• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the Ocean Spirit should be Multi-Continent level (embodies the entire ocean) or Moon level (should probably scale to Tui as its counterpart).

They literally embody the moon, the ocean, and the balance between them. Iroh said the death of even one spirit could affect the balance of the world to the point of causing unimaginable chaos, and the moon spirit's death caused it to disappear.
Going back to this, I think Tui getting moon-level tier might be a hard sell for some people. I've brought it up before and some of the responses were that just because she is the moon doesn't mean she has moon-level ap. We would have to prove that she controls the moon's movement.

Yeah, moon level Tui is a hard no unless the movement of the ocean (which she actually should scale to) is that level. If someone knows how to calc how much energy is required for the motions of a planet’s water in the seas and shit is, by all means but moon really shouldn’t even be considered just because “muh moon spirit”.

Yeah, moon level Tui is a hard no unless the movement of the ocean (which she actually should scale to) is that level. If someone knows how to calc how much energy is required for the motions of a planet’s water in the seas and shit is, by all means but moon really shouldn’t even be considered just because “muh moon spirit”.
Probably take the average speed of ocean currents and the mass of the water in the ocean and do it like that

Going back to this, I think Tui getting moon-level tier might be a hard sell for some people. I've brought it up before and some of the responses were that just because she is the moon doesn't mean she has moon-level ap. We would have to prove that she controls the moon's movement.
It's not just 'she's the moon'. It disappears when she died, and Tui and La are locked into an endless push and pull, meaning they do act and move against each other.

I'm pretty certain that taking control of all the world's oceans would only get you high 6-A, not 5-C. Same with pushing the moon. However, you could make the argument that since La became the oceans and was able to move and control them after fusing with Aang, Yue can do the same after she became the moon spirit, since their powers should be equal and similar. Thus she controls the movement of moon and theoretically could slam it into the Earth if she really wanted to, though it would be wildly ooc.

The "Escape from the Spirit World" flash game also shows that the moon exists in the spirit world, and as far as we've seen the spirit world is more like a plane rather then a planet, thus gravity wouldn't be the thing that affects the moon there.

tell me if I missed something

Also, what do we do with Amon's profile? He's scaled to Yakone overpowering Team Avatar via Bloodbending, but isn't that just Durability Negation?

Also, what do we do with Amon's profile? He's scaled to Yakone overpowering Team Avatar via Bloodbending, but isn't that just Durability Negation?
I think his current 8-b rating is fine. He should be as skilled as EoS Katara is, considering he made a waterspout effortlessly after waking up.
Though he should also have durability negation, but when I brought it up in this crt Gilad had a problem with it. Still think he should have it cause he can control people's muscle's through their bloodflow, and guess what's also a muscle? The heart.

tell me if I missed something

Amon and Tarrlok upscale from season 3 Katara. Katara's chi isn't quite strong enough to bloodbend unless she is empowered by the full moon, where as Yakone and his sons literally trained themselves harder to the point where their chi is strong enough to bloodbend without a full moon.

I mean, I know we traditionally don't use hax potency to upscale, but this is a UES based example and the potency of their Chi was the specifically stated reason, so this is an example where it is fine.

Shouldn't we also take Zaheer's airbending as dura neg too since he can take all the air out of a human's body and suffocate them with it too?

Shouldn't we also take Zaheer's airbending as dura neg too since he can take all the air out of a human's body and suffocate them with it too?
That would make sense, yeah. Though any sufficiently skilled airbender should be able to do that; they just choose not to cause they're pacifists. Yangchen in her novel sucked the air out of a room that had people in it, causing them to lose consciousness.

Tenzin could have it on his profile, though there should be a note or something that states that he would only do it bloolusted/ooc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back