• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

People arguing on 'Yhwach was talking him regaining his SP in Ginjo arc' vs 'Yhwach was talking about his powers from mugetsu' shoould wait till the anime reaches that point. I'm sure the anime would expand on the Yhwach dialogue with flashback and can be decided who was right.
Depending on what the outcome is, that has a chance to just discredit the entire fanbase on making up their scaling to justify their interpretation. Imagine it’s just talking about Ginjo. Wow will this shit explode.

Huffnung having damage reflection doesn’t mean Gerard gains power 1:1. If anything Gerard turns damage into size and power, while huffnung just transfers it, aka one splits the damage into two aspects, the other just one. You send a lot of unquantifiable amps for your scans cool. And I already addressed the BanKen scan. Bleach characters spirit energy is proportional to their life force, so a Kenpachi that is tearing his own body apart and about to fall unconscious =/= healthy BanKen. At best you can say Gerard cut through his passive durability which is just less than his active durability.
Hoffnung is part of The Miracle, as Gerard describes it, given it's based on the people's fears or hopes. One reflecting damage, the other converting damage. If the reflection is 1:1 to then the conversion is 1:1 as it stems from the same ability.

Also, the onus is on you to prove it's not 1:1 because the statement of "damage to power" is 1:1. Nothing about that line reflects nor indicates it being any different than just simple 1:1. You can use Occam's Razor if you'd like as well, the simple answer would be 1:1 as there is nothing saying otherwise and the sentence structure is basic.

It's also not unquantifiable amps, we directly see that 3 Byakuya Bankai hits turned Gerard into a foe that no longer could be injured by Byakuya's Bankai. If the damage wasn't 1:1, then it would have to be more because the gap between "these 3 attacks are lethal" into "this attack has 0 effect with no scratches left on" is greater than 1:1.
So if anything, this would be more evidence that Gerard actually gains more than what he was damaged with.

In regards to Bankai Kenpachi, you're not proving anything with that assumption. Kenpachi losing his arm had nothing to do with his "life force", in fact it would be the opposite because Yachiru directly states that she is pumping Kenpachi's body beyond his limit, so at that point in time his body is at his max stats that he could possibly handle. He's literally filled with spirit energy that he physically couldn't handle it, so his durability is at his max given the influx of Spirit Energy. SO you're wrong on the additional assumption that he has low spirit energy.
I would argue this is evidence though that Bankai Kenpachi has more energy and potentially more power/attack potency than his durability.

Hoffnung is part of The Miracle, as Gerard describes it, given it's based on the people's fears or hopes. One reflecting damage, the other converting damage. If the reflection is 1:1 to then the conversion is 1:1 as it stems from the same ability.

Also, the onus is on you to prove it's not 1:1 because the statement of "damage to power" is 1:1. Nothing about that line reflects nor indicates it being any different than just simple 1:1. You can use Occam's Razor if you'd like as well, the simple answer would be 1:1 as there is nothing saying otherwise and the sentence structure is basic.

It's also not unquantifiable amps, we directly see that 3 Byakuya Bankai hits turned Gerard into a foe that no longer could be injured by Byakuya's Bankai. If the damage wasn't 1:1, then it would have to be more because the gap between "these 3 attacks are lethal" into "this attack has 0 effect with no scratches left on" is greater than 1:1.
So if anything, this would be more evidence that Gerard actually gains more than what he was damaged with.

In regards to Bankai Kenpachi, you're not proving anything with that assumption. Kenpachi losing his arm had nothing to do with his "life force", in fact it would be the opposite because Yachiru directly states that she is pumping Kenpachi's body beyond his limit, so at that point in time his body is at his max stats that he could possibly handle. He's literally filled with spirit energy that he physically couldn't handle it, so his durability is at his max given the influx of Spirit Energy. SO you're wrong on the additional assumption that he has low spirit energy.
I would argue this is evidence though that Bankai Kenpachi has more energy and potentially more power/attack potency than his durability.
No, Huffnung takes ONE thing (damage) and converts it to ONE thing (reflected damage). Gerard's body converts ONE thing (damage) and converts it to TWO things (power and size). They have a fundamental mechanical difference in what Gerard's body converts damage into vs the sword. So it is not defaulted to be 1:1 at all, that is what we call an assumption. You misunderstand what I meant by unquant, I'm merely saying that the conversion factor can't be quantified to something like 1:1 for his power.

No, Huffnung takes ONE thing (damage) and converts it to ONE thing (reflected damage). Gerard's body converts ONE thing (damage) and converts it to TWO things (power and size). They have a fundamental mechanical difference in what Gerard's body converts damage into vs the sword. So it is not defaulted to be 1:1 at all, that is what we call an assumption. You misunderstand what I meant by unquant, I'm merely saying that the conversion factor can't be quantified to something like 1:1 for his power.
His strength also corresponds to his size archy boi so even if you want to argue most of his power goes to size,his size is still based on his power
Screenshot_20221203-161829.png

His strength also corresponds to his size archy boi so even if you want to argue most of his power goes to size,his size is still based on his power
Screenshot_20221203-161829.png
That isn't proof of 1:1, you're acting like I'm refuting the fact that he got stronger 🗿

It literally says “corresponding amount of strength and stamina” in regards to his size, what more do you need? This isn’t even the first time an ability makes someone equally as strong and large.

I'm surprised this time.

of course I convert the "damage received into power", that is, it depends on the initial damage to get stronger.

If you're still in doubt, Gerard took fatal damage, converted it to power, and those damages no longer scratched him.

All damage adds to his power.

The only thing that changes is if the shinigami uses more reatsu or stronger attack than the previous one.

But that is crystal clear.

