• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azure Striker vs Yellow Flash

Okay I ****** up the actual words

Basically GV says "yo it's hecka hot in here"

And that

"An ordinary person would be dehydrated in mere moments"

He stated himself that he cannot use Sage Mode for long and that he struggles to build it up. So I'm not quite sure what you're trying to argue.

Probably the same skill at sage mode (but then again how did he master KCM2 while dead). Also if I recall Minato did just close his eyes and open em and then bam sage mode, but I recall him standing still for awhile before he did that

And after he said that he proceeded to go into sage mode in 2 seconds. That's most likely just him underestimating himself
He stated himself that he cannot use Sage Mode for long and that he struggles to build it up. So I'm not quite sure what you're trying to argue.

Even Kakashi states that he wasn't too good at Senjutsu either, so it wasn't an understatement.
latest.png

Nah that's not how Reanimation works. But read my thinger above. Minato may have well actually trained in the afterlife lmao cuz he mastered KCM2 while dead

I feel like Minato won't really think about it the first thing in this fight, maybe when he realizes GV is significantly faster or when he pops Septimal Surge

Or even worse

H e a l i n g

And I don't see how you can assume that after a clear statement from the person in question, and a knowledgeable source, stating that it takes too long to build it up and it doesn't last long.

He literally stated that Senjutsu not being his forte is an understatement. He also has never used it in real combat, outside of Edo Tensei of course. He's most definitely not using it here.

It isn't a valid one if it got debunked in the next chapter. There'd be 0 reasons to say edo tensei helps you with gathering sage mode. Him underestimating himself is more reliable than assuming edo tensei helps with gathering nature energy which doesn't have anything backing it up afaik. And if edo tensei helped him with gathering nature energy he would've stated so

It's fine, it's only gonna help defensively for Minato for the most part. What is he gonna do about the Flashfield and GV's versatility? His healing (like, full healing) is probably Minato's biggest issue, after getting past all of his other electric defenses

That really sucks. And from what I remember he's at least a perfect sage since when he turned SM in edo tensei he didn't have to struggle with turning into a frog. But we gotta use profiles.

It's fine, it's only gonna help defensively for Minato for the most part. What is he gonna do about the Flashfield and GV's versatility? His healing (like, full healing) is probably Minato's biggest issue, after getting past all of his other electric defenses
Oh yeah from the profiles it says GV can heal by 50% or 100%. They sound like game mechanics idk. It might make this a stomp if GV can just heal a lot whilst having comparable stamina to minato + a speed advantage (although not a big one) What's flashfield btw?

Oh yeah from the profiles it says GV can heal by 50% or 100%. They sound like game mechanics idk. It might make this a stomp if GV can just heal a lot whilst having comparable stamina to minato + a speed advantage (although not a big one)

I don't know man, healing is healing. Idk how we can estimate healing to be lower than it is

What's flashfield btw?
EEE the profile man the prooofiiillllleeee i worked on it for a reasssssonnn (he doesn't need to tag minato to do it btw)

I don't know man, healing is healing. Idk how we can estimate healing to be lower than it is

EEE the profile man the prooofiiillllleeee i worked on it for a reasssssonnn (he doesn't need to tag minato to do it btw)
if its 100% does it mean like, it can heal him from any injuries? Not sure what 100% is supposed to mean.

can you tell me which part of the profile? His profile is kinda long, I'd appreciate a short summary

Edit: Nvm I found it

So I've read a few and I didn't even finish it to know this isn't fair, I'm assuming GV uses it alot IC cause you brought it up and his profile says, "Those within the radius of the Flashfield get shocked, gradually being electrocuted and eventually dying in seconds, at least, for a normal human." This match is a borderline stomp, GV Can heal, Has an AP and Speed advantage, Has comparable stamina, Has a flashfield which kills people in seconds, Flashfield also homes lightning at targets which he has tagged, It can defend him from physical attacks which is what minato usually does. Seriously, What can minato do here?

The flashfield without tagging won't do crap to Minato, i mean yeah it'll hurt but what i mean by kill people in seconds i mean like... normal dudes, normal enemies.

