• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the East Blue: Don Krieg VS Arlong

¯\(ツ)

Make a CRT
He doesn’t need dura neg to win… pearl has weak spots… kuroobi has ap advantage and can become much faster and strong once in water and if pearl is near water (which he is) it will be over quite quickly by drowning him or attack him from the water. Kuroobi is also much more skilled and can one shot or two shot if he goes in the water. Pearls only wincon are his armor which there are many way of countering.

Pearl only got hit by Sanji once, and that was when he was already on fire. The other time Sanji tried to hit Pearl, Pearl easily reacted and blocked his attack. Mind you that even if Kuroobi hits Pearl and makes him bleed, he'll set the whole place on fire. Unlike Sanji, Kuroobi isn't resistant to fire. He won't go close because he'll risk getting caught on fire. He can also shoot out fireballs. Also his fire is blue, which is far hotter than normal orange/yellow fire, so unless Kuroobi wants to end up as fried fish, he won't go close. Granted I don't think Pearl has any noteworthy attacks that will hurt Kuroobi, so I'm willing to vote incon.
kuroobi has ap advantage and can become much faster and strong once in water and if pearl is near water (which he is) it will be over quite quickly by drowning him or attack him from the water.
As for this, The Krieg Pirates, according to the OP, are fully aware of the fishmen's capabilities in water, so there's no reason for Pearl near the water. He's going to move away from water the best he can to avoid getting stomped by Kuroobi's natural advantage.

Pearl only got hit by Sanji once, and that was when he was already on fire. The other time Sanji tried to hit Pearl, Pearl easily reacted and blocked his attack. Mind you that even if Kuroobi hits Pearl and makes him bleed, he'll set the whole place on fire. Unlike Sanji, Kuroobi isn't resistant to fire. He won't go close because he'll risk getting caught on fire. He can also shoot out fireballs. Also his fire is blue, which is far hotter than normal orange/yellow fire, so unless Kuroobi wants to end up as fried fish, he won't go close. Granted I don't think Pearl has any noteworthy attacks that will hurt Kuroobi, so I'm willing to vote incon.
Fire won’t be a problem at all…
13.jpg

Especially when there is water near them and Kuroobi can manipulate the water in the atmosphere.

As for this, The Krieg Pirates, according to the OP, are fully aware of the fishmen's capabilities in water, so there's no reason for Pearl near the water. He's going to move away from water the best he can to avoid getting stomped by Kuroobi's natural advantage.
They are still around the pool… even if he knows, he won’t have time to escape especially when kuroobi can outsmart and outskill

Fishman Karate by default Ignores durability, by manipulating water outside and inside the opponent's body. This is a basic principle of the art.
Well I'm certain that Kuroobi hasn't used it. So whether that's true or not, not that I doubt it isn't, Kuroobi hasn't used it ever so there's no reason for me to assume that he'll use it in this fight.

For example, 3 sec into the future has infinite futures/possibilities inside of that 3 seconds… that’s the only future she can erase… she can’t erase all possibilities in 2 sec into the future and 200000 hours into the future at the same time only 1 future not all.

Well I'm certain that Kuroobi hasn't used it. So whether that's true or not, not that I doubt it isn't, Kuroobi hasn't used it ever so there's no reason for me to assume that he'll use it in this fight.
What do you think he uses when he's fighting? Some other type of style? Logically that doesn't make much sense, there's no reason why a Fishman would use a style that isn't Fishman karate.

Anyway if you are going to be ignorant and not actually try to understand... I’m not going to waste time with this. Like fate supporters

I only want to add that Hody also knows Fish-Man Karate and he could not ignore Luffy´s defense with that because he is a Novice and Hody is vastly above Kuroobi via being above Arlong in every single way

Edit and spoiler about the manga:

ROBIN KNOWS FISH-MAN KARATE? LMAO

I only want to add that Hody also knows Fish-Man Karate and he could not ignore Luffy´s defense with that because he is a Novice and Hody is vastly above Kuroobi via being above Arlong in every single way
Hody isn't nearly as skilled as Kuroobi, like where did you even get this from? Kuroobi is a level 40 in Fish-Man Karate, both Arlong and Hody's are never stated and they primarily use overwhelming AP as opposed to skill. Luffy's innards are also made of rubber so they take shockwaves relatively good.

What do you think he uses when he's fighting? Some other type of style? Logically that doesn't make much sense, there's no reason why a Fishman would use a style that isn't Fishman karate.
Kuroobi has never used dura neg before. It says it on his profile.
Anyway if you are going to be ignorant and not actually try to understand... I’m not going to waste time with this. Like fate supporters
What. I don't know shit about fate. No idea why you brought that up.

