• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baseline 9-B Tournament Round 6: Strelok (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) vs Ernest P. Worrell (Ernest Movies)

In Trantor's clip, that fence is nothing spectacular; 4 planks of wood, not thick at that, that Trantor slams into the middle of, where it's the least durable. Allow me to doubt the strength of the feat.
As for "Ernest tussling with Trantor", all that clip shows is Ernest trying to get away from him. Ernest lightly tapping his foot on Trantor's face a couple times isn't what I'd call a "tussle", especially since Trantor is completely unperturbed by it and takes no damage.

sigh

This is my favoritest tournament ever. I'd never think of Strelok fighting Ernest.

Yeah, Strelok has the greater AP. Strelok compensates that with, well, guns, and that explosives transfer energy a bit differently from direct impacts.

Speed equalized is actually bad for Ernest. While I do agree that a melee fighter needs to get close to beat a shooter, it is a very bad position to be still. It gives even less time to react to shots. However, with that being said, the distance is so short and the durability difference is great enough for that to not be that much of an issue.

Abilities-wise, Strelok has the more useful stuff for a brawl, but what Ernest has, very well complements what is needed to give him an edge. Strelok has a much better mentality, skillset and intellect, and Ernest just outright outpunches him.

I'm a bit in doubt. The big problem for me is how Ernest behaves in a fight. If he takes this seriously, he wins without that much difficulty. If he plays with Strelok even if just a little at the start, it is enough for the man to systematically gun him down.

For now, I'm betting on Ernest as I feel like the very short distance, overpowering AP and superior melee-relevant abilities make the difference here, but really, this is very open-ended. Strelok will win if Ernest does not take this with absolute seriousness from the beginning.

In Trantor's clip, that fence is nothing spectacular; 4 planks of wood, not thick at that, that Trantor slams into the middle of, where it's the least durable. Allow me to doubt the strength of the feat.
As for "Ernest tussling with Trantor", all that clip shows is Ernest trying to get away from him. Ernest lightly tapping his foot on Trantor's face a couple times isn't what I'd call a "tussle", especially since Trantor is completely unperturbed by it and takes no damage.
If you think he shouldn't be 9-B you should probably do a CRT. As long as 9-B is on the profile, it's usually assumed to be the case for vs-threads.

Back