• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, can't he just recreate a new mind if this one is destroyed? Actually, can Ogami destroy desembodied minds?

XDragnoir said:
I mean, can't he just recreate a new mind if this one is destroyed? Actually, can Ogami destroy deswmbodied minds?
Idk, also he can break his will by having all the "spirits murdered by evil" make him experience "the pain of death" (mirages made to break someone's willpower).

It only used it once on screen, when it stopped time in order to chose who would be its host (either Itu, June or Marcus). Really if it doesnt start with Time Stop it still will automatically try to slip inside of Ogami's mind.

I don't think doing it once makes it an in character opening.

As for slipping inside of Ogami's mind, the emperor just acts and covers Ogami in Belphegor (which burns all powers). So that part gets negged.

Do we asume the arena in which they are fighting is a planet similar to the Earth from the Shadow Fight universe? If so, then the air itself that Ogami is gonna breathe will carry Shadow Energy particles with it.

Shadow Energy really works in both souls and minds.

If so, then Shadow Mind will have to bring the Shadow Energy from its universe to this world through portals. Also its time stop is pretty much Shadow Energy based so it cannot start with it right away.

Firephoenixearl said:
Because by that logic he can just nope tier 2/1 stuff because it 'burns all powers'

With statements like that we only go by what its shown to burn.

WeeklyBattles said:
Firephoenixearl said:
Because by that logic he can just nope tier 2/1 stuff because it 'burns all powers'
With statements like that we only go by what its shown to burn.
Oho, way to take it into NLF my man. I mean it's not like we restrict it "strictly" to 3D stuff unless shown tier 2 or tier 1. Nope, we do not do that. Great argument to try and make it sound like NLF.

Seriously weekly...

Firephoenixearl said:
Oho, way to take it into NLF my man. I mean it's not like we restrict it "strictly" to 3D stuff unless shown tier 2 or tier 1. Nope, we do not do that. Great argument to try and make it sound like NLF.

Seriously weekly...
Seeing as we limit legit power null to only things its been shown to null and stuff like reactive evolution and adaptation to things its been shown to grant, i see no reason why it should be assumed that his fire can burn things it hasnt been shown to burn

1. That's completely different from "null tier 2/1" and you know it. So that was a false equivalency above.

2. We don't limit it that strictly. As long as it has shown to be able to null similar stuff. Example if it has nulled fate hax or time hax, it doesn't need proof of nulling causality hax. It can be assumed he can, due to well having nulled similar stuff.

3. Idk what the power "he hasn't shown to burn" would be in context. Care to explain?

XDragnoir said:
Isn't shadow mind able to produce his own shadow energy?
I don't remember being said anywhere in the story that it can, But if we count some of the perks Descendant has (which allow him/her to simply get free Shadow Energy out of nowhere), then we could say Shadow Mind can in fact create its own energy.

Does Shadow Mind scales above the Descendant? If yes i think it is valid, also, isn't him made of SE anyway? And again, he has passives?

@Fire

1. Not really?

2. We do limit it that strictly, similar doesnt cut it as thats still making assumptions that go beyond what is shown.

3. List everything he's shown to be able to burn. Those are the only things youre allowed to argue he can burn. Anything other than that is an assumption pushing his burning into NLF territory

1. Bringing higher dimensionality into this is not false equivalency....you do you weekly.

2. No, having power null work like that is plain stupidity. I was in that thread weekly, i made that thread. The whole point is, you don't go from "nullified Avatar's 4 elements" to "nullifies law hax". Similar stuff works, example as i said with fate/time and causality, nullifying water or earth usage to nullifying fire and air usage, etc.

3. I asked for a concrete example weekly.

XDragnoir said:
Does Shadow Mind scales above the Descendant? If yes i think it is valid, also, isn't him made of SE anyway? And again, he has passives?
Shadow Mind is definetly above base Descendant.

Yes it is made out of SE.

Passives that Shadow Energy has are: Corruption, Mind and Soul Destruction, Hallucination Causation, Illusion Manipulation (with a bit of Fear Manip), Law Manip (in the form of Fight Rules), Duplication (of the enemy), Space-Time Manipulation (passively creates spatio-temporal rifts when accumulated in large masses), Darkness with Weather Manip, Immunity to Death Manip, and I guess the Cosmic Awareness with Precog and Info Analysis.

2. Then i recommend making a CRT to change it because that is currently how we treat power null on this wiki. Fate, time, and causality are three very different things, you do not gt null for all of them if you have one. Same with elements.

3. And i asked you to list what he can null.

Is the mind and soul destruction instant?

Also yer saying Shadow Mind has all those passives? Why did you wait so much to mention them?

The mind and soul destuction are over time.

The passives are really just only active when SE gets accumulated in large masses. For example, a simple hand blast of SE from Shadow Mind's arm wont Duplicate the enemy or Law Manip.

Indeed. I can give further examples of instances in which these passives happened in the game if you wish so, but it might take a while for me to get images.

Edit: It can definetly accumulate these masses of Shadow Energy but not simply just by spawning them instantly on the battlefield. It has to work with the SE from the environment to create these large masses. <- This is if Shadow Mind fights outside of Ogami's mind. The devs have confirmed that Shadow Mind is at its full potential/power when fighting against the enemy inside of their minds (the mind of people is its natural habitat). Like when it fought against Descendant inside of his/her mind, it had infinite Shadow Energy to work around with. It could summon giant typhoons of SE without much effort.

If the fight takes too much time, these passives will start to happen, so i think they are still wincons, and Ogami doesn't has the range to burn the SE in every timeline, while Mind has his portals which will allow him to go back to earth after the bpdy tjere is destroyed. Mind FRA (i think i can vote since i didn't choose the fighters).

WeeklyBattles said:
2. Then i recommend making a CRT to change it because that is currently how we treat power null on this wiki. Fate, time, and causality are three very different things, you do not gt null for all of them if you have one. Same with elements.
3. And i asked you to list what he can null.
2. No one treats it like that weekly drop it. We go by feats and mechanics. What makes causality different from "time" in terms of getting burned?

3. I asked you where my NLF stood in this case.

2. Im confused, youre telling me im wrong but then saying exactly what i said and saying youre right. As for the second part, time has nothing to do with cause and effect.

3. Arguing that he can burn and null things he has never been shown to be able to burn or null.

2. No weekly you missed the "mechanics" part. Causality is usually literally time flow or directly related to it. Again weekly, nulling similar stuff means you can null it too as long as the mechanics say it can.

3. Example?

2. Definition of causality

1 : a causal quality or agency 2 : the relation between a cause and its effect or between regularly correlated events or phenomena

The Causality Manipulation page also says otherwise. Time flow and causality are not the same nor related. And no, what youre describing is the very reason why we put limits on power null in the first place, because any roundabout argument can make it so power null can null any power ever under the guise of 'its similar so it works'.

3. Dude just list the stuff Rei has burned and nulled. Its not that hard.

2. No weekly not all powers "are similar so they work". Causality, fate, probability, time stuff like that are similar/related which is why acausality (type 4) applies to them all as resistances. Though you can't say "nulled fire so he nulls the laws of the universe". Again, no one treats it like that, its you that needs to make a profile if you want it to work like that. We need feats but not needless amount of feats, we just need enough to prove something not power null working on every possible ability in the Powerlisting wikia.

3. Ok but when the time comes, and something he hasn't shown is mentioned i'll say it. Until then i don't need to.

Back