• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlazBlue under-leveled?

I would prefer some input from other staff members first.

What about Makoto & Base Noel? Are they raised to 6-C?

What about Tsubaki with the unleashed Izayoi? She's probably at the same level as Makoto, if not higher

Also, Relius too is hell strong. He fought Rachel toe-to-toe in continuum shift.

I apologize for not getting to this sooner, as I have been immensely busy in real life lately. I plan on making a feat search/a thread showcasing my findings soon, though for now I suppose the currently proposed solution can work.

I agree on the island justifications and do in fact think that nuking Japan is probably Island level (considering surface area effects and such), but as for astral heats, the difference between GG and Blazblue is that GG had a direct confirmation of their canoncity in one blog post.

Furthermore, a few of Blazblue's are blatant outliers (Makoto ofc).

So the proposed upgrade are fine but I don't think the astral heats are considerable right now.

Also, Azrael is broken as all hell.

Yeah, the guy can tear through interdimensional prisons and reality warping fields with his bare hands.....the guy's a badass. XD

Okay then. Thanks to Alakabamm for the evaluation.

Most likely a mistake. If somebody can figure out what the sections stand for, and insert a key, that would be appreciated.

I think it's when he's Restricted and when he's Unrestricted (though we don't know how strong he is with his chain limiter off and full Enchant Dragunov unleashed, we don't know how many levels is the Enchant Dragunov).

Everlasting said and linked a calc that would have them at High 6-C (Large Island level), so wouldn;t the suggested tiers be High 6-C rather than 6-C? @Zelda

Yeah, my bad on 6-C. I thought it was just Island level and i completely forgot about Large Island level.

It's alright.

So it's just going with your earlier suggestion but add the HIgh before the 6-C. Is there any other that's logical enough to have this rating or is that about it?

I was thinking about Base Noel (9-A) and Makoto (High 8-C) on wether they should get upgraded with this or not.

When it comes to things like Base Ragna, 20% Hakumen & Hazama, should we put them at 6-C or High 6-C?

High 6-C would be Terumi, Dark Susano'o (along with Unknown), 100% Hakumen, Rachel, Azrael, Idea Engine Ragna & Mu-12.

Zeldasmash said:
I was thinking about Base Noel (9-A) and Makoto (High 8-C) on wether they should get upgraded with this or not.
When it comes to things like Base Ragna, 20% Hakumen, Restricted Azrael & Hazama, should we put them at 6-C or High 6-C?
Well, naturally their weaker or restricted forms are weaker.

Drellix said:
Zeldasmash said:
When it comes to things like Base Ragna, 20% Hakumen, Restricted Azrael & Hazama, should we put them at 6-C or High 6-C?
Well, naturally their weaker or restricted forms are weaker.
Restricted Azrael is on the same level as Idea Engine Ragna, if not higher, so Azrael is High 6-C in general, along with Unknow on Unrestricted. Unknow should also go with Dark Susano'o but at the same time be put High 6-C as well due to being basically an evil version of Hakumen. Hazama and Base Ragna though.....Low 6-C or High 7-A, i guess?

Hazama and Base Ragna though.....Low 6-C or High 7-A, i guess?
Depends. How much power difference between the base Ragna and Hazama compared to Idea Engine and Terumi

There's no tier for Low 6-C. It would be High 7-A as it also coveres Small Island level along with Large Mountain.

Just to point that out, Zeldasmash...

Base Ragna and Hazama are basically on even ground. Idea Engine Ragna managed to wipe the floor with Hazama with Terumi in control (and this was with him next to a Cauldron which makes Hazama and Terumi stronger).

20% Hakumen consistantly beats Ragna every time they meet or they come at a standstill, but Ragna is usually exhausted after the fight, while Hakumen is just getting started.

Edit: Thanks for the notice. @CrossverseCrisis

Double edit: Should the editing commence, or should we wait for more staff members?.

Well, looks l like Ant and Crossverse agreed. I think that's enough.

Edit: And Alakabamm. That makes three.

20% Hakumen consistantly beats Ragna every time they meet or they come at a standstill, but Ragna is usually exhausted after the fight, while Hakumen is just getting started.

But 20% hakumen lost to Terumi in continuum shift, he was about to be killed by terumi if was not by Rachel, in Terumi's story

Not to mention that Ragna with the azure(without the IDEA) beated hakumen in the true story in calamity, and they both were fighting toe-to-toe in CP(Ragna without the azure)

Hmm. I can see this being alright i suppose.

That and i had a feeling that someone other than Perpetual would have done this sooner or later...

We still have the rest of the characters, but for right now, i guess better late then never. XD

I was thinking about suggesting the idea to have a Key for Terumi with Takamagahara, but we have to find how they (Takamagahara) are tiered, but it's one step at a time.

Hmm. The calc of the feat was made for a character that's not made here, tho.

But Ant, you think it's still fine even then or should we have it linked to at least one of the characters scaled to it?

In that page, i read through the comments that Mori said that the Astrals are canon to those who have finished their timeloop, which explains the necessity to complete Arcade mode to unlock the Astrals in Calamity Trigger.

If every character now has free access to their Astrals in their moveset from Continuum Shift onward, does that mean everyone has completed their timeloop?

I do not know. I am not informed about BlazBlue, but if characters can be scaled from an actual calculation, it is better to link to this, than state an approximation.

Tsubaki's astral finish actually leads to her bad ending if you use it too much, also Izayoi's astral finish is her immortal breaker wich is the only ability capable of killing observers, in the chrono phantasma story mode rachel tells her that she will have to use it and kill her (Rachel) if they can't manage to stop ragna. Wouldn't that make astral finishes canon?

Me personally i say we put the Astrals as a seperate key category.

Also, what about the Unlimited forms?

Zeldasmash said:
Me personally i say we put the Astrals as a seperate key category.
Also, what about the Unlimited forms?
I agree. It should be up to the match maker to choose whether the Astral Finish is used in the fight or not.

Doesn't the Unlimited forms just constantly have their Overdrive going or is it something else?

Unlimited Forms are a state where the characters are basically unrestricted and everyone goes ham in terms of gameplay. Unlimited Ragna, Nu, Mu, Hakumen & Hazama were used as story bosses and or playable in Ragna's case.

Zeldasmash said:
Unlimited Forms are a state where the characters are basically unrestricted and everyone goes ham in terms of gameplay. Unlimited Ragna, Nu, Mu, Hakumen & Hazama were used as story bosses and or playable in Ragna's case.
Well all of them them are playable with Unlimited with CP Extend but I don't know if that counts in our discussion.

Drellix said:
Zeldasmash said:
Well all of them them are playable with Unlimited with CP Extend but I don't know if that counts in our discussion.
I know. I was referring to their appearances in the story. Unlimited Izanami & Nine are also used as Secret Arcade Bosses in Central Fiction, but i don't know if those are actually canon to the arcade story.

A few characters are in need of a boost as well, since we are counting the Astral Finishes Makoto gets a boost because she is capable of Moon busting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwl5csV_L0 according to Central Fiction Ragna faught her and managed to overpower her, speaking of Ragna, he was able to break through Hakumen's barrier a guy who has tanked attacks from The Black Beast itself, and destroyed Nu-13's Humongus summoned sword which would probably put him around the same level as Makoto as in terms of Attack Potency. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF0aqay1kc4 I don't think anyone in Blazblue is a Planet Buster though.

Back