo without stealing his Bankai;
  • stated was strongly overtaken by Ichigo to the point of having to request reinforcements;
  • was pierced from side to side by a beam from a "worried" Kisuke Base, not even in Shikai;
  • has no comparison with the other Sternritter, since everyone's ability shown after him has far better feats.
Base Rose could fight Rez Starrk but couldn’t kill base Nanana despite trying to, insert Schutzstaffel > all other Sternritter.
This is rather nonsense. It would be more correct to write: Shikai Rose who could fight Resurrection Starrk and could fight NaNaNa, same Rose who couldn't kill both of them.

Last edited:
Wrong for multiple reasons: Base Byakuya attacked Yammy with Sokatsui and failed to damage him in the least (Yammy durability> Base Byakuya Sokatsui AP); Byakuya has never attacked Yammy with the Shikai; Byakuya in Bankai injured Yammy; Byakuya wounded As Nodt in Shikai, regardless of whether he was unable to defeat him without using Bankai, he wounded his hand in multiple places. This automatically places Yammy durability > As Nodt durability
For someone who likes to act like they know Bleach, you don’t seem to realise that Yammy’s dura > his AP. As having less dura than Yammy doesn’t stop him from being comparable in AP.
because you have no evidence to establish that Byakuya in Shikai would have been able to damage Yammy. To establish As Nodt AP during the first invasion, please tell me when he landed a single hit on Byakuya without using the stolen Bankai. So, evidences on hand, right now Yammy > As Nodt AP/Durability during the first invasion.
Byakuya returned from HM more injured than when we last saw him which means he either got damaged by Yammy or he got damaged by Kenpachi, either way he can take hits from Yammy’s AP. As Nodt is comparable to Byakuya and Byakuya blatantly says that As isn’t someone he can beat without using Bankai.
Writing this is like trying to make fun of me.
Up until a moment ago, you people were talking about hax-based fighters and now we're going to consider this? And above all especially Askin? Here is the scaling chain that is created following what you just wrote: Resurrection Grimmjow > Vollstanding Askin > Auswhalen Askin > Base Askin > True Shikai Ichigo ≈ Base Grimmjow ≈ All other Sternritters. I don't even need to write down how valid this point you wrote is.
Nice strawman. I didn’t say half of that bullshit. Askin isn’t > True Shikai at all. That was a majorly held back Ichigo who got slightly pressured by 8 Sternritter and was negged by hax. Grimm literally shanked Vollstandig Askin who is > non SS Ritters.
This is simply wrong because the "said statement" did not prove anything correct.
So we just don’t accept Byakuya as a valid source of information? Aight. So we dismiss Grimm and Iki’s statements too then. Let’s just close the thread since you disagree with your own reasoning and nobody else agrees with it.
Ayon Quilge Opie himself who:
  • stated he cannot do literally anything against Ichigo without stealing his Bankai;
And? Why is FB Bankai Ichigo limited by anything here? This is the same Ichigo who manhandled a Ritter no diff, prompted the Wandenreich to invade Seireitei because Ichigo was busy for 3 minutes, manage to do something to Yhwach, and even after expelling a load of his power in the Garganta, still had Byakuya believing Ichigo could stop a bunch of Quincy that are running around with Bankai (including Kageyoshi) and murdered Yama.
  • stated was strongly overtaken by Ichigo to the point of having to request reinforcements;
It’s like you missed the part where Ichigo > Kisuke. Kisuke literally said that he can’t just go into a fight like theirs.

Absolutely nothing limits Ichigo so I dunno why you bring him up as if it’s an antifeat.
  • was pierced from side to side by a beam from a "worried" Kisuke Base, not even in Shikai;
That Kisuke wasn’t worried and Quilge was temporarily downed by Kisuke but was still able to fight. Grimm one shot him while Kisuke was worrying about Quilge.
  • has no comparison with the other Sternritter, since everyone's ability shown after him has far better feats.
“Better feats”

Riiiigggghhhtt. Cuz the rest of them harmed Kisuke. Your statement is objectively false.
This is rather nonsense. It would be more correct to write: Shikai Rose who could fight Resurrection Starrk and could fight NaNaNa, same Rose who couldn't kill both of them.
His Shikai doesn’t amp his AP so it’s the same thing as his base. Point is that Nanana is comparable to Rez Starrk which means Grimm who is stronger than him is stronger than Barragan.
Grimmjow doesn't scale to vollstandig askin. He off guarded him. Grimmjow was even stated to still be weaker than base aizen. V2 gerard~<CfyowByakuya~tokinada<<<ryujin jakka yama~base aizen~kisuke~vollstandig askin
How on Earth can Rez Grimm not scale to Askin when he is the one responsible for killing him? Jumping him from behind is irrelevant when Askin was on guard for Kisuke meaning his stats wouldn’t have been lowered in anyway. Also, Askin doesn’t scale Aizen in physicals, no clue where you got that cap from.

