• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baseline 9-B Tournament Round 6: Strelok (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) vs Ernest P. Worrell (Ernest Movies)

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Fight takes place in an abandoned theme park at night, speed equalized, 5 meters apart.

Strelok: 3

Ernest: 3

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Speed's equalized, and luck isn't on his profile

Hmmm.....

Ernest appears to have the AP advantage.

Sterlok has shit-tons more items on him and outranges Ernest but I'm not sure he can carry all that Standard Equipment as he doesn't have the lifting strength or the way to carry them all without dimensional storage.

Both have weapon mastery so it should be pretty even.

Sterlok also has Enhanced Senses and Forcefield Creation which would help in the fight.

I'm leaning towards Ernest high-diff for having martial arts, variety, pain tolerance and teleportation which would even out the range difference

Last edited:
Lemme just tag @Oleggator

Ernest's weapon mastery isn't explained so I'd expect the military man to be more skilled in that regard. Martial Arts don't really matter since EPW oneshots anyway.

Ernest also has slight military training but Strelok does seem to be more skilled, although he only has (Knife, guns) as his weapon mastery explanation. But tbf I never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. so I'm just going off the profile

Ok I woke up.

Holy crap that's something interesting.

To point out, despite of Strelok probably missing with sniper rifle because of what I've seen higher. He still have grenades, Grenade launcher and RPG on his hand, which even if it wouldn't hit Ernest directly, would leave an explosive damage. Plus Strelok should definitely having more skill and basically intelligence to take advantages. Ernest seems to be below average in intelligence.

Considering he actualy met once the mutants that can't be damaged with only single gun or which had some sort of defense with themselves (Burer for instance (you can look at this guy's abilities below "Call of Pripyat" paragraph), Strelok would definitely go to use more effective weaponary for defense.

Oh, and considering both are 5 meters apart and fight is at night, Strelok can use Shotguns, which have more accuracy in close quarters and night vision which would let him see more than Ernest.

I think I'll vote for Strelok since he have pretty much bigger advantage in intelligence, skill and if rifles wouldn't be effective, he can go to explosives.

Last edited:
It's a fairly bright night, it's not too hard to see

Hmmm... Strelok could take advantage of the low intelligence, but then Ernest can probably take a few hits and would in return only need to get a single hit in to win. Considering his teleportation he probably is able to do that.

Unless Strelok has good showings of taking advantage of people with low intelligence, I think Ernest takes this due to stats and teleportation.

Is that in character for him? Using teleportation in combat, usually cartoony characters don't use their abilities in combat.

Wait I just checked the scan I'm stupid.

Although idk if that looks like teleporation to me

Hmmm... Strelok could take advantage of the low intelligence, but then Ernest can probably take a few hits and would in return only need to get a single hit in to win. Considering his teleportation he probably is able to do that.

Unless Strelok has good showings of taking advantage of people with low intelligence, I think Ernest takes this due to stats and teleportation.
I mean, good amount of mutants are kind of not so intelligent and rather like animals, with which Strelok takes enough good advantage.

I don't really know the character, but Ernest doesn't seem to be quite as stupid as an animal.

I don't really know the character, but Ernest doesn't seem to be quite as stupid as an animal.
At some sort, but that shouldn't make him too unpredictable, especially when he doesn't take threat series and as shown above can even get scared of a gun(?)

At some sort, but that shouldn't make him too unpredictable, especially when he doesn't take threat series and as shown above can even get scared of a gun(?)
I mean, unpredictable, no. However, it's not like he needs to be unpredictable to win. He can take the very predictable action of teleport + punch to do so.
IMO The only thing that might stand between him and victory is the possibility of Strelok abusing his stupidity to get an advantage.

I don't really have an opinion on the match itself but looking at the characters, again, I'm not 100% sure the teleportation scan is teleportation and not just Stealth Mastery.

I mean, unpredictable, no. However, it's not like he needs to be unpredictable to win. He can take the very predictable action of teleport + punch to do so.
IMO The only thing that might stand between him and victory is the possibility of Strelok abusing his stupidity to get an advantage.
I mean Strelok can just go straight to explosives which are should be enough effective.

I mean Strelok can just go straight to explosives which are should be enough effective.
He could, but will he?
And while they are effective, they would still need a few more hits to kill, wouldn't they?
I don't really have an opinion on the match itself but looking at the characters, again, I'm not 100% sure the teleportation scan is teleportation and not just Stealth Mastery.
I can just go by what's on the profile tbh. Then again, if it's stealth mastery of the extent that he completely disappears like that, would it make a difference?

He could, but will he?
And while they are effective, they would still need a few more hits to kill, wouldn't they?
I mean, if he's really not so good at combat that's his profile even notes how he can take problem not seriously, that should tell something.

I can just go by what's on the profile tbh. Then again, if it's stealth mastery of the extent that he completely disappears like that, would it make a difference?
I mean he did that to someone who was right in front of him, Strelok will likely keep his distance.

i think we did and just didn't comment on it

I think Strelok would win.

Ernest might have the stats advantage and useful abilities such as teleport, luck, regen etc. but he also seems very stupid and prone to lose time, joke with his opponents and other weird things such as not trying to avoid being shot (going by the profiles and the gif above); he is willing to kill, but being in-character also seems to prevent it to some extent.

On the other hand Strelok has higher skill, experience and a better mindset (this dude apparently survived for a long time in a place filled with monsters and other armed people) on top of several ranged and close weapons (even assuming he doesn't carry all of them) and should be able to use them and the environment to his advantage and gun Ernest down.

Ernest has several ways to win, but I don't see him taking a victory most of the times.

While Saman's arguments makes sense, what's keeping me from calling Strelok a winner is that Ernest can take a serious beating before going down, which might be enough for his versatility and unpredictability to win him the fight.

While Saman's arguments makes sense, what's keeping me from calling Strelok a winner is that Ernest can take a serious beating before going down, which might be enough for his versatility and unpredictability to win him the fight.
I mean he can, but it probably will take for a while, at least based on the fact that this weakness is noted in profile should tell something.

Strelok can very likely go for a explosives and take other environmental, skill advantages earlier.

It's worth mentioning that 9-C pistols can significantly hurt a 9-B character. Although EPW does have regen.

(also please just make it clear if a post is a vote)

In case it wasn't clear I vote Ernest. I think his stupidity won't sabotage himself so hard that he would lose with the advantages he has.

I would to invite everyone to check Ernest's durability and AP feats, because none of them seem like 9-B feats. Tell me if I'm wrong and one of them is.

Back