• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher: It's finally time for Tier 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read above. In the string theory the extra dimensions exist as strings that are all around the 4D membranes, not as other, bigger membranes.
How existing in the strings dimensions will make them have a horrible sense of direction?
The space between timelines is 4th dimensional space, which would fit with the NR being 5th dimensional due to it being 4+1D as well.
I still don’t get it how Ford needed many years to build the portal and at least 5D calculus meanwhile Dipper and Mabel just flew too fast. It makes no damn sense for them to be the same place/NR being not above it. Also being in-between ALL worlds with their timelines > being between just timelines.

I've fixed the blog.

I suppose we only have to wait for the Shacktron profile and the Class G calc. Also fixed a bit @Accelerated_Evolution's version of the profile.
How existing in the strings dimensions will make them have a horrible sense of direction?
The strings still exist in higher dimensional axes, just that said axes aren't significant compared to the branes due to those being finite-sized.
I still don’t get it how Ford needed many years to build the portal and at least 5D calculus meanwhile Dipper and Mabel just flew too fast.
You're forgetting that that was with a space racer that was built in the far future.

I got a little lost in this discussion and I have a question: The only reason Bill scales to the NR is because of the portal feat? because if so, that feat is clearly not Low 1-C, NR has 4 spatial dimensions, the 5th dimension is time, shaking the NR would only be a 4D feat.

I got a little lost in this discussion and I have a question: is the only reason Bill scales to the NR because of the portal feat? because if so, that feat is clearly not Low 1-C, NR has 4 spatial dimensions, the 5th dimension is time, shaking the NR would only be a 4D feat.
The NR is a level of infinity above 4D due to it encompassing all the 4D space-times as a part of itself, meaning that 5D > 3+1D.

It's also why Sonic is Tier 1 in the 1st place as well.

I got a little lost in this discussion and I have a question: The only reason Bill scales to the NR is because of the portal feat? because if so, that feat is clearly not Low 1-C, NR has 4 spatial dimensions, the 5th dimension is time, shaking the NR would only be a 4D feat.
I mean, he was entirely unconcerned about all of existence, NR included, being destroyed.

The NR is a level of infinity above 4D due to it encompassing all the 4D space-times as a part of itself, meaning that 5D > 3+1D.

I think he's asking how Bill himself scales to the NR's 5D nature, not about the NR itself.

And Sonic also has hypertimelines now.

I think he's asking how Bill himself scales to the NR's 5D nature, not about the NR itself.
I know, and the 4th spatial dimension is bigger than both the 3 spatial dimensions and the 1 temporal dimension of the universes, meaning is Low 1-C anyway.

I never said that the NR isn't between universes, don't strawman me. I said that the 11 spatial dimensions being of significant size would be contradicted, and would more fit the 5D bulk with 11D strings, as otherwise you'd be claiming that 4D in GF would be 11D in actuality, which just isn't true.
I didn't say that you never said that the NR isn't between universes, I said the 4th dimension seems to contradict the NR cause its inbetween universes

I think you didn't understand my question. The Nightmare Realm is a 5D structure (4 spatial dimensions + 1 temporal dimension), correct?

Shaking the NR wouldn't affect the fifth dimension at all since it's a temporal dimension, unless you mean the portal can "shake time" or something like that..

I still agree with Low 1-C, because of the whole "destroy existence" thing, which should include the NR. I just wanted to point that out.

I didn't say that you never said that the NR isn't between universes, I said the 4th dimension seems to contradict the NR cause its inbetween universes
The NR acts is the 4th dimension, this is what I said.
Shaking the NR wouldn't affect the fifth dimension at all since it's a temporal dimension, unless you mean the portal can "shake time" or something like that..
Why not? Both the spatial and time dimensions are just subsets of the 4th dimension here, and if you shake the NR, you're shaking also those.

This is more argument from incredulity if anything.

Why not? Both the spatial and time dimensions are just subsets of the 4th dimension here, and if you shake the NR, you're shaking also those.