you don’t seem to realise that Yammy’s dura > his AP.
Wow. Strange statement, since in this wiki I see Yammy AP at Multi-Continental and higher with CO and GRC while his Durability caps at Large Country+. Which is even more strange when you think about the fact that in the databooks, seen on which it seems legitimate to trust, Yammy's AP stated the highest, while his Hierro is second only to that of Nnoitra.
As Nodt is comparable to Byakuya and Byakuya blatantly says that As isn’t someone he can beat without using Bankai.
Still fossilized on this one. It doesn't matter if Byakuya says "He's not someone I can beat without using the Bankai", since he just injured him using just the Shikai. Can't beat him, but ehy, think about it, beat =/= hurt even considerably, am I right?
Askin isn’t > True Shikai at all. That was a majorly held back Ichigo who got slightly pressured by 8 Sternritter and was negged by hax. Grimm literally shanked Vollstandig Askin who is > non SS Ritters.
You're literally placing Askin > Stern and the rest of that terrible scaling chain, based on feats from a hax that casually knocked Ichigo to the ground TS Ichigo (same that happened to Grimmjow). If you consider Grimmjow scale on Askin (who comes from low ranks of the Sterns, who knows why?) because of what Askin has shown through the TYBW, then that antics above is exactly what you are saying.
So we just don’t accept Byakuya as a valid source of information? Aight. So we dismiss Grimm and Iki’s statements too then. Let’s just close the thread since you disagree with your own reasoning and nobody else agrees with it.
The bolded is just another ridiculous comeback. From when saying Byakuya needs Bankai to defeat an enemy is more valid for scaling than Byakuya himself injury that same enemy using just Shikai?

The not bolded is just stupid and against what there is written in this page about to "try to revise something concerning fiction by discussing". There are people who approve, just as there are people who have only read Arc's comments and based on that, without even remembering/knowing what happens between Tsukishima and Byakuya in that scaling chain. AND continuing to ignore once again what I wrote about Halibel.

This way it seems a bit almost as if certain contradictions, those that are convenient, are acceptable.
That Kisuke wasn’t worried and Quilge was temporarily downed by Kisuke but was still able to fight. Grimm one shot him while Kisuke was worrying about Quilge.
I don't know if you realize how senseless this is. The Quilge Opie that Kisuke in Base blasted through is the same Quilge Opie who "worried" Kisuke, no power ups, nothing at all. I don't see how this could affect Grimmjow's scaling, since Quilge was only taking Ls the whole time, not even showing up that noteworthy. Both have gone through Quilge's durability, and that's what matters. And if a large wound wasn't fatal, but cutting in half was, it's irrelevant since both AP > Quilge Durability and let's face it, it doesn't take long to be ~ Base Kisuke.
“Better feats”

Riiiigggghhhtt. Cuz the rest of them harmed Kisuke. Your statement is objectively false.
Better feats, since taking Ls from anyone, two of which in their very base forms, is definitely < beating Capitans all over the Seireitei. Or do we want to assume that Base Kisuke > Every Captain who have been clapped? Many of those Sterns are truly low ranks and have done a lot more than Quilge did.
Point is that Nanana is comparable to Rez Starrk which means Grimm who is stronger than him is stronger than Barragan.
The real point is that Rose was defeated by both of them, zero difficulty against Starrk, unknown difficulty against NaNaNa, since it was an offscreen fight. Which makes it difficult to understand the dynamics of a fight that you are taking on and, given the nature of NaNaNa's Schrift, he could have defeated Rose even though he was in a lower tier than Rose and consequently weaker than Starrk, Barragan and CFYOW Grimmjow. Or now the "hax-based fighters" do not make you more comfortable and therefore not used?

Once again I will avoid tagging, in such a way as not to send notifications to those who are currently busy so as not to disturb them, but I would like Arc, Anonymous and the everyone else who have declared their opposition based on the contradiction generated in the scaling chain by Byakuya/Tsukishima to read what I am about to write.

This "This is where we run into a bit of a contradiction: CFYOW Grimmjow < Espada 2 < Espada 0 ~ AA Byakuya < LAA Byakuya ~ Tsukishima ~ CFYOW Grimmjow" can be highly argued to be incorrect.

The right way to write it would be: CFYOW Grimmjow < Espada 2 < Espada 1 < Espada 0 ~ AA Byakuya < LAA Byakuya ~ 17 months training Tsukishima (> Tsukishima who fought Fullbring Ichigo ~< CFYOW Tsukishima (assuming he trained/improved his Fullbring in the 6 months between TYBW and CFYOW, and it seems so (read below) ~ CFYOW Grimmjow).

Why am I writing this? Because going back to the Fullbring Arc, it is clear how Tsukishima explains to Byakuya that by entering his past he was able to train for 17 months alongside Byakuya (I attach the most significant scan in which he specifies that he has improved to the same extent that Byakuya has improved during the timeskip).