I'd imagine Minato can reflect GV's lightning moves with Guiding Thunder (maybe? he can do it with his bolts and have him zap himself), just sacrifice his health to get his hits in, throw kunais, Shadow Clone suicide attacks, etc. He'd be able to figure out the EP System too and force out GV to use Flashfield to spend it

Last edited:
The flashfield without tagging won't do crap to Minato, i mean yeah it'll hurt but what i mean by kill people in seconds i mean like... normal dudes, normal enemies
Minato doesn't have resistance to electricity manipulation so idk how that will work out.

Er, neither do like, most others in the verse, he could just power through em to get in his attack in, melee attacks can work (sometimes throwing Kunai too but that is pretty inconsistent since Elise did that and did jack squat), but Minato has that intelligence to understand how GV doesn’t have an unlimited source of EP (Ignore Split Second eee)

Last edited:
I still don't see how minato wins. because flashfield and for what I know he could have a shitton more abilities under his belt

The flashfield without tagging won't do crap to Minato, i mean yeah it'll hurt but what i mean by kill people in seconds i mean like... normal dudes, normal enemies.

I'd imagine Minato can reflect GV's lightning moves with Guiding Thunder (maybe? he can do it with his bolts and have him zap himself), just sacrifice his health to get his hits in, throw kunais, Shadow Clone suicide attacks, etc. He'd be able to figure out the EP System too and force out GV to use Flashfield to spend it
EEE

I'm pretty sure Minato can do any of these options and make em work, especially the last one. He can likely tank flashfield so long as he isn't tagged once he figured out it's all sting and no (well, a little) damage. Also I can restrict Surge and Shield ig

Flashfield is a bit overestimated here, surprisingly. In the Deku fight they were arguing that Izuku could out play and make GV use his EP, and get him while he was recharging. Minato with his teleportation should be able to do the same, plus he’s smarter

Last edited:
Nah like, it was through like... A really hot room. And he's just waltzing in. Like imagine a really hot sunny day but you instantly faint from the heat. The sun didn't like, punch or anything you just collapsed from the heat

Also I guess the >33 eeee

Anyways GV does have teleportation on a technical level (Blade, the person with his same Septima Inductors can teleport from seemingly far distances out of nowhere), but he never used it himself in combat. He showcased it in a crossover fighting game 'Blade Strangers" but that's about it. I'm pretty sure Nierre meant GV has counters to it like Flashfield which pretty much nulls any close quater attempt, unless Minato wants to risk getting hit for a swipe at GV, in which GV can still dodge
Actually, heat is just another form of joules of energy. So yeah, withstanding it is considered a durability feat.

So then TP is basically null and void for him.

Minato can do a surprise attack from behind with FTG.
Even Kakashi states that he wasn't too good at Senjutsu either, so it wasn't an understatement.
latest.png
Nah that's not how Reanimation works. But read my thinger above. Minato may have well actually trained in the afterlife lmao cuz he mastered KCM2 while dead
Nah, he was definitely referring to his current skill at SM as an Edo Tensei. Because the reason he was talking about his skill was in the context of using it against Juubidara. Minato was just being modest. He literally has the fastest SM activation speed in the series.
You're gonna have to make a CRT for that then, cause that's his weakness on his profile.
"Too long" is a very vague term, so a millisecond can be too long in a battle of such high speed, and it wouldn't necessarily contradict the profiles.
How effective is his healing?
EEE

I'm pretty sure Minato can do any of these options and make em work, especially the last one. He can likely tank flashfield so long as he isn't tagged once he figured out it's all sting and no (well, a little) damage. Also I can restrict Surge and Shield ig

Flashfield is a bit overestimated here, surprisingly. In the Deku fight they were arguing that Izuku could out play and make GV use his EP, and get him while he was recharging. Minato with his teleportation should be able to do the same, plus he’s smarter
I just read a bit of his page and it says flashfield can't stop energy attacks. So he can use a long distance wind attack to hit him in that barrier?

