• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the East Blue: Don Krieg VS Arlong

Scenario: Krieg defeats the Strawhat pirates, stealing the Baratie and making his way into Cocoyasi Village after hearing word of a fishman pirate ruler with a higher bounty than him.

Don Krieg VS Arlong
Arlong: 6 (@Darkvie123, @MonkeyOfLife @RazumaHiroki @NomsNoms @KingTempest , @Sonicflare9 )
Don Krieg: 1 ( @OriginFox )

Gin VS Hatchan
Hatchan: 2 (@Darkvie123, @RazumaHiroki)
Gin: 5 (@NomsNoms, @KingTempest , @MonkeyOfLife , @OriginFox , @Sonicflare9 )

Pearl VS Kuroobi
Kuroobi: 5 (@Darkvie123, @MonkeyOfLife @RazumaHiroki , @OriginFox , @Sonicflare9 )
Pearl: 2 (@NomsNoms , @KingTempest )

Inconclusive:

Specific Conditions:
  • Usually, Arlong would destroy ships that came close to shore on his territory. In this situation, Arlong was distracted with bullying villagers and Krieg was able to make it into Arlong Park with his crew after blowing up the walls and gates surrounding the park.
  • Chew is not present.
  • Arlong Pirates have access to water (the parks large pool area) but Krieg pirates are fully aware of Fishmen underwater strength.
  • Krieg pirates are healthy and not starving.

Last edited:
You meant FRA right? Still getting familiar with terms here lol, but nice!
Yes... Similar... FRA means for reasons above, meaning you are voting based of off what someone said above. But I said for reasons Monkey. Meaning that I voted it based off of monkey who is even more correct than facts. 🐵👍
Do you think their are any matches the Krieg pirates can win? What about the MH5 poison, do you think that plays a factor?
No.... They will just stay underwater and fully get huge speed amps which the don krieg pirates can't do anything against.

Arlong's pirate vs Krieg's pirates:

Experience:
•Considering that the Arlong's pirates used to be crewmates under fisher tiger's crew, meaning they fought against many professional marine soliders from the Grandline for years and made themselves known to the point where the marine gave them a bounty individually.

•While Krieg's crew only been fighting against less skilled marine soldiers from the East blue and only had the numbers and military strength on their side. Arlong's crew wins in this department.

Strength and durability:
•Arlong came out unscathed from Luffy's brutal combo of pistol, gatling gun and bazooka. The latter he bit through Luffy's stomach, not to mention he bit through a stone with ease, so Krieg's armor that could withstand Luffy's Gatling gun, but broke from Luffy's bazooka is literally breakfast for Arlong's teeth. The most unfair advantage is fishmen being 10x stronger than humans, no matter how durable Krieg's armor is, enough sheer strength is enough to break it.

•Gin is quite skilled, hence why i can see hatchan struggle more contrary to Arlong and kuroobi (as you can see below). But in the end Hatchan will win, 8 tentacles with swords (who have their own mind) vs a "demon". Pearl is literally fodder so I can see kuroobi taking this relatively easy. He was defeated by God Usopp after all.

In conclusion:
Arlong mid diff.
Hatchan high diff.
Kuroobi low diff.

Last edited:

Experience:
•Considering that the Arlong's pirates used to be crewmates under fisher tiger's crew, meaning they fought against many professional marine soliders from the Grandline for years and made themselves known to the point where the marine gave them a bounty individually.

•While Krieg's crew only been fighting against less skilled marine soldiers from the East blue and only had the numbers and military strength on their side. Arlong's crew wins in this department.

Strength and durability:
•Arlong came out unscathed from Luffy's brutal combo of pistol, gatling gun and bazooka. The latter he bit through Luffy's stomach, not to mention he bit through a stone with ease, so Krieg's armor that could withstand Luffy's Gatling gun, but broke from Luffy's bazooka is literally breakfast for Arlong's teeth. The most unfair advantage is fishmen being 10x stronger than humans, no matter how durable Krieg's armor is, enough sheer strength is enough to break it.

•Gin is quite skilled, hence why i can see hatchan struggle more contrary to Arlong and kuroobi (as you can see below). But in the end Hatchan will win, 8 tentacles with swords (who have their own mind) vs a "demon". Pearl is literally fodder so I can see kuroobi taking this relatively easy. He was defeated by God Usopp after all.

