• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 3rd strongest non-smurf High 6-C: Skulktech 9.9 vs Zeref Dragneel

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Since Skulktech 9.9 now has a High 6-C key, let's see if he can make it on the Top 5 Non Smurf list.

Rules

High 6-C versions (Obviously)

Speed Equalized

Skulktech 9.9:

Zeref Dragneel: 1 (FinePoint)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
I'm assuming Law would be able to destroy Skulktech (or at least damage him significantly) similarly to how it completely destroyed Mavis's spirit projection. What's Skulktech's opener?

Honestly after checking the profiles I gotta vote for Zeref immediately, if Tucker could defeat him, even a drunk baby could and Zeref is at least 3 times drunk baby level.

I'm assuming Law would be able to destroy Skulktech (or at least damage him significantly) similarly to how it completely destroyed Mavis's spirit projection. What's Skulktech's opener?
What is Law?.

Skulktech's opener could be power nullification (Via beam or other cage devices), he also fights using claw cables to electricute his enemy. Other than that, he has the standard ghost abilities, his energy attacks can attack the body on a molecular level and effect the mind and soul. Defensive wise, he has attack reflection shields or his second type intangibility.

Other than that, he has his scanners which tell him how strong his opponent is, so he'll know Zeref will be stronger than him so he'll be more careful and not try to hurt him physically and use have, so power nullification, possession or durability negating attacks will likely be his go to moves.
Honestly after checking the profiles I gotta vote for Zeref immediately, if Tucker could defeat him, even a drunk baby could and Zeref is at least 3 times drunk baby level.
I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious?. I'll comment just to be sure.

The only reason Tucker "defeated" Skulktech 9.9 was because he hacked into his battlesuit and powered him down using technology while Skulktech was busy fighting Danny. So the argument that "Tucker beat him so Zeref will to" isn't valid. I wouldn't have made the fight if it I knew it would have been that easy. Unless Zeref has Technology Manipulation that allows him to hack into high tech battle suits which have defenses in place to stop this, Tucker’s win against Skulktech is irrelevant.

In a one on one, Skulktech would murder Tucker in an instant.

A magic that kind of act like exorcism. The incomplete version of it can separates someones body and soul from a dead dragon body. The complete version can wiped out an entire non-corporeal army as well as able to distinguish between allies and foes. It also can wiped around 2,3 millions of real soldier as well
The incomplete version isn't an issue since Skulktech doesn't have a real body but the complete version will definitely work on Skulktech since he doesn't have resistance to soul attacks to such a high degree.

Does Zeref lead with this?.

Law isn’t what separated Mavis’s soul from her body that was Zeref’s death manipulation that did he also likely did the same to hades when he killed him with his death manipulation as hades soul was also separated from his body as well after being killed by Zeref

what Law did to Mavis was it stopped her growth entirely forcing her into permanent youth it also granted her the curse of Ankhseram The same curse that zerefs has that grants the user immortality and death manipulation

See What Law is it’s basically a powerful magic that ignores durability and is equal to Fairy Glitter
(which is what vaporized Mavis soul not law)
It’s a magic that is able to induce fear and Purity the target

And it works like this the magic damags whoever the caster perceives from their heart as an enemy leaving friends and bystanders completely unharmed The choice between friend or foe is decided by the user's heart, and they cannot lie to this Magic the magic isn’t supposed to be used on large numbers of enemies or else it puts the users life at risk

Does Zeref ever use Law no we have never seen him do so in combat

Never said Law separates Mavis soul from her body though, I'm talking about her incomplete Law separated Yuri from the Skeletal Dragon after he merged with it.

Never said Law separates Mavis soul from her body though, I'm talking about her incomplete Law separated Yuri from the Skeletal Dragon after he merged with it.
Oh ok well I’m pretty sure Law just separated and destroyed the tenrou jade from Yuri it basically just freed him of the evil of the Tenrou jade

that’s why Law and it’s variants count as purification on the wiki as it purifies the target of evil

Oh ok well I’m pretty sure Law just separated and destroyed the tenrou jade from Yuri it basically just freed him of the evil of the Tenrou jade

that’s why Law and it’s variants count as purification on the wiki as it purifies the target of evil
Hmmm, fair enough.