In the next chapter, Ginjou explains to Ichigo, speaking of the death Tsukishima was going to face, that when a Fullbringer dies, everything that was done through his abilities disappears. What happens then? After his death, Book of the End's effect ceased, with the consequence that Tsukishima was never in Byakuya's past, so he never trained for 17 months alongside him and, consequently, the Tsukishima strong enough to face LAA Byakuya went back to his original level, the one who scales from Fullbring Ichigo.

So how do you get to CFYOW Tsukishima? Quite simply, as can be deduced from some events in the light novels, Tsukishima has somehow improved the ability of his Fullbring during the 6 month timeskip between TYBW and CFYOW (such as it is possible to understand when Tsukishima realizes that Mayuri is in a fictional body that does not have a past just looking at him and not by piercing him with Book of the End. Mayuri itself is amazed in that occasion.)

This bring to another conclusion which basically nullifies every contradiction: Tsukishima improved to the point he can (very barely) face Base CFYOW Grimmjow, but not as strong as he were during his 17 months training form against LAA Byakuya.

Another key point that everyone just ignored and, on the contrary, would make complete Arc's scaling chain contradictory in itself is Halibel.
Halibel did not train during the timeskip and there is absolutely no reference to any kind of improvement. Everything regarding this matter could be only just a huge assumption with zero basis. Yet, she faces and scales directly from Hikone, the same way as Grimmjow. This, not considering what I wrote in my main topic, and what was rejected by many, would be contradictory in itself. Why?

Because the we would have this scaling chain: AA Halibel ~ TYBW Halibel ~ CFYOW Halibel ~ CFYOW Grimmjow > Espada 2/Espada 1/Espada 0 > AA Halibel. Having an AA Halibel at the same time weaker and stronger than Espada 2/1/0 would be a contradiction that, considering what I wrote above, would disappear.

So, in the light of what I have just written, I invite you once again to re-evaluate almost everything (almost, since I accepted Ulquiorra's tier explanation, even If I received zero explanations to the absence of Lanza in his AP section) because, in fact, at least personally I cannot see a more consistent way of seeing things than this and, certainly, a writer like Narita does not it is stupid enough to create similar contradictions.

Thank you in advance if you'll take the time to read this message.

very interesting thread and hella hard for just some people.

I disagreed with the op and agreed with Arc7Kuroi's comment, but after reading this and re-reading those tshikishima and ginjo panels I had honestly forgotten, I've to agree with the upgrade

it seems very, very consistent

Wow. Strange statement, since in this wiki I see Yammy AP at Multi-Continental and higher with CO and GRC while his Durability caps at Large Country+.
Right, go get the scan of Yammy using those on Byakuya or Kenny. You should learn to not take statements hyper literally and ignore the context of them. Who knew you have state things that are common sense?
Which is even more strange when you think about the fact that in the databooks, seen on which it seems legitimate to trust, Yammy's AP stated the highest, while his Hierro is second only to that of Nnoitra.
None of this matters. Why do you just keep saying things that have nothing to do with the CRT?
Still fossilized on this one. It doesn't matter if Byakuya says "He's not someone I can beat without using the Bankai", since he just injured him using just the Shikai. Can't beat him, but ehy, think about it, beat =/= hurt even considerably, am I right?
And SS Ichigo can hurt Byakuya but he still lost. Harming someone doesn’t equate to being able to beat them.
You're literally placing Askin > Stern and the rest of that terrible scaling chain, based on feats from a hax that casually knocked Ichigo to the ground TS Ichigo (same that happened to Grimmjow). If you consider Grimmjow scale on Askin (who comes from low ranks of the Sterns, who knows why?) because of what Askin has shown through the TYBW, then that antics above is exactly what you are saying.
What do you mean I am placing Askin. That’s his scaling. The SS are all stronger than every other Sternritter besides Gremmy. It takes them being amped by Auswhalen to even put this in contention.
The bolded is just another ridiculous comeback. From when saying Byakuya needs Bankai to defeat an enemy is more valid for scaling than Byakuya himself injury that same enemy using just Shikai?
Yep. You have no clue how fighting works at all. By your logic, if I bruise Mirko Crocop, I can now beat him.
The not bolded is just stupid and against what there is written in this page about to "try to revise something concerning fiction by discussing".
I am using the same logic as you tho? You want to dismiss Byakuya’s statement that contradicts your scaling so I am dismissing the statements you use that “contradict” mine. (They don’t actually contradict my scaling, you just think they do)
There are people who approve, just as there are people who have only read Arc's comments and based on that, without even remembering/knowing what happens between Tsukishima and Byakuya in that scaling chain. AND continuing to ignore once again what I wrote about Halibel.
And I already explained that any increase in power Harribel gets can easily explained by Zenkai.
This way it seems a bit almost as if certain contradictions, those that are convenient, are acceptable.
Except that there aren’t contradictions? Not in my scaling anyway.
I don't know if you realize how senseless this is. The Quilge Opie that Kisuke in Base blasted through is the same Quilge Opie who "worried" Kisuke, no power ups, nothing at all. I don't see how this could affect Grimmjow's scaling, since Quilge was only taking Ls the whole time, not even showing up that noteworthy. Both have gone through Quilge's durability, and that's what matters. And if a large wound wasn't fatal, but cutting in half was, it's irrelevant since both AP > Quilge Durability and let's face it, it doesn't take long to be ~ Base Kisuke.
Kisuke also shot through base Aizen. You also gonna tell me that Aizen isn’t a threat to Kisuke or would make him worry in a straight fight?
Better feats, since taking Ls from anyone, two of which in their very base forms, is definitely < beating Capitans all over the Seireitei. Or do we want to assume that Base Kisuke > Every Captain who have been clapped? Many of those Sterns are truly low ranks and have done a lot more than Quilge did.
Taking Ls to who? Ichigo who has no scaling to anyone besides Quilge whose only feats involve Kisuke not wanting to fight him, getting harmed by Kisuke, harming Kisuke, dying to Grimmjow (whose only other feat is killing an SS), and surviving Ayon (who took an L to Yama …. that’s it). Nothing Quilge has done is an antifeat whereas everyone in SS thought the fight was as good as won when they heard Ichigo was coming.

