• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the immortal dark mages: Zeref vs Galbatorix

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, Galbatorix's cloak is made of dragonhide.

Something specific about FT dragon scales that makes them absorb death magic, or is that just left as "dragon scales absorb death magic"?

Because if its the latter, I don't see a scarf being less effective than a cloak

Basically it works this way.

Drgaons have high natural resistance of magic thx to their scales. Igneel gave his scales to Anna who waited until the scales "Died" and became regular cloth and later made a normal looking muffler for Natsu.

Weird part of this is Wendy "healed" his muffler so it went back white again and Happy said something about his muffler giving his life to save Natsu. So in theory those scales are somehow "alive".

Anyway, the main reason is the magical resistance that the scales have, it looks like it absorb it cause it became black, they didn't show anything in particular.

Of course dragon scales on a dragon can't absorb it just resist it.

From what I know they only resist on physical attacks considering many dragons were defeated, while in FT no dragon was ever touched by magic if it wasn't Dragon Slaying magic in specific. So, I wouldn't compare their magic resistance at all.

Not really. Dragons have a natural resistance to magic. Part of their nature, and the reasons things like the spear used against Shruiken were created in the first place

I am not sure. Magic was shown to be pointless against Dragons in FT even face a weapon that drains all magical energy had pretty much no effect on Dragons.

Also, in all stories dragons are considered magical resistant creatures, but there is always a diffrence while in FT magic pointless unless dragon slaying magic i don't know about IC.

Also, there is the fact of Zeref being much weaker than since he couldn't even beat Ultear.

Plus Galbatorix literraly used magic on shurikan to turn him evil and help him grow. And pretty sure other times he used magic on dragons so I would say their resistance is pretty weak.

Zeref can't beat a dragon cause their resistance in FT and he is as well high 6-C(no human can beat a dragon in FT without dragon slaying magic and FT is a pretty haxxed)

Plus Galba wasn't the only one who killed dragons and similar.

That simply proves how much superior these dragons in FT are plus it's scales of Igneel who can one shot Zeref.

Acnologia has other feats, but that is Acnologia so i will leave him aside.

Meosos said:
All I wanted to know was, what happened after she knocked him out :D
He fell asleep and she was well... I thought she would rape him... Later another person was holding Zeref and when Zeref opened his eyes the other dude died.

WilliamShadow said:
He fell asleep and she was well... I thought she would rape him... Later another person was holding Zeref and when Zeref opened his eyes the other dude died.
Da ****?

Leaving all other things aside for now what makes Galbatorix's mind hax faster than Zeref's death magic?

Like seriously I discussed that for no reason as Zeref can just kill him before this guy uses mind hax on him.

^only death predator thou. His death pillar and death orb work perfectly as Ultear couldn't block or absorb his death orb.

Also, can you answer why would galb win if Zeref can insta kill. Plus his durabilty is high 7-A against high 6-C Zeref's attacks.

Zeref attacks and Galba tries mind hax. Zeref kills him and his mind hax breakes. Zeref wins np.

Monarch Laciel said:
The fact that Gal's mind hax is pretty much instant.
They are serious and going for kill so obviously first thing to do is his death words that one shot, but are pointless against Zeref.

And Zeref's death pillar is instant as well as it doesn't travel towards the opponents but attack from the point they are standing on.

Then you also have a kill via telekinesis that allows him to rise Galba's body and crush it with magic.

Wait a minute.

Earlier, it was said that Twelve Words of Death probably wouldn't work of Zeref. Can I ask what Zeref has that would imply that? Because his classification (Human, mage) and his lack of any active defense against those is telling me otherwise.

Not at all. Gal goes for mind hax over death words. Especially seeing as pretty much every magician in his world is warded against death words, so he doesn't bother with them.

He needs to put out his hands though and make the sign, like he does when he kills Hades.

As for crushing bodies, Gal's wards protect him from telekinetic effects, while Gal could do the exact same thing to Zeref simply by saying Thrysta.

@Mr King Zeref is an immortal no need to eat, drink sleep. Can't be killed even if his head is cut off etc...

Perhaps

But he can be crushed into an inert cube of meat

He can have his brain squashed within his head and made temporarily braindead

And of course, he can be mind haxed instantly and easily

Monarch saying he can protect from a high 6-C character when his durabilty is high 7-A requires a proof.

He is also arrogant apprently so might as well not even try to just mind hax from beginning.

https://m.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c445/19.html

He makes you levitate with telekinesis but crushes with magic so no wards there.

Eragon magic - if you can put that much power into attack, you can put that much into defense.

Eragon defended himself and a group of 1 child, 1 elf, 1 other dragon rider and 2 dragons from a High 7-A point blank nuclear explosion. He did this with a vast qualitative and quantitative inferiority to Galbatorix, who not only holds at least twice as many Eldurnari as Erago, each of those Eldurnari are far old and thus far more powerful than the "baby" eldurnari of Eragon.

The difference in power was determined to be enough to hit High 6-C.

So his best feat is being superior to high 7-A character. And he only has likely high 6-C. Is that really justified rating?

Also as said above Zeref crushes with magic not telekinesis he uses that just to make you levitate.

His best feat is being ridiculously superior to a High 7-A character to the point that he was completely unnaffected by even Eragon's strongest attacks.

No, the wards would protect him from that too.

And you seem to be trying to lead the argument away from Gal's instant, in character, overwhelming mind hax.

It's completely in character for him to use mind hax first thing

Sorry but I don't see why he can't crush him with magic and that is just as instantaneous as his mind hax.

Saying his ward will protect him even thou he never faced Zeref's magic before is NLF.

Completly unaffected by high 7-A character is easy 6-C as well.

WilliamShadow said:
Saying his ward will protect him even thou he never faced Zeref's magic before is NLF.
By that logic, saying he won't die from death words even though he's never faced them before is also an NLF.

Eragon has 136 Eldunari that have enough energy for a high 7-A feat. Galbatorix has several hundrets. If we multiply the energy of Eragons eldunari we get into 6-C, so his tier is justified.

Because Gal's wards would protect him from being crushed long enough to mind hax zeref into oblivion.

Not really an NLF. His wards protect him from physical force, spontaneous combusion, light, fire, biological manipulation, matter manipulation, sleep manipulation, and a bunch of other things. Telekinesis and crushing attacks are extremely common in the IC verse. There's literally no chance he wouldn't be warded against them.

Oh, and I didn't switch my vote.

Gal via instant, in character mind-hax and the dragonhide cloak protecting him from vegetable Zeref's theoretical last chance Death Predation.

@Mr King it depends on effects death words do nothing Zeref can't survive form what I know. Afterall crushing his heart or destroying his organs won't kill him.

Dragon hide won't necessary work thou as dragon in FT are unaffected by magic for diffrence of IC.

Death words work by applying telekinetic force to vital blood vessels in the brain or heart and things like that. They likely wouldn't do anything to Zeref

Telekinetically crushing his brain on the other hand would at the very least keep Zeref down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back