• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher Rework: Part 2 (Abilities + stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not “agreed”
Another admin agreed with me here and you refused to continue arguing about it, so.

I'm going to encourage you not hop from one thread, to a second, to now a third pushing something that was rejected already.

Another admin agreed with me here and you refused to continue arguing about it, so.
So its 2 staff vs 1 staff currently. We need more votes to decide what to apply.
I'm going to encourage you not hop from one thread, to a second, to now a third pushing something that was rejected already.
You are making the situation seem way worse than it is. The first thread I made was a mistake of mine since I realized that it would be better to simply remake the profile, this thread hop was not in my control, I wanted to keep arguing about the resistance in the other thread but I was told to discuss it elsewhere.

So its 2 staff vs 1 staff currently. We need more votes to decide what to apply.
He didn't even agree with you, he said it "seemed okay" and then described how miniscule it was because of the difference between the totem and Bill.

To be fair I am neutral towards it, idrc about the resistance to powernull.

What about the rest?

(Yeah I am now asking for also Likely Limited Resistance to Emphatic Hax due to this, forgot about this one)

Aye, this happened sooner than I expected. Kinda wished it hadn't because I just got back from the dentist and currently in pain.

Anyway, just gonna copy paste what I said last time.

Also, this could also be considered type 8 Immortality, given him being alive is reliant on that cosmic punishment.

He didn't even agree with you, he said it "seemed okay" and then described how miniscule it was because of the difference between the totem and Bill.
“This seems okay” = Disagreement

AP does not matter when we are talking about hax. Bill does not have HDE so it doesnt even matter.

Aye, this happened sooner than I expected. Kinda wished it hadn't because I just got back from the dentist and currently in pain.
To be honest I thought about it and... is it even something we can add? It'd be like adding to Diavolo from Jojo some Immortality because of the Death Loop from GER.

To be fair I am neutral towards it, idrc about the resistance to powernull.

What about the rest?

(Yeah I am now asking for also Likely Limited Resistance to Emphatic Hax due to this, forgot about this one)
I don't really agree with the Empathic Resistance either, and stated as such in my post in the previous thread which wasn't disagreed with.

In terms of the rest I can't really say this second because I'm explicitly focusing on this because it's the third time I've had to argue with it.

AP does not matter when we are talking about hax. Bill does not have HDE so it doesnt even matter.
Or it's due to the fact that the totem is a normal object animated by weirdness and was thus reverted to it's normal state, whereas Bill is naturally a weird being and has no state to revert to.

Or it's due to the fact that the totem is a normal object animated by weirdness and was thus reverted to it's normal state, whereas Bill is naturally a weird being and has no state to revert to.
But this is based on your personal view on it. There is no indication that it only nullifies things that got turned into weird. Even if you disagree with a full on addition you cannot ignore the other big possibility and view point of the feat.

I am a bit weirded with Bill getting resistance because... If he's truly resistance, then why was the Shack considered the only defense from Stanley?

There is no indication that it only nullifies things that got turned into weird.
Because it doesn't have the same interaction when working with things that are naturally weird, you cannot nullify weirdness on things that are just that way by default.

I am a bit weirded with Bill getting resistance because... If he's truly resistance, then why was the Shack considered the only defense from Stanley?
Because Shion will argue with you that it's because the forcefield and the anti-weirdness magic are two entirely different things.

What do you mean? Bill still couldnt get past its barrier
Exactly, meaning his stuff did indeed get nulled. So I don't see the resistance, are you expecting Bill to become inanimated or something? Because the Totem just became normal after interacting with that barrier.

To be honest I thought about it and... is it even something we can add? It'd be like adding to Diavolo from Jojo some Immortality because of the Death Loop from GER.
Death loop type powers are odd. We have accepted this sort of thing with other characters, like the killers from Dead by Daylight. At least here this death loop thing could be related to an ability of Bill's, the Axolotl incantation.

Exactly, meaning his stuff did indeed get nulled. So I don't see the resistance, are you expecting Bill to become inanimated or something? Because the Totem just became normal after interacting with that barrier.
Bills magic still seems to work while fighting it. Which means he didnt get nulled at all

Death loop type powers are odd. We have accepted this sort of thing with other characters, like the killers from Dead by Daylight. At least here this death loop thing could be related to an ability of Bill's, the Axolotl incantation.
The death loop here also keeps him in a time loop, which are usually listed on profiles
I suppose Type 4 + 8 can work then?
Bills magic still seems to work while fighting it. Which means he didnt get nulled at all
  • Didn't get nulled.
  • Literally everything he did couldn't get past the barrier and the Shack was the only think that wasn't affected from the Weirdmageddon coz of it.
Right.

• Didn't get nulled.
  • Literally everything he did couldn't get past the barrier and the Shack was the only think that wasn't affected from the Weirdmageddon coz of it.
Right.
Nulling /=/ Invulnerability

Bills magic could still work and his laser eye actually got past the barrier iirc

Bills magic could still work and his laser eye actually got past the barrier iirc
My guy, the thing was only against weirdness, which Bill is a thing by default.

It's not like Bill's existence himself could get nulled or someting.
Also noticed that Mathematics Manipulation was gone. I thought the justification of him being able to puke up prime numbers was alright.
Because Math Manip is basically physics manip but with formulas.

My guy, the thing was only against weirdness, which Bill is a thing by default.

It's not like Bill's existence himself could get nulled or someting.
Why didnt his magic get nulled? How did he still use all his weirdness powers?

Why didnt his magic get nulled? How did he still use all his weirdness powers?
Because the barrier just protected it from Bill's stuff?

The totem was totally incapacitated because it just removed the weirdness, but with Bill it just... can't?

The totem probably wasn't 2-A, so I wonder if this would stop it from working
It would be a No Limits Fallacy to assume someone with this ability can nullify anything that falls within the phenomena their powers are made to counter. It is to be assumed that any negation power has its limitations based on the strongest thing it has nullified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back