• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big boy revisions for Xenoblade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falling space station is insanely obvious PIS considering even some of the nameless Fodders of the 1st game can survive 3 ton explosions without damage.

This was mostly for Shulk, Zanza and Alvis. Malos and Pneuma scale to them via the Architect. Regardless you can count it as PIS as everything else would point otherwise.

@Cal I don't see your point here with Quality>Quantity here, unless you're implying that Kep disagreeing automatically makes Medeus, Dark and others automatically invalid because of one other admin.

To which I ask, why is his judgement better then there's automatically? If you're going to say Quality>Quantity, say why one is better.

And I really hope it isn't "Because they're admins" because not only is that a massive authority fallacy, but so is Dark, and so is Medeus.

Also, i would like some clarifications.

1. How does pneuma and malos scale to the architect? I don't recall any such line in the game.

2. Is architect from xc2 really as powerful as zanza from xc1? I know they are the halves of the same being, but it doesn't mean they have equal power.

3.Is the architect's statement about endless universes reliable? It is stated only once.

4. Did alvis created ALL the universes? Where it is said?

Alrighty Iseei, I'll explain things for ya.

• Aion is what helps them scale to Klaus for as we know, Aion can at least compete with Klaus.
  • Klaus isn't as powerful as Zanza in terms of AP but he does logically scale to be equal to Zanza's soul which does have that levels of power.
If you want more clarification on it ask DDM, he knows more about the whole upgrade than I do.

And uh, does destroying everything in xc2 means just sinking titans ? Malos said aion would destroy humanity and sink all the titans like the kingdom of morthya.

Legitimately surprised this went through. I would've waited until we learned more about the Conduit itself. We know it's a gate-way to different dimensions/universes, but I don't think it operates the same way as say, the Zohar. However it's clearly more than just a gate-way in itself as it can provide power and was even used to reset reality. I'm skeptical if this can be applied for 2-A. 2-C at the most is what I'd give with what we know. Though ultimately I'm neutral on this as a whole because for all we know, the Conduit could be connected to god knows how many universes. And if it works similar to the Zohar, then that easily does qualify for 2-A+, but we lack the means of information to determine its true purpose and extent.

Saying the quality of his argument outward the others automatically without reasoning doesn't get you anywhere.

I asked why it was better, without stating the difference in quality the argument does not work.

DDM still has to provide evidence for his claims, if he has the scan he needs to post it.

Basicaly this, there's a need of scans to support such a claim

Tho I am pretty much neutral on this thread

Schnee One said:
<Endless
That's not infinite.
For sake of argument, I'm gonna mention that the translations for Xenoblade 2 are changed from the original source in various instances. If we can get the line from via the JP VA's translated properly we can better assess this. Xenoblade's translations do have a few mistranslated terms, but they're very few in number and most of them are changed to the flow of the VA's words.

Actually, that scene is slightly different in the JP version. This was addressed in DDM's suggestion where Klaus says infinite. Though he isn't 100% sure in case the translator that gave him it was wrong thus the possible.

There are a few instances In Blade 2 where what the JP VA's are saying differs from the English translations for sure. I'm not too sure about the legitimacy of that scene though.

That's a reason why a possible 2-A was given. if he did say infinite then it lines up with Alvis and End-Game Fiora's statements about infinite possibilities.

I have to unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

I was initially only confident about At least 2-C, but it was other statements and mostly Knight suggesting of there being possibly 2-A. Second, I doubt you guys actually read my 30 paragraph post, I literally had a bunch of scans backing up a lot of things, but I will point them out.

The Future we see is not set in stone, there are infinite possibilities based on the paths we chose. Context literally meaning an infinite number of futures. Second, I had a sca with the Japanese voices is; I heard Mugen which means infinite as opposed to the word Tsune meaning endless. Second, Endless has multiple definitions and I said it depends on context. He also says Jiku meaning Space-Time and Uchu meaning universe. And yes, their are several mistranslations from Japanese to English.

Second, Malos is well aware of the existence of alternate realities given he was one of the three core crystals of the Trinity Processor. So if he says he's destroying everything, he means everything. And we also saw in the ending upon his death, he says "All the Worlds". The Architect should be very knowledgeable regarding the cosmology of the Multiverse given he was the main person who knew about the Conduit's power and operated on them. Zanza/The Architect still has their At least 2-C durability feat which I explained in detail, since it requires looking at numerous scans back to back in order to fully understand what happened.

