• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big SCP-682 Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some higher dimensions of time stuff was already rejected in the last thread. Each universe having an infinite number of timelines is still just 2-A.
Please, it has nothing to do with Ad Astra
And it shows very clearly the Higher dimension time property (or at least Timeless Void contains timelines arranged that way).
There is literally a timeline perpendicular to the infinite number of timelines and that is just small Fraction (Here)
This is not just infinite timelines, it's infinite timelines arranged in every possible way In TWO Dimensions
Parallel, perpendicular, tangent, secent, looping, continuous,branching,... timelines Obviously far superior to infinite number of linear timelines (Here)

I didn't know since you hadn't linked anything.

There is literally a timeline perpendicular to the infinite number of timelines and that is just small Fraction (Here)
This is not just infinite timelines, it's infinite timelines arranged in every possible way In TWO Dimensions
Parallel, perpendicular, tangent, secent, looping, continuous,... timelines Obviously far superior to infinite number of linear timelines (Here)

Maybe the exact quotes will help, but infinite timelines arranged in every possible way in two dimensions is still just 2-A. That's equivalent to the set of every fraction, which is countably infinite.

I didn't know since you hadn't linked anything.

Parallel, perpendicular, tangent, secent, looping, continuous,... timelines Obviously far superior to infinite number of linear timelines (Here)

Maybe the exact quotes will help, but infinite timelines arranged in every possible way in two dimensions is still just 2-A. That's equivalent to the set of every fraction, which is countably infinite.
I mean timeless void which is probably equivalent to Two dimensions of time which contains timelines that are entirely in a single universe
That's also why one universe can contain all the timelines without regard to the Multiverse or higher.
I am well aware that timelines are only 2A no matter how many or how they are arranged
However, the thing containing the timelines itself is not, it obviously has to be equivalent to the Two dimensions of time in terms of size and scope so that the timelines can be arranged in any way like that

I mean timeless void which is probably equivalent to Two dimensions of time which contains timelines that are entirely in a single universe
That's also why one universe can contain all the timelines without regard to the Multiverse or higher.
I am well aware that timelines are only 2A no matter how many or how they are arranged
However, the thing containing the timelines itself is not, it obviously has to be equivalent to the Two dimensions of time in terms of size and scope so that the timelines can be arranged in any way like that
Screenshot the quotes please.

I just read the two pages you linked and none of that is substantiated. The most impressive thing there is an infinite number of timelines existing, which is still 2-A.

I just read the two pages you linked and none of that is substantiated. The most impressive thing there is an infinite number of timelines existing, which is still 2-A.
I'll make it more clear in the next revision, I'm pretty busy

Idk why I'm needed here but if it's about scaling stuff to 682's true form, the answer should generally be no. Other beings could certainly create a being that is an avatar of a higher concept without having created said concept. Only stuff that should have affected it's true form should scale to it, but since this is a very new concept, this should be hard to prove.

Btw I'd like to bring up that in SCP-6001, 682 can negate the regeneration and immortality of other 682s.

"Primrose: Yes, they are. Second deadliest animal on the planet. They were third until we got rid of mosquitos. Humans still get the top rank, of course. Fascinating creatures, the Immortigon. Immortal, of course, by any means other than themselves. They work a bit like lions mixed with lobsters. Once one gets big, old, and slow enough, the rest of the pack devours it. They were a… well, it’d be disrespectful to call them a nuisance, but really, as long as we kept a wall between our land and theirs, stayed out of their sight, they only really killed idiot trespassers and poachers. We knew they were intelligent. We tried to reach out, but they killed every messenger."

Idk why I'm needed here but if it's about scaling stuff to 682's true form, the answer should generally be no. Other beings could certainly create a being that is an avatar of a higher concept without having created said concept. Only stuff that should have affected it's true form should scale to it, but since this is a very new concept, this should be hard to prove.
6820 affected its concept and nearly destroyed it, who also interacted with 3125. SK and TBD "flipped" the noosphere, which is where 682's true form resides. The low 1-C tier should generally stay to the noospheric/god-tiers.

Actually it does change things. 3125 isn't the source of Low 1-C; the five-dimensional meme complex is. That's why the SK is still only possibly Low 1-C, despite 3125 being solidly Low 1-C.