Ichigo > basically every Sternritter in the first invasion with the exceptions of Royd, Jugo and Askin.
The real point is that Rose was defeated by both of them, zero difficulty against Starrk, unknown difficulty against NaNaNa, since it was an offscreen fight.
Except that Starrk didn’t defeat Rose. Love and Rose were caught in a bunch of the wolves’ explosions and came out of it with a few burns still ready to fight before Shunsui jumped Starrk and they decided to sit out the fight. Or did you forget they were basically fine when Aizen decided to solo the Visoreds and Gotei in FKT.
Which makes it difficult to understand the dynamics of a fight that you are taking on and, given the nature of NaNaNa's Schrift, he could have defeated Rose even though he was in a lower tier than Rose
And Underbelly’s effectiveness is based on the length of time he analyses reiatsu and, more importantly, paralyses them. Rose never got paralysed and was completely unharmed by the end of the fight which means Nanana matched him in a fight and this scales to Rez Starrk.
and consequently weaker than Starrk, Barragan and CFYOW Grimmjow. Or now the "hax-based fighters" do not make you more comfortable and therefore not used?
No clue what you are even trying to imply here. All of the hax based fighters brought up in this thread either only used their hax or don’t use them. Askin spammed Deathdealing, Nanana never used Underbelly, and Barragan spams Respira as if he is Ichigo using GT.

Why do you just keep saying things that have nothing to do with the CRT?
Seriously? All of these are arguments that YOU brought up here, only to prove yourself right with unrelated and rather senseless arguments.

And SS Ichigo can hurt Byakuya but he still lost. Harming someone doesn’t equate to being able to beat them.
And SS Ichigo, since he can easily harm Byakuya, scales relative to him. Lost doesn't equate to not being able to scale relative to them.
Yep. You have no clue how fighting works at all. By your logic, if I bruise Mirko Crocop, I can now beat him.
Tell me how beating someone can be the only way to be relative with someone. Are you saying that since he hurt him and not beat him then it is not relative to him? Strange, because according to basic scaling, this shows that Shikai Byakuya already has enough AP to overcome As Nodt's Durability.

So you contradict Arc's comment, have you thought about it? You're doing everything you can to get this thread down just because you don't want to agree with it. Following your (obtuse) logic, since Tsukishima only slightly hurt Grimmjow, then he cannot beat him, then he cannot be relative to him and then the whole contradiction (which I have already explained why it does not exist) would not exist anyway.

But at least read what I write? I doubt.
And I already explained that any increase in power Harribel gets can easily explained by Zenkai.
Except that there aren’t contradictions? Not in my scaling anyway.
No. Literally no. Besides the fact that no Halibel's power boost was ever mentioned during three volumes of novels (which I invite you to re-read), you are using an easy loophole to try once again to prove yourself right. When Urahara explains to Ichigo about "Zenkai", Urahara explains how a Konpaku in mortal danger increases her spiritual power. Yes, very good. This explains how Ichigo switched to Konpaku with almost zero spiritual energy that he can hardly breathe in Konpaku with an ounce of spiritual power. DO NOT explain how someone goes from High 6-B to High 6-A.

