• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berdly fights literally just a real falcon.

by the way would monsters having no blood and stuff make it so that he...doesn't really have vital points?
Not having blood =/= Not having nerves, organs, bones, etc.
Plus, the source of the claim is what seems to be a small child asking if humans are "made of blood", implying they're all blood, which could mean that by contrast, Monsters are partially blood.
Or the rabbit is just uninformed/misinformed, but usually creators don't fill dialogue with pointless lies; It'd be a waste of time & effort, & dialogue is there to tell players something. That the intended message is just "This monster child, or many, are extremely uninformed about how Monster & Human biology compare." seems slightly less probable, IMHO.
I mean we just have never really seen any kind of situation where a monster gets stabbed in the chest or something and they're like "aaaaaahhhh I'm bleeding out"
maybe I'm reading too much into it tho
Relatedly, there's an unused animation file of Susie scraping herself & bleeding.
Plus, I think Susie says "Everybody bleeds" at one point.

Not having blood =/= Not having nerves.
Plus, the source of the claim is what seems to be a small child asking if humans are "made of blood", implying they're all blood, which could mean that by contrast, Monsters are partially blood.

Relatedly, there's an unused animation file of Susie scraping herself & bleeding.
Plus, I think Susie says "Everybody bleeds" at one point.
unused
+ common figure of speech

Yes, I know. Unused. I SAID it was Unused in my own post, & I know the implications of that for us, even if I don't know WHY it's unused.
+ common figure of speech
If monsters didn't have blood at all, then NOBODY would bleed. This would be a rather bizarre phrase to enter into the common vernacular in a practically all-Monster society.
Googling the phrase "Everybody bleeds", it certainly doesn't seem that common, either.
At best, it was inherited from human media, but it'd be bizarre for it to enter useage by monsters if they didn't have blood to bleed; Its useage would be counterintuitive.

Yes, I know. Unused. I SAID it was Unused in my own post, & I know the implications of that for us, even if I don't know WHY it's unused.

If monsters didn't have blood at all, then NOBODY would bleed. This would be a rather bizarre phrase to enter into the common vernacular in a practically all-Monster society.
Googling the phrase "Everybody bleeds", it certainly doesn't seem that common, either.
At best, it was inherited from human media, but it'd be bizarre for it to enter useage by monsters if they didn't have blood to bleed; Its useage would be counterintuitive.
one word
darkners

one word
darkners
What about them? When did we or Susie see a Darkner bleed?

There's also the dialogue from The Warrior:
  • This castle's WHITE WIZARDs relegated me to this HEALING CHAMBER...
  • But my BLOOD is BOILING FOR BATTLE!!!

• THE PIZZA'S SAUCE IS BOILING RED.
  • BURBLING, BURNING LIKE MY BLOOD YEARNS FOR BATTLE!!!

He's not exactly the most serious source, but in contrast to the rabbit child, he implies Monsters DO have blood.

What about them? When did we or Susie see a Darkner bleed?

There's also the dialogue from The Warrior:
  • This castle's WHITE WIZARDs relegated me to this HEALING CHAMBER...
  • But my BLOOD is BOILING FOR BATTLE!!!

• THE PIZZA'S SAUCE IS BOILING RED.
  • BURBLING, BURNING LIKE MY BLOOD YEARNS FOR BATTLE!!!

He's not exactly the most serious source, but in contrast to the rabbit child, he implies Monsters DO have blood.
joking implication vs what is basically a statement

joking implication
The Warrior, comical as he may be presented, speaks very seriously. I doubt he's joking about blood.
vs what is basically a statement
A statement that's contradicted by Susie saying "Everybody bleeds" when Darkners have never been shown to bleed & she's lived most of her life around Monsters.
Plus, the "statement" is a rabbit child monster asking if it "hurts to be made of blood", which doesn't suggest they're much more reliable, & humans being "made of" blood doesn't mean Monsters have none. & if they do have blood, even if it's only part of them, then Susie's statement supports that.

so are you saying darkners bleed or don't
My opinion is that Light World Monsters are distinct from Darkners, & that we don't know if Darkners bleed or even have blood.

& Susie saying "Everybody bleeds" is part of her reassuring Lancer by telling them that anyone who gets in their way, they'll get rid of with violence.

* Are you sure there... isn't another way home?
* The FOUNTAIN is being guarded right now.
* If you try to go there, um...
* Y... You might... get hurt. And...
* What? C'mon, Lancer.
* NO ONE's gonna beat a team like us!
* If anyone gets in our way, all we gotta do...
* ... is CRUSH them.
* ... but w-what if you had to fight...
* Everybody bleeds, right? Don't worry about it.
* Whoever it is, they'll be cold on the ground before you can blink.

