• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ayanokoji (Classroom Of The Elite) Downgrade Part 2

We are either overrating Magnus Carlsen with a fake fact or downplaying a chess engine with this one. A chess engine would be insanely better than Magnus. Computers like AlphaZero can play roughly 20 million matches with itself in one second. A person averagely lives for 70 years and can have 2207520000 seconds for their entire lives, dividing that by 20 million gives 110.376 seconds, meaning that a person literally has to make a chess move every 1.8396 minutes for their entire lives, just so they can match what the AlphaZero computer can do in a second. Not to mention that AlphaZero is a literal AI which gets better with each game it plays. It's like in the first 20 seconds, it will play around 400 million stupid 100 ELO games, but in the next 20 seconds, it will play new 400 million stupid games, but it would be around 200 ELO now. It gets better with each passing second.

Also, the Ayanokouji outsmarted a dedicated machine, which in the most parts would be better than a chess engine if it has an AI program like DeepMind or AlphaZero.

Edit: I just read this again, and it sounds stupid due to one reason. In every 1.8396 minutes, a human has to play an entire game, not just make a move, I downplayed AlphaZero.
The chess engines you call alpha zero have a total of 20 million moves, they cannot apply them in the match, also reality>fiction, we adapt everything in reality, even the moves of chess engines, to fiction. No chess engine in fiction is superior to reality, and comparing chess engines with Magnus Carlsen, who is currently the best in the world, is an insult to Magnus, whatever you say. You can't objectively put him against Magnus Carlsen because he is the pinnacle of chess.

Magnus Carlsen can NOT beat a futuristic chess engine. Even chess engines today SLAM Magnus with no difficulty. Being able to outperform a futuristic chess computer is something no one can do today therefore validating Extraordinary Genius for Ayanokoji.
Current chess engines are much better than Alpha Zero

The chess engines you call alpha zero have a total of 20 million moves, they cannot apply them in the match, also reality>fiction, we adapt everything in reality, even the moves of chess engines, to fiction. No chess engine in fiction is superior to reality, and comparing chess engines with Magnus Carlsen, who is currently the best in the world, is an insult to Magnus, whatever you say. You can't objectively put him against Magnus Carlsen because he is the pinnacle of chess.
Magnus Carlsen would lose. I agree that he's a legend. But being a legend doesn't make you win. It's like saying that just because Mike Tyson is a legend, he will be able to take on a dude with a machine gun in his hand from long range. Even though Magnus Carlsen is a good player, comparing him to a chess engine is the same comparison as comparing Mike Tyson to a dude with a machine gun. The comparison is very bad. I don't know where you got this information of Magnus Carlsen being able to defeat chess engines, but it is very false. You will lose every match against AlphaZero. Even Stockfish was beaten by AlphaZero. No grandmaster is above 3000 FIDE rating, while these chess engines go above 3500 and AlphaZero is in the range of 4000s to 4500s or even above. Even a 100 difference in ELO is a huge difference at that level.

Magnus isn't stronger the a current chess engine like stockfish, but a chess engine from 15+ years ago is a different story.

Why are we even debating the chess feat anymore? I don't think there are any arguments in its against anymore.

Chess machines before were based on pure computing power, but chess engines now are different, they are more adaptive now. It's like the difference between omniscience and nigh-omniscience. From today, no human will be able to beat what is considered to be a great (not even the peak) chess machine. There are moments when grandmasters have been surprised as well, when they realize that they were just a couple of moves away from a checkmate. A chess machine tries to make the best move, it tries to evaluate the position and studies each pro and cons and how much does it benefit the player. Before, it was very different. You might have stockfish in your computer which can still beat a 90s chess supercomputer.

The evidence behind it being from the future is lackluster.
Chess computers could no longer be defeated after 2005. The last "official" loss of a chess machine against a human was that. After that, nothing really changed much, except for the fact that chess machines got 10 times better in around a decade. Secondly, asking for evidence for COTE being futuristic is like asking for evidence for an anime having characters set in a setting where they use stone tools and have mud houses being in a stone age setting.