Actually, heat is just another form of joules of energy. So yeah, withstanding it is considered a durability feat.
Heat can't be used for AP or Durability anymore.

Anyways, GV can also endure an Iron Maiden and a song that he describes as slowly tearing him apart. Not to mention his attack on the Star Dragon Satellite lasted until an unknown time at night until the sun came up, and Gunvolt was fighting for most of that time.

Heat can't be used for AP or Durability anymore.

Anyways, GV can also endure an Iron Maiden and a song that he describes as slowly tearing him apart. Not to mention his attack on the Star Dragon Satellite lasted until an unknown time at night until the sun came up, and Gunvolt was fighting for most of that time.
Why? Anyways, at best it's an endurance feat which is related to but not the same as stamina.

Pretty great stamina, I'll admit.

EEE

My wording was wrong, its not just flashfield that makes this a mismatch against base minato. GV can heal by 100%, Has the advantage at every stats and Idk what was the verdict but if minato really sucked at sm while he was alive then thats another thing, also if he gets tagged by one of GV's bolt lightning will home at him. And alright lets say he no diffs the flashfield, What does he then do? Any attack including rasengan? GV Heals. Shadow clones? Flashfield gets rid of those cause shadow clones die in one touch. Any attack he throws is just getting tanked due to a massive 5x Advantage + Healing and minato can't outlast either. I made arguments for minato above under the impression he can use SM here which I still think he'll be able to because then he can use SM's strength Amp + Extrasensory perception to sense GV easier.

Ah crap Smashor mentioned a feat that isn’t on GV’s page, I better shove that in also rip heat feats

So then TP is basically null and void for him.

Minato can do a surprise attack from behind with FTG.

Nah, he was definitely referring to his current skill at SM as an Edo Tensei. Because the reason he was talking about his skill was in the context of using it against Juubidara. Minato was just being modest. He literally has the fastest SM activation speed in the series.

"Too long" is a very vague term, so a millisecond can be too long in a battle of such high speed, and it wouldn't necessarily contradict the profiles.

How effective is his healing?

I just read a bit of his page and it says flashfield can't stop energy attacks. So he can use a long distance wind attack to hit him in that barrier?
Yeah GV basically doesn’t have TP. He’s definitely dealt with a lot of teleport users before, but they aren’t as effective as Minato with it. GV should be able to react and counter with a Flashfield because Flashfield, while not all that powerful on its own, does sting- and Minato is probably intelligent enough not to get hit by that until he understands it fully, GV would have to switch to Astrasphere or just dodging normally

Well, I don’t mind Sage Mode as a thing, he probably won’t pop it until GV pulls out a heal

GV’s healing is, 100% healing. It takes up a notable amount of his win sauce but it’s there

Flashfield for the most part can’t stop Energy attacks. For Fire attacks, it depends, some attacks go through and some don’t but it’s more likely that it will. For wind, yeah, that can work, GV’s movement has been affected by wind before (not in an attack tho). I don’t expect Minato to use long range Ninjutsu, he’d probably use it even later than Sage Mode.

Also AP Gap got fixed, no longer 5x, plus I say A-OK for Sage Mode, just that Minato probably won’t go in it right away

Last edited:
Also, I don’t like the idea of this, but if we really need to do it we can equalize speed

Alright this sounds way better. Does GV's healing require stamina or any energy resource of some sort? Also I'd argue with sage mode minato will have the AP advantage cause sage mode is a huge amp, it'll also let minato sense GV's attacks so dodging is now easier. Fight really depends on if GV's healing is exhaustible or not and how long will it take to exhaust it

Alright allow me to explain the SP System really fast, it’s a game mechanic, but it’s really useful for insight on GV’s capabilities

In the game you have 3 “Skill Points”, they constantly recharge over time (1 minute, 4 seconds in gameplay). Almost all Skills GV has aside from whatever is in his ”Basic Capabilities” Tab use SP (so, any Skill aside from Crashbolt and Drafonsphere).

For example, Galvanic Renewal (Full Healing), takes 2 SP, and Septimal Surge (Double Attack) 1 SP

However, this is not the same as stamina, GV can function perfectly fine without SP, plus they regenerate (somewhat fast due to speed gaps but not fast enough just ignore it’s flaws). Septima are Psychic powers, so this makes sense.

