• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Sanji Calc East Blue Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the ship assumed to be made entirely from steel, I understand the shooting mechanism inside for the canon being that but wouldn't the rest make more sense being wood or something?
Do I not get something?

I'll post a comment on this tomorrow, though I share Tllmbrg's confusion on that point.

Assuming the entire thing is constructed from steel seems unwarranted.

258-259.jpg

346 Sabah Gassiler 6/53

A naval weapon built into the bow of the Baratier. Three cannons are installed in its mouth, but it lacks mobility as its propulsion is human-powered (leg paddles).
110-111.png

← The bow of the ship is the naval weapon SABAGASHIRA!
246-247.png

The Sabah Gasshirah

A naval weapon to protect the safety of guests during meals.
0053-018.png
0053-019.png

I mean it's literally meant to be a small defensive tank ship
0054-007.png

The wood broke but the ship didn't, plus most of it is shiny, implying there's some sort of steel

I agree with the op personally

If it was painted wood, then I don't see the issue with its appearance. None of the databook statements indicate it being metal. The best evidence there is just that it didn't break when crashing into the other ship.

My other issue with the calc is using the square-cube law to find the ship's mass by comparing it to a real mackeral.

This is what the proportions of a mackeral looks like:

Mackerel-db561ae.jpg

And this is what the porportions of the ship looks like:

0053-012.png

So something like this "Fish head is 20%-25% (22.5%) of the mass." doesn't work when we can see that the "head" portion of the ship is clearly not 22.5% of the entire ship, and its proprotions do not line up with IRL mackeral at all.

キコ

いちこう

サバガシラー号
せんしゅ
ないぞう
バラティエの船首に内蔵された、
かいせんへいき
こうない
さんもん
たいほう
海戦兵器。口内には三門の大砲が
せっち
設置されて
いるが、推
しんりょく
じんりき
進力が人力
あし
(脚こぎ)な
ので、機動
力に欠ける。

M

6/53

バシャバシャーバ

きどう

Kiko

Ichiko

Sabah Gasshirar
ship's captain
internal construction
Built into the bow of the Baratier, the
open water tanker | opening fuselage | marine tanker | sea-faring tanker | opened water tanker | ship's propulsion system, which includes an ocean-going tanker
internal
trident
antipersonnel
naval weapon. Three cannons in the mouth.
installed
installed
but the thrust
new power
human power
propulsion is human-powered
foot
(leg paddles), so
and lacks maneuverability.
lacks maneuverability.

M

6/53

Basha basha basha basha

motive

Since I'm outvoted on this I'll drop the wood point, but the proportions issue is still a problem.

My other issue with the calc is using the square-cube law to find the ship's mass by comparing it to a real mackeral.

This is what the proportions of a mackeral looks like:

Mackerel-db561ae.jpg

And this is what the porportions of the ship looks like:

0053-012.png

So something like this "Fish head is 20%-25% (22.5%) of the mass." doesn't work when we can see that the "head" portion of the ship is clearly not 22.5% of the entire ship, and its proprotions do not line up with IRL mackeral at all.
I never said the head proportion was 22.5 percent of the entire ship.

I said that'd be the size of a theoretical mackeral with a head size that big, and I was using the 22.5% to count for the entire ship, not just for the head of it.

The ship is called the Mackeral head, so I calced the mass of a Mackeral head.

I never said the head proportion was 22.5 percent of the entire ship.

I said that'd be the size of a theoretical mackeral with a head size that big, and I was using the 22.5% to count for the entire ship, not just for the head of it.

The ship is called the Mackeral head, so I calced the mass of a Mackeral head.
Okay. That was a bit unclear in the original calc, but I see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back