So no. It is not "easy", it is an extreme forcing which, among other things, has no counterpart in what happened to Halibel.
Kisuke also shot through base Aizen. You also gonna tell me that Aizen isn’t a threat to Kisuke or would make him worry in a straight fight?
I don't see what it has to do with everything we are talking about in thisbl thread, but if you are asking my opinion about this off topic: Kyoka Suigetsu aside, Base Isshin has made Base Aizen reach his limit pretty casually, I don't see why Urahara couldn't do it.
Quilge whose only feats involve Kisuke not wanting to fight him, getting harmed by Kisuke, harming Kisuke, dying to Grimmjow
The bolded never happened. "Worry" =/= harm.
Ichigo > basically every Sternritter in the first invasion with the exceptions of Royd, Jugo and Askin.
Assumption. Only among those shown.
Except that Starrk didn’t defeat Rose. Love and Rose were caught in a bunch of the wolves’ explosions and came out of it with a few burns still ready to fight before Shunsui jumped Starrk and they decided to sit out the fight. Or did you forget they were basically fine when Aizen decided to solo the Visoreds and Gotei in FKT.
Taking away that: he was completely dominated, he used mask to fight/defend himself from wolves (pretty nice boost, don't you think? And think that Rose has not even harmed him in the slightest. Crazy), Starrk was about to give him the thanks. Instead what happened against NaNaNa?
And Underbelly’s effectiveness is based on the length of time he analyses reiatsu and, more importantly, paralyses them. Rose never got paralysed and was completely unharmed by the end of the fight which means Nanana matched him in a fight and this scales to Rez Starrk.
Point 1 doesn't explain anything since Rose is not Aizen, paralyses AND KNOCK THEM OUT is easy win through hax (or do you want to try to say that to cut the throat of an unconscious/incapacitated man it is necessary to have the AP necessary to bypass his Durability?).

The bolded is literally false and you're making it up now, as the whole fight is offscreen and you have no idea what happened. A moment NaNaNa was against Rose (Base, no mask), then he spawned where Yamamoto was. What happened in the meantime? Do you have evidence to say he didn't use Underbelly?
No clue what you are even trying to imply here. All of the hax based fighters brought up in this thread either only used their hax or don’t use them. Askin spammed Deathdealing, Nanana never used Underbelly, and Barragan spams Respira as if he is Ichigo using GT.
Need to reread Bleach. You're still missing.

A NaNaNa injured after the fight against Byakuya, and after being hit by Auswahlen (how weak was he at that moment?) used Underbelly on Aizen. Aizen. On Aizen it worked, although the latter had been out of the Muken for a few minutes. Why shouldn't the same have happened with Base Rose? You assumed all the time there was talk about the never mentioned Respira, can I assume some too? Or is this also done only when it is convenient?

I am using the same logic as you tho? You want to dismiss Byakuya’s statement that contradicts your scaling
to be fair, he's right about that because the fact byakuya injured as nodt in shikai, means his ap is alredy enough to surpass base as nodt durability

I think Arc7Kuroi's scaling chain was more consistent to try to debunk this thread, your is pretty odd in this context. He did well in both this thread and in prove Arc7Kuroi was a bit wrong

Big issue with this is that even if I give you that point regarding Tsukishima's scaling to LAA Byakuya, Tsukishima still scales to the likes of the CFYOW Femritters (Zombie Bambi, Gigi, Liltotto, Candice) and they scale relative to Quilge. Quilge being someone who with Vollstandig can no sell a Getsuga Tenshou from Fullbring Shikai Ichigo, Fullbring Shikai Ichigo scaling far above prior versions of himself that scale far above all the Arrancar arc Espada. Or the TYBW Femritters scaling to an injured post-Gremmy fight Kenpachi, where post-Unohana base Kenpachi scales far above SAFWY Kenpachi who defeated Cien (Cien being stronger than Res Yammy and having similar reiatsu to Full Hollow Ichigo). Or Grimmjow making Kisuke sweat, Kisuke being the same person Aizen praised as an equal to himself pre-evolution (doesn't mean TYBW Grimmjow scales to TYBW Kisuke, but it means he's certainly in the same ballpark of power if he worries Urahara). Even CFYOW Kenpachi praised Res Grimmjow for his power, that same Kenpachi scaling above all the current Gotei 13.

It's not just one scaling chain, there's multiple that display characters in the TYBW and CFYOW just power-cliffing the prior arcs. For example:

Baraggan << Res Yammy < Res Cien ~ SAFWY Kenpachi <<< post-Unohana fight base Kenpachi < post-Gremmy fight base Kenpachi > post-Gremmy fight injured base Kenpachi ~< TYBW base Femritters =< CFYOW base Femritters ~ CFYOW base Grimmjow < CFYOW Res Grimmjow

Or

CFYOW Res Grimmjow > CFYOW base Grimmjow ~ Zombie Bambi >= base Quilge < Vollstandig Quilge > FB Shikai Ichigo > Striped Mask Ichigo >> Res Yammy >> Baraggan

CFYOW Grimmjow has multiple scaling chains that would place him above Baraggan in AP. But even more so, as I said before, there are multiple ways of interpreting Ikomikidomoe's statement that doesn't lead to Baraggan scaling higher than CFYOW Grimmjow in AP. It could be a hax thing that Grimmjow doesn't have the volume or proficiency to reiatsu null, perhaps the Baraggan Iko fought in the far past was stronger than the older Baraggan that appears in the manga, etc. I'm still of the opinion that the Baraggan novel statement isn't enough to warrant Baraggan scaling above CFYOW Grimmjow's AP.

