• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anyway, I think we can just agree to disagree here for a sec.

I found some stuff in the Sozin's Comet book.

You were talking as if it was in our plans.
I agree with it, yes but I disagree with not putting the combustion man scaling in
Did you read what I said? She does scale to him, just indirectly. Like she currently does in the sandboxes.
This is why she's Low 7-C in the first place
No, the reason why she was Low 7-C in the original CRT that I made to get them there was due to them being able to block combustion man's attacks

Including Katara
That's a terrible counter given that was totally vaporized anyway, and this completely contradicts your final statement.
That's not what the final statement was trying to highlight

What it was trying to highlight is the instances in which you believe them to scale to each other still show Azula being able to vaporize Katara's water

Which by your reasoning would not make them scale
By this logic, pretty much anyone should scale to energy blasts for exploding them in mid-air.
What?
Also, it's water. Would that not provide a conductive path for the lightning?
Huh?

How does this factor in to what were talking about?
Not at all. You have two examples of Katara actually stopping the attacks without damaging her shields, and Azula vaporizes her water attack.
In both cases they were relative in power yet she was still able to Vaporize Katara's water

Proving this is not something that specifically happens when two characters are at vastly different levels of power

No, the reason why she was Low 7-C in the original CRT that I made to get them there was due to them being able to block combustion man's attacks
I get this.

Just A) Katara was the only one in Avatar who didn't get mentioned, and B) I disagree.

What you said was basically all of team Avatar blocked or stopped one of Combustion Man's attacks on occasions. Given that Sokka is the only non-bender and would naturally not scale, I just assumed you meant Katara was the exception when you said 'basically all'.
What it was trying to highlight is the instances in which you believe them to scale to each other still show Azula being able to vaporize Katara's water
Cool, but I also showed instances of her not vaporizing the water, so that's an irrelevant point.
It's blatant. You can block or destroy something without scaling to it.

Getting your shield wrecked and not getting damaged yourself doesn't mean you scale to the person who only wrecked your shield.
Huh? How does this factor in to what were talking about?
You're claiming she halted the attack completely. I'm saying that even if that were true, water would kind of do that anyway due to its properties.
In both cases they were relative in power yet she was still able to Vaporize Katara's water
Cool, but that doesn't mean anything because she's not blocking shit in either instance.

If Katara's water was continuously vaporized without blocking anything, she just wouldn't scale at all by the end of Book 2. But she did in other instances.

I'd be different if that was the actual reasoning I'm using, but it's not.
Proving this is not something that specifically happens when two characters are at vastly different levels of power
Again, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying there's no reason to scale them because she didn't really block anything as such.

Do you think Katara would even have the possibly rating at all if that was my argument?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Cool, but I also showed instances of her not vaporizing the water, so that's an irrelevant point.
It's not irrelevant if it shows that relative characters can cancel out each others attacks like what was shown in Katara vs Azula
It's blatant. You can block or destroy something without scaling to it.

Getting your shield wrecked and not getting damaged yourself doesn't mean you scale to the person who only wrecked your shield.
Once again this is a very poor analogy

By using this analogy and slotting in the characters to there respective roles

Azula's firebending (The sword) breaks Katara's shield (Her waterbending) and of course Katara herself wouldn't scale to her waterbending, we already accept that as fact in ATLA

Also I know you weren't going for that argument but by using that bad analogy that's basically what you are saying

A better in more correct analogy would be Azula's Sword (Her lightning) and Katara's Sword (Her waterbending) clash and both destroy each other. Both swords are relative to each other

Which is exactly what we see happen
You're claiming she halted the attack completely. I'm saying that even if that were true, water would kind of do that anyway due to its properties.
I'm not claiming she halted the attack completely

She DID halt the attack completely, it's right there

Also your argument about fiction following the laws of physics as an excuse is just not a factor in this due to how often fiction breaks these rules
Cool, but that doesn't mean anything because she's not blocking shit in either instance.

If Katara's water was continuously vaporized without blocking anything, she just wouldn't scale at all by the end of Book 2. But she did in other instances.

I'd be different if that was the actual reasoning I'm using, but it's not.

It's a clash in which both parties attacks cancel each others out
Again, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying there's no reason to scale them because she didn't really block anything as such.
She canceled out an attack with her own which is literally just a case of A=B

I could go on but I really don't want to argue this until the current CRT is finished

For now we can say that we disagree and continue working on other stuff to do with the verse

Fair?

Here's my ideas.

The Book 3 Gaang, Ozai and Iroh all become 7-C.

Zuko and Azula (who gets a new key) are at least Low 7-C in base, since I can't find anything that'd scale them to anything other than Aang's firebending (if even that, considering that Ozai could stomp Azula and Zuko).

Ozai was still >> his base self when fighting Aang (who wasn't really trying to hurt Ozai according to multiple sources), but not quite using all his power until Aang used his earth sphere.

Last edited:
ST_T1A2_Amak_Impaled.png

An actual screenshot from the avatar mobile game. This part is adapted from one of the Kyoshi novels.

I don't think you comprehend the amount of ass cancer that comes along with Chinamen verses. May Avatar stay forever unsullied by that FILTH.
Nah, only when they keep tossing around stuff like Dao and other cultivator shit. I want the flowery ass descriptions they got for lore and skill.

Unalaq's profile still hasn't been changed regarding the attack potency for his first key. It should say "can put up a fight against base Korra".

It just says block attacks from Korra, which is accurate.

Everything else I could find was Dark Avatar Unalaq, or against a severely weakened Korra.

AS is already possession anyway considering the Rage of the Avatars controlling Aang, and Roku and Kyoshi possessing Aang on multiple occasions. Aang at least would resist possession since he could shrug off the Rage of the Avatars while the others might be more up in the air. If they have mastered AS, they should scale to Aang’s resistance imo.

I wonder what kind of villain the movie will have when it comes out, if it even has one. Considering Yakone was the strongest non-spirit villain in the franchise, and he showed up after the movie is supposed to take place, I expect they won't be too wild.

Hope that we get some good feats from AS Aang.

I mean, he could take away people's bending, which is something that his father couldn't do. But Yakone has psychic/thought-based bloodbending, which seems way stronger then anything Amon could do.
Amon has the psychic bloodbending too. We see him learn it right before he runs away in Tarrlok’s flashback from when they were teens. Amon surpassed Yakone in every way.

Amon has the psychic bloodbending too. We see him learn it right before he runs away in Tarrlok’s flashback from when they were teens. Amon surpassed Yakone in every way.
There was never a moment he did it in the present, though? After Korra found out who he is, I don't recall him ever using it. All of his actions used gestures.

There was never a moment he did it in the present, though? After Korra found out who he is, I don't recall him ever using it. All of his actions used gestures.
He may preferred to use gestures rather than through his mind

Just found something where the creators stated that Amon was able to use psychic bloodbending to subtly change his opponent's movements so that he could catch them and debend them.

Back