• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Season 1 Minor Scaling Revision & Evaluating Ghosts creating their Homes/Realms

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Before I implement the new updates to the Danny Phantom characters that was accepted on this thread. I wanted to go over some minor scaling that was brought up.

Season 1 Scaling (Accepted)

Princess Dorathea

Season 1 characters are currently back scaling off season 2 characters because Danny is capable of fighting Princess Dorathea in her dragon form which power comes from an item which obviously doesn't grow stronger. However it is shown that in season 1 Danny can solidly fight her (0:40 to 1:40) but in season 2 which takes place after Danny grew more powerful from his previous battles, she stopped his attack cold without effort. So it's clear the amulet adds it's power on to her base power, otherwise she'd be incapable of getting stronger.

Conclusion

Since there is a clear difference in power between her appearance, Dorathea needs a season 1 and season 2 key. This has a small impact on the scaling since the only other character used for season 1 back scaling is the Fright Knight. So anyone who scale to Danny (Pre Fright Knight) will be downgraded to 8-A (Scaling to his first episode feat), while anyone who scales to Danny (Post Fright Knight) will scale to 6-C, possibly 4-A.

Adressing Some Scaling Suff (Accepted)

Here I will adress some scaling stuff that was brought up.

Fright Knight

The reason the Fright Knight doesn't have two keys for season 1 and 2 is because he went through no growth. He was unsealed and the sealed in the same episode he was introduced in, then is unleased in early season 2 and is still shown to be on Danny's level. Danny went through no major buffs after he battle with the Fright Knight to their second encounter, and the argument that Fright Knight has passive Accelerated Development falls flat when you take into consideration that he was around when Pariah Dark was free, which was long before Danny was born. So in 14 years at minimum, his passive "Accelerated Development" only managed to get him unquantifiably stronger than 8-A but in less than a month, it only buffed him to 6-C while he was sealed... That makes no sense, so no, Fright Knight is the same throughout the his appearances so late season 1 characters can back scale off him because he has feats of being comparable to season2 characters and no characters webt through any major buffs in between his appearances.

Skulktech 9.9

It was suggested that season 2 Danny (Post Ultimate Enemy) scale the Skulktech 9.9 who is accepted as at least twice as strong as him. The reason for this suggestion is because Danny survived an encounter with Skulktech and his other rouges gallery from 10 years in the future. There are multiple problems with this. First, with the exception of Skulktech 9.9, all his other enemies are unquantifiably stronger than before so they can't be used to buff him, Secondly, Skulktech only showed up later and he never visually hit Danny during the beat down which means we cannot assume he did. And finally, Danny is visually shown inferior to Technus 2.0 in a later episode... Skulktech 9.9 is Skulker + Technus that went through enough upgrades to reach 9.9. So to say Danny is even remotely comparable to Skulktech is to assume Technus (one half of Skulktech) with less upgrades is superior to a more powerful future version pf himself... which makes no sense.

Conclusion

Fright Knight doesn't gain a key for each season because he is no different throught his appearances and Danny received no major buffs in between their encounters. Season 2 Danny doesn't scale in anyway to Skulktech 9.9 as there is no visual evidence and it breaks the narrative and established scaling when you take into account his inability to defeat someone much weaker than Skulktech 9.9 in a later episode.

Re-evaluating Ghosts creating their homes/worlds (Accepted)

All relevant information is in the blog posted above. Don't worry, it's not long. If accepted, ghosts will gain Creation and Pocket Reality Manipulation that will be added to the Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) page. And Pariah Dark will have added justification to his AP that includes him being superior to ghosts that created realms that had suns and stars in them, and the possible destruction of said realms.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Danny surviving the beating from his future enemies for a while should still be added to his durability section since it is a notable feat for him.

Danny surviving the beating from his future enemies for a while should still be added to his durability section since it is a notable feat for him.
I guess. I'll add it to the durability section when I edit the profile. Do you agree with the other stuff?

Season 1 Scaling proposal seems okay.

Second scaling proposal also sounds good.

Unsure about the realms stuff.
Ok.
I knew this was coming but I thought they scrapped it. I'm hyped, and they are bringing in Vlad (So we know he survived being hit by the Disasteroid) and Dan (Who they already hinted at returning when he was denting the thermos. Though this should be talked about on the DP General Discussion Thread.

Wasn’t it unclear about the extent of how destroyed the ghost’s worlds were when Pariah destroyed them, let alone how long it took the ghosts to remake them?

Agree with everything else, though.

Wasn’t it unclear about the extent of how destroyed the ghost’s worlds were when Pariah destroyed them, let alone how long it took the ghosts to remake them?
That's why it's only a possibly at most for supporting evidence for the Tier 4 scaling which I intend on writing a note on Pariah's profile, and I can write a note in the blog as well. They'll still recive creation and pocket reality manipulation.
Agree with everything else, though.
Ok.

I've updated the blog with this at the end.

"It should also be noted that the time it takes for ghosts to create/rebuild their homes/worlds is unknown and we don't know the level of destruction Pariah Dark did when he "destroyed" their homes/worlds so at it's absolute best this can only be used as supporting evidence for the possibly tier 4 rating that has been accepted using The Reality Gauntlet feat, nothing more."

This will show that it's nothing more than possible support scaling at most for the already accepted tier 4 Reality Gauntlet feat.

Just realized, since the overall scaling was accepted in the previous thread and the the scaling change here is a minor one and has approvel, I'll go ahead and update the profiles. However, I won't include the ghost realm stuff since I think is something that will require more input.

Bump.

I've updated the profiles with the accepted scaling so now we just need to discuss the ghosts getting Creation/Pocket Reality Manipulation for creating their homes and realms.

Bump.

We still need enough input on the ghosts getting Creation and Pocket Reality Manipulation for being able to create thier own realms.

Alright, I've added the additions. I'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back