• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlazBlue under-leveled?

BeeDub98 said:
A few characters are in need of a boost as well, since we are counting the Astral Finishes Makoto gets a boost because she is capable of Moon busting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwl5csV_L0 according to Central Fiction Ragna faught her and managed to overpower her, speaking of Ragna, he was able to break through Hakumen's barrier and destroyed Nu-13's Humongus summoned Sword which would probably put him around the same level as Makoto as in terms of Attack Potency. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF0aqay1kc4
Even if Makoto's Astral Finish is canon it's an outlier and isn't being considered

For Kokonoe maybe it counts as an outlier but not Makoto, besides if the Instant Kills from Guilty Gear count then Astral Finishes should count too

Zeldasmash said:
In that page, i read through the comments that Mori said that the Astrals are canon to those who have finished their timeloop, which explains the necessity to complete Arcade mode to unlock the Astrals in Calamity Trigger.
If every character now has free access to their Astrals in their moveset from Continuum Shift onward, does that mean everyone has completed their timeloop?

If they aren't part of the main set, it still doesn't change the fact that they still have it as an option and is something they can do. I'll say to at the very least put the Astrals as a key category and powerscale the characters.

Also, what about the reaction speed of the characters? I mean characters like Ragna can dodge Mu's laser fire and can react and block to a laser blast from the Take-Mikazuchi and if we count gameplay (especially if we count Unlimited's), they can dodge and block lightning, continuous laser blasts, and if we count Kokonoe's distortions, black holes.

Hm, IDK about speed. Take-Mikazuchi blast can reach the earth from space in seconds, Ragna and C&A being able to react to it at close range is... well, IDK how much fast is this

also since this is stil open I have a question

Is hakumen power potentially
Limitless
limitless inside Blazblue?>

So basically the stronger the opponent, the more powerful the Power of Order becomes.

Shouldn't this put Hakumen, Jin & Tsubaki in the Unknown or Varies categories?

I think people in BlazBlue would have at least Sub-Relativistic reactions, higher if gameplay/Unlimited forms are counted. They can react to and dodge constant laser barrages, numerous lightning strikes and even black holes considering Kokonoe's Distortions (come to think of it, if gameplay feats are allowed, Kokonoe would be OP as hell).

Not proven as real lasers, lightning strikes would likely put them lower than current feats (if lightning is even C-G) and black holes need to be proven as well (off hand, I know Kokonoe's distortions are not black holes).

I thought Kokonoe's distortion counted as a black hole. My bad, then.

[1] (Kokonoe's Distortion for those who don't know)

As for the lasers, i'm pretty sure Mu-12 can summon crystal units to fire constant laser barrages (and they sure act like lasers in Alter Memory). Kokonoe's Tager distortion is a humongous laser blast.

I don't know if the Take-Mikazuchi's blast counts as a laser, though it can strike from space to the Earth in less then seconds and in story mode, Ragna, Noel & Jin can dodge/block it point blank (In Highlander Mode, Azrael with Growler Field can literally tank the entire blast and take absolutely no damage, though i'm pretty sure Highlander Mode isn't canon).

If none of these count (bar the non-canon Azrael one), then my bad, again XD.

Edit: I think Takamagahara could be Tier 3. They can affect any timeline they want and reset that timeline over and over and over until they get the one they want. When Terumi and Takamagahara were allies, Terumi could be wherever he wanted whenever he wanted with damn near no reprecussions. In Continuum Shift Extend, every Arcade mode is a timeline that Terumi would learn from. If Terumi would have Takamagahara as a Key category, Terumi would go higher.

Back