Baraggan << Res Yammy < Res Cien ~ SAFWY Kenpachi <<< post-Unohana fight base Kenpachi < post-Gremmy fight base Kenpachi > post-Gremmy fight injured base Kenpachi ~< TYBW base Femritters =< CFYOW base Femritters ~ CFYOW base Grimmjow < CFYOW Res Grimmjow
Post-Gremmy fight injured base Kenpachi << TYBW base Femritters >> CFYOW Femritters (only base, because Vollstandig doesn't exist anymore for them).

The correction is fundamental, because here there is another huge problem. Wasn't it specifically written that Bambietta became noticeably weaker and Liltotto compared her to a mid power arrancar? Wasn't it also been said that the Femritterns are weaker than the TYBW, and specifically Liltotto explain that only a part of their powers stolen via Auswahlen come back after several months? Back, but only to acceptable levels to keep crushing some Arrancars in the Hueco Mundo, right? At this point in the chain I might add Rudbornn Chelute which would make it particularly strange again, resulting contradictory.

As much as, if we do not want to consider that the Femritters have weakened and following your kind of chain we would have:
Barragan < CFYOW Base Grimmjow ~ CFYOW Meninas ~ Giriko <<< LAA Eyepatch Kenny >~ Jerom Guizbat ~ Berenice Gabrielli ~ Loyd < TYBW Eyepatch Kenny (1st invasion) < Base Meninas (due to the light injuries to True Shikai Ichigo). This scale is only to show where Meninas power have reached, among others. And it is important to write it in full, not omitting anyone.

CFYOW Res Grimmjow > CFYOW base Grimmjow ~ Zombie Bambi >= base Quilge < Vollstandig Quilge > FB Shikai Ichigo > Striped Mask Ichigo >> Res Yammy >> Baraggan
Write about Zombie Bambi => Quilge based on Menoly's statement not completely accurate, in my opinion. Specifically, her Zombie version in CFYOW and her TYBW version differ greatly in power, to the point she was about to be beaten by CFYOW Rudbornn, if Liltotto had not intervened. Bambi's much weaker statement comes from Liltotto, a much more reliable source who compare her to a mid power arrancar.

Add Rudbornn would lead us to:
CFYOW Bambi ~ CFYOW Rudbornn (her explosions fail to keep pace with Rudbornn's "new war potential", she fell to her knees and started crying, practically giving up) >~ AA Rudbornn ~< AA Rukia ~ Espada 9 < 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1/0.

I write this because when analyzing scaling chains like this, we have to consider all the variables and actors that are part of it, not just those who are right at that moment and see how Bambietta and Meninas, among the others, are at that level help to make understand they are weaker versions than those of the TYBW.

And I add that once again I have not received an answer to why you don't find contradictory to have Halibel there, with the same level of power as the AA, in the absence of evidence in the sources to prove otherwise. I think you know much better than me how much of a stretch it's to try to justify her Tier increase with more than brave assumptions like "Zenkai".

Last edited:
Write about Zombie Bambi => Quilge based on Menoly's statement not completely accurate, in my opinion.
yea, that's also true considering that tybw zombie bambietta got slapped by base charlotte, who in cfyow admitted to be weaker than both nelliel and halibel who seems to not have grown between arrancar arc and cfyow

and to be fair, I'm starting to think maybe this guy could find a way to explain all what might seem like possible inconsistencies

is it possible to call other bleach supporters? to have them read the main thread accompanied by explanations of how tsukishima and sternritterns in cfyow do not create inconsistencies

yea, that's also true considering that tybw zombie bambietta got slapped by base charlotte, who in cfyow admitted to be weaker than both nelliel and halibel who seems to not have grown between arrancar arc and cfyow
Exactly. And this, by the way, would lead to another set of contradictions, because then we would have:

CFYOW Grimmjow ~ CFYOW Halibel/Nelliel ~ TYBW Halibel/Nelliel ~ AA Halibel/Adult Nelliel (< Espada 2/1/0) ~ CFYOW Zombie Bambietta <<< TYBW Zombie Bambietta ~< TYBW Base Charlotte ~ CFYOW Charlotte < CFYOW Halibel/Nelliel.