Hody isn't nearly as skilled as Kuroobi, like where did you even get this from? Kuroobi is a level 40 in Fish-Man Karate, both Arlong and Hody's are never stated and they primarily use overwhelming AP as opposed to skill. Luffy's innards are also made of rubber so they take shockwaves relatively good.
Jinbe considers Hody a novice and we don´t know Jinbe´s level either, so we have to assume that if you are not at Jinbe´s level = novice

I dunno. I still don't think he uses dura neg. Usually whenever a fishman uses dura neg with fishman karate, water is shown to be shot out from behind them, indicating that they sent waves inside them impacting the water inside of them. But from what I remember, that was never shown with Kuroobi.

Jinbe considers Hody a novice and we don´t know Jinbe´s level either, so we have to assume that if you are not at Jinbe´s level = novice
Jinbe is explicitly the most skilled person with Fish-Man Karate, his doesn't need to be stated to his feats.

And absolutely not, saying that if you aren't as skilled as Jinbe makes you a novice has to be the dumbest thing I've read all days. That's like me saying that if you aren't at Ali's level of boxing that makes you a novice.

Jinbe is explicitly the most skilled person with Fish-Man Karate, his doesn't need to be stated to his feats.

And absolutely not, saying that if you aren't as skilled as Jinbe makes you a novice has to be the dumbest thing I've read all days. That's like me saying that if you aren't at Ali's level of boxing that makes you a novice.
We don´t know any type of ranking besides level 40 Kuroobi (and level 100 Hack for what I am searching right now) to judge their skill level

And Hody is more prone to use Fish-man Karate to throw Water than to punch and use durability negation

Also, If Kuroobi get´s durability negation I won´t complain, but then we should scale anyone with more skill than him in the future

Fishman Karate by default Ignores durability, by manipulating water outside and inside the opponent's body. This is a basic principle of the art.
Not everybody has that quality as they're not all mastered to the extent of people like Jinbe, which is why Hody's attack didn't hurt Luffy.

I still think using Hody as an example to discredit Kuroobi's Fishman Karate is inaccurate at best. Hody isn't ever noted to excel at Fishman Karate and his skill showings are low, unlike Kuroobi who's a seasoned Karataka.

That makes no sense... 🤔
5.png
6.png

The only fishman who has shown durability negation is Jimbei btw
12.png

What the..
However, despite his enormous strength, and according to both Luffy and Jinbe, Hody's Fish-Man Karate was at an amateur level. This was shown when he fought Luffy, for while Jinbe could do noticeable damage to the rubber man, Hody's attacks were ineffective.
🤔... So why would a higher lvl hurt 🦧

Nah, Kuroobi surely has the internal water hitting thing, we literally se him sending a shockwave at Sanji just like Jinbe explained, Sanji didn't instantly die or anything close to that because Gyojin Karate has never insta killed someone comparable in dura (i don't remember a fishman killing someone with GK at all) to the user, all it does is allow for mid-range attacks and damage people like Luffy.

That aside, i think the Fishman take all rounds, but maybe Gin can defeat Hachi, not sure.

That aside, i think the Fishman take all rounds, but maybe Gin can defeat Hachi, not sure.
I feel like Hachi just lacks when it comes to fighting quick and agile opponents. A very injured and fatigued Zoro was more than fast enough to dodge his attacks and give him the works. Gin is pretty swole in his own right, being strong enough to shatter Pearl's layered iron plates with a casual attack and skilled enough to deal with Sanji's style, incorporating his own Demon Tactics.

Hatchis' attacks honestly just consist of rapidly swinging his heavy ass swords: Gin either breaks them with direct contact or slams down Hatchi after lots of concentrated direct attacks. Hatchi wouldn't really use the water to its full effectiveness either, considering he's a pretty standard melee fighter and he doesn't practice GK. So yeah, after giving this some thought I feel like if any human wins their fight, its gonna be Gin.

Nope... He was skilled enough. He never actually outpaced hachi, just insanely out skilled him
I mean, that’s true but reminder that bro was wielding 6 swords yet consistently failed to make direct contact (sword to skin) with a guy that was essentially always within his range.
But even if the speed is more even and Hatchan can keep up with his agility, I think Gin could still outskill. I can see him baiting Hatchi into an attack to then break his swords, or catching some within his tonfa then reversing his momentum and pinning him to the ground.

Back