• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki soul manipulation CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
These debunks make less sense then some of the moves in baki.
No fr

First it was there not souls which was debunked. Then it was that they didn’t cause then which was also debunked. Then they somehow got stupider? Then they argued that since they were all attacks in the head Despite being different that somehow invalidates all of them which was debunked.

And the verse mechanics is the worst one so far. Guys when characters die in the verse there soul don’t come out, the most blatant example is all the people musashi murders in the story it being a fighter or a regular civilian there isn’t a soul flying out of there body afterwards

Only unique to Baki himself he’s the only character that can revive himself
I'm talking about when his soul left his body... And baki even says it, when he died or was close to death, his soul started leaving his body
dfWcPbQ_d.webp
S3RiRtZ_d.webp

Guys when characters die in the verse there soul don’t come out
So this is literally incorrect

But of course you don't wanna accept being wrong

Ah yes posting an image like I haven’t seen it. Again nothing I said was wrong only Baki has this ability, even then you can say Baki willpower is letting him come back to life

So this is literally incorrect

But of course you don't wanna accept being wrong
Ah yes monkey because all the people Musashi were killing there souls were just popping out left and right. You obviously have read Baki dou and not like 50 chapters of the beginning of the series because of how much you think you know.

Anyway this thread is basically accepted at this point. I’m gonna get someone to close it so I can start from the next one

Yeah no I'm still vehemently against soul manip for them. So you mean to tell me they have soul manip from hitting their opponent's soul out of their body? Again, that's not how "manipulation" works. If you have to physically hit the person to near death (or in Yujiro's case, just straight up death), then you're not doing anything to the soul directly. Why would that constitute soul manipulation?

Yeah no I'm still vehemently against soul manip for them.
Give good arguments against it then because all of them have been terrible so far

So you mean to tell me they have soul manip from hitting their opponent's soul out of their body? Again, that's not how "manipulation" works.
I don’t even know how you answered your own question but there you go. “the action of manipulating something in a skillful manner” is the definition of manipulation so again there is not a problem with this at all.

If you have to physically hit the person to near death (or in Yujiro's case, just straight up death), then you're not doing anything to the soul directly. Why would that constitute soul manipulation?
Proves to me that you haven’t even been paying attention. No you don’t have to be near death, because none of the fighters in the scans were ******* near death. Musashi was fine and so we’re the two sumo’s.

If you find it hard to believe I don’t blame you I guess but all the Monkey tried the same to Argued the same point and failed. So again unless you have something new stoping repeating the same points.

Yes I've read Baki Dou and Dou II. I know the context. I still disagree because if Baki characters had legitimate soul manipulation, don't you think they would make it more prominent? Baki wrestled a giant imaginary mantis and not once have they ever brought up the fact that Baki can physically interact with souls.

I'm willing to concede to like, enhanced senses since Baki can see Yuichiro's ghost, but the one and only time souls have been mentioned in the entire series is when Musashi needed his to become animate.

Also the soul leaving the body is a trope. I don't think it's meant to be literal here.

Yes I've read Baki Dou and Dou II. I know the context. I still disagree because if Baki characters had legitimate soul manipulation, don't you think they would make it more prominent? Baki wrestled a giant imaginary mantis and not once have they ever brought up the fact that Baki can physically interact with souls.

I'm willing to concede to like, enhanced senses since Baki can see Yuichiro's ghost, but the one and only time souls have been mentioned in the entire series is when Musashi needed his to become animate.

Also the soul leaving the body is a trope. I don't think it's meant to be literal here.
Before we continue I see your point but I still disagree with them. Also ew call it Baki 2018 not Dou ll🤢

I still disagree because if Baki characters had legitimate soul manipulation, don't you think they would make it more prominent? Baki wrestled a giant imaginary mantis and not once have they ever brought up the fact that Baki can physically interact with souls.
Not really? I mean we seen five characters doing it and ghost appearing in Baki before so this really wouldn’t be a huge deal to the cast. Also since I should explain since I’ve really haven’t the soul removal abilities will only be temporary since that’s what happen for the four fights. Also I don’t understand how you think the soul stuff is a stretch when in the mantis fight the mf was floating in midair.

That wasn’t my Argument OK? Also no wrong they have been mentioned in the OG grappler Baki

Here’s the thing, So you know Ippo right? And how they have Image training in order to prepare for fights right? Baki imaginary is ******* real to the point people can see ******* dinosaurs. Why is this my example? Because it show how this shit just happens in the Baki verse. This isn’t Flowery language about how a character “felt” like he got hit so hard his soul removed it just happened.

