• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, all jokes aside, I thought it was a great film. Lots of great moments and hilarious comedy. The ending caught me off guard, and the movie really defied some expectations I had for it. You can really tell that this has spent years in the making.

Glad we got some haxy abilities for Thanos. Numerous feats of transmutation and telekinesis. Not sure how we wanna treat his reality warping, but he can casually warp his environment in numerous ways (warped a part of Titan to look like how it was in the past)

Also, genius method of using the time stone to fix the broken mind stone. Should we scale Dr. Stranges time abilities to Thanos with the time stone?

Do the gems amplify eachother? That would answer your question.

Predicted him using the time stone the moment I saw it.

I think having more gems does amplify the users power (Thanos literally glowed in power with each stone gained)

Also, glad almost everyone got some neat feats. Iron Man lifted some massive rubble and then used it to body slam Thanos. Strange pulled out several new abilities (duplication/illusion creation, attack reflection(?), etc), Thor tanking the force of a star (though it almost killed him), etc

Though, I agree with the notion that this film is a scaling nightmare, especially with Thanos

@PTSOX

I think Gargoyle means amp each other, not amp the user. We know they amp the user; there is no question about that. By amp each other, he means do the stones increase each others power on a multiplicative level, thereby making the user significantly stronger than with the last stones rather than just 2x stronger (i.e. if one stone is a 10 obtaining another wouldn't make Thanos a 20, but rather a 100).

Well, I can't say for certain whether or not the stones amp each other, but I do think he started pulling out more crazy feats with the space stone and power stone after gaining the reality stone, so... maybe?

Assaltwaffle said:
@Azzy

Oh. I just took that as the weapon being insanely powerful to the point it can kill Thanos, not that it was like kryptonite to him.
Stormbreaker was planned to be given to Thor once he became King of Asgard. Considering this was likely centuries before Thanos was even alive, its likely that SB did that through raw power rather than some specific Thanos killing hax.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I recalced Hela to be Class Y and High 5-A using neutron star.

Also there were seveal upgrades brought up at the other infinity war thread.
In Infinity War we see that the neutron star is what heated the metal. Is it fair to say that Mjolnir was truly made OF the dying star, not just made by a special metal that was heated by the star?

Assaltwaffle said:
Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I recalced Hela to be Class Y and High 5-A using neutron star.

Also there were seveal upgrades brought up at the other infinity war thread.
In Infinity War we see that the neutron star is what heated the metal. Is it fair to say that Mjolnir was truly made OF the dying star, not just made by a special metal that was heated by the star?
More or less. Some ingots are shown being melted, whilst thor is tanking the star. Given statements, it should be; the material of that star. So yes. And this makes hela hella OP. Issue is, should she be 4C striking strength, when serious or not?

7th Ki'oon said:
Interesting, rewatching Thor Ragnarok. And the real mural scene has hela holding the Hammer mjolnir. Or a hammer.
She also quotes that an infinity stone (space) is not bad. And stats greater preference to the eternal flame. Which implys she can hold Infinity stones bare handed and that the eternal flame exceeds an infinity stone. Damn, I'm having doubts that stormbreaker Thor could take her.

Actually no, Hela preferring the Eternal Flame over the Space Stone is simply because she needed the flame to raise an army of the undead, which has nothing to do with how powerful the space stone is, let alone the entire Gauntlet

QuagsireTheLegend said:
Actually no, Hela preferring the Eternal Flame over the Space Stone is simply because she needed the flame to raise an army of the undead, which has nothing to do with how powerful the space stone is, let alone the entire Gauntlet
Don't you dare, patronise me.

Tis simply the contextual implication. At that moment in time.

Qawsedf234 said:
TheFinalOrder said:
He didn't teleport the rubble. You can clearly see in the same scene that the rubble comes from out of the atmosphere. If it was teleported, you'd see a portal open up not too far away from them, which isn't the case in the film.
But there was a portal that appeared after he nuked the surface and all of the meteors flew towards it
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say you are mistaken. Again, When we see up to the moon after that point from ground level looking up, there is no portal above Thanos dropping the Meteorites. We literally see them enter the shot at breakneck speeds from the atmosphere.

What you are seeing isn't a portal, it's the Energy of the Space Stone pulling them that fast. The entire scene proves this from all perspectives.

Why doesn't the Eye of Agamotto / Time Gem not have universal+ range?

Strange repeatedly bargained time looped Dormammu in his realm until he gave up. I assume it would scale to the other gems.

Citation needed on the dark dimension having multiple realities as well.

@UMR

If someone has Doctor Strange it should be easy to find. When explaining the Dark World they do mention it has devoured universes.

Also is it fair to give a universal range to something that abused the Dark World's timelessness? Is it applicable to a time-full universe in such range? I agree with universal range on the gauntlet, though, since Thanos wiped the universe.

Well like you said, the gauntlet has universal range. Thanos wiped the universe, Malekith was going to matter manip the universe during the convergence, and the time gem should be at least comparable to that, getting the "+" due to being time.

I'm unsure if the stones pre-dating the universe itself supports anything though.

Assaltwaffle said:
@7th
Quag didn't patronize you. Please calm yourself.
Yes, he did. I perfectly well know. I made the damn thread for the it. And it is not your place; cast judgement on my feelings.

the film was great now lets. Loved it. piece of me died with every character

now lets get down to business: Is Thor Star Level? Is Thanos Moon Level at least?

i could go with that. obviously stars do not put out star level energy, but planet level sounds about right

Thanos a new hax as **** planet level

Assaltwaffle said:
@UMR
If someone has Doctor Strange it should be easy to find. When explaining the Dark World they do mention it has devoured universes.

Also is it fair to give a universal range to something that abused the Dark World's timelessness? Is it applicable to a time-full universe in such range? I agree with universal range on the gauntlet, though, since Thanos wiped the universe.
Took longer than I expected. Had some technical difficulties:

What's stated about Dormammu:

• Is a Universal Threat.
  • Exists Beyond Time.
  • Invades other Universes to bring ALL WORLDS into his dimension.
  • Being of endless power.
"He is the Cosmic Conqueror, the Destroyer of Worlds. A being of infinite power and endless hunger, on a quest to invade every universe and bring all worlds into his Dark Dimension. And he hungers for Earth most of all."
―Wong

He had knowledge of the loop, but even his mind was shown to be affected.

As in, personally. It was triggered by strange's death. Unlike thanos whom targeted the  stone personally on vision to restore the time stone.

Back