• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombie Apocalypse Tournament Round 1 Match 5. Strelok vs Combat Form Flood

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Killer of mutants : 0
Mutant Aliens : 7
Incon : 0

Human form used
Fight takes place in the exclusion zone, 10 meters apart
Anything above 9-B is restricted
Speed equalized

Story below

Strelok walked in the exclusion zone. It's been a few years since the radiation finally decayed and after a long while, it was safe to walk here. If only this apocalypse wasn't here. The soldier looked around, finding no mutant present. The few that he could see were running away, seemingly from something larger. Continuing his trek, he discovered a rather large space ship which had crash landed in the location. What concerned him however wasn't the space ship itself but the fact that something was moving within it.

From the wreck, a single twisted creature which were seemingly once humans crawled out, insects skittering in and out of its orifices. Strelok gripped his rifle, readying himself to fight off the monster

Last edited:
Okay.

so what exactly can poor old strelok do here?

they can take a shit ton of bullets, not only that, but once he takes one down, flood supercells would be released, which can infect him.

does he have any counter for flood supercells infecting him once he fires at one of them?

they can take a shit ton of bullets, not only that, but once he takes one down, flood supercells would be released, which can infect him.

does he have any counter for flood supercells infecting him once he fires at one of them?
Distancing himself? If it's a stomp, I can give him prior knowledge and extra distance

Also, the flood seem to have a lifting strength advantage, so they can probably just body pile him even if he had some way to deal with the flood cells

Oh, and do they have a gravemind? it wont change the match too much, but makes them far smarter.
No, definitely no
A single flood spore can infect an entire planet within hours, im not sure distancing him will save him here.
According to the page "If the infection form in a combat form is killed with a well placed shot, said combat form is reduced to a useless corpse until another infection form comes along to control it"

The infection form still retains the low-high regen with supercells, as if he doesn't aim for the infection form inside, its not goin to die any time soon

Bro i just realized combat forms don't have immortality type 1 despite the damage sponges they are lmao

infection forms don't even have surface scaling damn is their page out of date lol

but yeah, im keeping with the flood as their supercells are gonna infect him first thing after either of them attack

Well, I'll say it can be dependant on Strelok's own equipment.

Guy is so experienced that can kill entire base with tens of military soldier only at beginning of his adventures. As well as he basically travels in a City where everything could kill him on instant.

Strelok if it needed to him can keep distance (which he basically does when fighting mutants or monsters with animal-level intelligence, as well as basically those who even can try attack him instantly such as Bloodsuckers or Zombies) cause speed is equal and Strelok has Moonlight artifact which increases his stamina. Flood seems to be weak for something with strong impact, such as shotguns, grenades or grenade launcher which Strelok also have.

Everything what mentioned is not above 9-B (hello RPG-7) so It can be allowed. I had recently made calculation of 9-A explosion which Strelok can tank in some of armors but on this case he can probably be without his durable armors,not like previously Strelok was on deadly situation.

Bonus: If exclusion zone is something what I'm thinking about there might be anomalies which Strelok could use. But otherwise shotgun and explosives are basically something which seems enough to take down the flood.

The flood can take shotgun blasts head on pretty easily, explosives could be an issue, but thats not going to get by the flood's low-high regen with the supercells

so, best case scanario he shoots the combat forms, supercells infect strelok, possibly takes out a few before becoming a combat form

To me it sounds like low-high Regen is going to be tough to get through. Though I haven't played halo, so how does the Flood work? Do they multiply on hit? Passively?

Even then, from my understanding it looks like explosives are Strelok's best bet, but I'll wait for further input.

Leaning towards the Flood for now.

To me it sounds like low-high Regen is going to be tough to get through. Though I haven't played halo, so how does the Flood work? Do they multiply on hit? Passively?

Even then, from my understanding it looks like explosives are Strelok's best bet, but I'll wait for further input.

Leaning towards the Flood for now.
infection forms need a victim with enough mass and a spinal cord (thats why you dont see combat form grunts. they dont have enough mass)

supercells are the microscopic cells infection forms have inside their tendrils infront of them to infect others, so its relatively the same:

get inside, release supercells, watch them rapidly mutate.

the only difference is that sterlock cant fight the supercell back

and, they can multiply as far as im aware, its like any other disease minus the whole infecting, and more like possessing

Last edited:
Also, the claws on combat forms are made of Flood biomass, so a single hit should infect him should the attack pierce his skin

Not looking good for GI Joe over here. Flood's got an AP and presumably Dura advantage and there's 2 of them, AND they can multiply. I don't see how Strelok can reliably fight back.

Voting for Flood.

I mean, still considering it stated that they're weak to direct attacks, such as shotguns and explosives means that despite regeneration, it's at least make them struggle them.

Is there more sources for context of stuff?

the duplications should only apply to the supercell, so its not like the combat forms are gonna pull a 682 and split in half and become two more.

shotgun blasts never bothered them too much in the game (they never stagger from it, at the very least)

hell on the flood page their durability literally mention being able to shrug off shotgun blasts

I mean, still considering it stated that they're weak to direct attacks, such as shotguns and explosives means that despite regeneration, it's at least make them struggle them.

Is there more sources for context of stuff?

the infection form outside of a host dies pretty quickly, most of the time in one shot

inside a host, they can take shotgun blasts (not sure if thats game mechanics or not)

considering the fact that you can shoot what should be the infection form off a combat form and it runs around just fine, i'd say its fine taking some shotgun blasts

Just remembered that anything above 9-B is restricted, so i'll just-

Since anything above 9-B is restricted, i assume the flood has guns, so they can also shoot at strelok if it really comes down to him just distancing himself

So if they have guns would they try to take Strelok down or infect him?

I don't think they can do both at same time.

because combat forms literal durability description is: "Wall level to Building level (Some combat forms can take M90 shotgun blasts)"

so, getting close for a shotgun attack is bad, since they have shotguns, getting too far isn't possible since they have long ranged weapons, and he has to deal with the supercells that are in the air.

he simply cant fight all that at once.

so, getting close for a shotgun attack is bad, since they have shotguns, getting too far isn't possible since they have long ranged weapons
So they have Shotguns or other weapons?

Cause as far as I am aware, they won't be able to hold many weapons at once.

As well as why their durability contradicts their weakness page? Literally it's saying that Shotgun can put them down quickly.
and he has to deal with the supercells that are in the air.
I don't see something like this mentioned on profile, can I get more context?

As well as why their durability contradicts their weakness page? Literally it's saying that Shotgun can put them down quickly.
It can put them down quickly, but they can also survive a shot at certain ranges.

marines can hold two weapons each, theres two so thats four weapons they have at least, and supercells are under their regen

Back