• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

+++ 9-A Swiss style Tournament: Breaking conventions +++: Round 3; Match 11: Helltaker vs Spampton NEO

This is a 10-round Swiss-style tournament!!! (Link to Tournament page)
Round 3; Match 11: Helltaker vs Spamton NEO
in Geneva of course

1920px-Geneve_2005_001_Ork.ch.jpg

Match Rules:
  • Speed is equalized
  • All optional equipment is allowed that is up to 9-A
  • Takes place in the center of Gevena at Sunrise
  • 70 meters starting distance
  • No Prep nor Prior Knowledge
  • The city is abandoned for these matches so no outside help
  • BFR, Death Manip, and other passive One-Shot Hax have been mostly banned
  • For more info go to the main Tournament page
  • For Darkner match ... just say a Dark fountained appeared in Gevena and both are fighting in the Cyber world
CharactersAttack PotencyVotes
The Helltaker (Helltaker)0.023 Tons of TNT0
Spamton NEO (Deltarune)0.07557574083556406 Tons of TNT4
Inconclusive2

Last edited:
Spamton mainly fights using Danmaku soul attacks, energy blasts, and pipis. He can also heal himself with pipis and drastically raise his defense with the Bluelight Specil, but he usually uses it as a last resort.

Spamton mainly fights using Danmaku soul attacks, energy blasts, and pipis. He can also heal himself with pipis and drastically raise his defense with the Bluelight Specil, but he usually uses it as a last resort.
Would Helltaker be able to dodge the Danmaku via Analytical Prediction? I'm not that knowledgable on Helltaker, so idk how powerful this Analytical Perdiction is

What wincon does the helltaker even have
ok so um he should easily dodge given he dodges much faster stuff (Judgement chains)

he basically can try to slowly whittle spampton NEO away ... or outlast him since he has higher stamina

(also just saying every match in round 3 is getting a +1 week more time just b/c I wasn't there)

Helltaker FRA

he basically can try to slowly whittle spampton NEO away
If Spamton's defense is low, he'll use the Bluelight Specil, which will raise his defense to the point of being almost impossible to be damaged by Kris, who has higher AP than Helltaker. Though the downside of it is that his AP will drop and he'll probably barely be able to hurt Helltaker.

If Spamton's defense is low, he'll use the Bluelight Specil, which will raise his defense to the point of being almost impossible to be damaged by Kris, who has higher AP than Helltaker. Though the downside of it is that his AP will drop and he'll probably barely be able to hurt Helltaker.
his stamina still is low so helltaker can outlast him that way

either way it's either incon or helltaker win

I think this is an Incon because of Helltaker's lower AP than Kris, who could barely hurt Bluelight Specil Spamton NEO.

Switching my vote to Incon FRA.

Okay so.

1. NEO has a nearly 3.3x AP advantage, hundreds of meter range advantage, soul danmaku which would tear apart HT in 2 or 3 hits, flight which means he's rarely (if ever) going to be hit throughout the fight, and then play turtle if he gets damaged enough (while also automatically healing each turn)

2. HT has analytical prediction which makes dealing with danmaku easier, and a semi-questionable stamina advantage which I think won't even be a factor to this fight cue Bluelight Specil

Right off the bat Helltaker immediately gets outranged due to the 70 meter gap, and doesn't even have a ranged weapon to deal with some of the nigh-unavoidable attacks that require you to shoot it. If that's not enough, Spamton's final attack makes HT's analytical prediction moot since it's a huge AoE that not only sucks him up, but can only be stopped by shooting it, which Helltaker does not have the luxury, so Spamton would proceed to just eat him and do soul damage.

Only other way I can see this being an incon would be for Helltaker to just run and hide in the big ass city then draw the fight out long enough to become a stalemate, but in any other case, I'm voting for Spamton

Okay so.

1. NEO has a nearly 3.3x AP advantage, hundreds of meter range advantage, soul danmaku which would tear apart HT in 2 or 3 hits, flight which means he's rarely (if ever) going to be hit throughout the fight, and then play turtle if he gets damaged enough (while also automatically healing each turn)

2. HT has analytical prediction which makes dealing with danmaku easier, and a semi-questionable stamina advantage which I think won't even be a factor to this fight cue Bluelight Specil

Right off the bat Helltaker immediately gets outranged due to the 70 meter gap, and doesn't even have a ranged weapon to deal with some of the nigh-unavoidable attacks that require you to shoot it. If that's not enough, Spamton's final attack makes HT's analytical prediction moot since it's a huge AoE that not only sucks him up, but can only be stopped by shooting it, which Helltaker does not have the luxury, so Spamton would proceed to just eat him and do soul damage.

Only other way I can see this being an incon would be for Helltaker to just run and hide in the big ass city then draw the fight out long enough to become a stalemate, but in any other case, I'm voting for Spamton
Vote counted. I'll also retract my vote for Incon until this debate is concluded

Spamton FRA
Analytical prediction against faster objects doesn't help with closed space danmaku very well, not to mention that when Spamton's pipis explodes HT would get a face full of ultra fast spamton faces which would tear his soul to shreds

Spamton FRA
Analytical prediction against faster objects doesn't help with closed space danmaku very well, not to mention that when Spamton's pipis explodes HT would get a face full of ultra fast spamton faces which would tear his soul to shreds
Vote counted

Spamton FRA
but his analytical preiction literally helped against a close space danmaku boss fight (plus the speed he can react is x50)

Back