Here’s an issue with the SP System though, it’s still first and foremost a game mechanic. It only represents GV’s Limits, but it isn’t concrete. Take this example:

Split Second is a Skill that renews GV’s EP (Basic Capabilities Gauge), even when Overheated (thing that happens when he uses EP too much and he forgets to recharge. It may cost 1 SP (Galvanic Patch, 25%, costs 1 SP as well), but in his boss fight you can trigger it way more times than the mechanics allow for in gameplay. In other words, there is not set limit to how much “1 SP” takes. GV can definitely use it a lot of times to make this match last long, so long as Minato doesn’t end things quick, which won’t happen until he turns on Sage Mode, which he won’t go for right away

However, I seriously doubt that GV’s Healing will turn out like this:

Last edited:
GV can also Amp his Attack and Defense by 2x (lasts 30 seconds in gameplay) to even the odds, but it still follows the same SP “rules”, and his Offensive Skills are obviously much scarier than his normal attacks. Since Minato may not think of Sage Jutsu or long range Ninjutsu, GV starts with the advantage

I would also assume that Minato still requires some time to get Sage Mode ready, yes he closed his eyes and then opened them and then he had Sage Mode, but I do recall him standing there for a decent amount of time to gather Nature Energy. He’d probably need Shadow Clones and FTG to make it possible

I’d still expect GV to pull off Full Healing at least 1 or 2 times depending on how long Minato takes to get past GV’s Speed, Initial AP, and Flashfield/Astra/Skills (Crashbolt in particular)

We’ve also seen him just, make his body all electric like (he does it passively in his games too look cool, though there’s no actual application), and in various other media such as the OVA and Blade Strangers, he coats his body in electricity to hit with an electric touch (at least in the latter)

Last edited:
So basically, He has 3 SP and His healing requires 2, and it takes 1 minute and 11 seconds to recharge one SP. Yes minato won't pop SM at the start of the fight but he'll use it very quickly, he can also use shunshin as well which is a huge speed amp and he'll use it if he's in a pinch I'd assume. Shunshin might make their speed close to each other which is a bad thing for GV because of FTG + SM senses, I'd argue minato has the AP advantage with SM but its very small and GV has healing although it takes time. I think the fight basically boils down to if minato can overwhelm GV's healing and stamina before he himself runs out of stamina.

1 Minute and 11 Seconds in gameplay, again with the Split Second Example

Here’s an issue with the SP System though, it’s still first and foremost a game mechanic. It only represents GV’s Limits, but it isn’t concrete. Take this example:

Split Second is a Skill that renews GV’s EP (Basic Capabilities Gauge), even when Overheated (thing that happens when he uses EP too much and he forgets to recharge. It may cost 1 SP (Galvanic Patch, 25%, costs 1 SP as well), but in his boss fight you can trigger it way more times than the mechanics allow for in gameplay. In other words, there is not set limit to how much “1 SP” takes. GV can definitely use it a lot of times to make this match last long, so long as Minato doesn’t end things quick, which won’t happen until he turns on Sage Mode, which he won’t go for right away
GV is gonna last long pretty much no matter how you slice it. Now it’s just up to opinion to see if Minato can blast him down.

How I’d imagine the fight would go is something like this:

Gunvolt starts off with shooting. His Standard Gun clip is more of a Machine Gun than it is a Pistol. Obviously, since it’s a gun (obviously faster than throwing a knife) and Minato has less speed, he won’t be able to set up his Kunai Field like he did vs the Raikage, at least, not right away. He can either dodge with Shunshin, or deflect with Kunai. If he chooses the latter option- he’ll soon realize that GV can just keep shooting… like… continuously. He’ll have to dodge.

Pretty much, he’s gonna have to deal with the automatic firing gun the entire match, at ALL times.

