• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of two of the greatest anime swordsmen

i go with himura,

mamorus katana broken as sh*t since it cuts into molecules but i dont see him besting kenshin,

the red haired dude is way to skilled and experienced imo..

While I believe that Hijikata has the more powerful atomic cutting sword that will go through Kenshin and his sakabotou, he'll have a hard time trying to tag the battuosai. Kenshin is just too fast, and in no time he'll be able to slash through Hijikata before he can react.

First off I said he has a regular nodachi, not the atomic cutting blade.

Second, Mamoru has been training to use the sword since he could pick one up. His life as a child consisted of sleeping, eating, school and training. That's it. And he did training more then anything else. He would keep wacking a tree even after his hands were completely bloody from removed skin. He cut down many trees in his training, with just a bodachi. Experience goes to Momaru.

Yomi Schwarz said:
Btw i know this is completely unrelated but..would you mind Changing the thread title it's kind of baitey
It says "Two of the greatest". They are by far two of the greatest swordsmen. I did not say they were the best.

It says "Two of the greatest". They are by far two of the greatest swordsmen. I did not say they were the best.

Fair enough but can you at least put "(Mamoru Hijikata vs. Himura Kenshin)" at the end of the title ^_^

As it violates no guidelines and shows that I'm only saying they are two of the greatest swordsmen in anime, which isn't a lie, I see no reason to change the title.

Ok,my point was to give a mere mention of the character your using who know's who are these "Two of the greatest anime swordsmen" in question and by saying "see for yourself" is the reason i say its baitey

since i go with kenshin even with atomic sword i will go with him easy-to-mid diff in a battle where the blind man isnt using his special sword :)

Speed Equalized gives Hijikata the advantage, but ordinary nodachi kind of balances things out. But still, I think the deciding factor is going to be the blade. A Nodachi is significantly longer and heavier than a katana (which is Kenshin's standard weapon) and present day steel is undoubtedly stronger than what Kenshin would have had access to. On top of that, Hijikata is MUCH taller as well (158 cm vs 183 cm) so the range difference is just impossible to overcome. The way I see it is, eventually Kenshin will have to parry one of Hijikata's big blows, and his sword will just split in two.

The katana is a great weapon for assassinations, but not so good for one-on-ones, especially if the oponent is just as skilled as you. The nodachi though, is big and heavy - good for both offense and defence, and Hijikata has the strength and stature to weild it effectively.

So, final vote goes to Mamoru Hijikata

Back