This is more argument from incredulity if anything.
Could you please take the time to UNDERSTAND what I'm asking before simply responding with something completely unrelated?

Damn, well, what I was referring to was that I thought that the NR itself was composed of 4 spatial dimensions and contained a temporal dimension within itself as well. So my question was "How would shaking a 4-dimensional realm affect its time dimension? Wouldn't that mean that things like shaking the universe should be Low 2-C instead of 4-A?" Since you weren't explaining well here and it seems like you didn't understand what I was trying to say, I reread the blog.

- I noticed that NR seems to be out of time, which means it must be timeless. Bill Immeasurable confirmed.

- The NR should actually have 5 spatial dimensions if the Bulk trivializes the 4D dimensions as infinitely thin layers. Or at least that's what your explanation and the image you placed above it imply.

In that case, my doubt is gone and shake the NR is Low 1-C.

Yep, I was always reffering to that lol.
Yeah, well, that's not what it says here:
Based on all of the evidence above, it's safe to say that the Nightmare Realm is a 5-D realm, due to not only it being a Bulk that encompasses all the universes and requires a 5th-dimensional calculus to be accessed, but also it having 4th-dimensional space, which would make it 5-D due to it having 4 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal one.
Hence my initial confusion, the blog in that part does not mention the NR as a timeless realm that has 5 spatial dimensions by trivializing 4-dimensional spaces. If not, it says that NR has 4 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension (which does not make sense since it is outside of time).

Hence my initial confusion, the blog in that part does not mention the NR as a timeless realm that has 5 spatial dimensions by trivializing 4-dimensional spaces. If not, it says that NR has 4 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension (which does not make sense since it is outside of time).
I mean, it logically makes sense for it to be outside of time if it trivializes it as just a part of itself.

Some verses do work like that like Pokémon, for example.

The strings still exist in higher dimensional axes, just that said axes aren't significant compared to the branes due to those being finite-sized.
NR being infinite in size should fix the problem.
You're forgetting that that was with a space racer that was built in the far future.
In no way any kind of acceleration is the same as 5D portal.
It says that NR has 4 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension (which does not make sense since it is outside of time).
To be fair, it could imply that Bill himself is inherently not under tyranny of time which would support his Acausality, but NR would still be timeless due to lacking causality and any laws overall, I believe.

I mean, it logically makes sense for it to be outside of time if it trivializes it as just a part of itself.

Some verses do work like that like Pokémon, for example.
So, why in the blog do you mention that the NR has a temporal dimension if it is outside of time? 🗿

Btw, just to be sure, where on this huge page is it mentioned that the lower dimensions exist as infinitely thinner layers?

So, why in the blog do you mention that the NR has a temporal dimension if it is outside of time?
Being outside of something does not mean you completely lack it. For example, Arceus is outside space and time due to it having Dialga and Palkia as parts of itself, but it's still transcending these things.

You can be totally unbound from something if you trivialize it as just a subset of yourself, the NR treats the 3+1D spacetimes as insignificant parts of itself, but does not mean it lacks said dimensions.
Btw, just to be sure, where on this huge page is it mentioned that the lower dimensions exist as infinitely thinner layers?
Advances in string theory in the 1990’s brought about the proposal that there could be other structures in space-time with zero thickness in one or more dimensions up to one less than the proposed 9 spatial directions. Thus, for example, the possibility of two-dimensional surfaces with zero thickness was considered. Just as the string was not limited to straight, zero thickness lines, but could have arbitrary curvature and in fact be closed, so the two-dimensional surfaces could be curved and be closed like a spherical surface. The concept of "branes" then followed, being objects that had zero thickness in one or more dimensions--The electron, quark, and other fundamental particles are thought to be true points, 0D objects in 4D space-time, but always accompanied by electromagnetic or chromodynamic fields. They have the effect of giving atoms and nuclei an effective size--angstrom and fermi respectively.