Minato (if I recall he can sense chakra strength), may realize that Gunvolt is stronger than he is, but the Bolts from his gun didn’t break his Kunai knives (likely didn’t break), as well as that he doesn’t have time to set up a free Kunai field. He can conclude that GV’s Bolt’s are substantially weaker than he himself it. Because he’s a Genius, he’d likely figure out that the Bolt’s are dangerous due to it’s lack of power, thus they must have some kind of Gimmick.

Gunvolt’s gonna keep shooting, and since he’s not exactly bad at shooting, if this keeps up Gunvolt will eventually get a shot in, he’s dealt with people that can deflect his shots easily with skill alone before (Sumeragi Ninja/Samurai)- so if it keeps going, yeah, he wins, no shit, he’ll be in advantage state most of the time

Minato however, is smart enough to know he can’t win without his jutsu- he’ll need something to buy time for him to set up at least one Kunai. The Shadow Clone Jutsu would come into effect here. In the split second Gunvolt aims at the other clone, Minato, while his Reaction Speed is lower, would be able to pull off at least one Kunai throw. However, he’s still slower, so Gunvolt can dodge this. Minato would use FTG to immediately go for a surprise attack from behind, and Gunvolt would immediately use the Flashfield to defend himself, while moving away to dodge. Minato would likely back off from this, he doesn’t know how the Flashfield works, and he already knows that GV is stronger than he is, staying in the Flashfield without understanding it would suck.

Now, I don’t know how Minato would find out Flashfield isn’t as dangerous as it seems (and there still is potential argument that it can be damaging), but I would think he would eventually get it once he sees there’s no way to get past it and just guns for it, this is how I’d imagine the next part of the fight would be like.

Minato would be spending time on figuring out how to get past the Flashfield. Throwing Kunai, having Shadow Clones charge in, trying to get GV by surprise with FTG. At the same time he’ll be dealing with a machine gun bolt storm. And Gunvolt is not stupid, he’ll eventually understand how FTG works, and get better and better at dodging it (he IS a Mega Man like character, pattern recognition is his thing), and he’ll be switching Bolt types to mix up how he shoots. However Minato already knows GV’s Bolt’s gimmick (kind of, doesn’t know what it’s for exactly). But he’s also a step ahead since he’s smarter, he’ll catch Gunvolt trying to recharge his EP (if Minato goes for a ton of attacks). The issue is, by this time, I suspect Minato would get hit by a Bolt, and the Tagged Flashfield would just immediately come on, those Bolts are really tiny and numerous, with MANY varieties, eventually Minato will be hit and it will hurt. Since the effect lasts a while, Minato is going to feel the brunt of GV’s power for quite some time continuously. It may happen multiple times as well if Minato needs to take more risks to get a hint of what to do

(Theoretically, the battle can end right here if Minato takes too many risks and foregoes defense to get a hint at what to do)

Now one of two things can happen. Minato could either gun for it with a FTG Rasengan, or use a ranged Elemental Ninjutsu. The former is more likely since we never saw the latter. Another thing he can do is Sage Mode, though again, not very likely of an option he thinks of just yet.

By this time, Minato has a win condition, get GV to recharge his EP, and use that opening to hit him hard with a Rasengan. Issue though is that recharging EP just requires concentration- it might be hard for Minato to get GV even then. Another issue is that GV knows how FTG works by now by seeing it so many times. The battlefield will be littered with Kunai knives by now, since Minato is using multiple methods to try and get around Flashfield (yes I did note that GV is faster and Minato would spend half the time defending, I would assume that Minato would take some risks to get any progress, as Rock Lee says, Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained- that’s why he’d likely get hit trying to Lash Out). Minato will try to force Gunvolt’s Flashfield out with these Kunai helping him assist in mobility (FTG), but he’ll make sure he’s not Tagged first (maybe by forcing out the Bolts himself or just waiting until the pain stops) since he now understands what these machine gun Bolts are for. I think here he would be able to pull off getting a Rasengan in, as well as placing a FTG mark onto GV.

While Minato used to have to deal with Bolts before, now he can just teleport anywhere he likes, of course since GV has a lot of Bolt types, Minato still can be caught by Bolts.

