• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta vs The Ashen One

Bayonetta SSB4 Bayo1
Let's dance, boys!

AshenOneRender
Only, in truth... The Lords will abandon their thrones... And the Unkindled will rise. Nameless, accursed Undead, unfit even to be cinder. And so it is, that ash seeketh embers.

Rules: Both Combatants at High 4-C
Speed is Equalized

Who Wins and Why?

Bayonetta:

Ashen One: 1

Inconclusive:

Stomp:

Note: Despite the picture; this is Bayonetta 2 Bayo with Omne; If it turns out ot be a stomp for Ashen. However If it's a stomp for Bayo. She will be changed to the Bayonetta 1 Version.

On a seperate note Low 2-C Bayonetta needs to happen

The Ashen One has two things that give Dimensional Travel:

The White Sign Soapstone, which lets him cast a soul sign that is sent into other worlds so that other people can summon him into them, but its completely dependent on other people actually doing so and thus not a reliable means of Dimensional Travel in combat

The Red Eye Orb, which does allow the Ashen One to dimensional travel at will, but it takes him to a completely random world to face a completely random opponent, so again not exactly viable in combat

Very much so, her demonic contract requires that she regularly send opponents to Inferno as a sacrifice to maintain her bond with Madama Butterfly otherwise she will lose her powers as an Umbra Witch (Though these sacrifices usually to not go directly to Madama Butterfly) and she's used BFR even on fodder Angels like Beloved as well as Sages like Balder

All of her opponents are alive actually, she just tends to main them so badly that they cant resist being BFRed

Following, I had thought about this match but its really a question of if Bayo can get around lol rez or not. Reminds me when I tried Ashen vs Novel Kars

Ashen can teleport from different dimensions like fake Firelink Shrine or Wolnir's boss fight place. Or Ariandel is also a different dimension, because it's a "painted world", and Ashen can teleport easily from there.

The Homeward Miracle cant be used in combat though, and teleporting to a bonfire or the Firelink Shrine would be self-BFR as he'd no longer be on the battlefield

Wait there won't be a bonfire nearby? I thought there was one due to SBA, at least that was discussed in the Kenshiro thread iirc.

Also I'm tempted to try Low 2-C Bayo vs Novel Kars now lol

Also both the Homeward Bone and the Coiled Sword Fragment can be interrupted and even if he made it back to the battlefield there's not really much stopping Bayonetta from BFRing him again and destroying the Bonfire

WeeklyBattles said:
The Homeward Miracle cant be used in combat though, and teleporting to a bonfire or the Firelink Shrine would be self-BFR as he'd no longer be on the battlefield
...I feel you argued against this at some point. Was that ever actually resolved in a thread?

And isn't the bonfire made with a really powerful sword as an anchor? I distinctly remember something about that.

Ashen can travel to destroyed bonfires. You could do that since DS1.

@Ricsi I dont believe so? Unless youre referring to something with the Hunter, but case in point the battle is taking place right next to Firelink Shrine the Ashen One teleporting there is self BFR

And again, this is all assuming that the Ashen One is able to get out of Inferno when being BFRed means that not only is he weakened, but he will be under constant attack from the demons he was BFRed by meaning that he wouldnt be able to properly use any of his teleportation stuff

If there is a bonfire around, being attacked would do anything but slow him from getting to it.

And why are they next to the shrine?

There wouldnt be a Bonfire around as he would be in an alternate universe being under constant attack from Demons and thus unable to use stuff like Homeward or the Coiled Sword to teleport to a bonfire

WeeklyBattles said:
There wouldnt be a Bonfire around as he would be in an alternate universe being under constant attack from Demons and thus unable to use stuff like Homeward or the Coiled Sword to teleport to a bonfire
If there is a bonfire where the fight starts, then if he is killed in hell he will go back to where the fight starts. There are bosses whose fight takes places in other dimensions, but dying still returns them to the bonfires.

You assume Ashen can't teleport because of the hordes of demons, but it's not unheard of to just get away from the fight and then homeward bone. It doesn't even take that long.

We've all homeward boned in the middle of fights before, it's not unheard of.

Back