So it could have been a figure of speech she picked up from human media, or she was speaking based on her experience living among Monsters which may actually bleed.
But the supporting evidence against Monster's bleeding is a small child asking if it hurts to be made of blood, which implies this child thinks humans are wholely made of blood. So it may be that monsters are only known to be partially made of blood, which would make Susie saying "everybody bleeds" make sense.

Last edited:
If that is the case, then such information on the profile needs to be corrected. But Street Level begins at 100 Joules, so even without reaching 3,600 Joules, the bird can achieve it.
It usually attacks without the dives, but with it's frontal speed.
Addressed earlier. We don't know where into BAH it is, & it has justifications, & BAH probably can't be baseline because that'd be 0 joules.
Ergo, we don't know if it's in one-shot range.
Baseline Berdly is 40 joules, so he could easily be in survivable range.
Not to mention I'm pretty sure even with momentums, falcons can dodge people trying to hit them.
(& if it's using its horizontal flight speed, it's lowest speed for that is more than twice Berdly's highest speed.)
Peregrine Falcons are in several lower weight classes than Berdly is, again, this is a falcon vs a 30 times heavier Falcon with human intellect.
Then what would you argue it uses? They don't normally hunt prey this large, AFAIK.
What would it do, as opposed to flying away to prepare a dive-bomb?
It uses the dive to attach its claws, it won't do it to an aware target, as shown earlier.
In theory, but not usually with a single hit, I'd assume, & certainly not a 10-B who doesn't even make "Athletic Human".
Hollow bones are a real bitch. A hit from a human would render the Falcon's flight ability useless, thus, allowing an easy kill.
While I can believe that, do we have any documentation for this?
Yes. Humans can swing at 11m/s
STOMP on a mid-air target?
If he grabs, dodges, as the falcon has to go down to Berdly's height to attack.
While I can believe this might be accurate, arguments about whether the falcon would dive or claw makes me wish we had more documentation on the behaviour. Dare I ask your source on this behavioural info?
Yes. It uses it's frontal speed rather than it's 300km dive for obviously reasons, and you can see it tried to apply its claw.

It usually attacks without the dives, but with it's frontal speed.

Peregrine Falcons are in several lower weight classes than Berdly is, again, this is a falcon vs a 30 times heavier Falcon with human intellect.

It uses the dive to attach its claws, it won't do it to an aware target, as shown earlier.

Hollow bones are a real bitch. A hit from a human would render the Falcon's flight ability useless, thus, allowing an easy kill.

Yes. Humans can swing at 11m/s

If he grabs, dodges, as the falcon has to go down to Berdly's height to attack.

Yes. It uses it's frontal speed rather than it's 300km dive for obviously reasons, and you can see it tried to apply its claw.
Thanks for the information.

Nah, I have to go with the falcon.
Yes, Berdly could kill it with LS if he can grab it, but that's way harder said than done.
Go ahead, go outside as an average nerd and snipe a falcon out of the air with a rock, or even catch one that's landed.

If it slams into his head he's gonna be done for.

Pretty sure the reasoning for falcon winning have been contested, so I don't think this vote counts at all. Also you don't call grace, the OP does.
You can't just cancel out people's votes by disagreeing with them.
And nobody needs to "call grace".
It happens automatically when one side has at least 7 votes, with a 3 vote difference.

Nah, I have to go with the falcon.
Yes, Berdly could kill it with LS if he can grab it, but that's way harder said than done.
Go ahead, go outside as an average nerd and snipe a falcon out of the air with a rock, or even catch one that's landed.

If it slams into his head he's gonna be done for.
First, absolutely not. Birds don't do that, PERIOD.
Second, That would INSTANTLY kill the bird too, Berdly might survive depending on how it hits him.

Berdly literally outsmarts the bird, again, you're arguing that a bird beats a "normal" human being in a match where both are willing to kill each other. That's absurd on its own

You can't just cancel out people's votes by disagreeing with them.
And nobody needs to "call grace".
It happens automatically when one side has at least 7 votes, with a 3 vote difference.
"fra" is invalid because the reasoning, and the one who provided said reasoning have been refuted. The reasoning itself changed several times.

