• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Unfortunately Bayonetta might not get any tier alterations with this next thread. Idk, I have to find something for her

Bayo probably won't be scaling to the top tiers. Like, ever. It's pretty hard to not call the Aesir fight an outlier considering she was only barely holding her own against Loptr previously and then somehow managed to beat and harm him after he just got the strongest power up in the series.

Yeah, but atleast the verse will possibly be very strong due to the god tiers. Maybe something will happen in Bayonetta 3, I dunno.

Bayo probably won't be scaling to the top tiers. Like, ever. It's pretty hard to not call the Aesir fight an outlier considering she was only barely holding her own against Loptr previously and then somehow managed to beat and harm him after he just got the strongest power up in the series.
It's really not that hard to argue actually, ive got a whole argument systematically debunking stuff that claim she.doesnt scale

However I don’t take Bayonetta losing to Loptr too harshly, he is essentially just Aesir, and in most instances she loses just to progress the plot:

Miss “Busts a meteor open, but gets flung to the ground by a piece of a building” Bayonetta

(crazy how those things happened in the same fight)

However I don’t take Bayonetta losing to Loptr too harshly, he is essentially just Aesir, and in most instances she loses just to progress the plot:

Miss “Busts a meteor open, but gets flung to the ground by a piece of a building” Bayonetta

(crazy how those things happened in the same fight)
She's still on his level regardless. I didn't even say she lost, I just said she barely keeps up. She downscales from loptr at worst, is equal to him at best. Loptr ascending as Aesir is treated as a pretty big deal. It sounds quite ridiculous to just say "he's essentially just Aesir." Dumb fiction mechanics and interactions don't invalidate their encounters either.

She's still on his level regardless. I didn't even say she lost, I just said she barely keeps up. She downscales from loptr at worst, is equal to him at best. Loptr ascending as Aesir is treated as a pretty big deal. It sounds quite ridiculous to just say "he's essentially just Aesir." Dumb fiction mechanics and interactions don't invalidate their encounters either.
It doesnt help that Loptr never actually beat her outright, he always had to rely on abusing the weaknesses of the Eyes to be able to beat her

I know you didn’t say that, it’s just how others take it. The form “Loptr” is the same form as Aesir, but not full powered Aesir. Which is why I’m saying her losing/being beat can make sense, he’s essentially a god tier on the level of Queen Sheba and Jubileus even without the eyes, since he has to keep the balance.

since that young child Loptr, is just Aesir assuming Loki’s form in order to trick Bayonetta.

It doesnt help that Loptr never actually beat her outright, he always had to rely on abusing the weaknesses of the Eyes to be able to beat her
Nor has Bayo ever beaten loptr herself to prove that she'd scale on a different level then her. Just the fact that he was able to casually put her in a chokehold and shoot her down is enough to say that they're on the same level.
I know you didn’t say that, it’s just how others take it. The form “Loptr” is the same form as Aesir, but not full powered Aesir. Which is why I’m saying her losing/being beat can make sense, he’s essentially a god tier on the level of Queen Sheba and Jubileus even without the eyes, since he has to keep the balance.
Loki's existence upholds that balance. The parts of Aesir are all still there, so there is no imbalance. Saying that Loptr is straight up = to Aesir contradicts all context the series possibly has to offer. Loptr before becoming Aesir is not on the level of Sheba and Jubileus because he's not the lone person who has to keep the balance in hold. All the primary components of Aesir still exist in the world of chaos, just spread out. Humanity had the eyes, and loptr and loki had the soverign and prophetic powers respectively. Loptr is not the lone person keeping the balance, so he shouldn't at all scale to the normal gods.
since that young child Loptr, is just Aesir assuming Loki’s form in order to trick Bayonetta.
Loptr isn't assuming assuming anyone's form. They're literally the same being, just split. They look the exact same physically. Loki transported himself to the future to flee Loptr, and loptr just waited him out and aged into an adult.

Loki’s existence isn’t said to hold the same balance as Aesir, especially seeing as how willing Aesir was to kill him. But then again who knows, could be another inconsistency. Aesir was not going to ruin the balance like Balder wanted to, he just wanted his original power back.

Nor has Bayo ever beaten loptr herself to prove that she'd scale on a different level then her. Just the fact that he was able to casually put her in a chokehold and shoot her down is enough to say that they're on the same level.

Loki's existence upholds that balance. The parts of Aesir are all still there, so there is no imbalance. Saying that Loptr is straight up = to Aesir contradicts all context the series possibly has to offer.

Loptr isn't assuming assuming anyone's form. They're literally the same being, just split. They look the exact same physically. Loki transported himself to the future to flee Loptr, and loptr just waited him out and aged into an adult.
The Loptr that came and fought Bayonetta on the falling clock tower, that was Aesir taking the form of Loki. Loptr = Prophet which is the same form as Aesir until he gets both eyes, he can shapeshift after all

Except th only rason h was vn abl to do so was bcaus h was forcibly activating th Lft Eye which as shown in th first game knocks hr out

Loki’s existence isn’t said to hold the same balance as Aesir, especially seeing as how willing Aesir was to kill him. But then again who knows, could be another inconsistency. Aesir was not going to ruin the balance like Balder wanted to, he just wanted his original power back.
If loptr believed that he could be dead, it was likely because the sovereign power still remained in his body.
The Loptr that came and fought Bayonetta on the falling clock tower, that was Aesir taking the form of Loki. Loptr = Prophet which is the same form as Aesir until he gets both eyes, he can shapeshift after all
Loptr/Prophet =/= Aesir actually. These are Loptr's own words. Loki and Loptr were once just straight up Aesir and ruler of the chaos realm. Then they split into two separate entities. Loptr needed both Loki's power and the eyes to become Aesir.

Loptr is not "just Aesir," he's half of him with only part of his power.

Except th only rason h was vn abl to do so was bcaus h was forcibly activating th Lft Eye which as shown in th first game knocks hr out
He caught her in a chokehold without doing anything to the eye actually. It's only the eye that knocked her out. He still restrained and blasted down Bayo without doing anything to the eye.

If you're referring to "Aesir" as full powered then yeah, he would need the eyes + Lokis power. However I'm classifying "Aesir" and full power as two different people, since he didn't need Lokis power in order to keep the balance. He needed Lokis sovereign power to control the eyes of the world. My main point was that the Loptr Bayonetta fights, is essentially a god tier type enemy, which is why it's understandable. That's all I was trying to say.

Whether you think Loki's Sovereign power is needed for balance or not, Loptr couldn't be on Sheba and Full Jubileus' level because its ridiculous to pin him as the sole person holding up balance. If anything it was the EYES that was doing that, since the whole reason the balance was thrown off to begin with was because the Right eye of the present era was lost. If anything, you could argue that Loptr has the LEAST to do with Aesir's divided power since he's essentially a self-described shell of Aesir who had to fuel up on evil emotions to have any notable strength.

(Tmw kamiya wants dante to be in bayo 3, so if we get upgraded, dante would probably scale to whatever it is) But that doesn’t matter, focusing back on irenic

Muspelheim is an infinite world inside of Paradiso, and the games established that Alfheim and Muspelheim are apart of Paradiso. Due to Muspelheim being a primordial world, and Irenic existing before history, it’s very plausible to assume that Irenic has traveled through it before.

Back