Though talking about Law is irrelevant since Zeref never used it despite having knowledge of it.

True we know he knows it as he is the one who taught it to Mavis but yea he has never used it combat though imo his death manipulation is better than law anyway when it comes to its effects

because Law ignores durability and is Abel to induce fear and purifies the target but it leaves the user exhausted after wards
while his death manipulation ignores durability and sucks the life out of its target and is also Abel to rip the soul from its target as well and it has a decent AOE and can affect multiple targets with no draw backs

Well, the thing is his opponent right here is a ghost. So, I dunno how Death manip going to help. And the fact Death manip is probably his only offensive magic he ever used in this key doesn't help his case at all.

Well, the thing is his opponent right here is a ghost. So, I dunno how Death manip going to help. And the fact Death manip is probably his only offensive magic he ever used in this key doesn't help his case at all.
Oh Yea I know i don’t think Death manipulation will be any help here

I was just saying when it comes to the effects of law and his death manipulation his death manipulation is better overall since law leaves the user exhausted after wards

Zeref senses allow his to know the presence of Spirits such as Mavis and whether something is dead or alive, so Zeref wouldn't lead with Death Manip or CQC here given the self explanatory reasons.

Beyond this Zeref has a variety of tactics that he's shown a sparing number of times, such as Teleporting items from people to himself, time stop, Telekinesis, creating a barrier around himself that Vaporizes things on contact with it, and absorbing Magic power from people.

Well, Skulltech open up with powernull which Zeref resisted and claw cable that electrocute his enemy, though that probably won't do anything to him depends on the ap.

Is it safe to assume Zeref can summons his demons? He never done this, but unlike Law which requires the user to be pure hearted and not evil, summoning the demon is within his capabilities since he has the Books of Zeref in his standard equipment.

Well, Skulltech open up with powernull which Zeref resisted and claw cable that electrocute his enemy, though that probably won't do anything to him depends on the ap.

Is it safe to assume Zeref can summons his demons? He never done this, but unlike Law which requires the user to be pure hearted and not evil, summoning the demon is within his capabilities since he has the Books of Zeref in his standard equipment.
Since when does Law require you to be pure hearted?

He can but that's like one of the very last things he would try.

Skulktech's power null can effect people with some form of resistance to power nullification so I guess it depends on the degree Zeref resists. I doubt electricity will do much but he has other methods to bypass durablity.
Beyond this Zeref has a variety of tactics that he's shown a sparing number of times, such as Teleporting items from people to himself, time stop, Telekinesis, creating a barrier around himself that Vaporizes things on contact with it, and absorbing Magic power from people.
Teleportation, Telekinesis, and barriers are helpful but Skulktech doesn't use close combat like that with the exception of his cable claws so I don't think he himself will get vaporized (Though Mid-High Regeneration will allow him to survive that). Skulktech doesn't have magic so Zeref absorbing magic shouldn't be an issue.

Zeref's powernull resistance scales above people who can withstand powernull for over a year.

The Time Medallion is what gives Skulltech resistance to time manip and keeps him in the present yes? If so Zeref can seal Distortions in space time so the effects of the time Medallion could be sealed which resists being unsealed by others.

Zeref's powernull resistance scales above people who can withstand powernull for over a year.

The Time Medallion is what gives Skulltech resistance to time manip and keeps him in the present yes? If so Zeref can seal Distortions in space time so the effects of the time Medallion could be sealed which resists being unsealed by others.
Not sure the length of how long they can stay without being power nulled is a factor. If you resist the power nullification, it doesn't matter if it's trying to effect you constantly for a year since you're unaffected by it from the get go.

How does Sealing distortions in space and time nullify a time medallion that protects the wearer from alterations in time and keeps them rooted into the current time period?. Zeref wouldn't even know it's the medallion protecting Skulktech from his time powers so even if Zeref could seal the effects of the time medallion, he wouldn't even know what to target.

Zeref never used Law, but he's the one who taught it to Mavis and invented that type of magic in the first place, it's the whole reason he's cursed. I think Zeref would lead with timestop/death manip, Skulktech resists both and uses powernull and electricity which Zeref resists and then tanks the electricity due to AP difference. Then, because Zeref will know it's a ghost, I think it's entirely possible he could use Law or a variant, which should be enough to win. And we do need to know if he has access to his books, are we assuming yes?