In conclusion:
Arlong mid diff.
Hatchan high diff.
Kuroobi low diff.
That's nearly perfect besides the Fishman being 10x stronger than humans.... That was most likely talking about an average Fishman vs an average human

Arlong Pirates FRA 🐵👍

Last edited:
Yes... Similar... FRA means for reasons above, meaning you are voting based of off what someone said above. But I said for reasons Monkey. Meaning that I voted it based off of monkey who is even more correct than facts. 🐵👍

No.... They will just stay underwater and fully get huge speed amps which the don krieg pirates can't do anything against.
Ah, thanks for explaining. 🐵🐒🐒

Yeah I can see this happening but honestly Kuroobi is really the only one who tries to take full advantage of water. Arlong uses water but more so as bullets or means of propelling himself at his opponents like a drill. He only ever threw Luffy in since he became aware he was a DF user and took advantage of his handicap. Aside from these instances he regularly just fights on dry land with his teeth, nose, and Kiribachi sword.

Hatchan didn't even touch the pool of water when fighting Zoro, so I think its unlikely he'd try to do anything with it here either since he doesn't even practice fishman karate. He is a swordsman who's fighting style mostly consists of swinging his ridiculously heavy swords around which isn't all that optimal for underwater based combat.

So yeah, in character that's definitely a viable win con for Kuroobi but I don't think it's very applicable for the other two, especially not Hatchan.

Ah, thanks for explaining. 🐵🐒🐒

Yeah I can see this happening but honestly Kuroobi is really the only one who tries to take full advantage of water. Arlong uses water but more so as bullets or means of propelling himself at his opponents like a drill. He only ever threw Luffy in since he became aware he was a DF user and took advantage of his handicap. Aside from these instances he regularly just fights on dry land with his teeth, nose, and Kiribachi sword.

Hatchan didn't even touch the pool of water when fighting Zoro, so I think its unlikely he'd try to do anything with it here either since he doesn't even practice fishman karate. He is a swordsman who's fighting style mostly consists of swinging his ridiculously heavy swords around which isn't all that optimal for underwater based combat.

So yeah, in character that's definitely a viable win con for Kuroobi but I don't think it's very applicable for the other two, especially not Hatchan.
It’s still a option they can do which would make it low-mid difficulty 🤷‍♂️ If they used

Experience:

Strength and durability:

In conclusion:
Arlong mid diff.
Hatchan high diff.
Kuroobi low diff.
Nice reasoning, very well said! I do got to bring up Krieg's range though, he does have a fairly stacked amount of projectiles. Not to mention poison that could be fatal if Arlong gets too cocky. But yeah Arlong's physicality advantages are pretty stacked so I definitely see that matchup in his favor and agree with your analysis.

Kuroobi slams Pearl without a doubt. No discussion there. Gin and Hatchan should have a good brawl, I do think Gins acrobatics combined with his demon tactics would pose a serious threat to Hatchan tho if he can get within point blank range of him. I also don't think he should struggle breaking his swords seeing how he shattered Pearl's armour so casually. Personally I'm leaning on Gin taking this, but high diff either side.

BTW you're confusing Kuroobi with Chew: Usopp defeated Chew, the fishman with the weird mouth that shoots water projectiles. Kuroobi is the fishman karate dude that Sanji was fighting and defeated underwater.

It’s still a option they can do which would make it low-mid difficulty 🤷‍♂️ If they used
You're definitely right, but with the Krieg pirates being aware of this and their fighting styles taken into account I don't think its something they are going to consider right off the bat unless they are seriously struggling.

Nice reasoning, very well said! I do got to bring up Krieg's range though, he does have a fairly stacked amount of projectiles. Not to mention poison that could be fatal if Arlong gets too cocky. But yeah Arlong's physicality advantages are pretty stacked so I definitely see that matchup in his favor and agree with your analysis.

Kuroobi slams Pearl without a doubt. No discussion there. Gin and Hatchan should have a good brawl, I do think Gins acrobatics combined with his demon tactics would pose a serious threat to Hatchan tho if he can get within point blank range of him. I also don't think he should struggle breaking his swords seeing how he shattered Pearl's armour so casually. Personally I'm leaning on Gin taking this, but high diff either side.

BTW you're confusing Kuroobi with Chew: Usopp defeated Chew, the fishman with the weird mouth that shoots water projectiles. Kuroobi is the fishman karate dude that Sanji was fighting and defeated underwater.
Oh oops, yeah. I mixed both up. Since we are talking about a level 40 practitioner of Gyojin karate. Kuroobi undoubtedly skill-stomp Pearl.

I agree with everything FRA however I vote for Gin.