It seems that in bleach everything becomes more difficult to understand, even with a clear translation

If Gerard's size increase is proportional to his power increase, then can't his size be used to find out how many times stronger he got?
Maybe 🤔 that’s an interesting way to think of it. Although he doesn’t seem to get much bigger in comparison to the first time he gets huge, and it may not be drawn consistently.

that would be assumption

this is described: converts damage into power

so much so that the other forms don't make him that much bigger, even after taking damage from zaraki

Soon the idea is for him to become stronger than the damage he took, that's the miracle..

and not a power that is just an amplifier of the current power, it would not be logical, because then he would have to take fatal damage several times kkkkk, and he only needs it once

And you would be misunderstanding how much more powerful Gerard himself is getting. I could understand your stance if the statements didn't directly say he converts the damage into power. That's a simple statement that only means 1:1 at the very least given it holds no other clause.
Just look at the feats, he was able to convert the 3 hits from Byakuya's Bankai into power to the point that the Bankai was no longer even able to affect him.
This simple power-up from the 3 hits is actually better than a 1 to 1 conversion of damage into power, it's massively better.

I'm not trying to argue that Gerard's damage conversion into power should be higher than 1:1, that is actually unquantifiable. What we can quantify though is that Gerard converted damaged at least 1:1 given he turned 3 Bankai hits into being essentially impervious to that Bankai, a jump that would be an order of magnitude higher... higher than 1:1.

Therefore, 1st Transformation Gerard took 3 hits from Bankai Kenpachi and would also have jumped over Bankai Kenpachi's power in his 2nd Transformation just how Base Gerard took 3 hits from Bankai Byakuya and then jumped over Bankai Byakuya's power in his 1st Transformation.

Shouldn't Ichigo have possible portal creation(idk what it would be called) seeing as his dad told him to open the Garganta? Also what about the shadow thing Zangetsu uses isn't that also type of it too?

Shouldn't Ichigo have possible portal creation(idk what it would be called) seeing as his dad told him to open the Garganta? Also what about the shadow thing Zangetsu uses isn't that also type of it too?
Isshin told him to do it but then ended up doing it himself, Ichigo should be able to open a Senkaimon, Descorrer and use Shadow, but I don't remember any proof that he knows how to unfortunately.

Not to say I disagree with him having it though

Hoffnung didn’t grew stronger and bigger after it was damage. 🫠

Why do Liltotto and Giselle have CFYOW keys that are stronger than their TYBW counterparts despite the fact it's blatantly stated it took them several months to regain their strength outside the Vollstandig

Depending on what the outcome is, that has a chance to just discredit the entire fanbase on making up their scaling to justify their interpretation. Imagine it’s just talking about Ginjo. Wow will this shit explode.
I'm 99% sure that the anime will likely show Rukia stabbing Ichigo and him regaining his SP when Yhwach mentions that , there's no other reason for Kubo to put Ginjo on that panel. Imagine 90% of the fandom were wrong for 7 years.

I'm 99% sure that the anime will likely show Rukia stabbing Ichigo and him regaining his SP when Yhwach mentions that , there's no other reason for Kubo to put Ginjo on that panel. Imagine 90% of the fandom were wrong for 7 years.
That doesn't explain why TS ICHIGO Can match up to almighty Yhwach.

I don't think you understood what i meant. If that Yhwach statement is proven to be about when he regained his spiritual powers against Ginjo then one of the evidences used for scaling TS Ichigo to Dangai becomes invalid. It doesn't have any correlation to why TS Ichigo was able to fight Yhwach.

Ichigo regained his spiritual powers he lost against Aizen not his transcendant powers which he had to train for 3 months to achieve.

that panel more likely just refer to Ichigo gaining again his spiritual powers, it is the easiest interpretation, not everything is power scaling.
Im not confident that true shikai Ichigo even if at full power is stronger than the one after the Dangai training. With HOS or bankai amp sure but without is hard to say.

Toshiro’s negating powers didn’t work on Gerard. He got stronger and bigger when he got into his final form. Why didn’t the sword? 🤔
Honestly to me, the hoffung durability seems way superior to even Gerard durability.

Giant gerard was getting cut by base zaraki, the hoffung was always tanking stuff since the start, even full hits by Shikai Zaraki.

Honestly to me, the hoffung durability seems way superior to even Gerard durability.

Giant gerard was getting cut by base zaraki, the hoffung was always tanking stuff since the start, even full hits by Shikai Zaraki.
Is it because it reflects damage?

that panel more likely just refer to Ichigo gaining again his spiritual powers, it is the easiest interpretation, not everything is power scaling.
Im not confident that true shikai Ichigo even if at full power is stronger than the one after the Dangai training. With HOS or bankai amp sure but without is hard to say.
I'm also of the opinion that the statement is about him regaining his SP in the fullbring arc.

Even if you don’t think a scaling chain exists between Mugetsu and TS, remember both are solidly stronger than the WSK, so it’s not like they’d be leagues different from each other in power anyhow.

That isn't proof of 1:1, you're acting like I'm refuting the fact that he got stronger 🗿
So i guess size does matter to you🙃. Even with this rat argument your trying to pull Gerards body is made of reshi which is also power or spirit energy so his size increasing still means his power went up. His size increase is due to the amount of power he has accumulated,man is literally just a yammy clone which is why they correspond to one another

Power and size are one in the same

Last edited:
So i guess size does matter to you🙃. Even with this rat argument your trying to pull Gerards body is made of reshi which is also power or spirit energy so his size increasing still means his power went up. His size increase is due to the amount of power he has accumulated,man is literally just a yammy clone which is why they correspond to one another

Power and size are one in the same
Power and size aren’t one in the same…

famous loop of clear interpretation of something bleach.
normal in this manga apparently

converting damage to power is now 0.2x , 0.5x
very good power then kkkk

Back