Why are we even debating the chess feat anymore? I don't think there are any arguments in its against anymore.

Chess machines before were based on pure computing power, but chess engines now are different, they are more adaptive now. It's like the difference between omniscience and nigh-omniscience. From today, no human will be able to beat what is considered to be a great (not even the peak) chess machine. There are moments when grandmasters have been surprised as well, when they realize that they were just a couple of moves away from a checkmate. A chess machine tries to make the best move, it tries to evaluate the position and studies each pro and cons and how much does it benefit the player. Before, it was very different. You might have stockfish in your computer which can still beat a 90s chess supercomputer.
We all know that chess success does not make Ayanokoji an extraordinary genius. You continue to hide behind this feat. It doesn't matter that no one can defeat this or that he has 20 million moves in total, it is a bad feat because he cannot use these 20 million moves in a single match.

We all know that chess success does not make Ayanokoji an extraordinary genius. You continue to hide behind this feat. It doesn't matter that no one can defeat this or that he has 20 million moves in total, it is a bad feat because he cannot use these 20 million moves in a single match.
But he can use the best moves in the 20 million moves pool to always be superior than his opponent.
The evidence behind it being from the future is lackluster.
Actually it’s pretty straight forward.

Which is roughly when Ayanokouji beat a chess engine.
The feat takes place when he is in ANHS. So, in the OP, when you mention that he should be in ANHS in 2015 or somewhere, this would mean that it would be more than 2015. It was a decade after mankind actually recorded an official victory from a chess machine. Uh, so you were heavily misinformed all along? Change the OP, the feat is from Y1V11 and has no chances of taking place in 2005s when you believe that ANHS arc started in 2015 in the setting.
Stop debating this and wait for staff, this is going nowhere.
Tbh this if getting very bad. It's almost like you are voluntarily taking his feats as normal on purpose. I remember in the thread where you took his willpower as that of normal human just because you thought a random human from IRL had a better feat than him. Welp, Ayanokouji beat one of the most talented adults when he was a kid, at some point, the training becomes so hard that even adults cannot do anything, so why do we still think that? 💀

Tbh this if getting very bad. It's almost like you are voluntarily taking his feats as normal on purpose. I remember in the thread where you took his willpower as that of normal human just because you thought a random human from IRL had a better feat than him. Welp, Ayanokouji beat one of the most talented adults when he was a kid, at some point, the training becomes so hard that even adults cannot do anything, so why do we still think that? 💀
Ok dude. That thread was accepted so who's really wrong (please stop replying in this thread its going nowhere).

You obviously 💀

I disagree with everything FRA. The OP and his people haven't really presented a substantial counterargument to all of Rogger points.
Why is it so hard for you guys to realise I'm not going to accept the sources "trust me bro" and some random 28 page document as proof. The fact Rogger still hasn't bothered to send links of scans to his argument is a tell tale sign he's not worth arguing with.

Why is it so hard for you guys to realise I'm not going to accept the sources "trust me bro" and some random 28 page document as proof. The fact Rogger still hasn't bothered to send links of scans to his argument is a tell tale sign he's not worth arguing with.
Thank you for informing us that you don't read COTE. If you don't trust his words, you could have asked for proof. The fact that you think a thoroughly explained document with scans is just some random files tells me who is really least worth arguing with here. You didn't even bother reading it because you know it would hurt your sorry excuse for an argument.

And that's really funny to say to someone who just gave you a coherent argument, while your only counter against it is by sidelining it as "normal human feats," which is obviously not the case.

Last edited:
Why is it so hard for you guys to realise I'm not going to accept the sources "trust me bro" and some random 28 page document as proof.
When did anyone who was in disagreement to this thread ever use the "trust me bro" argument?
The fact Rogger still hasn't bothered to send links of scans to his argument is a tell tale sign he's not worth arguing with.
Which scan did I not send a link to? All the scans are from the light novel. COTE has a light novel, and the manga/anime is just its adaptation, you know?