Also is like completely different from any trope I’ve ever seen in cartoon and manga. Cartoon are cartoons but I can the soul manipulation here is different from other animes

Katsumi make a soul come back to the body just kicking him, how tf that isn't soul manipulation.

Agree with everything but have a question.

This works only with characters who have inferior/comparable AP?, we never see a weaker character use this to kill a stronger one, since the ability is used via physical attacks, it still working if you can't damage your enemy to begin with?

Katsumi make a soul come back to the body just kicking him, how tf that isn't soul manipulation.

Agree with everything but have a question.

This works only with characters who have inferior/comparable AP?, we never see a weaker character use this to kill a stronger one, since the ability is used via physical attacks, it still working if you can't damage your enemy to begin with?
Eh not really? Besides the Yujiro example( which isn’t really fair lol) all the characters there are comparable to each other. Also Tokigawa sister is like 10-C lol

Yeah this isn't like a conventional soul Manipulation like for example, Bleach. They can't target the soul directly, and it's a temporary effect.

At the end of the day the shit still counts as Soul Manipulation.

Eh not really? Besides the Yujiro example( which isn’t really fair lol) all the characters there are comparable to each other. Also Tokigawa sister is like 10-C lol
I know, but i'm talking like, Shobun Rom vs Oliva, when he break his hand attacking him, it would work when you have that level of difference against you?, like you can't even move your opponent, this would still work?

Sabuko Tokugawa is really an special case since she can manipulate souls of people she's not even seeing, she clearly has a way superior ability.

Agree. I think that OP makes more sense. In Baki, many characters' heads were severely injured and many characters were close to death, but no one's soul was removed. Only a limited number of characters such as Baki and Yujirou have shown that they can remove souls with their techniques, so this is not a verse mechanic

how about y'all stop making fun of your opponents before things get out of hand and you get reported? People have a right to agree or disagree yet a simple "disagree FRA" caused y'all to make fun of it. That ain't cash money of you. Anyways i won't argue against or for soul manip however i will bring up a few things.

Soul manipulation is the warping and control of souls. You grab a soul and rip it out of someone's body, you absorb a soul, you ingore durability and attack the soul directly, that is all soul manipulation. Punching a soul or shattering with a punch would just be NPI.

Dr. Strange's soul hax is weird but forcing a soul out of their body in that case would probably be more astral projection tbh as it is a theme in the movie that you can come out of your body into your astral body.

Make what you will out of it. If someone can kick someone so hard the soul comes out of them but at the same time they only do that when they kick hard enough to knock the person out and they cannot directly interact with it then idk if that is soul manipulation, maybe it is, it is up to the mods and baki supporters. I would say that if it was an ability that can directly interact with the soul and kick it out then yes that would be SM however if it is an aftereffect of a normal physical kick then i don't know, feels a bit sus.
It's not up to me though, i am just adding cards to the deck.

Also, which other staff members have responded to this thread?

I was told that @Zaratthustra and @Sir_Ovens rejected this thread, but that it was closed as if it had been accepted anyway. Is this correct?

Because both of there points were responded to and rejected.

Zara argument was that the get hit in the head and that’s it. Which doesn’t even matter and was dumb to even bring up.

Same with Ovens all his points were responded to and rejected.

Astral projection was also rejected because that’s more manipulation of the characters soul. These characters are removing others souls with there attacks which is manipulating by its definition. And baki even has this ability so it’s definitely different

If you want the tldr the scans are showing that these are souls. The characters hitting them aren’t just with kicks for most of the scan they are removing them with there attacks. Even then it will only be temporary souls removal.

Okay. Would somebody be willing to write a single post that explains everything that needs to be evaluated here in an easy to understand manner please? After that has been done, I can summon all of the staff members who responded here earlier to evaluate it.

Okay. Would somebody be willing to write a single post that explains everything that needs to be evaluated here in an easy to understand manner please? After that has been done, I can summon all of the staff members who responded here earlier to evaluate it.
Literally none of my points have ever changed during the OP. There all there and again very obvious. I like to thing it’s because it’s in Baki which the series itself is silly and people are just not used to shit like this.

Last edited:
Okay. So can somebody list all of the staff members who commented here previously please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back