• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombie Apocalypse Tournament Round 1 Match 5. Strelok vs Combat Form Flood

Ok, I'll also try to make CRT to add few abilities to Strelok as well as discuss few feats I calculated.

I mean, we still use the stats that are in the profiles, right? Imo it should continue until the CRT's are finished. I'm not going to wait a month for this thing to end.

I mean, we still use the stats that are in the profiles, right? Imo it should continue until the CRT's are finished. I'm not going to wait a month for this thing to end.
We probably can, wouldn't make much of a difference since the additions wont change anything to combat forms.

not sure about srelok though

With Strelok I want to cover Armors and physicals, as well as add a few abilities. I believe it wouldn't be so long.

From what i can see, the wincons for the flood are:

run over, grab strelok and infect him, which would be dead beat easy for them to do

Possibly shoot strelok to death with guns, since they should have UNSC standard equipment

or blow up, and hope that there are incredibly small openings on the suit

While my CRT have not ended on being accepted and stuff, I can say Strelok have encountered beings comparable to Flood in terms of having durable body and weapon at same time (aka brainwashed Stalkers).

And considering we are giving Exoskeleton for Strelok, it can basically defend him from bullets as good as Flood might will be defended from Strelok's shotgun.

So, they might aswell be equal in most ways except except for LS.
Which at some point matters, but still, I feel it's more likely both will try to encounter with weapons they have in hand rather than go in CQC, at least I am sure with Strelok, you can correct me on Flood.

And probably skill/experience of Strelok is helpful here too, since he has experienced similar kinds of encounters and managed to kill many of experienced stalkers, (like, one time in tournament he had to fight without armor but only with Knife and few grenades against man equipped with Exoskeleton and armed with dangerous guns), many times of using environment and his weapons with which he took advantage against group of tens experienced Stalkers/Bandits/Militaries alone, and even basically sneaking on lab and encountering many of those durable "brainwashed" Stalkers.

On the other hand, Flood on this scenario might be newborn but at same time I can see Flood theoretically have experienced Spartans and other Halo intelligent characters who should have impressive feats(?)

On the other hand, Flood on this scenario might be newborn but at same time I can see Flood theoretically have experienced Spartans and other Halo intelligent characters who should have impressive feats(?)
The UNSC does believe the flood pose a threat to Spartans, making simulations of spartans getting infected. so possibly (and they are compared to them on their page)
And probably skill/experience of Strelok is helpful here too, since he has experienced similar kinds of encounters and managed to kill many of experienced stalkers, (like, one time in tournament he had to fight without armor but only with Knife and few grenades against man equipped with Exoskeleton and armed with dangerous guns), many times of using environment and his weapons with which he took advantage against group of tens experienced Stalkers/Bandits/Militaries alone, and even basically sneaking on lab and encountering many of those durable "brainwashed" Stalkers.
The Flood currently has a UNSC marine body, so they should have the skill of one, possibly a bit better
Which at some point matters, but still, I feel it's more likely both will try to encounter with weapons they have in hand rather than go in CQC, at least I am sure with Strelok, you can correct me on Flood.
If they go to H2H, the flood is just going to grab and hold strelok down and infect him, which they could do pretty easily

I'm sticking with the flood, high diff.

The second the flood get near strelok, its all over, and with the flood's ability to live after taking bullets after bullets, and with the fact some of his guns are are only subsonic+ means that the flood can dodge some of his bullets. they should eventually catch up and grab strelok, which is a gg, as there isn't anyway strelok is breaking from their grasp, along with the flood's AP advantage, they should take this with some difficulty.

while strelok's armor does help here, the UNSC does see it as a possibility for SPARTANs to be infected by the flood, which have more secure suits than strelok does, if that means anything. strelok has range, but some of his ranged options can be dodged by the combat form, which can screw him over bad.

I wish CRT was at least approved though.

Anyway, considering if stuff for Strelok will be accepted. Strelok can pull up an RPG-7 which can give a huge problem for Flood.

I wish CRT was at least approved though.

Anyway, considering if stuff for Strelok will be accepted. Strelok can pull up an RPG-7 which can give a huge problem for Flood.
considering ammo is very scarce for the weapon, i dont see him reasonably firing a rpg at it, since its a single enemy, and he has other weapons he'd more reasonably use against a zombie.

considering ammo is very scarce for the weapon, i dont see him reasonably firing a rpg at it, since its a single enemy, and he has other weapons he'd more reasonably use against a zombie.
At one point yeah, on another this is a "zombie" he hasn't met before, so he could switch to RPG-7 at least as as soon as he'll understand the level of treat, if shotgun will not make the deal.

Considering how range is short though, highly debatable situation.

Strelok thx to CRT should be comparable in speed, at least, shotguns can reach supersonic speeds, so dodge won't be so easy for flood as it seems. Even a bit faster than Flood's reaction if Halo's Supersonic is baseline.

And one of the technical factors on this match, Strelok's skill. Experience wise, Flood and Strelok should be comparable, Strelok faced similar zombies who are capable to tank shotgun rounds, Flood has faced Spartans and other humans. To point out on this note, Strelok once fought a guy with bullet resistant armor and with submachine gun, and managed to win without an armor, but only with few explosives and knife.

So I'll vote for Strelok via skill, but to note few things, it can go either way, and I still want add stuff from CRT, ngl.

At one point yeah, on another this is a "zombie" he hasn't met before, so he could switch to RPG-7 at least as as soon as he'll understand the level of treat, if shotgun will not make the deal.
I feel by the time he figures out that its best to use the rpg, he'd be a bit too late by then and probably be grappled by then.
Considering how range is short though, highly debatable situation.
The flood wont hesitate to throw itself at him even when he has that out, so they might just ******* blow themselves both up if they try this
Flood has faced Spartans and other humans. To point out on this note, Strelok once fought a guy with bullet resistant armor and with submachine gun, and managed to win without an armor, but only with few explosives and knife.
Flood have faced, and even as a small group have shown to be a big threat to SPARTANs, and have struck the fear of god in master chief. (and if my memory serves me correctly, he was almost infected at one point as well)
So I'll vote for Strelok via skill, but to note few things, it can go either way, and I still want add stuff from CRT, ngl.
what are the chances of him pulling out the rpg and shooting at it? that could make this a solid incon as if he does, he 9/10 will blow himself up by the time he tries to use it along with the flood combat form.

Back