3125 isn't considered a part of that Noosphere feat because of the multiple statements saying 3125 came from an alien noosphere, presumably 5800, which itself has statements of being separated from the rest of the Noosphere.

Although tbh idk why SK isn't already solidly Low 1-C. Maybe because the feat of breaking out of 3125's sealing was just considered hax and not AP? In which case we should make sure that 6820 defeating 3125 was actually an AP feat and not done via hax.

I'll reread the article again. To my understanding, a fight happened because 3125 knew how dangerous 682 was. But 3125 lost because the Foundation in all their infinite wisdom decided to use an antimeme on a living antimeme.

Uh. Y'all keep in mind 6820-A is like 3125 in the sense that it's mostly alien to the human Noosphere. It doesn't exist fully in the Noosphere, it only partially intersects with it because it's so big. So it shouldn't really change anything regarding human Noosphere, and only people scaling to 682's true form should be affected.

Also I want to mention that ideas like 3125 or 6820-A are tiered by their sizes, as stated in 5800. So any ideas capable of interacting with another directly should scale in tiering. In this case, 6820-A being able to survive direct contact, as well as interacting with it, would make it scale regardless of whether or not 6820-A completely assimilated it. And if it did, then it 100% scales.

I've deliberated the tiering for a bit, and I personally think no one should scale to 682's concept just yet. The 6820 article is an isolated event that took place in an alternate universe as referenced in the warning at the top of the article. Considering no other God tier character was linked to the article as well, it's safe to say that no one should scale at the moment.

I've deliberated the tiering for a bit, and I personally think no one should scale to 682's concept just yet. The 6820 article is an isolated event that took place in an alternate universe as referenced in the warning at the top of the article. Considering no other God tier character was linked to the article as well, it's safe to say that no one should scale at the moment.
If 6820 is an alternate universe then why would any of this apply to baseline universe 682...?

I was under the impression that all 682 variants were essentially the same. A 682 that was sent to the main Foundation universe eventually became that universe's new 682. The principle here was also be similar since the warning was disseminated to caution other universes of their failure.

More likely than not, if the main universe Foundation attempted to boot 682 from the Noosphere, the same thing would happen to them.

I'm pretty sure we dismissed some other staff based on it being an AU 682 before. And we 100% dismiss stuff based on them being AU researchers, hence why we don't include lolFoundation stuff.

Our 682 page should just cover the one in the main universe, or stuff that applies to all of them (such as the lucky dinosaur).

Actually, I'd say that the lucky dinosaur is a kinda good indication that not all of them act the same. Sure if the difference is just a sombrero and the Foundation goes on with it acting nearly identically, then it's probably safe to use, but if it's an explicit AU then it really shouldn't be.

I was under the impression that all 682 variants were essentially the same. A 682 that was sent to the main Foundation universe eventually became that universe's new 682. The principle here was also be similar since the warning was disseminated to caution other universes of their failure.

More likely than not, if the main universe Foundation attempted to boot 682 from the Noosphere, the same thing would happen to them.
Theyre not, theres even several xperiment logs that confirm that 682 instances vary drastically in every universe they exist in

Ah, then the downgrade portion of this revision will be the only point of contention from here on out.

I mean it's could be argued that the main universe's Scp-682 has acausality type 3 both times they send him to another world in the test log he had alternate versions show up and both times it's implied that this cases are unique.

I have talked about the upgrade portion of the revision with Agnaa in Discord and we have agreed that it applies to main universe 682 due to the fact that the 6820 article serves as a caution to other universes about the nature of 682 itself, something likely shared by all instances.

Agnaa is free to vouch for his end of the agreement.

I think that is a compelling reason for the revision not to be rejected, but I'd also like to add the disclaimer that I haven't read 6820, so I can't actually say I looked at the evidence and found it sufficient. I just have opinions on the rules for SCP profiles.

Sure but before I do may I ask what the consensus on 682's relation to the Noosphere is? In this will help clear a decent part of my rebuttals if the answer is what I think

682's concept is on the same level as 3125 and it can exist as long as that concept exists. The supposed "true form" of 682 is possibly Low 1-C if only we assume that its true form would encompass and supersede its concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back