Zeref never used Law, but he's the one who taught it to Mavis and invented that type of magic in the first place, it's the whole reason he's cursed. I think Zeref would lead with timestop/death manip, Skulktech resists both and uses powernull and electricity which Zeref resists and then tanks the electricity due to AP difference. Then, because Zeref will know it's a ghost, I think it's entirely possible he could use Law or a variant, which should be enough to win. And we do need to know if he has access to his books, are we assuming yes?
So long as it doesn't buff his tier, he has access to them. However, Skulktech still has possession which will likely be the next thing he uses.

It's biological (on a molecular level), soul, and mind based. It effects all 3.
I'm pretty sure he resists the first two by scaling to his books, one having body puppetry and another soul manipulation. That leaves mental, and I don't think he has any mind-control feats either defensively or offensively. Do you know of any cases where possession is resisted in verse we could base an evaluation on?

Not sure the length of how long they can stay without being power nulled is a factor. If you resist the power nullification, it doesn't matter if it's trying to effect you constantly for a year since you're unaffected by it from the get go.

How does Sealing distortions in space and time nullify a time medallion that protects the wearer from alterations in time and keeps them rooted into the current time period?. Zeref wouldn't even know it's the medallion protecting Skulktech from his time powers so even if Zeref could seal the effects of the time medallion, he wouldn't even know what to target.
Well regardless Zeref resistance scales above characters who resist power I'll so he should resist here.

Zeref would know about the medallion and how it effects time because he was able to sense the Space Between Time which was the literal Result of Traveling through Time, said distortion is only as big as an orange so he would be able to precisely detect the medallion given they are about the same size. So Zeref could seal the effects of the Medallion and he would lose his resistance and possibly get yeeted back to his original timeline.

Normally in Zeref threads he just Death Hax GGs, that not being an option has made this interesting lol.

I'm pretty sure he resists the first two by scaling to his books, one having body puppetry and another soul manipulation. That leaves mental, and I don't think he has any mind-control feats either defensively or offensively. Do you know of any cases where possession is resisted in verse we could base an evaluation on?
Unless the body puppetry is on a molecular level to the point were they break down the body itself, he won't resist the biological part. In verse only few people resist possession but they have feats of resisting each aspect.
Well regardless Zeref resistance scales above characters who resist power I'll so he should resist here.

Zeref would know about the medallion and how it effects time because he was able to sense the Space Between Time which was the literal Result of Traveling through Time, said distortion is only as big as an orange so he would be able to precisely detect the medallion given they are about the same size. So Zeref could seal the effects of the Medallion and he would lose his resistance and possibly get yeeted back to his original timeline.
I'm fine with him resisting power nullification.

No, he can't simply just seal the effects of the time medallion because it's designed to protect the wearer from time based abilities, and the rules of time.. I don't see how sealing space between time remotely would allow Zeref to seal the effects of a medallion that isn't a distortion in time and space.

Unless the body puppetry is on a molecular level to the point were they break down the body itself, he won't resist the biological part. In verse only few people resist possession but they have feats of resisting each aspect.

I'm fine with him resisting power nullification.

No, he can't simply just seal the effects of the time medallion because it's designed to protect the wearer from time based abilities, and the rules of time.. I don't see how sealing space between time remotely would allow Zeref to seal the effects of a medallion that isn't a distortion in time and space.
In that case I think the possession would work, but as for the medallion argument... is there anything special keeping it on him? Zeref has teleported objects from people in character before.

In that case I think the possession would work, but as for the medallion argument... is there anything special keeping it on him? Zeref has teleported objects from people in character before.
Nope the time medallion can be taken off without much issue. If Zeref believed the medallion was something special and came to the conclusion it benefited Skulktech in some way, he should have no issue teleporting it off of him.

Nope the time medallion can be taken off without much issue. If Zeref believed the medallion was something special and came to the conclusion it benefited Skulktech in some way, he should have no issue teleporting it off of him.
Then we have two possibilities. In round two, Zeref either recognizes the medallion as the cause of his resistance to timestop, and teleports it off of him for the win, OR he goes instead for Law, and Skulktech easily possesses him while he casts it for the win.

Since Zeref can detect time anomalies, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here and voting Zeref officially for now.

Back