Now this is where the debate comes into play- Minato is going to go with this working strategy, and Gunvolt will have to dodge. Since Gunvolt has Mega Man Pattern Recognition, he will be attacking while Minato is attacking, with higher reactions, he can do that. It’s more than likely that Minato will consider Sage Mode here (if GV heals), but he doesn’t have enough time to stand still, in fact he probably doesn’t have enough time to blink considering he is ALWAYS dealing with Bolt Storms (I still think it’ll take more than an eye blink to get to Sage Mode, he was standing there for some time before he went Sage Mode if I recall) At the same time, he also understands that GV is using Flashfield way too damn often, and that it may not rely on Chakra, which is why he’s seemingly “recharging” it. Anyways. The debate here is: “Can Minato manage to hit GV enough times with a Rasengan, while dodging GV’s dangerous, constant, attacks (we didn’t even discuss Skills yet, just Flashfield), to put him down, while GV can continuously stall out the fight with healing, and understanding FTG more and more- letting him hit Minato more often himself?”

Some extra points

GV can simply retreat away from FTG knives if he didn’t get caught by a Rasengan yet

Minato is ALWAYS defending, or he gets booped

GV has Offensive Skills that just… really break the rules Minato has already established about the EP System, so he’ll need to experiment even more with the SP System while trying to get past the EP System

Guiding Thunder requires Hand Seals to do, not exactly a great thing when you’re constantly defending a storm of bolts vs an enemy with better reactions

Honestly I think Minato’s intelligence is the number one reason why he isn’t gonna lose easy clap- but GV still has quite a lot of tricks yet he isn’t aware of by this point. I am personally believing that Minato won’t go Sage Mode until late game, if he even can and that GV would outlast him, but it’s definitely up for debate that Minato can win this through FTG + Intelligence too. It’s just that GV is smart enough to know FTG’s Mechanics as well as having longer endurance and being able to constantly attack- as well as having other non-discussed tricks at his disposal

Btw I’m more of a Naruto fan than a GV fan, so… that’s why I think this match is much harder to pick then just “Lol GV Heals” and “Lol FTG GG”. But I’m thinking GV like 8-9.5/10 Difficulty. I heard OPs can vote now but… eh

Last edited:
GV can also Amp his Attack and Defense by 2x (lasts 30 seconds in gameplay) to even the odds, but it still follows the same SP “rules”, and his Offensive Skills are obviously much scarier than his normal attacks. Since Minato may not think of Sage Jutsu or long range Ninjutsu, GV starts with the advantage

I would also assume that Minato still requires some time to get Sage Mode ready, yes he closed his eyes and then opened them and then he had Sage Mode, but I do recall him standing there for a decent amount of time to gather Nature Energy. He’d probably need Shadow Clones and FTG to make it possible

I’d still expect GV to pull off Full Healing at least 1 or 2 times depending on how long Minato takes to get past GV’s Speed, Initial AP, and Flashfield/Astra/Skills (Crashbolt in particular)

We’ve also seen him just, make his body all electric like (he does it passively in his games too look cool, though there’s no actual application), and in various other media such as the OVA and Blade Strangers, he coats his body in electricity to hit with an electric touch (at least in the latter)
He threw his kunai right before entering SM, and you can't move while gathering nature energy.
11.jpg

1 Minute and 11 Seconds in gameplay, again with the Split Second Example

GV is gonna last long pretty much no matter how you slice it. Now it’s just up to opinion to see if Minato can blast him down.

How I’d imagine the fight would go is something like this:

Gunvolt starts off with shooting. His Standard Gun clip is more of a Machine Gun than it is a Pistol. Obviously, since it’s a gun (obviously faster than throwing a knife) and Minato has less speed, he won’t be able to set up his Kunai Field like he did vs the Raikage, at least, not right away. He can either dodge with Shunshin, or deflect with Kunai. If he chooses the latter option- he’ll soon realize that GV can just keep shooting… like… continuously. He’ll have to dodge.

Pretty much, he’s gonna have to deal with the automatic firing gun the entire match, at ALL times.