But in conclusion, the same Space-Time transition event gave birth to the XB1 and XB2 universes which was pretty well explained in this video. It's also heavily implied the XBX Universe was also created. It was confirmed via Elma's appearance in Land of Challenge that the XBX is one of many universes in the Xeno multiverse. The Samaarians, who are the ancient gods of the XBX universe, were also stated to have come from another universe. Implying their possible survivors from the same Multiversal event from XB1 and XB2 origin stories. I also can't find a video, but from what I heard, one of many quotes the Nopon Archsage said is "There are as many worlds as there are possibilities". Confirming Infinite Possibilities = Infinite universes if the scan is found rather than just possibilities. There's also the possible translation above.

There's also Alvis numerous statements about the Monado having the power to warp/disrupt the very fabric of all existence. Or the in depth lore of ether of literally everything that exists being ether. Which is made very consistent in every Xeno game. Including Xenosaga. Alvis is also a literal Omniscient deity who has no reason to be lying about such details.

Lastly, the parts I wanted to save for later were the possibilities of Xenosaga being canon to Xenoblade. Which is also backed up by numerous sources I linked in my previous comment both scans from in game and from official guidebooks/extended lore. I really don't need to repeat myself. However, the connections could lead to an eventual 1-C upgrade scaling from this guy. The fact that Kos-Mos seems to know a lot about Zohar and has memories carried over from Xenosaga and the scans confirming plot lines and lore from Xenosaga does indicate these stuff.

I'm in a hurry for work again, so this is all I have to say for now. But I may elaborate further.

I doesn't seem too fair for DDM to have to repeat himself for the third time, so I recommend looking back on his earlier posts for further elaboration on some points to those who are still skeptical of the upgrades.

"Second, Malos is well aware of the existence of alternate realities given he was one of the three core crystals of the Trinity Processor. So if he says he's destroying everything, he means everything. And we also saw in the ending upon his death, he says "All the Worlds". The Architect should be very knowledgeable regarding the cosmology of the Multiverse given he was the main person who knew about the Conduit's power and operated on them. Zanza/The Architect still has their At least '2-C durability feat which I explained in detail, since it requires looking at numerous scans back to back in order to fully understand what happened."

. He clearly refered to alrest. His quote was "I am an aegis......born to erase existence....Our one and only purpose. Destroy humanity. Destroy the world..... And then....destroy the architect!""

https://youtu.be/GJkFvgZIHEs?t=118

He never said ALL EXISTENCE. He merely said existence, which could just mean sinking the titans to the cloud sea as malos implied later. Proves he was refering to alrest itself.

"https://youtu.be/9mEGacRpdJo?t=2356

https://youtu.be/9mEGacRpdJo?t=2374

https://youtu.be/9mEGacRpdJo?t=2378

Malos: "Alrest will suffer the same fate...."

So, what does malos imply? Artiface aion would SINK the titans to the cloud sea?

Mikhail: "I know that jin wants to erase everything...but everything can mean EVERYTHING, right?" His reaction on seeing the kingdom of morthya. Here, "Everything" in xenoblade 2 probably means that the titans themselves.

Also, the 1-C thing...

Let's say mythra awakened a portion of pneuma's power at torna. 1/10000 of 1-C is still 1-C. If she was really 1-C and was berserk, she would have erased alrest by just existing. Yet, her uncontrolled power only just destroyed the CORES of three titans - didn't completely destroy them-and sank them to the cloud sea. And for that she has been called the destroyer of world.

"There's also Alvis numerous statements about the Monado having the power to warp/disrupt the very fabric of all existence. Or the in depth lore of ether of literally everything that exists being ether. Which is made very consistent in every Xeno game. Including Xenosaga."

Then again, the fabric of EXISTENCE. Not ALL existence.

Defination of existence:

the fact or state of living or having objective reality.

"the organization has been in existence for fifteen years"

Existence can refer to any object. An ant. A dust particle. Anything. If it was ALL existence, then it might be 2-B to 2-A. ).

Also, Why there should be 2-C durability of malos and pneuma? She dodged all hits from aion in the cutscenes. And she was blown away from a single blast from ophion.

Anyway....i will make a lengthier post later. Tired for now.

The real cal howard said:
Infinite possibilities doesn't mean infinite worlds, even when taken literally. They're just that: possibilities.
Wait, what? If the possibilities are literally real, why wouldnt they be worlds?

Because you'd have to prove that the possibilities are worlds.

There's an infinite amount of possibilities of the combinations of letters I'm about to type in the next paragraph. But it doesn't mean there's a world where I type them all. Instead, there's just this world, where I type:

SubToPewds

The thing is, the possibilities are infinite. And infinite divided by anything finite is still infinite. If there's an infinite amount of possibilities, part of those possibilities would have to be worlds or else it wouldn't be infinite to begin with.

In other words, infinite possibilities means anything is possible. Which means infinite worlds would be possible.

You have to prove that those possibilities exist as alternate worlds. It's pretty clear in that context possibilities was referred to as the choices people make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back