The authors have borrowed the concept of branes from the extended string theory but limit themselves to only one, two, or three extra spatial dimensions. We focus our attention on the Randall-Sundrum model (Randall, 1999, 2005) which proposes just one extra spatial dimension. In that model, the term brane describes our four-dimensional space-time (4D) as an "object" within a five dimensional (5D) space-time, called the bulk. The bulk, in addition to the time dimension, has four spatial dimensions corresponding to coordinates x, y, z and w. The brane has zero thickness in the w dimension and thus in effect has only three measurable spatial dimensions.

Being outside of something does not mean you completely lack it. For example, Arceus is outside space and time due to it having Dialga and Palkia as parts of itself, but it's still transcending these things.

You can be totally unbound from something if you trivialize it as just a subset of yourself, the NR treats the 3+1D spacetimes as insignificant parts of itself, but does not mean it lacks said dimensions.
Wouldn't The NR be 6D because of that? If NR trivializes 4 dimensions in this way, and you stated that it has 5 spatial dimensions
Yep, I was always reffering to that lol.
and that it also has a temporal dimension, that results in 6D.

Iirc Qawsedf234 said that for "5th dimension calculation" to make sense, they should be geometric dimensions.

I wouldn't agree with the NR having time anyway, as Bill despises humans for "withering under the oppressive tyranny of time."

Wouldn't The NR be 6D because of that? If NR trivializes 4 dimensions in this way, and you stated that it has 5 spatial dimensions
The 4th spatial dimension here would be superior to both the spatial and temporal dimensions of the normal space-time here. This is why the Bulk is 5D in the M-theory and not 6D.

These guys are an example, they're 5D, yet they trivialize both time and space of the 4D universe, treating both as just as irrelevant spatial stuff.

Iirc Qawsedf234 said that for "5th dimension calculation" to make sense, they should be geometric dimensions.
Just math isn't enough. I said that higher dimensional calculus involves coordinate dimensions to explain how rate change works. The issue being that just having 5th Dimensional Calculus isn't enough for Low 1-C, since that doesn't mean the fifth dimension is of notable size, just that it is geometric.

For the thread my stance of Low 1-C hasn't changed. Though as before the possibly rating I'm not against in principle.

Just math isn't enough. I said that higher dimensional calculus involves coordinate dimensions to explain how rate change works. The issue being that just having 5th Dimensional Calculus isn't enough for Low 1-C, since that doesn't mean the fifth dimension is of notable size, just that it is geometric.

For the thread my stance of Low 1-C hasn't changed. Though as before the possibly rating I'm not against in principle.
...bro just skipped my posts.

Anyway, as @Qawsedf234 agreed with a possibly, I'll go back to my original plan for "possibly 1-B", also because of the Time Island being totally outside the 4th dimension, thus implying that the Nightmare Realm can't just be limited to be said 4th dimension, as otherwise the Time Island would be outside the cosmology itself.

But regardless, I'll revert the blog to how it was before and later today reword it so that it'll satisfy both ends.

Anyway, as @Qawsedf234 agreed with a possibly, I'll go back to my original plan for "possibly 1-B", also because of the Time Island being totally outside the 4th dimension, thus implying that the Nightmare Realm can't just be limited to be said 4th dimension, as otherwise the Time Island would be outside the cosmology itself.

But regardless, I'll revert the blog to how it was before so that it'll satisfy both ends.
I think you just push for 5D and leave the higher rating for a new thread

On second thought, I'll likely make a new thread later today once I get back access to my PC, as rn I'm kinda getting overwhelmed with irl work and I don't know when I'll get back here, as the Class G, the new Shacktron profile, and the eventually re-revised blog will also need to be checked from staff.

This is getting confusing. The thread already has agreements on Low 1-C possibly 1-B so why not just wait for other staff to come and get a conclusion?

This is getting confusing. The thread already has agreements on Low 1-C possibly 1-B so why not just wait for other staff to come and get a conclusion?
9 pages, come on Shion.

No staff has seen the blog yet lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back