First, absolutely not. Birds don't do that, PERIOD.
Second, That would INSTANTLY kill the bird too, Berdly might survive depending on how it hits him.
I just saw the video where it slammed-and-jammed that duck, why couldn't it do that to someone's head?
Berdly literally outsmarts the bird, again, you're arguing that a bird beats a "normal" human being in a match where both are willing to kill each other. That's absurd on its own
Implying I find it unbelievable that a normal human could lose to an animal just because it's smaller.
Don't make me list examples because the list would be too long, even removing poison.
I think you overhype yourself in the animal kingdom.
"fra" is invalid because the reasoning, and the one who provided said reasoning have been refuted. The reasoning itself changed several times.
Again, you disagreeing with their reasoning doesn't invalidate their vote.

I mean if someone's argument is good, then sure let it change your vote, but don't act like anybody who disagrees suddenly isn't allowed to vote.

I just saw the video where it slammed-and-jammed that duck, why couldn't it do that to someone's head?
HUH?
First, that'd require knowledge, precision, and knowing where to hit.

It's a ******* bird, my guy. Plus, THAT slam would do shit to a 70kg Human Being. A slam at 360km/h (which they are NOT able to keep in a foward momentum and takes a lot of prep time) might kill a human yes, but would also kill the bird.

The bird is not doing a 360km/h slam, a lesser one wouldn't do shit, nor does it have the intelligence to "go for the head", I don't know if that's news to you, but falcons usually don't hunt humans, or human-sized birds.

Your reasoning is simply impossible.
Implying I find it unbelievable that a normal human could lose to an animal just because it's smaller.
Don't make me list examples because the list would be too long, even removing poison.
I think you overhype yourself in the animal kingdom.
You shouldn't even consider poison in the first place.

yes, it's absolutely unreasonable to say that a 60cm bird kills a human before the human can kill the bird. That's beyond stupid, birds are the most fragile animals when it comes to blunt damage. Berdly needs ONE punch, or slam to cripple his flying ability.
Again, you disagreeing with their reasoning doesn't invalidate their vote.
They DON'T have a reasoning. FRA is not a reasoning, the person behind said reasoning isn't even vouching for it in the first place.

They have to give reasoning to vote, end of story.

They DON'T have a reasoning. FRA is not a reasoning, the person behind said reasoning isn't even vouching for it in the first place.

They have to give reasoning to vote, end of story.
FRA is a reasoning.
It's a borrowed reasoning, but still a reasoning.
FRA is pretty standard practice on the wiki. If you disagree with it, lobby for a versus thread rule.
The fact that the person who made the argument changed their mind isn't relevant either. The people before that are still agreeing with their original reasoning. They don't speak for everyone else anymore than those other people originally agreed to.

FRA is a reasoning.
It's a borrowed reasoning, but still a reasoning.
FRA is pretty standard practice on the wiki. If you disagree with it, lobby for a versus thread rule.
The fact that the person who made the argument changed their mind isn't relevant either. The people before that are still agreeing with their original reasoning. They don't speak for everyone else anymore than those other people originally agreed to.
You can't use FRA if the reasoning is not being considered VALID and has been refuted. What kind of stupidity is this?

"Well, it doesn't matter if the reasoning behind it has been refuted, and the one who provided said reasoning doesn't agree with it anymore, thus, making it invalid, they can still do a "FRA""

Nope.

"Please state valid reasons for why a battle should go a certain way when posting in a versus thread.",

FRA is invalid because the reasoning has been deemed as invalid.

Different bird. Also that person didn't stomp the bird like you're implying, it seemed to put them in quite a predicament.
Doesn't really prove anything. I don't even know if it was trying to kill them.
Larger, stronger bird, and yet "a smaller one can one shot a human". Yes, because that person wasn't trying to kill the bird.

Nah, get that shit outta here.

You can't use FRA if the reasoning is not being considered VALID and has been refuted. What kind of stupidity is this?

"Well, it doesn't matter if the reasoning behind it has been refuted, and the one who provided said reasoning doesn't agree with it anymore, thus, making it invalid, they can still do a "FRA""

Nope.

"Please state valid reasons for why a battle should go a certain way when posting in a versus thread.",

FRA is invalid because the reasoning has been deemed as invalid.
Deemed by you.
It's not like their argument was "The falcon wins because it can teleport."
They made real arguments.

I personally think that bird would **** me up.
Larger, stronger bird, and yet "a smaller one can one shot a human". Yes, because that person wasn't trying to kill the bird.

Nah, get that shit outta here.
You're too obsessed with size. This bird has a completely different method of attack, and I don't think it would necessarily one-shot, but it could certainly get Berdly bloody enough for a draw at least.

Birds don't normally kill people, this is true, but birds normally aren't trying.

Back