• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big SCP-682 Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok, so I will be blunt. SCP-682's page as it is now is inaccurate and/or misleading.

Downgrades
First of all, I will address the elephant in the room. SCP-682 has absolutely no relation to SCP-343 outside of Competitive Eschatology. SCP-682 in Competitive Eschatology is the steed of the Horseman of Death, deliberately sealed by SCP-343. Ok, that's fine. But Competitive Eschatology is treated as an alternate universe. As such, that 682 is not the same 682 in regular Foundation articles and tales.

And before anyone asks, I could not find any tales that linked 682's immortality to The Brothers Death, either.

Speaking of SCP-682's immortality, there are some things I would like to address. To start, I have absolutely no idea why 682's type 8 is linked to a tale from Pitch Haven. To the uninitiated, Pitch Haven is a canon hub that details the stories of a race of anthropomorphic animals-man hybrids that is based upon Abrahamic Faith. However, it is very loose in its depiction of Abrahamic religion and follows its own unique story. It does not connect to SCP-343 or the greater Foundation mythology save for one connection that I will now discuss. Pitch Haven has but one connection to 682, and that is through its termination log with SCP-001 (Clef's Proposal). Within said termination, 001 was stated by 682 to not be one of the All-Mighty's servants, the angel Uriel. He was instead stated to be a pale imitation, one from the Pitch Haven canon. With this recontextualization in mind, let us look at why this is wildly inconsistent with what we know.

Within SCP-001's article, we see that Cain (SCP-073) and Able's (SCP-076-2) father sent them a message through some weird Foundation warning system. Their father? Adam el Asem, as we learn in SCP-4840. Interestingly enough, SCP-001 also makes an appearance in 4840, and was depicted as someone who was there in the city of Audapaupadopolis. In addition to this, we know that Cain was cursed with his photographic memory by SCP-001, which makes the above depiction consistent.

Now given all of this, there is no way SCP-001 originated from Pitch Haven. It is a wild inconsistency given everything else that was shown. As such, there is no way SCP-682 is connected to Pitch Haven, let alone SCP-343. Hence, SCP-682 should lose its type 8 immortality.

Now I will discuss SCP-682's type 9 immortality and supposed Leviathan true form. To my understanding, the Leviathan key was born from the idea that SCP-682, being a child of the Scarlet King, would have had to have been comparable to its brethren that fought in the War for Creation. This is, however, false, once you've seen what the justification for it is. Here is what is directly stated on 682's page:

"SCP-682 is just a 3-D projection of its true self, which exists on a higher-dimensional plane. Stated by Dr. Gears to simply a shell formed by 682's true form, and that damaging said shell in any way it is like shaving the hair off a human: annoying, but not deadly, Stated by Dr. Crow to be simply a projection of the true 682 into our reality, with attacking it being the equivalent of poking your finger into a balloon: you're inside it, but still outside of it"

The two links take you to a WoG and a termination log respectively. The first one is fine. There's nothing off about it besides there being absolutely no correlation to higher dimensions. The second link is where it falls apart. First of all, the statement was not made by Crow, but by a censored researcher. Second, it mentions the word "extra-dimensional" when referring to 682's true form. Contextually, this could either mean higher-dimensional, or other-dimensional.

However, as you will see, neither statement actually says anything about a Leviathan form. And this extends to any article or tale with 682 in it. Sure, we can assume that 682 is indeed a child of the Scarlet King much like SCP-999. But it is so much more consistent to assume that SCP-682 is merely an effigy child like SCP-999, rather than a nerfed projection of its true self as a Leviathan. As such, I propose a removal of SCP-682's Leviathan key and replacing it with the next bit.

Upgrades
Let us now address the newly added SCP-6820. I'm not going to beat about the bush; SCP-6820 was a machine designed to kill SCP-682 which the Foundation found out is actually an alien idea, not unlike SCP-3125. With this stunning revelation, we can now safely say that 682 truly does have a higher-dimensional true form. SCP-682 somehow fought and destroyed SCP-3125, which makes its true form Low 1-C.

However, with this in mind, we would also have to address if true form 682 would scale to its brethren, and by extension, the rest of the Non-Narrative God tiers. I will leave this part to the floor.

That is all for now.

Sigh...

When you said youd make this later I thought you meant in a few days not a few hours

I'll respond to this in full after work but two things:

1. The 343 thing is fine

2. 682's experiment log and the author of Pitch Haven both confirm 682's connection to Pitch Haven

I would like to see the context of the second point.

I literally addressed that in the OP.

SK and TBD together fought and flipped the Noosphere on it's head, though the precise quote could mean all or portions of the Noosphere. Anyway, only the God-tiers (not those god-tiers or the other god-tiers, the weaker god-tiers) should scale to that true form 682. Correct me if i'm not understanding this right.