Minato (if I recall he can sense chakra strength), may realize that Gunvolt is stronger than he is, but the Bolts from his gun didn’t break his Kunai knives (likely didn’t break), as well as that he doesn’t have time to set up a free Kunai field. He can conclude that GV’s Bolt’s are substantially weaker than he himself it. Because he’s a Genius, he’d likely figure out that the Bolt’s are dangerous due to it’s lack of power, thus they must have some kind of Gimmick.

Gunvolt’s gonna keep shooting, and since he’s not exactly bad at shooting, if this keeps up Gunvolt will eventually get a shot in, he’s dealt with people that can deflect his shots easily with skill alone before (Sumeragi Ninja/Samurai)- so if it keeps going, yeah, he wins, no shit, he’ll be in advantage state most of the time

Minato however, is smart enough to know he can’t win without his jutsu- he’ll need something to buy time for him to set up at least one Kunai. The Shadow Clone Jutsu would come into effect here. In the split second Gunvolt aims at the other clone, Minato, while his Reaction Speed is lower, would be able to pull off at least one Kunai throw. However, he’s still slower, so Gunvolt can dodge this. Minato would use FTG to immediately go for a surprise attack from behind, and Gunvolt would immediately use the Flashfield to defend himself, while moving away to dodge. Minato would likely back off from this, he doesn’t know how the Flashfield works, and he already knows that GV is stronger than he is, staying in the Flashfield without understanding it would suck.

Now, I don’t know how Minato would find out Flashfield isn’t as dangerous as it seems (and there still is potential argument that it can be damaging), but I would think he would eventually get it once he sees there’s no way to get past it and just guns for it, this is how I’d imagine the next part of the fight would be like.

Minato would be spending time on figuring out how to get past the Flashfield. Throwing Kunai, having Shadow Clones charge in, trying to get GV by surprise with FTG. At the same time he’ll be dealing with a machine gun bolt storm. And Gunvolt is not stupid, he’ll eventually understand how FTG works, and get better and better at dodging it (he IS a Mega Man like character, pattern recognition is his thing), and he’ll be switching Bolt types to mix up how he shoots. However Minato already knows GV’s Bolt’s gimmick (kind of, doesn’t know what it’s for exactly). But he’s also a step ahead since he’s smarter, he’ll catch Gunvolt trying to recharge his EP (if Minato goes for a ton of attacks). The issue is, by this time, I suspect Minato would get hit by a Bolt, and the Tagged Flashfield would just immediately come on, those Bolts are really tiny and numerous, with MANY varieties, eventually Minato will be hit and it will hurt. Since the effect lasts a while, Minato is going to feel the brunt of GV’s power for quite some time continuously. It may happen multiple times as well if Minato needs to take more risks to get a hint of what to do

(Theoretically, the battle can end right here if Minato takes too many risks and foregoes defense to get a hint at what to do)

Now one of two things can happen. Minato could either gun for it with a FTG Rasengan, or use a ranged Elemental Ninjutsu. The former is more likely since we never saw the latter. Another thing he can do is Sage Mode, though again, not very likely of an option he thinks of just yet.

By this time, Minato has a win condition, get GV to recharge his EP, and use that opening to hit him hard with a Rasengan. Issue though is that recharging EP just requires concentration- it might be hard for Minato to get GV even then. Another issue is that GV knows how FTG works by now by seeing it so many times. The battlefield will be littered with Kunai knives by now, since Minato is using multiple methods to try and get around Flashfield (yes I did note that GV is faster and Minato would spend half the time defending, I would assume that Minato would take some risks to get any progress, as Rock Lee says, Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained- that’s why he’d likely get hit trying to Lash Out). Minato will try to force Gunvolt’s Flashfield out with these Kunai helping him assist in mobility (FTG), but he’ll make sure he’s not Tagged first (maybe by forcing out the Bolts himself or just waiting until the pain stops) since he now understands what these machine gun Bolts are for. I think here he would be able to pull off getting a Rasengan in, as well as placing a FTG mark onto GV.

