• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best striking strenght feat (real life) by unarmed human?

Hello everyone, I was wondering something. The famous rugbyman Jonah Lomu had a mass of 120 kg (for a height of 196 cm) and could run 100 meters in 11 seconds. Therefore (if I'm not doing a mistake) if he ran at you at full speed to charge you, then the shock should be around 4 000 joules (which is street level + or tier 9-C).

Apparently some persons said he could impact you as much as a Twingo (a small french car) launched at 27 km/h.

I wanted to know if another human (in real life and without any weapon) could produce a similar or superior amount of joule.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Using Usain Bolt's weight of 94 kg, and his top speed of 12.51 m/s, he could produce 7355.5 joules of energy in a charge. But that is assuming he can hit you with his whole weight.

According to this page, Jona Lomu could produce 7260 joules via charging, not just 4000, but even then that is not Street level+, in order to be Street level+ you need to produce 7650 joules of energy.

Oh boy, mate. You just lowballed Jonah big time.

When he hit Mike Catt in 1995, he was measured to be travelling at 42 kph at moment of impact. That is equal to 11.7 m/s. Plugging that into Therefir's calculator, that means he hit Catt with 8213.4 J. That puts him nicely into Street level+.

He was also compared to a bus travelling at 10kph, or just over 2.7 m/s. Using the bus weight of 20,000 pounds, that makes his force supposedly 34,999.5 J, putting him at Wall level

A lot of animals are Street level+/Wall level because of their charge, so I don't see the problem of upgrading Composite Human to Street level+.

That guy can move pretty fast despite his weight and height.

There are some issues with that, though. That measurement of his speed was done by Sky TV, who aren't the most scientific group around.

Crimson Azoth said:
Oh boy, mate. You just lowballed Jonah big time.
When he hit Mike Catt in 1995, he was measured to be travelling at 42 kph at moment of impact. That is equal to 11.7 m/s. Plugging that into Therefir's calculator, that means he hit Catt with 8213.4 J. That puts him nicely into Street level+.
Damn, that's crazy! I knew he was able to do 100 meters in 11 seconds so I stupidly simplified the calc to 9 meters per second. But yeah normally I should have used the top speed. That's incredible for a human to be street level +. Over 8 000 joules!

Also if I said he was street level + when I thought he was at 4 000 more or less, it's because of this thread: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Numbersguy/Average_punch_of_an_MMA_fighter

Apparently when it was created, in order to be street level + only 2 500 joules were required (considering comments).

Anyway I don't think we have a better record for an unarmed human (especially since he knew how to tackle and charge)!

Also, the Twingo comparasion puts his strength at 22,218.8 J, or Wall level, but I'd take that with a grain of salt considering what we just found out. Plus, reversing the KE calculation makes his speed at almost 20 m/s. Superhuman speed for a 120 kg rugby player? Nope.

Yeah, I don't think we should use any comparative statements like that. Saying that it's street level with street level+ tackles seems fine.

Nope. The closest anyone gets, in my knowledge, is the All Black Waisake Naholo. In 2016, when his weight was 108 kg (big boy), he was clocked as travelling at 12.2 m/s for a second when scoring a try against the Wallabies in Dunedin. If a Wallaby attempted to tackle him at that moment, he would get hit with 8037.36 joules of force. Not as powerful as Jonah, but pretty powerful.

Maybe we could have two separate statistics for Composite Human, one for regular attacks, and one for "his" charge?

I agree that the comparison with the Twingo was exagerated (that affirmation didn't come from me ... it was something I read somewhere). Also I agree with Ant: I think it would be a good idea to separate regular attacks and charged attacks for Composite Human 's profile

I agree with Ant. A charge is something completely different from a punch, and should be separated as such

So is somebody experienced willing to update the page?

I'll do it, since no one else seems to want to (sigh).

So, this will update CH to have Street level+ tackles for Striking Strength.

Well, according to Therefir above, a tackle would only reach high Street level.

I was under the impression that the prefix High was being phased out, to be replaced with the suffix +, and that the two had the same meaning. Was that incorrect?

Yeah, it was shown here:

Example: If a character is in the upper range of a tier such as Solar System level, said character will be listed as "Solar System level+", not "High Solar System level".

I didn't mean that you should write the word "high", just that the tackle almost, but not quite, reaches Street level+.

It does, though. The arithmetic mean of Street level is 7.35 kilojoules, whereas this feat is 8.2 kilojoules.

You seem to be correct. I read Therefir's first post, but forgot about the rest.

However, you will need to write the calculation in a blog, so we have something to link to.

Ok then. Will do. However, it is very late where I live, so I really need to sleep. I'll get on to it first thing tomorrow morning.

Back