• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Byakuya and Grimmjow still wanting to kill Tsukishima even if he inserted himself into their past as an Allie. What resistance feat is that?

Hey I figured I'd just drop these here to show that lightning isn't anything special when it comes to Bleach and speed (and so I don't forget about these come the speed revision).

Relevant Kido:
Most notably one of the lowest level Kido, Hado 4 Byakurai, is a lightning base "beam" attack. Even characters like Renji who suck at Kido can use spells in the thirties, so I have no doubt that even fodder Shinigami have access to Hado 4.

https://***********.com/read-online/Bleach-chapter-158.html
Yoruichi's Shunko attacks with lightning too, and while she's a strong character, until the TYBW she's no more impressive than low-level Espada, being helpless against Yammy, and only being able to damage Aizen with special armor Urahara made.

I feel like these ^ go very well in tandem with the lightning speed Onmitsukido Corps/Assassin statement in the novels, just showing that lightning is a very fodder level speed in Bleach for Lieutenant class fighters and up. I'm sure there's a plethora of more support for this within the later arcs but I was just looking within Soul Society arc.

Just want to say that having multiple lightning spells doesn't mean much unless those spells have feats associated with them.

Just want to say that having multiple lightning spells doesn't mean much unless those spells have feats associated with them.
Can’t use the Reishi isn’t natural lighting fast excuse because Reishi was the original natural matter in the bleach verse before Reiō created matter and the human world universe and rules. Your life is the artificial matter in Bleach.

Can’t use the Reishi isn’t natural lighting fast excuse because Reishi was the original natural matter in the bleach verse before Reiō created matter and the human world universe and rules. Your life is the artificial matter in Bleach.
Who said that?

No I'm not saying having lightning attacks inherently means you're as fast as lightning.

However, in Bleach's case we have been shown that characters can outrun their own attacks, Ichigo did so against Grimmjow. My point was that attacking at lightning speeds is not an uncommon thing in Bleach (obviously harkening to the Onmitsukido Corps speed of lightning attack statements).

Bare minimum we have SS Arc Shunko Soifon able to react to Shunko Yoruichi's lightning. Despite Soifon's division being praised for their speed, it's not like she outscales the other high ranking fighters, she gets fodderized on the regular.

Side note: I think Apple thought you were saying lightning Kido aren't lightning speed, but I'm under the impression you're saying you'd want to see feats of characters dodging lightning Kido.

Last edited:
Yo.. why we don't go by the statement of SS and the world of the living being parallel to each other to get the size of SS?

I think the problem is that if we go by that statement we get three different sizes.
1. size of earth considering that by world of living it means just earth.
2. Size of finite universe considering that SK divided universe into two so by world of living it means universe (seeing how there Soul Palace exist so high up in SS and still considered to be within SS and is not in a separate dimension supports the point that by world of living and SS the size should be bigger than just earth.)
3. it is a debate whether bleach universe should be considered finite or infinite. I highly doubt there is an argument that puts bleach universe as a finite universe but there are quite a few arguments that puts it at infinite (like muken, valley of scream, dangai being infinte).

The real world is legit our world though, even actors like Robert De Niro, Ewan McGregor were mentioned in the Bleach canon. So the cosmology of the world of the living in Bleach should be the same as ours.

We don't know the size of the OG Universe before Soul King did his thing, but the world of living size is already given since it's our world, and SS is a parallel world to it.

???

@M11UTD. Yes, but then there is a contradiction - Yamamoto's bankai was said to be able to destroy SS itself is Universal then it wont be destroyed.
So, we are left with a SS that is planetary assuming it is parallel to earth and a Spiritual universe that SK separated and SS is.
There is a possibility that SS planet is much bigger than Earth because it said that they are parallel not mirrored but that possibility is small since SK separated the two universes it will be assumed that earth and the universe was divided into to a physical earth and a spiritual earth and the place where SS is spiritual earth in spiritual universe.

Last edited:
Yes, but then there is a contradiction - Yamamoto's bankai was said to be able to destroy SS itself is Universal then it wont be destroyed.
So, we are left with a SS that is planetary assuming it is parallel to earth and a Spiritual universe that SK separated and SS is.
There is a possibility that SS planet is much bigger than Earth because it said that they are parallel not mirrored but that possibility is small since SK separated the two universes it will be assumed that earth and the universe was divided into to a physical earth and a spiritual earth and the place where SS is spiritual earth in spiritual universe.
if we take the context for yama it should be the planet only and not the realm as they were talking about how the water in the atmosphere was disappearing
there is no reason to assume the planet is larger than earth according to bleach wiki royal palace is another dimension "Soul King Palace (霊王宮, Reiōkyū) is a separate dimension kept suspended above Soul Society that serves as the official residence of the Soul King and its Royal Guard.[1]" it was most likely something that was created after separating the og universes and not something thats in both wotl and ss like muken

???

@M11UTD. Yes, but then there is a contradiction - Yamamoto's bankai was said to be able to destroy SS itself is Universal then it wont be destroyed.
Context is really important, the statement I'm referring to is about the dimensions while Yama's bankai was only going to destroy the planet.

isn't dangai infinite ? Idk where but it was stated that Dangai is a infinitely stretching corridor or something like that but I remember it was. Someone must know.

Ichigo physically broke the barriers between soul palace and Ss.

Urahara and others physically travelled to SP.

It is not in a different dimension it is more of a locked space in SS where not even beings who can easily travel between dimensions can go.
That is why Yhwach teleporting from there was a feat that proved his power.
Yhwach before couldn't do that because of the 72 barriers but later he absorbs SK and has enough power to ignore those barriers.

Last edited:
It's not that ..Its infinite because it has infinite number of branches. It's not there is only one corridor. Its like a web that is spreading out in all direction with a lot of branches.

I've been translating bits and pieces of CFYOW III and there's some interesting statements regarding Bleach's cosmology I'll just say that.

Back