I'd like to think that Hatchan's swords shouldn't be hard to break at all seeing how Gin's weapons carry huge iron balls at the end, and by spinning, the momentum should easily be able to smash through Hatchan's swords with ease. It would also surprise him for sure and catch him off guard, and Gin going in for the hit in the chin, potentially knocking him out. And even if it doesn't, Hatchan shouldn't be able to fight back, seeing how all his weapons are shattered and Gin has his weapons with him. I vote Gin mid diff for these reasons.

Last edited:

I'd like to think that Hatchan's sword shouldn't be hard to break at all seeing how Gin's weapons carry huge iron balls at the end, and by spinning, the momentum should easily be able to smash through Hatchan's swords with ease. It would also surprise him for sure and catch him off guard, and Gin going in for the hit in the chin, potentially knocking him out. And even if it doesn't, Hatchan shouldn't be able to fight back, seeing how all his weapons are shattered and Gin has his weapons with him. I vote Gin mid diff for these reasons.
Vote added!
I definitely agree with you, we've already seen how casually he can already shatter reinforced metals with basic attacks. With momentum added on to them through his spins, I definitely see him able to shatter the swords and deal direct damage to Hatchan. Not to mention he's very agile and able to easily keep up with Sanji, while a very injured and fatigued Zoro was enough to keep up with and even surpass Hatchan in speed.

Arlong was stated to be the strongest in the east blue and took on Luffy with ease who was able to body Krieg past the armor.

Underwater these dudes are 2x strong so that's an issue.

Arlong for the first.

Gin is more skilled.

Gin for the second.

Kuroobi struggled with Sanji who couldn't break Pearl's shield.

Pearl for the third.

He hasnt even used dura neg in character iirc
15.jpg

Bleeding from the mouth...
19.jpg
He's bleeding from the mouth because he hit him really fricking hard lol.
And uses the tile technique the same as Jinbe and or other Fishman karate users which is dura neg
20.jpg
He doesn't even use it here..? Regardless I'm pretty sure their dura neg comes from sending powerful waves through their body.

Jinbe uses the "Five Thousand Tile" version. Which is a way stronger version, which indeed dura negs. We don't even know if the One Thousand version does dura neg because we don't get to see him use it. Though it is very likely that it does dura neg. Maybe a possibly or likely.

Anyway, assuming that it does dura neg, if it manages to hit Pearl, and make him bleed, he'll set himself on fire. And that should stop Kuroobi from trying to engage in h2h since he's on fire. I'll still keep my vote to Pearl for these reasons, though at worst I'm willing to vote for incon.
What? How?? They both made him bleed??

How is that pointing Kuroobi has dura negation
This is fishman karate
4.png
5.png
15.jpg

Anyway, assuming that it does dura neg, if it manages to hit Pearl, and make him bleed, he'll set himself on fire. And that should stop Kuroobi from trying to engage in h2h since he's on fire.
There is water around them... The fire won't be a problem at all.
Arlong Pirates have access to water (the parks large pool area) but Krieg pirates are fully aware of Fishmen underwater strength.
What? How?? They both made him bleed??
One made him nearly knockout out lying on the ground bleeding and took time getting up. The other hit his chin and made he bleed, and gets up like its nothing.

Can also get 2x stronger and much faster in water.

Last edited:

I'd like to think that Hatchan's swords shouldn't be hard to break at all seeing how Gin's weapons carry huge iron balls at the end, and by spinning, the momentum should easily be able to smash through Hatchan's swords with ease. It would also surprise him for sure and catch him off guard, and Gin going in for the hit in the chin, potentially knocking him out. And even if it doesn't, Hatchan shouldn't be able to fight back, seeing how all his weapons are shattered and Gin has his weapons with him. I vote Gin mid diff for these reasons.
Actually... Gin FRA high diff

Also if pearl gets in the waters he won’t be able to swim back up because of his armor and he is also not smart enough to find air from kuroobi
  • Pulverizing Pressure Plunge: While underwater Kuroobi grabs his opponent and swims down to deeper waters at high speeds. If his opponent can't sustain great changes of pressure suddenly the inner organs will get crushed causing severe internal damage.

This is fishman karate
4.png
5.png
15.jpg

There is water around them... The fire won't be a problem at all.

One made him nearly knockout out lying on the ground bleeding and took time getting up. The other hit his chin and made he bleed, and gets up like its nothing.

Can also get 2x stronger and much faster in water.
Yes but the only fishman who has shown dura negation is Jimbei actually

Back