• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommended Characters in Outer Space
There is some confusion regarding certain evidence. During BFDI 20, Gardening Hero, all the first season characters appeared as recommended characters to react to the Announcer mentioning that an eliminated contestant was going to rejoin. They were called "Evil BFDI Cast", Entire BFDI Cast" and "BFDI Contestant". There seemed to be some confusion regarding whether this being evidence for the actual characters having the abilities they would have for surviving in outer space is usable or worth being used, which ended up having the evidence mostly be deleted, leaving the profiles of Woody and Pen with potentially missing information. I think we should establish the validity of the information in this thread.

My stance: If a recommended character is supposed to be a contestant and is identical to that contestant, then it might as well be the contestant. Many times such as with "Uncapped Marker" or "Sad Cake", the actual contestants have been used to depict recommended characters that are supposed to be them with a certain attribute, so I think the feat of the characters being in outer space as recommended characters should be accurate to them as contestants. Also, it was brought up in revisions that the characters don't need Self-Sustenance listed because they have Inorganic Physiology, but all the other contestants with Inorganic Physiology have always had Self-Sustenance listed with a more definite feat of theirs as evidence, so I don't think Woody and Pen should be exceptions.

The Bugs
There is an inaccuracy on the profile for the bugs. The bugs have only shown poisonous attributes as of BFDIA, season 2, yet the ability is listed in the season 1 part of the Powers and Abilities section. The ability should be moved to the proper location.

Non-Physical Interaction for Cloudy
I noticed that, during BFB 16, The Escape from Four, when the contestant still in the competition were trying to pull the eliminated contestants out of Four, Cloudy was pulling on Lightning. Going along with the logic of other profiles, this should give Cloudy the Non-Physical Interaction ability.

TPOT 2: The Worst Day of Black Hole's Life
Here is my list of changes that this episode should give to the characters that have profiles.

To be fair, everyone is an inanimate object so them having Self-Sustenance would be redundant given their physiology which includes said ability. The reason why the bugs get Poison Manipulation in Season 1 was because it was only mentioned in Season 2 that the bugs became immune to fire, but nothing states if they also gained the ability to poison. Given how the bugs were easily killing contestants in groups, they were pretty much getting poisoned to death as they were being eaten.

Every other ability should be fine to add.

To be fair, everyone is an inanimate object so them having Self-Sustenance would be redundant given their physiology which includes said ability. The reason why the bugs get Poison Manipulation in Season 1 was because it was only mentioned in Season 2 that the bugs became immune to fire, but nothing states if they also gained the ability to poison. Given how the bugs were easily killing contestants in groups, they were pretty much getting poisoned to death as they were being eaten.
In that case, the plan should be to remove Self-Sustenance from all of the object character profiles. However, I feel like this might be ambiguous because the object characters also have properties of life-forms such as the ability to eat food using mouths. I suppose the blend of inanimate attributes and life-form attributes is because of Toon Force, so I probably shouldn't overthink this too much and should just go with the plan of removing Self-Sustenance.

Edit: I misread your message about the bugs, so I initially had a response here that was off track. You're probably correct about this.
Every other ability should be fine to add.
That's great. 👍

Last edited:
To be fair, everyone is an inanimate object so them having Self-Sustenance would be redundant given their physiology which includes said ability.
I can note a couple of things notably it's seen that objects need air inconsistently notably in bfb 20 Gelatin breaks open a window causing all the air to get sucked out rendering the characters unable to breathe, Freesmart suffocated numerous times when having to drive through the Goiky Canal in BFDIA 5D this is generally inconsistent given what else has been mentioned with a good amount of episodes taking place in space with characters having no problems breathing up there

in bfb 20 Gelatin breaks open a window causing all the air to get sucked out rendering the characters unable to breathe
Them being unable to breathe at that time was considered Plot-Induced Stupidity given how in various previous episodes like Gardening Hero, The Long Lost Yoyle City, Four Goes Too Far, etc, those same contestants could breathe in space without any issue.
Freesmart suffocated numerous times when having to drive through the Goiky Canal in BFDIA 5D
This one is fair, but I’m pretty sure being able to breathe in space yet being unable to breathe underwater would still warrant Self-Sustenance.

This one is fair, but I’m pretty sure being able to breathe in space yet being unable to breathe underwater would still warrant Self-Sustenance.
Would it? it is defined as being able to live without the use of oxygen and from what I have provided since they can die from suffocation due to the lack of oxygen

Would it? it is defined as being able to live without the use of oxygen and from what I have provided since they can die from suffocation due to the lack of oxygen
I’m sure that whole drowning sequence was a giant joke thrown in there, if they were able to survive without oxygen then it wouldn’t work well. In the same breath they also climbed yoyle mountain which extended quite far above the Earth into space.

Okay, so I think this thread is ready to be approved by a staff member that can do so. I'll list the revisions I plan on doing, so I can conclude this thread.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back