• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben Tennyson (Alien Force and Omniverse) Speed Upgrade.

Most Ben forms have Relativistic speed, so this does not affect their speed ratings.

Seems like an outlier, don't you think? IIRC Ben doesn't dodge lasers consistently enough to make him Relativistic.

I also think that it seems like an outlier.

@Liger @Ant

I'm not saying that I want Ben to be relativistic or anything like that. I'm pretty iffy about it too tbh since IIRC both Dwayne and Derrick have stated that Ben's just a normal human with normal human abilities at some point or other, but there have been more instances where he's done stuff that's just, not normal. For example, here's another time he dodges lasers after they've been fired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ccgoFDhbo at 8:30

IIRC there was another time where he was fine after getting shot by Aggregor's radiation beam and having a slab of concrete fall on him, and he's like, knocked out one of those amped Forever Knights that show up towards the end of Ultimate Alien with one punch in human form.

So what do you think?

Well, it is up to Liger to decide. He is the Ben 10 expert.

Yeah that's fair enough, though here's my opinion after thinking about it some more and rewatching the scene :

I think this should be an outlier. In the scene where Manny shoots at Ben, one shot clearly lands near him and he hasn't registered it yet. He only starts moving after said shot lands. As for the scene where he's running in a zigzag to avoid the blasts, well this can be summed up to Ben being pretty good at AIM dodging. Why? Because he's already moving around the area, hiding himself and observing Manny by the time Manny turns around. We also know that Manny not landing even one of shots isn't completely because of Ben. Manny tends to fire randomly in the general direction of his foe when using his pistols and relies on the fact that he has four pistols firing in the same direction to actually hit.

Manny's firing start's at around 18:10

That leaves only the OV scene which makes it, AFAIK, the only scene throughout the 4 series where Ben dodges lasers after they're fired. So IMHO guess it could be an outlier.

That's just my 2 cents though. Like you said we'll wait for Liger to decide.

Back