Exactly. And this, by the way, would lead to another set of contradictions, because then we would have:

CFYOW Grimmjow ~ CFYOW Halibel/Nelliel ~ TYBW Halibel/Nelliel ~ AA Halibel/Adult Nelliel (< Espada 2/1/0) ~ CFYOW Zombie Bambietta <<< TYBW Zombie Bambietta ~< TYBW Base Charlotte ~ CFYOW Charlotte < CFYOW Halibel/Nelliel.
this is just what I thought too

in fact it's for this reason that I continue to think that what you wrote in the topics I mentioned above is the best way to see things in this thread, and certainly the most consistent and that creates a minimum or no number of contradictions, compared what was proposed by the other two Bleach supporters

Regarding the Tsukishima scaling to Lost Agent Byakuya point, whether he gained strength from 17 months after cutting him or not, he'd still scale. Byakuya stated that he'd be using his full power to kill Tsukishima before he got a chance to use his ability, and not only did Tsukishima outpace him and not get hit, he managed to break Byakuya's zanpakuto and damage him directly with a cut in order to use the ability in the first place

And if he did gain strength from inserting himself into others, then Tsukishima should have Butterfly Aizen/Dangai Ichigo tiers of power since he was shown to have fought him in one of his inserted pasta during the Complete FB Ichigo fight and prior to the Byakuya fight. Which to me isn't a contradiction or a problem scaling wise either way for me personally, but most people disagree with FB Arc top tiers > FKT Arc God tiers

All that aside, it's kinda odd to scale Barragan and Starrk above CFYOW Grimmjow when the man has fought on par with so many people that are leagues above them and has scaling to Sternritters or FBs that scale vastly above Yammy.

Zombie Bambietta was never stated to have gotten weaker due to being a Zombie, but even if she did, it doesn't contradict her being relative to Quilge. It would just mean Bambietta alive would be much stronger. No anti feats either. One tapping Shinji and losing to Human Komamura who directly scales to nobody but Bambi in a bubble doesn't contradict. And even if you say he's weaker for whatever reason, he beat her with her own AP. So it doesn't really debunk CFYOW Zombie Bambietta ~ Quilge.

And if you say Charlotte stomped her, Mayuri gave the revived Arrancar massive upgrades. And if you say he's still weaker than Halibel and Nel, Yhwach himself felt it was appropriate to deal with Halibel personally, rather than letting Quilge or some other Sternritters handle it. Not saying she scales to Yhwach, but it should be noted that the novel clarified he felt he should personally deal with her and didn't leave it to his grunts.

I see more evidence for Grimmjow scaling above Barragan. You did say the never mentioned his hax, but Barragan was literally only shown to fight with hax and nothing else. No Cero, standard attacks besides playing around in base, no Hierro or dura feats...it's literally in character for him to age and slow you down with time hax in base and Respira spam in Res. All hax.

And that narrative gets way weirder when you take into account the fact that those very same Arrancar were able to kill Iko. Granted, some did combine attacks, and some did use their best attacks which scale their AP up, but Iko was still beaten by them. Even if we just make them do their attacks individually rather than a combo, each blow would have enough AP behind it to do a decent % of the damage needed to kill him

With Grimm thinking he'd lose to Aizen or Barragan, those are two people with hax that Grimm has no resistance or counter to. It's a little different than Ulq saying Espada 3-1 are stronger than him, which is more of an overall strength kind of statement.

That's not even to take into account the more theoretical/lore based aspects of Barragan being seen by most as the peak of all hollows since the time of Ikomi. Unmatched (except by past Ikomi). I wouldn't be surprised if all hollows thought of Barragan as some godly, mythical being and the peak of all hollows. In a dog eat dog world of beings that can survive for who knows how long, Barragan's been the leader for as long as they could remember you until Aizen. Makes you wonder if anyone even knew Barragan's full strength or reiatsu level and just knew that he could kill anyone with his presence. But that's more subjective speculation than hard evidence

Regarding the Tsukishima scaling to Lost Agent Byakuya point, whether he gained strength from 17 months after cutting him or not, he'd still scale.
That's the point, I haven't said otherwise. However, it's expressly specified that upon his death, the effects of his Fullbring end and if they end, Byakuya's 17 months of training (which are "written" in Byakuya's past) literally disappear for Tsukishima, regardless of which scaling he previously got.

And yes, scaling the characters of FB Arc top tier > FKT Arc god tier, is quite wrong in many places.

All that aside, it's kinda odd to scale Barragan and Starrk above CFYOW Grimmjow when the man has fought on par with so many people that are leagues above them and has scaling to Sternritters or FBs that scale vastly above Yammy.
It's odd that Grimmjow himself, supported by Ikomikidomoe statement, claims in multiple points that he's, in one way or another, weaker than Baraggan, never mentioning his hax but instead mentioning his spiritual power.

Zombie Bambietta was never stated to have gotten weaker due to being a Zombie, but even if she did, it doesn't contradict her being relative to Quilge. It would just mean Bambietta alive would be much stronger. No anti feats either. One tapping Shinji and losing to Human Komamura who directly scales to nobody but Bambi in a bubble doesn't contradict. And even if you say he's weaker for whatever reason, he beat her with her own AP. So it doesn't really debunk CFYOW Zombie Bambietta ~ Quilge.
Never said that Zombie Bambietta has become weaker for becoming a zombie, I invite you to reread because you have misunderstood.

