• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HrishikeshM said:
you try to present the fight differently by misinterpreting it.....you ignore all of cap marvell strength and only focus on thanos......it looks like you dont like cap marvel being so strong

thanos could not do anything to her and she did everything to him.....which prove she is stronger
What are these insinuations?

I described both characters fighting second by second in detail.And then linked the video showing the fight.

I'm not downplaying her because of personal bias.

Also we're over 400 comments here so someone needs to make a new thread soon.

AKM sama said:
Eh, you seem to be sure that you'll never agree with my points without even seeing them first lol

Obviously others can also voice their opinions but some things are objective rather than being subjective.
Well since I have eyes and they function perfectly and I am seeing and analyzing each frame of that fight. To believe that I can be convinced that the fight is going in a different direction than with what I see is ridiculous to me.

I know what I am seeing and describing it in detail while linking the video of the fight as well.

If seeing is believing, how can I ever believe I am wrong?

Sorry for not being clear from the start and derailing our discussion with all the money talks. But I won't be here until some hours and then I will counter your points.

AKM sama said:
Sorry for not being clear from the start and derailing our discussion with all the money talks. But I won't be here until some hours and then I will counter your points.
That's fine, take your time.

Yeah, it's 2:30 AM where I'm at and I'm half asleep to the point my comments are getting all mixed up. So I won't be able to comment until tomorrow.

AKM sama said:
Yeah, it's 2:30 AM where I'm at and I'm half asleep to the point my comments are getting all mixed up. So I won't be able to comment until tomorrow.
Jesus man, get to sleep.

@Warren

You missed this part where you can see that she blocked his punch and hits him twice instead. You need to slow it down for proper viewing, and you can also hear the sound of blcoking which is different from the sound of swinging a punch that missed. Here's the screencap:

Screenshot (124)54

Then she goes for the IG where Thanos grabs her arm and swings her away. You don't need higher AP to do that, just lifting strength enough to lift that character.

All in all, she landed a few good blows on Thanos, even excluding the one kick from behind. She blocked one of Thanos' punch pretty easily. Dodging =/= being weaker. All of it proves that she had an upper hand. Thanos wasn't even able to phase her while her hits were able to stagger him showing much greater effect. (Thor was out in a single headbutt while Cap was out in a single punch.)

Then she forces Thanos to make this face:

Screenshot (125)5

While her own face was pretty composed:

Screenshot (126)65

Then she took Thanos' headbutt just like she blocked one of his punches, like a boss. And proceeded to bring Thanos to his knees:

Screenshot (127)78

Which made Thanos realize that he can't win in a straight fight, so he used the power stone. Her face was still composed until she was surprised by Thanos using the power stone:

Screenshot (128)87

Finally when you take the whole fight into account, you'll realize Thanos never had an upper hand AP-wise. Carol was the dominant one from the start and continued to be till the end, except the part where she was grabbed and thrown away by Thanos which has nothing to do with AP.

It doen't really make sense though why didn't the full gauntlet do anything when the power stone, which is tier much weaker, seemingly put her out of commission with one punch.

It is either the gauntlet was not completely activited or it is and this was PIS that Carol could dominate wih the infinty stone.

Thanos wasn't able to use any of the stones because Carol was holding his hand. That's why he used his other hand to use the power stone.

That being said, I disagree that Captain Marvel>Thanos. Thanos was taken on surprised, was more focused on the gauntlet, and the power of the Stones were causing him immense pain in his arm. They were pretty much equal when they were trading blows. Face expressions mean nothing. It could be Thanos being hurt by the Infinity Gauntlet, just like in Infinity War he screams in pain every time he collects a new Stone. Heck even in Captain America vs Thanos he did look painful when Cap hit him multiple times with Mjolnir and lightning. Captain Marvel's face means nothing either, she was probably extremely determined to stop Thanos, hence that expression.

The fight is basically:

Captain Marvel arrives and punches Thanos

Captain Marvel dodges a punch

Thanos punches her

She punches back

She punches again but this time Thanos grabs her arm mid-punch and chucks her away

Thanos puts on the gauntlet and energy started to burn his arm, his expression was clearly painful and he screams and tries to snap his finger with difficulty

Captain Marvel flies in suddenly and grabs the gauntlet. She took him on surprise and tries to pull the gauntlet away. Captain Marvel was using both hands while Thanos was only trying to snap his finger btw. Thanos tries to headbutt her, but Carol didn't budge. She pushes him forward. Thanos blasts her away.

The Wright Way said:
Thanos never landed a punch until Carol grabbed the gauntlet.
That's a blatant lie.

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 10.43.30 PM
If we're keeping score, Captain Marvel threw 4 punches: 2 hit, 1 missed and 1 blocked. Thanos threw 2 punches: 1 hit, 1 was dodged

Except Carol was able to harm him and completely block his hits. And Thanos was only taken by surprise at the first kick which I excluded from my previous comment.

And he had already dealt with the pain of putting the IG on, so there was no pain due to that in their fight and the pain from the power stone didn't happen until the very end.

Face expressions mean a lot while showcasing who's struggling and who's not. Even discrediting them, Carol still dominated the fight as you can blatantly see how, from my explanation above.

Anyway I disagree with her being stronger than Thanos,he was already exhausted and could be weaker than his normal state.She is high 6-B still.

Carol didn't completely block his hits, Captain Marvel hit him twice while Thanos hit him once. And after chucking her aside, Thanos prepared to snap his fingers but she suddenly flew in.

Thanos literally screams in pain every time he adds an Infinity Stone.

Hence, Thanos's face was already in pain when he put on the IG, while Carol was determined trying to stop him, hence her face. When I was a kid fighting people older than me, I still keep a straight face to look tough even if I felt really painful.

Honestly what bothers me most about Carol being relative, perhaps even superior to Base Thanos, is that her introduction into the MCU leaves us with the gaping realization that she pretty much had 20+ years to deal with Thanos and completely failed to do so.

While the argument could me made that the Universe is indeed massive and she had no way of finding him or even knowing of his activities, her time with the Kree could have made her at least somewhat aware of a rogue warlord going around wiping out half of planetary populations.

Again, the gauntlet doesn't enhance your physical strength and durability.

In fact, Thanos was more focused on the gauntlet after putting it on, and felt extremely painful due to the power of the Stones.

CasualDark said:
Honestly what bothers me most about Carol being relative, perhaps even superior to Base Thanos, is that her introduction into the MCU leaves us with the gaping realization that she pretty much had 20+ years to deal with Thanos and completely failed to do so.
While the argument could me made that the Universe is indeed massive and she had no way of finding him or even knowing of his activities, her time with the Kree could have made her at least somewhat aware of a rogue warlord going around wiping out half of planetary populations.
True lol

"The same problems that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere else"

Thanos was a space problem before he ever became an Earth one.

Dzhindzholia said:
@Spinosaurus
Rewatch the scene in 0.5.

She parries his attack,he didn't hit her.
Yeah, it looks she dodge and parries his attacks; it is more visible at 0.25 speed. Nevertheless, Thanos still thow her away so it is duablity feat that she could not seriously harmed so she have her durability scale and also her stricking strength to scale to AP.

If Thanos could seriously harm Captain Marvel with a regular punch, why didnt the headbutt work or why did he need to resort to the Power Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back