• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Kenny blew off his elbow but when Gerard slams him into the ground with Hoffnung, his arm is cut off at the shoulder along with the sleeve of his shihakusho.
His arm fell off before that though, bottom left panel
11-cKMunmBMOgYcJ.jpg

Kenny blew off his elbow but when Gerard slams him into the ground with Hoffnung, his arm is cut off at the shoulder along with the sleeve of his shihakusho.
Nevermind I see what you mean, that doesn't make any sense though as the arm would be in two pieces if Gerard cut off his shoulder

My opinion is that, Byakuya's Senki > adult Toshiro and Kenpachi, however Byakuya in Bankai probably is weaker than both

Why did they add a Sun in the royal palace?
Is the soul king intelligent and conscious of what he is doing?
Does he have a will of his own?

these questions were in my head after watching the episode but forgot about them until now.

I urge you to find a scan where it says that Gerard’s amp are 1 to 1 with the damage he’s taken
It's confirmed that the stronger the damage in the attack the more he will get bigger and powerful, but I don't think it's explicitly stated that it's 1:1

Why did they add a Sun in the royal palace?
In the manga the palace appears to be well below the level limit of the atmosphere, now in the manga it seems that they have raised their height, so much so that the clouds are below the castles of division 0, the reason I do not know.
Is the soul king intelligent and conscious of what he is doing?
The Soul King has always been conscious, he just communicates differently.

I was on a facebook page about Bleach, and I saw this comment as I don't know Japanese and I found it interesting I wanted to ask those of you who know the language (or not). Mostly you @Arc7Kuroi

One of the best points of the anime for me so far was Ichibei's (and perhaps Senjumaru's) palpable contempt for the Soul King.
Kirinji and Kirio use the suffix 様 when speaking of it and demonstrate the liturgy expected in the spiritual institution in question; Ichibei, on the other hand, didn't make the slightest attempt to hide that he's ******** and walking, even in front of the captains when they were all down there.
The only time he makes any linguistic display of honorific usage is when he speaks ご意志 instead of just 意志 (ご has the same level of respect as お, the difference being that one is used with original words from Japan and the another with words of Chinese origin), but the dubbing clearly felt the mechanical memorization of this speech pattern, rather than the transmission of respect that its use usually implies.
There in the post-credits scene comes the final blow, which is when he talks directly to the King of Souls and doesn't even bother to inflect the verb into polite form and talks to him in a more lighthearted way than he would talk to any little lieutenant.
It's for this kind of thing that I waited so many years to see the anime, despite having read the manga more than 20 times.
(There is also the possibility that this is not contempt, but just a very close friendship, because then the sociolinguistics in question would be equally correct)
~Viníius Soares

The white part of his true Bankai is the scabbard
Yeah you're right, forgot about the Klub Outside answer

Though I don't see why we would assume it's weaker, according to Kubo, Zangetsu without the sheath is the true form and Ichigo absorbed the sheath when it was destroyed, so I doubt it got any weaker.

Yeah you're right, forgot about the Klub Outside answer

Though I don't see why we would assume it's weaker, according to Kubo, Zangetsu without the sheath is the true form and Ichigo absorbed the sheath when it was destroyed, so I doubt it got any weaker.
True Zangetsu > True Bankai. True Zangetsu is a state/final evolution of the Zanpakuto where Ichigo can have it take whatever shape he pleases, it’s akin to Aizen’s final evolution with KS. Becoming one with the blade, Blade is Me stuff. So it is likely stronger

Aizen theorised that fusing with the wielder is the Zanpakuto's natural form. I think the whole final evolution of a zanpakuto is when you'te completely fused with it , being able to use it's abilities without even needing to summon the sword , example being current Aizen , tho some abilities may need a sword/medium to utilise. Beyond Bankai forms from Brave Souls is the same concept .Atleast that's what i think.

