• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki soul manipulation CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I’m not joking as this is fr.

Baki the grappler have established consistently throughout the series that souls exist there a real thing.

At first it would apply to tokugawa sister but reading the series for the new upgrades have shown this to be a consistent thing.

Yujiro Soul manipulation
Katsumi Soul manipulation
Doppo Soul manipulation
Baki Soul manipulation
Tokigawa sister soul manipulation

While originally some would make the argument that this would only apply to Yujiro, with the feats from Katsumi and Doppo of all people show that this is just a thing Baki characters can do.

Oh and I Couple of things. No this isn’t AP. You literally can’t remove someone soul with high AP. Yes they are souls. They are consistent drawn the same way with the soul leaving there body, the musashi arc proving this even more.

This will be a quick one because of how simple it is tbh. This would give the main cast soul manipulation

Last edited:
Yeah I can buy that Tokigawa's sister has legitimate soul manipulation, but these are just showings of a person losing consciousness after being hit really hard. None of the scans you've posted even allude to soul manipulation because they're all done with physical contact.

At the very best, this is just hitting so hard their soul exits their body, which would still only be physical AP.

If you hit someone hard enough that they bleed, you still won't get blood manipulation.

So hitting someone so hard that their soul emerges probably shouldn't get soul manipulation either.
It could be astral projection though.

Link doesn't work
Works fine for me

Yeah I can buy that Tokigawa's sister has legitimate soul manipulation, but these are just showings of a person losing consciousness after being hit really hard. None of the scans you've posted even allude to soul manipulation because they're all done with physical contact.

At the very best, this is just hitting so hard their soul exits their body, which would still only be physical AP.
What? Yujiro literally kills the person in his scan and sends his soul somewhere else. Also just because it’s physically doesn’t Automatically disqualified it. Show me other verse that have this, that have characters hitting someone to remove there soul. And yes it’s pretty obvious they are souls, they are drawn in the same way Tokigawa sister can affect souls.

These feats look more like Astral Projection to me.
Don’t the characters have to choose to remove there body? Isn’t that more of a choice for the user itself and not the Opponent

If you hit someone hard enough that they bleed, you still won't get blood manipulation.

So hitting someone so hard that their soul emerges probably shouldn't get soul manipulation either.
What? that’s still removing there souls tho😭

Astral projection is just the ability to remove someone's soul/spirit from their body. Which seems to be exactly what they're doing here.

What? Yujiro literally kills the person in his scan and sends his soul somewhere else. Also just because it’s physically doesn’t Automatically disqualified it. Show me other verse that have this, that have characters hitting someone to remove there soul. And yes it’s pretty obvious they are souls, they are drawn in the same way Tokigawa sister can affect souls.
Pray tell, what happens when someone dies? Their soul exits their body. I can give you numerous examples of something like this happening without the characters having soul manipulation.

One would be Tom and Jerry. Another would be The Amazing World of Gumball. Any slapstick cartoon has this to be honest.

I'm agreeing with oven as well about this... It doesn't look like they are literally affecting their soul more so an aftereffect of their soul flying away from a critical hit

For example I mean that if you have water drenched all over you and someone punches you very hard so that the water flies away, that wouldn't be water manipulation, as his not literally manipulating it and is just an aftereffect of what happens... Something like that

Pray tell, what happens when someone dies? Their soul exits their body. I can give you numerous examples of something like this happening without the characters having soul manipulation.

One would be Tom and Jerry. Another would be The Amazing World of Gumball. Any slapstick cartoon has this to be honest.
Wow! Excellent strawman Ovens! Using actual cartoon characters to try a debunk a battle manga.

Oh and let’s go further, when homelander dies against Black Noir his soul obviously gets sent to heaven because when someone dies there soul gets sent to heaven

I'm agreeing with oven as well about this... It doesn't look like they are literally affecting their soul more so an aftereffect of their soul flying away from a critical hit

For example I mean that if you have water drenched all over you and someone punches you very hard so that the water flies away, that wouldn't be water manipulation, as his not literally manipulating it and is just an aftereffect of what happens... Something like that
Your wrong. Show me a verse that make it so that the souls literally exit there body by punching them.

