• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I listened to it and she says word for word the same thing that the manga does which was already rejected, and iirc there's a databook statement that states Muken appears infinitely large but isn't actually so.

I listened to it and she says word for word the same thing that the manga does which was already rejected, and iirc there's a databook statement that states Muken appears infinitely large but isn't actually so.
i had this in notes,maybe someone in here wrote this idk.

In the first scan (Bleach Chapter 523), Unohana states regarding Muken, "その音の如く無限に等しき広さを持つ", which translates to, "Like the sound of its name suggests (その音の如く), it holds (を持つ) an equivalent space (等しき広さ) to infinity (無限に)."

In the second scan (Bleach CFYOW III), it describes Muken as such, "漆黒の床の上に無限の闇", which translates to, "Infinite darkness (無限の闇) above (の上に) a jet black floor (漆黒の床)."

I also did this, so the official viz translation ****** up

muken where the kanji for “almost” in the panel isn’t their but infinite is and it’s later stated by kenpachi as “infinite hell” so why would one say almost infinite and the other infinite, clearly since the kanji is missing for almost it’s a mistranslation of viz on their part. Unofficial translations say infinite not almost infinite so it’s an incorrect translation. (殆 this is the kanji for almost and is not present)

Proof is here, in chapter from viz 523 unohana states to kenpachi その音の如く無限に等しき広さを持つ, Like the sound of its name suggests (その音の如く), it holds (を持つ) an equivalent space (等しき広さ) to infinity (無限に). None of the characters translate to almost infinite meaning it’s wrong. VIZ has had these issues with mistranslation before it’s not uncommon.

i had this in notes,maybe someone in here wrote this idk.

In the first scan (Bleach Chapter 523), Unohana states regarding Muken, "その音の如く無限に等しき広さを持つ", which translates to, "Like the sound of its name suggests (その音の如く), it holds (を持つ) an equivalent space (等しき広さ) to infinity (無限に)."

In the second scan (Bleach CFYOW III), it describes Muken as such, "漆黒の床の上に無限の闇", which translates to, "Infinite darkness (無限の闇) above (の上に) a jet black floor (漆黒の床)."

I also did this, so the official viz translation ****** up

muken where the kanji for “almost” in the panel isn’t their but infinite is and it’s later stated by kenpachi as “infinite hell” so why would one say almost infinite and the other infinite, clearly since the kanji is missing for almost it’s a mistranslation of viz on their part. Unofficial translations say infinite not almost infinite so it’s an incorrect translation. (殆 this is the kanji for almost and is not present)

Proof is here, in chapter from viz 523 unohana states to kenpachi その音の如く無限に等しき広さを持つ, Like the sound of its name suggests (その音の如く), it holds (を持つ) an equivalent space (等しき広さ) to infinity (無限に). None of the characters translate to almost infinite meaning it’s wrong. VIZ has had these issues with mistranslation before it’s not uncommon.
That's from Arc's thread a few years ago that was rejected

This is the databook scan
unknown.png

I don’t think the anime is inherently contradictory to the databook, since infinite can just mean extremely great/large. Wherein the databook would be referring to ♾️

But maybe a TYBW databook could retcon that

Current anime > any old databook info. Wouldn't that be it? Taking into account in this specific case that Kubo is heavily involved in this episode of the fight

Current anime > any old databook info. Wouldn't that be it? Taking into account in this specific case that Kubo is heavily involved in this episode of the fight
I don’t think the anime is inherently contradictory to the databook, since infinite can just mean extremely great/large. Wherein the databook would be referring to ♾️

But as I said, Unohana's voice actor says word for word exactly what the manga does

If the manga statement was rejected, and the anime is the exact same, why would it be accepted?

Tbf it doesn't say it is or isn't infinite, it's seemingly infinite to those who enter it due it its large size. So their is still a possibly it is actually infinite

The info card we get next week may actually confirm it

So Kenpachi get stronger anytime he is about to die
And

The Soul Society were even afraid of Zaraki having any training.
IS KENPACHI ZARAKI REALLY THAT POWERFUL?

Last edited:
This little introduction to Unohana and Zaraki, do you think they'll cut the flashbacks and put a full fight on the entire episode? or is there still going to happen that zaraki child against unohana, and how he came from a miserable region

This little introduction to Unohana and Zaraki, do you think they'll cut the flashbacks and put a full fight on the entire episode? or is there still going to happen that zaraki child against unohana, and how he came from a miserable region
Pretty sure they'll show the flashback

It doesn't take much for kubo to make a databook,It's pretty much just a collage of manga scans with more context.

Last edited:
Anyways Base Yama slams almost every stenritter and canon Bleach power scaling is a mess full of retcons and inconsistencies

Kubo just wants to make cool panels bro, he don't think

Don't @ at me

Anyways Base Yama slams almost every stenritter and canon Bleach power scaling is a mess full of retcons and inconsistencies

Kubo just wants to make cool panels bro, he don't think

Don't @ at me
This is the cope of someone who’s IQ isn’t high enough to accurately interpret what goes on in Bleach 😬 that’s some real Boruto brain rot

the new episode is meh
Yeah it wasn't necessarily bad but the direction was weak. The episode wasn't given much flexibility and was instead adapted panel to panel parallel to the manga. This is even more apparent when you compare Yuki Sato's work in this episode to his work in previous episodes and you'll immediately notice that the storyboard didn't really let him shine all that much.

Though here's me hoping we get Yamashita as episode director/storyboard/chief animation director for episode 10

I’d disagree, this episode did a good job adapting the key S0 moments and keeping them in tact as to not rush through the limited S0 moments we have. Also the interactions and set up between Zaraki and Unohana was superbly done. I’m glad the slowed it down for the episode to really linger on some of the story beats. It’s not as high octane as the past episodes but it’s still very good, and it builds lots of hype for the next episode.

We’re at that 522-523 range of chapters and Ichigo’s true Shikai reveal is like in 20 chapters so I think the last 4 episodes will be 5 chapter episodes

I asked this in a discord server

what do y’all think is the best Yamamoto Bankai meta and why:
0. Yama is just an ideal radiator (Low 6-B)
1. Yama is ocean vap overtime (6-A)
2. Yama is planet busting overtime (High 6-A)
3. Yama is beyond planetary (5-B to 5-A)
4. Soul Society is big (4-A)
5. Soul Society is really big (3-A)

Planetary over time is defintely the most logical one. Considering that that's by just existing he can still upscale to other feats

I asked this in a discord server

what do y’all think is the best Yamamoto Bankai meta and why:
0. Yama is just an ideal radiator (Low 6-B)
1. Yama is ocean vap overtime (6-A)
2. Yama is planet busting overtime (High 6-A)
3. Yama is beyond planetary (5-B to 5-A)
4. Soul Society is big (4-A)
5. Soul Society is really big (3-A)
Particularly I believe it would be option 2. But then comes the question if the SS is the size of a planet or not

Back