Last edited:
I urge you to find a scan where it says that Gerard’s amp are 1 to 1 with the damage he’s taken
If they weren't 1:1 then neither would Hoffnung's Damage Reflection which is literally based off The Miracle as well, but we still have that on Kenpachi's profile for his durability rating.

The Miracle has always been turning damage into power, whether it was in Viz or Scanlations, but the power increase has always been proportionate to what damaged him. Such as when Kenpachi in Base cut off Gerard's hand so easily and then Gerard with his powered up hand is going blow for blow with Shikai Kenpachi.

Or how about when Gerard in Base was seemingly killed by Byakuya's Bankai hitting Gerard at least 3 times and then Gerard literally taking 0 damage from Byakuya's Bankai on 3 separate occasions. Thus, the damage Gerard had received from Byakuya's Bankai "killing" him amped Gerard more powerful than Byakuya's Bankai.

So yes, Bankai Kenpachi "killing" Gerard and cutting/damaging Gerard multiple times before that all would have amplified Gerard above Kenpachi's Bankai, which is proven given that Gerard cut through Bankai Kenpachi's shoulder.

So yes, Bankai Kenpachi "killing" Gerard and cutting/damaging Gerard multiple times before that all would have amplified Gerard above Kenpachi's Bankai, which is proven given that Gerard cut through Bankai Kenpachi's shoulder.
How do you explain Kenpachi's arm being in a single piece? I think it's much more likely that Kubo just made a mistake where he draws Kenpachi's arm ripping off below the shoulder but then includes the shoulder afterwards.

How do you explain Kenpachi's arm being in a single piece? I think it's much more likely that Kubo just made a mistake where he draws Kenpachi's arm ripping off below the shoulder but then includes the shoulder afterwards.
There’s actually multiple panels which shows Kenny’s arm damaged at the elbow so I dunno if we can say Kubo messed up on that.

what are the best arguments for TS ichigo >= dangai/mugetsu, been debating someone for a while and im getting tired of making more arguments.

what are the best arguments for TS ichigo >= dangai/mugetsu, been debating someone for a while and im getting tired of making more arguments.
basically there is no argument for dangai Ichigo > TS but there is a yhwach expression implying TS Ichigo=Dangai so an argument > 0 I guess in the simplest way.

If they weren't 1:1 then neither would Hoffnung's Damage Reflection which is literally based off The Miracle as well, but we still have that on Kenpachi's profile for his durability rating.

The Miracle has always been turning damage into power, whether it was in Viz or Scanlations, but the power increase has always been proportionate to what damaged him. Such as when Kenpachi in Base cut off Gerard's hand so easily and then Gerard with his powered up hand is going blow for blow with Shikai Kenpachi.

Or how about when Gerard in Base was seemingly killed by Byakuya's Bankai hitting Gerard at least 3 times and then Gerard literally taking 0 damage from Byakuya's Bankai on 3 separate occasions. Thus, the damage Gerard had received from Byakuya's Bankai "killing" him amped Gerard more powerful than Byakuya's Bankai.

Huffnung having damage reflection doesn’t mean Gerard gains power 1:1. If anything Gerard turns damage into size and power, while huffnung just transfers it, aka one splits the damage into two aspects, the other just one. You send a lot of unquantifiable amps for your scans cool. And I already addressed the BanKen scan. Bleach characters spirit energy is proportional to their life force, so a Kenpachi that is tearing his own body apart and about to fall unconscious =/= healthy BanKen. At best you can say Gerard cut through his passive durability which is just less than his active durability.

Do y'all think the anime's gonna show the broader range of destruction yhwach was causing to the realms or just show parts of it like in the manga?

True Zangetsu > True Bankai. True Zangetsu is a state/final evolution of the Zanpakuto where Ichigo can have it take whatever shape he pleases, it’s akin to Aizen’s final evolution with KS. Becoming one with the blade, Blade is Me stuff. So it is likely stronger
Does that include ichigos hollow form in true bankai?

Back