While Minato used to have to deal with Bolts before, now he can just teleport anywhere he likes, of course since GV has a lot of Bolt types, Minato still can be caught by Bolts.

Now this is where the debate comes into play- Minato is going to go with this working strategy, and Gunvolt will have to dodge. Since Gunvolt has Mega Man Pattern Recognition, he will be attacking while Minato is attacking, with higher reactions, he can do that. It’s more than likely that Minato will consider Sage Mode here (if GV heals), but he doesn’t have enough time to stand still, in fact he probably doesn’t have enough time to blink considering he is ALWAYS dealing with Bolt Storms (I still think it’ll take more than an eye blink to get to Sage Mode, he was standing there for some time before he went Sage Mode if I recall) At the same time, he also understands that GV is using Flashfield way too damn often, and that it may not rely on Chakra, which is why he’s seemingly “recharging” it. Anyways. The debate here is: “Can Minato manage to hit GV enough times with a Rasengan, while dodging GV’s dangerous, constant, attacks (we didn’t even discuss Skills yet, just Flashfield), to put him down, while GV can continuously stall out the fight with healing, and understanding FTG more and more- letting him hit Minato more often himself?”

Some extra points

GV can simply retreat away from FTG knives if he didn’t get caught by a Rasengan yet

Minato is ALWAYS defending, or he gets booped

GV has Offensive Skills that just… really break the rules Minato has already established about the EP System, so he’ll need to experiment even more with the SP System while trying to get past the EP System

Guiding Thunder requires Hand Seals to do, not exactly a great thing when you’re constantly defending a storm of bolts vs an enemy with better reactions

Honestly I think Minato’s intelligence is the number one reason why he isn’t gonna lose easy clap- but GV still has quite a lot of tricks yet he isn’t aware of by this point. I am personally believing that Minato won’t go Sage Mode until late game, if he even can and that GV would outlast him, but it’s definitely up for debate that Minato can win this through FTG + Intelligence too. It’s just that GV is smart enough to know FTG’s Mechanics as well as having longer endurance and being able to constantly attack- as well as having other non-discussed tricks at his disposal

Btw I’m more of a Naruto fan than a GV fan, so… that’s why I think this match is much harder to pick then just “Lol GV Heals” and “Lol FTG GG”. But I’m thinking GV like 8-9.5/10 Difficulty. I heard OPs can vote now but… eh
Nice scenario, although I refer above to why SM is next to instant. And if he does get a mark on GV, it's literally just over.
Also how do you like my fight choreography
It's cool

He threw his kunai right before entering SM, and you can't move while gathering nature energy.
“I’m not good at Sage Jutsu” he said. “It takes me too long to gather up Nature Energy” he said.
Nice scenario, although I refer above to why SM is next to instant. And if he does get a mark on GV, it's literally just over.
I seriously hope it’s not over if he gets a mark on GV lol. Still, GV can still react with something dangerous like Astrasphere (the ENTIRE reason I had speed unequal is that GV DOESN’T get FTG Blitzed, don’t tempt me to bring back Prevasion I knew this was balanced from the start I swear). Plus healing. Voltaic Chains can likely cover all of Minato’s dodging options. Yeah it costs 3 SP but again, the SP System is just a representation.

As well, a mark placed on say, GV’s back, may start to make Minato predictable if he’s just gonna only teleport to GV’s back, so it’s more like GV just can’t get away from the FTG Kunai to fight better (he probably will though because he’s not dumb). GV would already be dealing with Minato teleporting to him at any time the entire fight so

Last edited:
“I’m not good at Sage Jutsu” he said. “It takes me too long to gather up Nature Energy” he said.

I seriously hope it’s not over if he gets a mark on GV lol. Still, GV can still react with something dangerous like Astrasphere (the ENTIRE reason I had speed unequal is that GV DOESN’T get FTG Blitzed). Plus healing. Voltaic Chains can likely cover all of Minato’s dodging options. Yeah it costs 3 SP but again, the SP System is just a representation.
"Bullshit," I said. "You're too modest," I said.

Having the ability to instantly go right to someone at any and all moments is incredibly hard to deal with.

Back