I don't really care about the outcome of this thread but the comparison between of what happens within the scans to things like striking someone that's doused in water and causing the water droplets to move being considered as Water Manipulation is completely wrong and shouldn't be used as a counter.

The difference between Soul Manipulation and all of the state stuff above is that Souls aren't something you can tangibly "hit" out of someone, you'd inherently have to have somesort of Soul Manipulation since Souls aren't tangible things like water or blood and such couldn't be forcefully remove from someone with pure physical force alone.

Your wrong. Show me a verse that make it so that the souls literally exit there body by punching them.
I'm talking about this verse specifically... Not any other verse, the proof that you have is them affecting their body so that they are so close to death or getting insanely damaged/unconscious that their souls are going outside their body. You don't have any other provided proof that they are directly affecting their soul

That's how I see it

The difference between Soul Manipulation and all of the state stuff above is that Souls aren't something you can tangibly "hit" out of someone, you'd inherently have to have somesort of Soul Manipulation since Souls aren't tangible things like water or blood and such couldn't be forcefully remove from someone with pure physical force alone.
Its still fundamentally the same with water.. They aren't literally touching the water.. Both are still aftereffects of hitting someone badly, just because they can't physically interact with the soul as much as you can with water doesn't make it not the same (fundamentally) when you hit someone to the point of those types of aftereffects

You wouldn't get mind manipulation by knocking someone out physically

I don't really care about the outcome of this thread but the comparison between of what happens within the scans to things like striking someone that's doused in water and causing the water droplets to move being considered as Water Manipulation is completely wrong and shouldn't be used as a counter.

Literally this. A I stated in the OP you can’t affect them unless you have soul manipulation.

I'm talking about this verse specifically... Not any other verse, the proof that you have is them affecting their body so that they are so close to death or getting insanely damaged/unconscious that their souls are going outside their body. You don't have any other provided proof that they are directly affecting their soul

That's how I see it
TF? Well the way you is wrong, literally all of the soul getting removed are cause by the characters. They are still removing the souls no matter how damage they are. Also again you still have no idea what your talking about, Yujiro scan? The guy is perfectly fine before Yujiro sends his ass to the shadow realm

Its still fundamentally the same with water.. They aren't literally touching the water.. Both are still aftereffects of hitting someone badly, just because they can't physically interact with the soul as much as you can with water doesn't make it not the same (fundamentally) when you hit someone to the point of those types of aftereffects

What tf are you on? There’s a complete difference between what your saying and the scans happening. Tell me here is Tokigawa sister just using soul manipulation to remove musashi soul is not mind manipulation because she had to physically get to Musashi in order to do
That

This doesn't address what i said Monkey.

Water Manipulation and Soul Manipulation can't be compared to each other in such a way since no matter hard you'd hit someone you'll never knock their soul out since souls aren't something you can physically remove with pure power alone.

You'd need to have somesort of Soul Manipulation to remove the soul of someone.

I still personally disagree with Astral Projection as well as they aren't the ones doing it but their souls themselves doing it via your body getting insanely hurt/unconscious

Yeah Musashi soul just wanted to leave his body after Baki attacked him. Same with Yujiro bodyguard his soul just wanted to gtfo of there

I still personally disagree with Astral Projection as well as they aren't the ones doing it but their souls themselves doing it via your body getting insanely hurt/unconscious
Uhm, what exactly do you mean here? It seems to me like they're punching the souls out of their bodies. Maybe in Baki, if you hit someone hard enough, their soul separates from them.

Are you arguing that the person's soul is willingly coming out? That seems like a strange thing to say.

You'd need to have somesort of Soul Manipulation to remove the soul of someone.
No you don't, you can bring someone so close to death that their souls will start fading away/fly away which is what's shown with the scan... All of them are getting destroyed to the point of unconsciousness where the souls is leaving their body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back