Can you post the scans where SCP-6820 treats 682 as a "true form" and instead just being its concept? Because I read it, but I don't remember anything suggesting it being like a higher dimensional form or something. The whole plot of the article was that it was trying to kill 682 by erasing its concept. With 3125 also existing purely as a concept/meme rather than a normal entity as well. I don't see this being a key for 682 rather than busted resistance to conceptual manip.

The Noosphere is a physical location, as impossibly hard that is to believe. 682 being the physical embodiment of a Low 1-C concept within the context of SCP would mean that the alien concept known as 682 in the Noosphere is the true 682. Its monologue even confirms this:

"this state is intriguing
no natural laws bind this form
only those of the mind

my mind was incomplete
I could not remember
my original form

not the one you know
nor the one before
but perfection"

It's referring to its complete ideatic form.

Would there be any scaling issues if we scaled every non-narrative god to flat out Low 1-C?

Also, I agree with the CRT.

The Noosphere is a physical location, as impossibly hard that is to believe. 682 being the physical embodiment of a Low 1-C concept within the context of SCP would mean that the alien concept known as 682 in the Noosphere is the true 682. Its monologue even confirms this:

only those of the mind

my mind was incomplete
I could not remember
my original form

not the one you know
nor the one before
but perfection"

This is actually supported in a lot of 682's supporting lore if true

I mean everyone would be in a very stupid tier and be impossible to find matches for because lol Theta-Prime.

But yeah, there aren't any real scaling issues since 682 is literally the bottom of the God tier hierarchy. It took an army of Leviathans to kill Mekhane, who is the weakest in the hierarchy. 682 being just an individual would be < them.

Then... what's exactly the problem here? I feel like it's a pretty straightforward upgrade.

If it doesn't cause any scaling issue, then we should just go for it.

I mean everyone would be in a very stupid tier and be impossible to find matches for because lol Theta-Prime.
They'll be infinitely stronger than 5-D, but infinitely weaker than 6-D, right?

Well, rip matches. Until the aleph stuff gets sorted out, anyways.

only those of the mind

my mind was incomplete
I could not remember
my original form

not the one you know
nor the one before
but perfection"

I see. But I disagree that he was referring to the conceptual form because at that point he was regenerating from being conceptually erased, I read that as in he got "reminded" of what his true form is while erased, and was regening into the original form.

I mean there really isn't a way for 682 to physically fight 3125 without having a Low 1-C presence in the Noosphere.

Ok, so I talked it out with Og on Discord.

Og is not convinced that 6820-A is the true form of 682 as referenced in the 076-2 termination lig. It might be, but we can't be sure. As such, the true form of 682 would be Possibly Low 1-C, on the grounds that its concept is Low 1-C, and its true form should likely be the same.

Funny thing is theres a lot more scaling between 3125 and the low elder gods than we previously belived

Well, Saikou already made the SCP-6820 page, so he should comment on this.

We also need to discuss if this retroactively makes all the God tiers Low 1-C, or if it's a completely isolated tiering.

Even as a joke, let's try not to haste people.

Anyhow, I'll just sit this one out in the background for now.

Well, Saikou already made the SCP-6820 page, so he should comment on this.

We also need to discuss if this retroactively makes all the God tiers Low 1-C, or if it's a completely isolated tiering.
They should. Flipping the noosphere on its head, which is a feat directly above anything shown by 6820 and 6820-A, which we know scale to 3125 at the very least. If these rating are applied, everybody would be At least Low 1-C to reflect 6820 and 3125's page.

Would there be any scaling issues if we scaled every non-narrative god to flat out Low 1-C?

Also, I agree with the CRT.
No. SK/TBD already have two reasons to scale to 3125 which wouldn't be contradicted by weaker characters also scaling (turning over the noosphere in their fight, and 3125 being one of the seals on SK that SK broke), and apparently Mekhane has some reasons for scaling to 3125 as well.
They should. Flipping the noosphere on its head, which is a feat directly above anything shown by 6820 and 6820-A, which we know scale to 3125 at the very least. If these rating are applied, everybody would be At least Low 1-C to reflect 6820 and 3125's page.
idk why you brought up flipping the noosphere here, since that doesn't scale to the weaker god-tiers.

I agree with all of this, other than that SCP-6820 is really hard to read (I swear it's harder than SCP-4485, I've never come across anything harder and longer to read than SCP-6500, at least Ouroborus pretty easily to read)
I'm also planning to do a modification that upgrades God tiers to solid Low-1C, it's based on the fact that only a single universe already has Higher dimensions of time with an infinite number of timelines and causally arranged possible way in two dimensions (parallel, tangent, square,...) from Thaud Xyank tales (TVA)
It will also include all the abilities additions from the previous two revisions and more (considering its anarchy).

Some higher dimensions of time stuff was already rejected in the last thread. Each universe having an infinite number of timelines is still just 2-A.

True form of 682 should obviously also have CM type 2 and AE type 1 compared to Noosphere entities and apart from it like 3125 as OP suggested, there is a story saying True Form of 682 is literally Platonic Concept ( people ignore it just because it failed to upgrade 1A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back