Which scan did I not send a link to? All the scans are from the light novel. COTE has a light novel, and the manga/anime is just its adaptation, you know?
Every single claim. The only time you sent a link was to some 28 page google doc... I don't need to read 28 pages of it just send me an imgurr link or something.

Provide evidence that one: Ayanokouji was going against a futuristic chess engine
I already said that it was just a belief and there's no way to confirm it as the light novel never really mentioned it (aside from the retcon), but the things would be the concept of ANHS. The school itself possesses the best technology and is very advanced. But the most convincing is the existence of White Room. The program itself was designed to increase the human potential even beyond its limits. Secondly, there's a concrete thing to believe it, thanks to one of my friends.

Two: Ayanokouji's age when going against said chess engine.
The chess match takes place in Y1V11C8 but Tsukishiro revealed in C10 how Ayanokouji out-calculated each and every dedicated machine and personnel he had set to monitor their moves. Ayanokouji is 17 years old at that moment.

Like I said. Y2v1 chapter 2 reveals that ANHS was created after the bubble economy crash in 2011. ANHS was created before the whiteroom which was created before Ayanokoji was born.

Like I said. Y2v1 chapter 2 reveals that ANHS was created after the bubble economy crash in 2011. ANHS was created before the whiteroom which was created before Ayanokoji was born.
"evidence":

NYg1fNp.png

Also, Japanese birthrate started to decline seven years before (I will link this article even though it is a famous topic and general knowledge), so that should be in 2016ish year, which fits the "well into the twenty-first century" thing. And yeah, like wwereymy235 said, Bubble Economy Crash was also a factor which changed Japan completely due to recession and economic depression, so it can be in 2011ish year as well.

I'll respond to all this when I'm in the mood to revisit. I disagree with everything though.

Sigh... I said I'll respond when I'm in the mood to revisit the thread, I'm not refusing to face reality I just want to do other things currently. Will respond soon.

I think I will address Analytical Prediction after some time. He has it mentioned very less times, but I think whatever is shown (and has been adapted into the anime) is enough.

Yeah, I'll drop the extraordinary genius part seeing as I don't know much about Intelligence and its ratings.

However I am still strongly against analytical prediction.

The way a human being and a computer think is not the same. While a computer can calculate all the possibilities, a human doesn't need to do that. Instead, he might have thought of the best move. That's why I think chess success is absurd.

The way a human being and a computer think is not the same. While a computer can calculate all the possibilities, a human doesn't need to do that. Instead, he might have thought of the best move. That's why I think chess success is absurd.
This is completely false. A chess engine doesn't work like that, unless you can make a move before a chess engine analyzes the entire board, you will never make a better move than it. Here's some stuff behind it. A part of the reason why AlphaZero can beat Stockfish is because AlphaZero has better computing power, and better branching patterns. A chess engine branches moves. Like, if I moved a rook and I am trying to target 3 pieces at once in the next 3 moves, a chess engine will pretty much just see it and make a counter move. In fact, it would already know that I can move a rook before I even move it, and it itself makes a position in which that rook wouldn't do anything. A chess engine DOESN'T START from the basics like it used to in 90s, but now, it just analyzes the position. That's why, its main focus is always on the active pieces, it doesn't work like BEFORE when it analyzed literally every piece. That's why, beating a chess engine for a human is impossible IRL, unless you are fast enough to do a calculation before it can reach that move. Secondly, not only did he outcalculate many chess machines, but also a team of chess personnel.

FzScwaF.png

And you know, making a move which a chess engine never calculated is actually possible lol. But that would be when you make an extremely dumb move, like a move which a chess engine wouldn't even use its computing power to analyze. But lo, Tsukishiro himself said that Ayanokouji didn't come up with a stupid/careless move, his move was actually complex.

ca3QutE.png

I can tell that you've never been true to me
I can smell that you're acting so fearfully
I can hear what you're hoping I want to hear
I can feel the alarm bells are ringing in me
I can touch but I know you don't feel a thing
I can pray but I know you commit a sin
I can sense now it's all become clear to see
You're no good, and you mean no good treacherously

Back