• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion Thread 26

So glad to see that the Bleach Anime will finally get a proper conclusion, I really hope they extend the final battle wit Ywhach, I really want to see Ichigo's True Bankai get more extended action in an epic fight

As long as they keep the Bankai getting one shotted as soon as it's revealed , i'm all fine .

After it get fixed by orihime and tsukishima , i wouldn't mind to see more of it .

Yeah, all he does is move fast and spam Getsuga Tenshou, it's amazing he's able to even survive in this world, I mean his power is having higher AP and Speed then everyone else

Like he can one-shot Ywhach with his True Bankai, but it doesn't mean sh*t since Ywhach is so hax

Until he becomes so strong he just plows through every hax in the world. Like, Ichigo literally resists Yhwach's Hax after it gets fixed by Orihime

its like gin stated " your only skills are hollow mask and getsuga right ichigo?" he was mad when gin told him that lol

No , he doesn't need hax.He is not the right type of characther for hax .

Why do you all want to force hax on a characther that is clearly unfit for them ?

That might honestly be by Kubo didn't show what his Bankai can do, it wouldn't make sense for Ichigo's Bankai to give him good hax and Kubo didn't want Ichigo just getting a boost that could overpower Yhwach's hax either, because that would undermine Yhwach's abilities. Either that or I'm just making an excuse for Kubo being forced to rush the ending.

But he clearly did overpower Yhwach. He just can't do shit against Almighty but to be fair , nobody in the verse beside PSK can do much against Almighty.

100% agree. When you name your final BBEG's power "The Almighty" you can't just have the MC come in and slap this dude. He needs to make everyone work for it and neg most of the good guys before they scrape out a win. How Yhwach lost could have been done better but him vs Ichigo was perfect imo. It's like Aizen vs Ichigo in SS where we get a hype team up with Renji and Ichigo only for them to be utterly crushed at the climax.

Naeblis495 said:
But he clearly did overpower Yhwach. He just can't do shit against Almighty but to be fair , nobody in the verse beside PSK can do much against Almighty.
That's what I mean. If Kubo had just made Ichigo's Bankai a stat boost (In the same way his original Bankai worked) and he then used that stat boost to overpower the Almighty, it would really undermine Yhwach as a character and his abilities.

The thing that need to be changed is that the Plot Arrow need to be foreshadowed much earlier.

And i wouldn't refuse some explanation on exactly why ichigo 's bankai revert to his old shikai . If that's for symbolism , i'm good with it , but some confirmation would be nice .

ichigo can't overpower yhwach haxs, and that is what happened in the manga, he didnt do nothing relevant against him in the 1vs1, he lost miserably and brutally, and yhwach was even playing. kubo did the right thing. Ichigo doesn't need hax either, he is not that type of charachter.

Regarding the arrow it could be that the arrow is like the mimihagi, can't be forseen, or as someone said, Ishida shoot the arrow to himself, and the used anthitesis, to revert the event.

On top of that yhwach was gazing at the wrong future from the start because of Haschwalth, that had almighty, plus aizen that used kyoka before yhwach activated almighty and so on.

If the Anime does extend the fight and give Ichigo's Bankai abilities, would it even be accepted here? I'm not sure how Anime additions that aren't technically "filler" are treated here.

What i meant is that , stat wise , True bankai ichigo can bitchslap SK Yhwach into oblivion . Hell , even true shikai + HoS is enough to compete with SK Yhwach stat wise. His bankai did his job , like it always have.

Ichigo losing to Almighty makes perfect sense , Almighty is just far too much bullshit to be beaten by raw stats.

Wanting ichigo to have hax , is just like wanting kenpatchi or byakuya to have hax . That's not how their zanpakuto's work . Ichigo ability is getsuga tensho , a big "**** everything in that general direction" . All he can get is some variants or better mastery of it , wich he little by little , actually does along the serie.

Ichigo also clearly lack training . He have great power from the start , but very little occasions to hone it , compared to shinigamis who spend decades just to master their shikai , let alone bankai .

byakuya can use his bankai in many ways tho plus, he has kido something ichigo dont have... kenpachi has rei power which is good enough for him xd

Speaking of which Yhwach's Almighty seems already underwhelming because it's more like it should be called The Allknowing because of much it relies on Future stuff rather than any other variable. PSK's Almighty does live up to its name though. So maybe even Yhwach's Almighty isn't as good as what it can truly be ?

Tyri456 said:
Regarding the arrow it could be that the arrow is like the mimihagi, can't be forseen, or as someone said, Ishida shoot the arrow to himself, and the used anthitesis, to revert the event.
What i meant is that we need to have clue of it's existence before the last few episodes.

That the only real problem i have with the last fight , that this magical arrow that will wreck Yhwach royally just magically get introduced when convenient .

So we need a little bit of ryuken , mid arc,showing he is working on something . I'm no writter so i have no real idea how to better fit the plot arrow into the story , but anything would be better than what we got with it .

REMEMBER VERY IMPORTANT! Depending on how good the anime does we could get a NEW animated theatrical release movie in 2022 or 2023 to promote the anime. Wherever it will be canon or not depends if Kubo wants to make a short story with adult Ichigo and Kazui.

Purgy said:
If the Anime does extend the fight and give Ichigo's Bankai abilities, would it even be accepted here? I'm not sure how Anime additions that aren't technically "filler" are treated here.
This seems like a casual topic right now. Funny, 1 year from now and it will be the most heated topic on VSBW

IIRC ol man Zangetsu exhibited something like time stop with his shadow, and this Ichigo is a dimension above Aizen who is above that space-time train thingy-Kotetsu. Maybe it would be possible for Ichigo's Bankai to have a time-space hax which might possibly counter Almighty. Then the words DANGAI ICHIGO could actually mean something.

Zzsax said:
IIRC ol man Zangetsu exhibited something like time stop with his shadow, and this Ichigo is a dimension above Aizen who is above that space-time train thingy-Kotetsu. Maybe it would be possible for Ichigo's Bankai to have a time-space hax which might possibly counter Almighty. Then the words DANGAI ICHIGO could actually mean something.
damn i noticed the time stop thingy but thought it was the anime added it to make it cool never thought of it that way, was it like that in the manga iirc it was too

shit hope kubo works on anime and fixes stuff

Zoro21043 said:
Zzsax said:
damn i noticed the time stop thingy but thought it was the anime added it to make it cool never thought of it that way, was it like that in the manga iirc it was too
shit hope kubo works on anime and fixes stuff
Yeah it was like that in the Manga. Dunno if people would accept giving him Time stop though.

Oh, I mean giving Zangetsu timestop. He doesn't have it currently, and Zangetsu doesn't have many abilities so I can't imagine it was overlooked as oppose to rejected.

Back