Instead, I wrote that CFYOW Zombietta is far weaker than TYBW Zombietta, to the point she was going to lose to Rudbornn and Liltotto literally compares her to a mid power arrancar.

Unfortunately I only have CFYOW vol. I in Italian, my language, but I can easily send the scans anyway. Specifically, in chapter 3 it is stated:

"Lil did nothing to stop Bambietta as she set out on her way to the enemy.
Because she knew it.
Although judging by what she saw, Bambietta's powers had diminished noticeably, in the case of a simple power battle, the girl would have defeated medium-strength arrancar or hollows.
"

Evidently, not strong enough to keep pace with Rudbornn, leading to the scaling chain I wrote above.

And if you say Charlotte stomped her, Mayuri gave the revived Arrancar massive upgrades. And if you say he's still weaker than Halibel and Nel, Yhwach himself felt it was appropriate to deal with Halibel personally, rather than letting Quilge or some other Sternritters handle it. Not saying she scales to Yhwach, but it should be noted that the novel clarified he felt he should personally deal with her and didn't leave it to his grunts.
This, unfortunately, in no way proves that Halibel had a power boost, since, having been an off-screen fight, quite simply Halibel may have been stomped with negative difficulty by Yhwach (a Yhwach much weaker than the Yhwach we will see in later TYBW). And also, you too, like others guys before you, are speculating/assuming she has become stronger, basically relying on nothing. This is because, in fact, there isn't a singole evidence that she has become stronger than she was in the past.

As for Charlotte, since there is no evidence of Halibel becoming more powerful, this also leads to the extremely contradictory scaling chain that I wrote above.

There is more, because many forget Nelliel. Yhwach has not confronted her personally so what would be the excuse to give Nelliel a power up assuming improvements never mentioned? Please don't mention Urahara's bracelets because those only serve to keep her in her adult form. In TYBW sh's featless, in CFYOW she magically moves to the level of Grimmjow and Halibel. Magic, or, simply as I say from the beginning, she has always been at that level just like Halibel?

I see more evidence for Grimmjow scaling above Barragan. You did say the never mentioned his hax, but Barragan was literally only shown to fight with hax and nothing else. No Cero, standard attacks besides playing around in base, no Hierro or dura feats...it's literally in character for him to age and slow you down with time hax in base and Respira spam in Res. All hax.
I only see how this could lead to extremely contradictory scaling chains, while Halibel ~ Nelliel ~ Grimmjow < Barrgan < Starrk < Yammy, can be explained in many ways as I already did above.

And here we return to the starting point. Barragan's spiritual power is mentioned, not his Respira. If Barragan has a spiritual power equal to/close to that of Weakened Ikomikidomoe, therefore superior to Grimmjow's, it's implied (also because otherwise the entire Aizen ranking would be invalid) that a Barragan Cero/GRC/CO would be more powerful than that of Grimmjow, since it's stated every Espada can use those abilities.

And that narrative gets way weirder when you take into account the fact that those very same Arrancar were able to kill Iko. Granted, some did combine attacks, and some did use their best attacks which scale their AP up, but Iko was still beaten by them. Even if we just make them do their attacks individually rather than a combo, each blow would have enough AP behind it to do a decent % of the damage needed to kill him
The narrative gets weird, but not so much, if you think back to the fact that that confrontation took place as a 1 vs Quincies, Arrancars, Mayuri's Corpe Unit. And, however he was managing to resist. Then one thing happens to keep in mind and don't forget in that fight: NaNaNa used Underbelly on him. And here I can read:

"Ikomikidomoe, sensing the abnormal spiritual pressure gathering in front of him, once again created a massive number of offshoot from his body and tried to form a shield of flesh, but...
He stopped abruptly.
When he felt as though everything had gone numb, Ikomikidomoe was bewildered.
It wasn't just that the offshoot he intended to create were not appearing - he couldn't even move a single one of his limbs.

Somewhere in his immense form, his vocal cords were paralyzed, and Ikomikidomoe could not even let out a shriek. And his body lost all capacity to resist attack due to Najahkoop's ability, the Underbelly..."

Which makes things a little clearer, right? Seeing as up until that point, Iko was resisting casually and fighting back against a squadron of opponents like that.

With Grimm thinking he'd lose to Aizen or Barragan, those are two people with hax that Grimm has no resistance or counter to. It's a little different than Ulq saying Espada 3-1 are stronger than him, which is more of an overall strength kind of statement.
I would agree with you on this point, if only he had referred to their hax at least once.

Certainly, Aizen (Base) would not need to use Kyoka Suigetsu against Grimmjow, because his base strength would be more or less sufficient. In the case of Barragan, I would agree if only Grimmjow named his Respira instead of his spiritual power which leads to what I wrote a few points above in this same answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back